Listen to bits of Mika's album on Youtube!

mellody

I'm gonna resist :DD HAHA I've just listened to those we already knew to see what was the difference compared to live versions we've heard up to now. :> I'm glad to read some of your comments, it's just making me even more EAGER to listen to this album :D

11 days left ! *______*

:hi5: xD

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna resist :DD HAHA I've just listened to those we already knew to see what was the difference compared to live versions we've heard up to now. :> I'm glad to read some of your comments, it's just making me even more EAGER to listen to this album :D

11 days left ! *______*

Welcome to the club:mf_rosetinted:

:hi5: xD

How? How it is possible? As for me, now my pleasure of new album is doubled, or even 3, 4 times more than if I listened to the whole album at once!

I joined MFC after TBHNTM was out, so I listened to the full album at once. And must admit, I was so sorry that I missed all the fun of gradual discovering. I envied people who was there earlier in 2009 and faced all that happy tension.

Now I'm happy to experience all the suspense myself!! It is way better!

But it's only my story, just to chat :wink2:

How? How it is possible? As for me, now my pleasure of new album is doubled, or even 3, 4 times more than if I listened to the whole album at once!

I joined MFC after TBHNTM was out, so I listened to the full album at once. And must admit, I was so sorry that I missed all the fun of gradual discovering. I envied people who was there earlier in 2009 and faced all that happy tension.

So agree with you :thumb_yello:

Well I understand you in one way. I really want to listen to the songs, but not as samples. I want the full song, or it doesn't matter. And when I get the album I really want to have some songs I never heard before. Because I love that moment when you hear a song for the first time that you never heard before, it's special. So I don't want to ruin that moment by listening to 30 second samples even if the temptation is strong. It's just a couple of weeks left :teehee:

And I have gradual discovered the album, both the spring and summer have been amazing when you've got more and more pieces together, and I don't see the samples as the last piece. The album is, and the samples are for me a way to cheat, a short cut. :wink2:

Edited by Lilasko

As my sixth sense had predicted, I like only half of the album, that's why I'm not so shocked by the album, to me I concider this album as the worst Mika's one.

The song The Origin of Love is a master piece and Underwater too, Lola is a really nice song like Kids, Celebrate is sympathetic.

I'm not telling you in detail what I do not like in every song because it might be long, I summarize by too much electro-dance music that spoils probably beautiful songs. For example I think "Overrated" was slain, the demo version is so pure and beautiful that why it is a disaster in making of it a dance song without any emotions. The only thing I have to said it's that if an artist really wants to have a long carreer he must have his proper sounds, his proper musical identity which must be something timeless.

I actually disagree :naughty: When an artist shows different type of music they can do, it shows variety. Having the same style over and over gets him boring. Not to you and me because we like that type. But the music industry, and the audience in general. Even in this album, it is very Mika. It's actually almost wrong to say what is Mika"ish" or not... My point of view :original:

Well I understand you in one way. I really want to listen to the songs, but not as samples. I want the full song, or it doesn't matter. And when I get the album I really want to have some songs I never heard before. Because I love that moment when you hear a song for the first time that you never heard before, it's special. So I don't want to ruin that moment by listening to 30 second samples even if the temptation is strong. It's just a couple of weeks left :teehee:

I agree. Although I have a bit longer to wait for the album :sneaky2:

And I have gradual discovered the album, both the spring and summer have been amazing when you've got more and more pieces together, and I don't see the samples as the last piece. The album is, and the samples are for me a way to cheat, a short cut. :wink2:

Of course, it is incredibly special! I remember the day when I had to press Play on Underwater from Seoul! My hands were shaking :aah:

But today's vid is like teaser, and I can't wait to check whether my opinion about a particular song will change. It is another level of discovering.

What is good, today I learned, that the TOOL album is really too electro, a I was afraid and as I was expecting. So, till the day I got the whole album, I get used to this fact, and won't feel any disappointment. I will perceive it more openly and friendly.

Don't think I'm an old hag because pure electro in not my cup of tea, and it is the thing that I must get used to. I prefer r'n'b (don't beat me with slippers). That's why I'm happy to discover the way I do!

Surely, people are different, so I understand your wish to do it the other way :huglove:

sorry...

Maybe the disturbing bit about heroes is right at the end of the snippet. I can't remember the exact quote, but it's something about death. I badly need to listen to the whole of heroes though; it sounds nowhere near like a full song as it is.

Anybody else disturbed by By the Time? The first time I heard that song, it virtually put me off mika, and I didn't listen to it or even think about it for several months! Everyone else on here just seems to say it's beautiful!

i don't like it either. i tried to get used to it for a while - usually i like songs more when i heard them about a hundred times. :teehee: but didn't work with that one. at some point i started skipping it on the album.

it's not about the lyrics for me though... good lyrics can make me like a song i otherwise wouldn't bother about too much, but if i like a song and then find out that the lyrics bother me, it doesn't ruin it for me. only thing that has happened is that a videoclip ruined a song for me ("dancing with tears in my eyes". don't watch if you like happy endings. :aah:). as for by the time, i didn't like the song, i didn't like the lyrics (though the "peaceful underwear" still makes me giggle. :naughty:), so i mostly skip it on the album. :bleh:

the last sentence of this snippet of heroes is "and you know, heroes are meant to survive" - i don't expect the text to be happy, as it's about soldiers who have to live with what they saw in war. but this sentence doesn't sound negative at all to me. :dunno: listening more closely, he sings something about blood in the chorus though, that's another story... :rolls_eyes:

I actually disagree :naughty: When an artist shows different type of music they can do, it shows variety. Having the same style over and over gets him boring. Not to you and me because we like that type.

