Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

Isn't Easter on March 31? well,the catholic one,because the orthodox Easter is on May 5 (another religious nonsense IMO :doh: )

Yes, Easter Sunday is March 31st, and we get the Monday off as a holiday too. It's a long weekend for us :-)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to let you know Deb, May 6th we know as the May Day holiday, and May 27th we call the Whitsun holiday:thumb_yello:

The late May holiday used to be called Whitsuntide back in my day (the 60s) and there were always parades where children wore new clothes. But that name seems to have been dropped for years now, and we usually call it Spring Bank Holiday. When it was decided to make the first Monday in May a BH also, that became May Day.

Thank you for all the incredible pictures you sent in for our 'Popular Song' doodle gallery! This part of the competition is now closed, look out for the gallery of all the entries coming up later today. Our finalists gallery will be uploaded for you to vote for a winner tomorrow, so check back then. Are you ready for the next song you need to get doodling for? 'Love You When I'm Drunk' is up next! We've got a feeling this one is going to be an interesting gallery! So here's what you need to know:

You need to send your entry in to mikacompetition@gmail.com by 10am GMT on Friday 25th Jan. Please only send one picture per person and save the file as your name & the song title (preferably as a jpeg). Happy doodling!

We need your help. We made a fans video for the song Origin of Love to promote Mika's new album. We would like to make a world wide trend on Twitter tonight at 8:00 pm (GMT) it is 9:00 pm for France.

We need that you tweet

#OOLMikaFreaks

Thanks for your help :mikacool:

We need your help. We made a fans video for the song Origin of Love to promote Mika's new album. We would like to make a world wide trend on Twitter tonight at 8:00 pm (GMT) it is 9:00 pm for France.

We need that you tweet

#OOLMikaFreaks

Wow that's cool! :thumb_yello:

I'll try to help..

The 'Love You When I'm Drunk' doodle competition is now CLOSED! Thanks as ever for all the great entries, we'll have the gallery up for you to view later today. Ready for the next song we want you to doodle for? We're now accepting doodles inspired by the track 'Stardust'! You have until Monday 28th January at 10am GMT to send your doodles to mikacompetition@gmail.com (same rules apply - one pic, per person and save the file as your name & the song title, preferably as a jpeg)

We need that you tweet

#OOLMikaFreaks

I would love to help for a while... is it too late?

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

De retour à Paris pour rejoindre les Enfoirés. Bientôt en répétitions mais de tout coeur avec les manifestants de la marche aujourd'hui.

The bird is back!!!

Yay! Mika's back on twitter! But I can't understand what this tweet means.. Can anyone translate it?

On my way back to Paris to join les Enfoires. Soon in rehearsal, but with all my heart with the demonstrators in the march today.

Or something along those lines. Please correct me if I'm wrong. There's a pro-gay-marriage demonstration in France today, I assume that's what he's referring to,

I believe he's really going on that parade:

Kinoo ‏@Kinoo

Mika défile avec nous ! #Mariagepourtous

Looks like he did

Mika's twitte:

En retard pour les répétitions des enfoirés après avoir rejoint la marche. Maintenant en route pour Bercy par le métro !

Is this just a random guy? Or Mika's boyfriend?? :teehee:

I think I read somewhere this guy is from Tetu magazine (Mika did a photoshoot for this magazine in 2009)

EDIT: here's the source

Edited by BiaIchihara

I feel really proud of him for taking the time and doing this , esp since there's already marriage equality in the UK :wub2::wub2:

Sort of.

But we still benefit from a far more tolerant enviroment than, say, Italy, where even same-sex civil unions are not legal.

French parliament is expected to start a debate on the government’s marriage equality bill in two days.

Bravo Mika.