Listen to bits of Mika's album on Youtube!

mellody

Yes me too! I'M SO HAPPY ABOUT IT. :dance_man: My dad came in, and then went back straight back out again when he saw what I was watching :aah:

Ahahah, we can only say: Parents! :aah:

Love you when I'm drunk sounds like a fooking mario on drugs song

Ahah, that's funny! xD this song gets me in a party mood! :yay:

Anyway, I couldn't resist and immediately listened to it! I can say, I like every song melody, some songs are more dance-like, other ones are perfect to listen and enjoy, but I like it all! :mikacool:

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahahah, we can only say: Parents! :aah:

Ahah, that's funny! xD this song gets me in a party mood! :yay:

Anyway, I couldn't resist and immediately listened to it! I can say, I like every song melody, some songs are more dance-like, other ones are perfect to listen and enjoy, but I like it all! :mikacool:

They just don't understand! :aah:

It really does. I feel like I need some plumber hat on, and a princess disney dress and boogie the night away :aah: AND THEN GET ON THE LEATHER PANTS AND TIGER PRINT TOP AT THE CHORUS. :mikacool:

the more i listen, the more i hate MYH, to be honest. i didn't like it in the beginning, then came to like it (probably cause it was the only new mika song we had by then :teehee:), and i still think it's ok. but really, was it necessary to put it on the album TWICE?! :aah: he could've put that faster version of step with me on the cd, i wouldn't have minded hearing *that* twice! :naughty: anyway, guess i'll listen to the french version more often then, as it has emd instead of the 2nd myh. :teehee: if he releases MYH as a single, i'll slap him. :sneaky2::fisch:

i love it... lots... and lots... and lots.

faves so far are: Emily, Love You When I'm Drunk, Overrated (even though the demos is one of my fave Mika songs ever), Step With Me, MYH, Stardust, TOOL and Lola.

:mikalove:

Edited by kreacher

the more i listen, the more i hate MYH, to be honest. i didn't like it in the beginning, then came to like it (probably cause it was the only new mika song we had by then :teehee:), and i still think it's ok. but really, was it necessary to put it on the album TWICE?!

To me it's the exact opposite: I have always loved it but the more I listen the more I appreciate it.:teehee:

the second version has different lyrics, btw

OMG, I absolutely love both versions, it's going to be my favourite with UW!

sort of Touches you vs Pick up off the floor in the second album :teehee:

What do you mean by vs? was Touches You your least favourite track or you find MYH the combination of those two songs somehow?

I think it will be really interesting to compare the two lyrics - maybe they will turn out to be the different sides of the 'truth' ..etc.

PS: love the snippets and my least favourite is still Celebrate , so nothing to worry about as far as I am concerned

To me it's the exact opposite: I have always loved it but the more I listen the more I appreciate it.:teehee:

the second version has different lyrics, btw

i know. :naughty: that doesn't make it better though... it sounds too similar - anyway from that short snippet. i'll always mix up the lyrics. :rolls_eyes:

lol robi, i also loved TY and PUOTF most from the 2nd album, and i agree about UW - but MYH to me is nowhere as good as any of those 3 songs. :teehee:

it's funny how different the tastes are. :naughty: well, who knows what i'll think when i have the whole album. :wink2: it's probably a difference to hear MYH every 9 minutes vs. every 50 minutes or however long the album is. :naughty:

They just don't understand! :aah:

It really does. I feel like I need some plumber hat on, and a princess disney dress and boogie the night away :aah: AND THEN GET ON THE LEATHER PANTS AND TIGER PRINT TOP AT THE CHORUS. :mikacool:

Yeah, that's cool! :aah: Let's create a Mario-Mikaparty! Who plays Mario?! :yay: :yay:

if he releases MYH as a single, i'll slap him. :sneaky2::fisch:

I agree! MYH is the song that I like the least. Oh well, but I adore the acoustic version! :teehee:

i know. :naughty: that doesn't make it better though... it sounds too similar - anyway from that short snippet. i'll always mix up the lyrics. :rolls_eyes:

Some of the lines are changed so that they mean the opposite / it is from the perspective of the other person, I think.

This is a clever song in its lyrics as well.

PS: I never liked Touches You

As my sixth sense had predicted, I like only half of the album, that's why I'm not so shocked by the album, to me I concider this album as the worst Mika's one.

The song The Origin of Love is a master piece and Underwater too, Lola is a really nice song like Kids, Celebrate is sympathetic.

I'm not telling you in detail what I do not like in every song because it might be long, I summarize by too much electro-dance music that spoils probably beautiful songs. For example I think "Overrated" was slain, the demo version is so pure and beautiful that why it is a disaster in making of it a dance song without any emotions. The only thing I have to said it's that if an artist really wants to have a long carreer he must have his proper sounds, his proper musical identity which must be something timeless.

What do you mean by vs? was Touches You your least favourite track or you find MYH the combination of those two songs somehow?

I think it will be really interesting to compare the two lyrics - maybe they will turn out to be the different sides of the 'truth' ..etc.

PS: love the snippets and my least favourite is still Celebrate , so nothing to worry about as far as I am concerned

I mean my 2 best songs in the album, that are different between them.

I know, it's complicated :teehee:

the more i listen, the more i hate MYH, to be honest. i didn't like it in the beginning, then came to like it (probably cause it was the only new mika song we had by then :teehee:), and i still think it's ok. but really, was it necessary to put it on the album TWICE?! :aah: he could've put that faster version of step with me on the cd, i wouldn't have minded hearing *that* twice! :naughty: anyway, guess i'll listen to the french version more often then, as it has emd instead of the 2nd myh. :teehee: if he releases MYH as a single, i'll slap him. :sneaky2::fisch:

+!:thumb_yello:

MYH is grey and depressing, makes me feel low. It doesn't sound anything like mika- why is this the one he has to put on twice?!

BTW, was it you who said that Kids was disturbing? I was wondering why!

Some of the lines are changed so that they mean the opposite / it is from the perspective of the other person, I think.

This is a clever song in its lyrics as well.

you have a point with that. i didn't listen much to the lyrics yet (though of course i noticed they were different) cause i thought why bother if it's only short snippets... well ok i did listen to the lyrics of popular, to memorize them. :teehee:

nope, wasn't me... after milan i said i couldn't remember much of it, so i probably found it boring. but i like it since i heard the live version from amsterdam. :wink2: and i like this album version.

something in heroes is disturbing me... but dunno what, and in any case it's getting less since i listened to it about 100x meanwhile. :teehee:

+!:thumb_yello:

MYH is grey and depressing, makes me feel low. It doesn't sound anything like mika- why is this the one he has to put on twice?!

I agree that it's depressing, but that's what makes it beautiful. I'm careful with listening to it too much, because indeed it makes me feel depressed, but that's also what I like about the song. About putting it on twice, I guess we'll only understand if we hear the complete song, with lyrics... and even then we can only guess :naughty:

I actually thought Heroes was a bit weird. There's the soft and low part, which I loved, and then there's the higher part, which seems to be too loud to me, compared to the rest of the song. Am I the only one that thinks so?

I can't stop listening to it, I love them all, I even love Make You Happy which I hated at first, same with Celebrate :teehee: I can't wait to listen to LYWID, it's so crazy, SO SO CRAZY. It could have such an interesting video clip :fisch:

The whole album is a bit too electronic for me too (especially TOOL, I love the live version too much), I don't mind Overrated because we can always listen to the demo anyways, and I'm so happy he didn't make any major changes to UW from what we hear live. :wub2:

Unlike most, I'm not really into Heroes, I can't get the rhythm. And Stardust is not one of my favourites either.

But I'm really happy with it, all my doubts have disappeared. :mikalove:

I AM SO HAPPY!!! All of the songs are excellent, and I actually prefer this version of Overrated :wub2: Love all the songs, love Mika's new style as well. IMO Mika has made the right decision, because pop music change very often, and if he doesn't change his style his record will be harder to sell in the market. GAHHHH I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW CAN'T BE HAPPIER FNKSHUOFHOJEBJ

I actually thought Heroes was a bit weird. There's the soft and low part, which I loved, and then there's the higher part, which seems to be too loud to me, compared to the rest of the song. Am I the only one that thinks so?

well my bf (who had to listen to the album since he's home :naughty:) loves the higher part (chorus?) but he thinks it should build up from there, and not go back right to the slow part. since he said this, i hear it too - it's like there's something missing... but maybe it'll build up towards the end, like it's the case with many mika songs. we'll see when we hear the whole song, maybe also then the slow vs. fast part doesn't seem so weird anymore but it'll all fit better together? :dunno:

having said this, i guess that's also a reason why i'm not so happy about myh right now - i like the end of the song most, and that's missing in this version of course. :rolls_eyes:

Edited by mellody

nope, wasn't me... after milan i said i couldn't remember much of it, so i probably found it boring. but i like it since i heard the live version from amsterdam. :wink2: and i like this album version.

something in heroes is disturbing me... but dunno what, and in any case it's getting less since i listened to it about 100x meanwhile. :teehee:

sorry...

Maybe the disturbing bit about heroes is right at the end of the snippet. I can't remember the exact quote, but it's something about death. I badly need to listen to the whole of heroes though; it sounds nowhere near like a full song as it is.

Anybody else disturbed by By the Time? The first time I heard that song, it virtually put me off mika, and I didn't listen to it or even think about it for several months! Everyone else on here just seems to say it's beautiful!

sorry...

Maybe the disturbing bit about heroes is right at the end of the snippet. I can't remember the exact quote, but it's something about death. I badly need to listen to the whole of heroes though; it sounds nowhere near like a full song as it is.

Anybody else disturbed by By the Time? The first time I heard that song, it virtually put me off mika, and I didn't listen to it or even think about it for several months! Everyone else on here just seems to say it's beautiful!

I love By The Time. It made me cry once, cause it's kinda melancholy

I'm gonna resist :DD HAHA I've just listened to those we already knew to see what was the difference compared to live versions we've heard up to now. :> I'm glad to read some of your comments, it's just making me even more EAGER to listen to this album :D

11 days left ! *______*