HRC announces 15th annual National Dinner line-up

dcdeb

Yes those are Louboutin shoes. He should know he is speaking to Amercians and not mumble in a French accent. :naughty:

i understood the Christian Louboutin bit but it took me about 5 listens to figure out he says 'equality' at 00:8 :doh:

Love the interview. This is one change from 2007 I am happy to see. Thank you for your support Mika. We've been fighting for the right to say on MFC that you might marry a man for many years now. :roftl:

About time really. Remember the whole: We don't Care campaign:naughty:

:blink:

thanks.....I'm deaf then! :old:

I'm old ans deaf as well.. It took me several times to listen to him in order to understand what he is saying in some parts :blink:

I used to be proud that I understand everything he says. So what happened to me, or it is just Mika? :aah:

BTw it was so funny to look at his facial expressions :naughty: Esp at 0.22

Thanks for posting this video!

I can't stop fangurling over what he's saying :wub2:

And, I don't know why but I really don't like these Louboutin shoes....:blink:

I really love this interview too!! :wub2: Lol, I agree about his shoes too, but I try to ignore them :naughty:

*joins the "I don't like the shoes" group* :naughty:

Oh yeah! "Straight or gay, we love him either way!" rally.gif

:lmfao:

I find it a bit weird that there are still some fans on this forum that denies that he have said that he is bi. I have seen some discussions about that, where people says something like: "he just said that we could call him bi, that doesn't mean that he is bi" :aah:

Does anyone know what I mean?

yes, I remember all those arguments very vividly... It is all very logical: Mika is basically supporting gay marriage to hide the fact that he is actually straight. :pinkbow:

He even accidentally put his girlfriend's ring on that morning because he was in such a hurry to get to the event :teehee:

yes, I remember all those arguments very vividly... It is all very logical: Mika is basically supporting gay marriage to hide the fact that he is actually straight. :pinkbow:

He even accidentally put his girlfriend's ring on that morning because he was in such a hurry to get to the event :teehee:

sssssshhhhhh!!!! It was a secret :mf_rosetinted:

Love the interview. This is one change from 2007 I am happy to see. Thank you for your support Mika. We've been fighting for the right to say on MFC that you might marry a man for many years now. :roftl:

So very true!:thumb_yello:

Oh yes!:naughty:

But what I learned from it was that to not take for granted that the whole world has the same open attitude to the gay-question that we growing up in for example Sweden and Holland have!:wink2:

On another note:

Alexander Skarsgård said in an interview that we Swedes are using the word That way to much! Do we?:teehee:

:naughty: and i frankly don't care about his shoes!!! i want an album!!!! :roftl:

Ok, you got a point there. :aah:

I really love this interview too!! :wub2: Lol, I agree about his shoes too, but I try to ignore them :naughty:

It's kinda hard to ignore them you know with all of that *bling bling*

(But then again: Who seriously wouldn't be wearing a gift from Mr. Loubi himself, so...) :biggrin2:

! Couldn't agree more, Christine.

Oh yeah! "Straight or gay, we love him either way!"

Those were the days! :wub2:

So many famous people watching his show, such an important event, how couldn't I be proud of him?He spread his awesomeness:wub2:

But if he wasn't dressed as Napoleon,he would make even better impression I think

Agree with that :aah:

Not sure that being dressed as Louis XVI or Napoleon is the best way for Mika to improve his notoriety in the US :naughty:

well i think he looks great and mature:teehee:

hes changed alot in the past years, which i guess is normal, he cant be wearing red trousers and braces all his life:naughty:

I like it, it means hes evolving, i dont even mind the rings:mf_rosetinted:

Very well said, Roxane :thumb_yello:

I think all these new pics of him, are showing a very grown up side of him.

He looks very dapper.

Dapper, elegant... with just the need of fun & creativity showing that he does not take himself too seriously

I like :)

Agree with that :aah:

Not sure that being dressed as Louis XVI or Napoleon is the best way for Mika to improve his notoriety in the US :naughty:

But why not?:tears:

Why can't people there appreciate a bit of exotics? It is fascinating, as for me!

Agree, he looks less gasmic :naughty: in this outfit, but anyway, in the whole it's a feast for eyes! :thumb_yello:

But why not?:tears:

Why can't people there appreciate a bit of exotics? It is fascinating, as for me!

Agree, he looks less gasmic :naughty: in this outfit, but anyway, in the whole it's a feast for eyes! :thumb_yello:

I was wondering the same thing. Why wouldn't they think it's fascinating? Marie Antoinette film was very popular (and it was a few years ago, so people can't be tired of the theme and this is not copying or anything). It's very impressive especially when you see it for the first time.

Sorry but this tweet I saw the other night sums it up :naughty:

"Now I'm at the afterparty with some band called Mika(?). They're all wearing Victorian costumes."

Now I can surely tell the difference between a Victorian costume and what Mika and co were wearing but I still do not see a Napoleon connection. I have never seen Napoleon wearing anything like what Mika has on. And why would they make any connection to Marie Antoinette either?

This whole theme has absolutely nothing to do with his music. We already had this discussion and it was argued that it was appropriate because of the historic French setting. So by the same token isn't Washington a totally inappropriate setting? :doh:

Why would anyone want to see a pop singer dressed up in 18th century tights to sing Relax or Love Today? *I* don't get it. Why do you expect Americans who don't even know who Mika is (nor, most likely, Louis XVI), muchless the fact that he had some gig at Compiegne several months ago, to get it. :aah:

Francoise, notoriety is a negative thing. I don't think we want to see his notoriety increased in the US. (although it might be with these tights.) :mf_rosetinted:

it's a masquerade of some sort...The US audience is used to it, in a way or another, see Lady Gaga now or Queen or Glam rock.

It's Mika's circus, it can be Marie-Antoinette (they had this stage setting ready for Compiegne and did not want to waste it :naughty:) or anything else he likes, astronauts or furry costumes :dunno:

You should be happy :naughty: in this way he won't be famous in the US, consequently you will have small audiences!

the risk is not having an audience at all :blink: = no gigs.

Gaga doesn't wear the same outfit for every song and for every occasion. Mika didn't wear furry costumes for an entire gig. Queen and glam rock is 30 years out of fashion. No it doesn't make me happy if Mika is doing things that are alienating to American audiences because *I* am part of that audience. :blink:

well, at least the HRC audience is more likely to be tender with him and his masquerades...the general audience can be tougher.

and I'm afraid we cannot expect anything totally different from him, not after seeing as he developed his stages in the last 2 years.

each time is a surprise as an Easter egg!

(and we know well how easter egg surprises can be disappointing :naughty:)