I also find it boring. The reason I liked Mika so much in the beginning is that even the songs on LICM were different from one another. But when Rain started to sound like Relax part II it gets boring. I'm glad TOOL is very different. I don't want to hear Relax III.

Anyone who makes the same song over and over is just living off the fumes of their past success. The Beatles were innovative musicians and songwriters and their sound changed completely from year to year.

I agree with you! I've been a fan since last September (always knew and loved his singles but nothing more) so I just bought first album and then the 2nd one the week after. I think I didn't enjoy the albums as much as you guys, because you knew what to expect, you had heard bits of it, you were more excited than I was because it was all too fast, too many songs at once. I completely understand that different people enjoy different things and ways though, it's totally fine by me! I even admire those who are strong enough to not listen to the samples *_*

I actually disagree :naughty: When an artist shows different type of music they can do, it shows variety. Having the same style over and over gets him boring. Not to you and me because we like that type. But the music industry, and the audience in general. Even in this album, it is very Mika. It's actually almost wrong to say what is Mika"ish" or not... My point of view :original:

I also agree. I was worried TOOL is going to be too electronic and generic, that it won't sound like Mika at all, but it's not like that. Mika grew up and evolved, all people do, and so they make changes to their way of thinking and therefore their art too. I think that if TOOL was the same style as the other 2 albums, it would get boring. Having something so new that is still "Mika-ish" is wonderful and really exciting. :thumb_yello:

Of course, it is incredibly special! I remember the day when I had to press Play on Underwater from Seoul! My hands were shaking :aah:

But today's vid is like teaser, and I can't wait to check whether my opinion about a particular song will change. It is another level of discovering.

What is good, today I learned, that the TOOL album is really too electro, a I was afraid and as I was expecting. So, till the day I got the whole album, I get used to this fact, and won't feel any disappointment. I will perceive it more openly and friendly.

Don't think I'm an old hag because pure electro in not my cup of tea, and it is the thing that I must get used to. I prefer r'n'b (don't beat me with slippers). That's why I'm happy to discover the way I do!

Surely, people are different, so I understand your wish to do it the other way :huglove:

I get your point, and I think you might be right. Just that the part of my body that wants to have a brand new album wins over the part that wants to listen to the samples :aah:

@DreamyQueen and WeAreGolden - I understand what you're saying but for me there's been enough of that already. Enough songs have leaked. There's been enough teasing. MYH is surely as electronic as it could possibly get so I think I have a reasonable sense that this is a heavily electronic album compared to the others. It's all enough. I am ready to hear the album in its entirety now (or in 2 weeks).

Everyone is making judgements about these songs but (some of) you haven't heard them yet. Your perceptions will change when you hear them in context.

@DreamyQueen and WeAreGolden - I understand what you're saying but for me there's been enough of that already. Enough songs have leaked. There's been enough teasing. MYH is surely as electronic as it could possibly get so I think I have a reasonable sense that this is a heavily electronic album compared to the others. It's all enough. I am ready to hear the album in its entirety now (or in 2 weeks).

Everyone is making judgements about these songs but (some of) you haven't heard them yet. Your perceptions will change when you hear them in context.

Oh, you had it with previous album in full :doh:

And that's one of the most interesting thing! Can't wait for this experiment :wink2:

Your perceptions will change when you hear them in context.

Oh that's absolutely true, and I know it. I remember when I first heard

the snippet of One Foot Boy, I was like :blink: And then I heard it in full

and it's gone on to become one of my very favorite Mika songs. :wub2:

But that hasn't stopped me from wanting to hear the album sampler, not

in the least. I appreciate hearing the teasers, it doesn't spoil anything for me.

If anything, it enhances my anticipation! :excite:

So that's why I'm not saying too much about the snippets from today

except that I really like most of them -- I know once I hear the complete

songs, my opinions will change. It's just fun to speculate. :naughty:

Oh that's absolutely true, and I know it. I remember when I first heard

the snippet of One Foot Boy, I was like :blink: And then I heard it in full

and it's gone on to become one of my very favorite Mika songs. :wub2:

But that hasn't stopped me from wanting to hear the album sampler, not

in the least. I appreciate hearing the teasers, it doesn't spoil anything for me.

If anything, it enhances my anticipation! :excite:

:thumb_yello: totally agree! I know i would change my mind about some songs when i hear them complete! When i heard the celebrate teaser i was like WTF?! And know i like it, so thats why i will abstain on doing any comments about the song yet :wink2:

As you know I have been speculating simply based on other people's descriptions. :naughty:

As you know I have been speculating simply based on other people's descriptions. :naughty:

Yes, I like that game. :thumb_yello: I'm even speculating on which songs YOU will like based on MY opinions! :teehee: