2011 - MIKA @ Magic Numbers Secret Gig, London - 22 Jan REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

Droopsy

Thanx for all the reports, pix and vids -- just great!

'Bout the ear ring.

Just been reading a LOT 'bout the significance when men wear them.

Maybe I'll post the links another time, BUT this is a great explanation,

I think:

"Originally if a man had his left ear pierced it meant that he was gay and sexually dominant, and having his right ear pierced meaning gay and sexually submissive.

Gradually, it evolved to a man with his right ear pierced perceived as being gay and a man with his left ear being pierced perceived as being straight.

Now, it just means a pierced ear without any sexual meaning.

(Men getting their ear pierced originated with pirates; the value of the earring was meant to pay for their burial if they were lost at sea and their body washed ashore)."

SO, I guess MIKA's ear ring is to pay for that gun or cannon he recently said he wanted!

In short--in this day and age-- if a man is wearing an ear ring it means . . .

the man is wearing an ear ring !

Nahce explanation, Alice!:thumb_yello::naughty:

Has anyone posted Vanessa's videos yet? She was sitting on the other side of the piano.

[YOUTUBE]E7QMjhP-hi8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nmqPQ16MrFc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4KOyLo4lxLs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]N8zYPaVy2H4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3vzN2rPiAXM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]G-2PDA_6E4E[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qzUsWJuRh94[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VyT4_ZVtik0[/YOUTUBE]

yeah! :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

. . . OR,

on the other hand,

maybe he's just trying to

let us down easy:

r72a14.jpg

mmmm I think about the hair more like the old travesti from Ally

and the ear ring are the colors of the rainbow :rolls_eyes:

Thanks for the detailed report Christine. And to the others for your further comments. It really has been great to be able to hear so much about this. I think that most of us thought that we would hear very little so it has turned out as a lovely bonus.:biggrin2:

Has anyone posted Vanessa's videos yet? She was sitting on the other side of the piano.

Oh! There are still a lot of videos!! Thank you Vanessa and Christine!!:mf_lustslow:

Edited by Lena

Thanx for all the reports, pix and vids -- just great!

'Bout the ear ring.

Just been reading a LOT 'bout the significance when men wear them.

Maybe I'll post the links another time, BUT this is a great explanation,

I think:

"Originally if a man had his left ear pierced it meant that he was gay and sexually dominant, and having his right ear pierced meaning gay and sexually submissive.

Gradually, it evolved to a man with his right ear pierced perceived as being gay and a man with his left ear being pierced perceived as being straight.

Now, it just means a pierced ear without any sexual meaning.

(Men getting their ear pierced originated with pirates; the value of the earring was meant to pay for their burial if they were lost at sea and their body washed ashore)."

SO, I guess MIKA's ear ring is to pay for that gun or cannon he recently said he wanted!

BRAVA! :thumb_yello: well done!:wink2:

:thumb_yello:Thanks for sharing the pic Nina!!!! Melachi is SO PRETTY,....thanks, thanks, thanks...And thanks for telling us something about the gig...we were all impatiently to know .....I´m really happy for you..Besos:woot_jump:

Edited by Pamp

Oh wow ... thanks for those ... :wub2:

I really can't stop watching these videos ... I've not been this excited about a gig or YT vids in along while :biggrin2:

He's just a one off ... I really can't thank you guys enough for all the reports and videos ... they mean the world :huglove:

mika94.jpg

who made that t-shirt-necklace for him? it's amazing! :wub2:

Thank you so much for such a detailed report! :wub2: I'm really hoping Mikasounds posts all the footage and not just some snippets.

i don't think they'll post the songs he totally messed up. :sad:so will we get to see any of it then? :teehee:

thanx for your detailled report christine! :flowers2: and everyone else again too! :biggrin2: it's great to see that all the 6 winners are mfcers! :wub2:

i'm still a little bit jealous and sad that i couldn't be there, because i'd loved to have seen a mika gig in that atmosphere, completely acoustic, fans sitting on the floor around him, requesting songs... :wub2: - but having seen the videos, i actually think that i wouldn't want to swap it for my 2 fave gigs so far, the little radio gigs in munich and hanover in 2009... it was different of course, but as close as you can get to a living room gig, if you don't win one. i really hope he does that radio stuff again for his next album, and in many countries, so everyone gets a chance to experience a mika gig in such an intimate atmosphere. :wub2:

yes, it was all so horrid...

grapes.jpg

:mf_rosetinted:

yes, you poor poor girl that you had to sit through that. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

of course WE love it, and i also really hope they'll publish it all... i just fear they might not share our view that it's these little "mistakes" that make it so special.

yes, you poor poor girl that you had to sit through that. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

of course WE love it, and i also really hope they'll publish it all... i just fear they might not share our view that it's these little "mistakes" that make it so special.

:roftl:

I know there was a lot of emphasis on the mistakes he made in the lyrics and all but most songs sounded really amazing. :wub2:

In particular, Happy Ending, The Only Lonely One, Grace Kelly, Any Other World, Lollipop, Love Today, Stuck In the Middle , BIOTG, WAG and Billy Brown

PS: I only deleted my original post as there is no need for silly, off topic pics to be posted twice...:teehee:

Edited by suzie

(Men getting their ear pierced originated with pirates; the value of the earring was meant to pay for their burial if they were lost at sea and their body washed ashore).

I reject that hypothesis. Clearly Mika is telling us he's a pirate! :shocked::roftl:

Oh lovely! So nice to see it from another point of view. :wub2:

:roftl:

I know there was a lot of emphasis on the mistakes he made in the lyrics and all but most songs sounded really amazing. :wub2:

In particular, Happy Ending, The Only Lonely One, Grace Kelly, Any Other World, Lollipop, Love Today, Stuck In the Middle , BIOTG, WAG and Billy Brown

PS: I only deleted my original post as there is no need for silly, off topic pics to be posted twice...:teehee:

Thanks to the people who post this, btw I wish i could be there, but it was hard to get magic numbers so i'm kinda jealous.. anyway, what i want to ask is, and so sorry for being such an idiot, but which songs are BIOTG and WAG? Again, i feel like a stupid for ask that, so sorry!! :boxed: And so sorry for my english too Ú.Ù