MFC Downtime

:yay: Thanks to everyone for their work in getting us back (especially StandardToaster)

But so disappointing to realise all my brilliant posts of the last week have gone :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wonderful morning! Getting up and turning on the computer and MFC is back!!!

Thank god it´s only one week of posts we are missing, can´t imagine what would it be like if we had lost everything, all our history, reports, links to interviews and so on. So I´m really happy!

And a big Thank You to all people who worked on it and spent their time to restore the MFC :mikalove:

YAY! :hi5: Thanks to everyone for getting MFC back and running, you guys are amazing! :huglove:

I never realised how much MFC meant for me, I felt so lost and kept worrying whether there were some huge news I didn't know about because I couldn't log in here. :teehee:

Hello all,

We're slowly getting back up and running after the longest outage in MFC history! It's good to be back. :huglove:

You'll notice that all posts made after April 20th are missing. This is because the hard drive failed in the server MFC is hosted on - all data on that hard drive was lost, and cannot be recovered. :sad:

Luckily, there was a backup copy of the (ENORMOUS) MFC database that was only a week old, dating back to April 20th. After our hosting company repaired the physical server we're hosted on, we were able to restore the site from this backup copy.

I know it freakin' sucks to lose a whole week's worth of posts, but let's all be thankful we didn't lose over five years worth. :shocked:

It will likely be slow going for a while as our techie StandardToaster (Andrew) is re-indexing the database.

Let us know if you have any questions - and welcome back! :biggrin2:

Thank you :bow: Thank you :bow: Thank you :bow:

We missed our home so much :tears:

It's great MFC's back :thumb_yello::woot_jump::wub2:

YEEEEEESSSSS ... WE'RE BACK. smilie_girl_252.gif

Although it was great to see everyone on twitter, I'm glad MFC is back ... and that we only lost one week of data.

Thanks for everyone who worked so hard to get MFC going again. You've done a great job. smilie_girl_088.gif

YEEEEEESSSSS ... WE'RE BACK. smilie_girl_252.gif

Although it was great to see everyone on twitter, I'm glad MFC is back ... and that we only lost one week of data.

Thanks for everyone who worked so hard to get MFC going again. You've done a great job. smilie_girl_088.gif

Thank god I joined Twitter before all this happened! :naughty: I wouldn't have had a clue what was happening if it wasn't for all the updates.

Thank God we have an awesome techie in StandardToaster, he has saved the day...and the forum almost in its entirety...we could have lost everything...

I was thinking about worst case scenario, and thinking how lucky we are to have such dedicated MFCers like Mari62 and Kumazzz and lots of others (those are just the two names that came to mind) who have big hard drives full of photos and videos all catalogued at home...can you imagine if we lost all our links and photos...:aah:

I do wonder about this gigantic forum though, it already has 5 years of stuff...does it just go on growing and growing, or do we get rid of a whole heap of old stuff?? Nobody wants to clean our house that much I am sure:teehee:

Thank God we have an awesome techie in StandardToaster, he has saved the day...and the forum almost in its entirety...we could have lost everything...

I was thinking about worst case scenario, and thinking how lucky we are to have such dedicated MFCers like Mari62 and Kumazzz and lots of others (those are just the two names that came to mind) who have big hard drives full of photos and videos all catalogued at home...can you imagine if we lost all our links and photos...:aah:

I do wonder about this gigantic forum though, it already has 5 years of stuff...does it just go on growing and growing, or do we get rid of a whole heap of old stuff?? Nobody wants to clean our house that much I am sure:teehee:

We can´t get rid of our old stuff, it´s all our HISTORY and everything belongs to the MFC as such. :mikalove: