Paparazzi Photos/Mika's Family's Photos

dcdeb

We all have our opinions about paps, and as to whether celebrities should or shouldn't be photographed in their private time, and each is entitled to that opinion and that opinion should be respected by others, but the issue here is whether we, MFC, should post them or not.

Since most of you says NO, then such pics will NOT be posted here

Even if these pics are showing a lovely Mika having fun with Mel, his family and friends, it's still a privacy invasion, mainly to his family (unless they don't mind, which I think is very difficult to happen)

So let's stop arguing and move on (and wait for this interview for Espace Musique today)

Please ;)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since most of you says NO, then such pics will NOT be posted here

Even if these pics are showing a lovely Mika having fun with Mel, his family and friends, it's still a privacy invasion, mainly to his family (unless they don't mind, which I think is very difficult to happen)

So let's stop arguing and move on (and wait for this interview for Espace Musique today)

Please ;)

Interview???? Tell me more please :wink2:

of course we can assume that mika wasn't aware of those pix being taken, until he spotted the photographer. but who knows what happened then? we assumed in 2007 that he wasn't comfortable with showing his bare chest in public. if someone had said a year ago that mika would judge x-factor and the voice, we would have thought it was a joke. really guys, we don't know what he thinks of it. or his family/friends.

yes, for all we know he and his family cherish their privacy. but just recently i said on the popular thread that paparazzi pix and scandalous stories seem to be the way to sell music nowadays, and that i'm glad mika doesn't do it that way. but maybe his italian promoters convinced him that a few pix of him having fun with his family would help his career there,and everyone agreed to have them published? this *might* be the reason for his italian website posting them. i'm pretty sure someone must've tipped off this pap. and there probably was at least a week between those pix being taken and being published. enough time to intervene.

the reason paparazzi still exist is that they are part of the whole fame game. so far they luckily never were a big part of mika's career, but who knows, maybe this is another change we have to get used to. not one i like, but i guess that's all the italian girls wanted to say: whether we understand or like it or not, it does help his career in italy. and maybe him and his family accept this as part of the fame game. or maybe his italian promoters decided this all for themselves, and mika is totally angry with them now. or any other scenario. we simply don't know. that's why, besides being glad that mfc isn't a tabloid, i won't take sides in the sense of moaning about the bad paps and feeling sorry for anyone who's on their pix, until i know what their opinion on it is.

edit: sorry deb, only saw your post after i sent mine. i think we've all agreed here that we don't want pix on mfc that were taken in mika's private time without his consent. only from there the discussion went to why his official italian website posts them. i guess it'd be different if his official international website or he himself on twitter posted them, then we could be sure that him and the others in the pix were fine with it. but who knows who updates his italian site and whether they make sure first that he's fine with it.

Edited by mellody

The family has made it known that they don't want pictures like this posted. It is also in the MFC guidelines as requested by Mika in 2007 if I believe correctly. I don't know what Mika thinks of this but I know he hates it when people stalk him at his house etc. so I suppose he is not thrilled with these pictures.

Yes, exactly. Let's bring the heat of the discussion down a notch. :wink2: I don't think there's any need for further argument over what paparazzi should or shouldn't do, or what Mika's friends and family should or shouldn't expect. Obviously, we can't control any of that and such pictures are going to surface from time to time. The main question is whether we ought to post these pictures on MFC when they are circulating out in the gossip press or on the web.

Consider this: What if these photos HAD been a little more controversial? What if they had shown Mika a little more naked than he is? If it had been a nude beach, for example. Or if they had shown him in a more intimate setting? Would we still allow them here? We all know that this could happen. Certainly, we would want to protect Mika's privacy if the paps had gotten more revealing photos, right? We wouldn't want to be the ones spreading them all over the internet. At least I don't think we would. I think we, as Mika Fan Club, need to be a little more discreet That's really what I wanted us all to think about. Someone will always make the argument, "Oh, they're already online, or in the papers, so what's the big deal?" For me, at least, the big deal is that it's Mika, and I don't want to be associated with invading his personal life like that. :dunno:

Maurizia, I also wanted to add that you shouldn't feel bad about posting the photos -- I never meant to upset you. If you hadn't posted them, I'm sure someone else would have, and we would still be having this discussion, which I think is an important one for us to be having. :hug:

Thank you very much Deb, you're always so kind and understanding :huglove:

Sorry again for the pics, it wasn't my intention to create confusion in MFC :sorry:

of course we can assume that mika wasn't aware of those pix being taken, until he spotted the photographer. but who knows what happened then? we assumed in 2007 that he wasn't comfortable with showing his bare chest in public. if someone had said a year ago that mika would judge x-factor and the voice, we would have thought it was a joke. really guys, we don't know what he thinks of it. or his family/friends.

yes, for all we know he and his family cherish their privacy. but just recently i said on the popular thread that paparazzi pix and scandalous stories seem to be the way to sell music nowadays, and that i'm glad mika doesn't do it that way. but maybe his italian promoters convinced him that a few pix of him having fun with his family would help his career there,and everyone agreed to have them published? this *might* be the reason for his italian website posting them. i'm pretty sure someone must've tipped off this pap. and there probably was at least a week between those pix being taken and being published. enough time to intervene.

the reason paparazzi still exist is that they are part of the whole fame game. so far they luckily never were a big part of mika's career, but who knows, maybe this is another change we have to get used to. not one i like, but i guess that's all the italian girls wanted to say: whether we understand or like it or not, it does help his career in italy. and maybe him and his family accept this as part of the fame game. or maybe his italian promoters decided this all for themselves, and mika is totally angry with them now. or any other scenario. we simply don't know. that's why, besides being glad that mfc isn't a tabloid, i won't take sides in the sense of moaning about the bad paps and feeling sorry for anyone who's on their pix, until i know what their opinion on it is.

it.

I agree with all of this and esp the bolded part :thumb_yello:

So yup I think the pics shouldn't be posted here as they are against the guidelines

And yup we are making many assumptions (maybe educated, but still assumptions) about the opinions and feelings about ppl in the picture when the truth is, things change, people change and we don't know anything for sure about the feelings of the ppl in those pics until they decide to publicly address it...

I guess it's more entertaining to talk about the pros and cons of paps and what Mika's reaction must be tho so as we were :aah:

This is exactly what I was thinking because his official Italian site posting the pics is simply too weird. Why on earth would they otherwise post them? So maybe they convinced him this is what needs to be done. Not a pleasant thought, imo, and I would rather see it happening other way. Of course we can't know how it really is.

edit: sorry deb, only saw your post after i sent mine. i think we've all agreed here that we don't want pix on mfc that were taken in mika's private time without his consent. only from there the discussion went to why his official italian website posts them. i guess it'd be different if his official international website or he himself on twitter posted them, then we could be sure that him and the others in the pix were fine with it. but who knows who updates his italian site and whether they make sure first that he's fine with it.

I'm agree with you.

It's all part of the game and when you become more famous, the paparazzi trying to capture you also and especially in your private life.

Edited by Lucrezia

Are we 100% sure that this Italian Facebook page is official? I thought it was a fans page (because the fact that "official" is written doesn't mean that it's true)

Yes it's official, they also announce events like Mika's appeareance in Tv shows etc.. :thumb_yello:

Who cares if people don't know who they are. That doesn't matter AT ALL. Fact is that there are pictures of them half naked on the internet now. No matter if the picture is 'normal' or not. It is just so disrespectful and I can't understand that none of you see that.

I think this is the point, I wouldn't feel at ease in publishing them in my FB page, knowing that probably they are stolen moments, even if he's just smiling (any fingers in the nose), just like the pics of a friend playing with his son at the beach, I would never publish it without asking.

More than the "hall naked" thing, which for sure doesn't help, even though they were in a swimming pool, not in their room, I would focus of the "stolen" theme.

The theme is not about the bathing suit, but the fact that they are in a tabloid, so we expect to be stolen pics, they are disrespectful for this, I agree with IngievV.

I think that the difference of opinion just deal with this question:

are they really not authorized?

Most of us think that they are not authorized, including me, that's why we consider them disrespectful.

Karin I agree with you in some points but not the bolded one.

The italian manager was informed after the article was online on mika italia and he informed Mika himself.

This is exactly what I was thinking because his official Italian site posting the pics is simply too weird. Why on earth would they otherwise post them? So maybe they convinced him this is what needs to be done. Not a pleasant thought, imo, and I would rather see it happening other way. Of course we can't know how it really is.

Nina as I said 3-4 times already here the article was promoting XF and was a positive one and for the italian standards on tabloids this column only emphasized Mika as a normal guy who spent the vacation with family, friends and dog and they used it to talk about his role in XF. No allusions at all, just positive promotion so I'm sure this is why the article was posted. Mika here is not mainstream so if they give the message that even if he's a popstar is a normal guy, is a good thing so who doesn't know him can start to understand who he is with no preconceptions.

Would have been absolutely worse to see pics like the ones after some parties (also by paparazzi) when he seems really drunk or stuff like that...his image on people's mind would have been SO negative here...instead this message is a positive one. I know is not fair to steal pics and I agree with you all so paparazzi do a dirty job, but since those pics are out (and no one can control this process unless Mika buys the pics from the paparazzi before they are out but is illegal), I think we are lucky they used them in a good way. I bet Mika Italia thinks the same, they need good news to increase his popularity and to update the page and this scan is a way to do that. The page gained almost 100 more likes in 1 day..

No excuses here...just facts.

I'm agree with you both.

Again....wrong.

---

My thought....

I guess that those allusions/thoughts must be made only when you all are 100% sure of what happened. Is kinda bad to even think that the italian management "sold" Mika to increase his career here. I don't think you would ever think that about the Team M...so...why should the italian one be different?

I don't understand :doh:

Thank you very much Deb, you're always so kind and understanding :huglove:

Sorry again for the pics, it wasn't my intention to create confusion in MFC :sorry:

It's such a great opportunity to share our ideas on something deeper than his curls, and maybe it was the time to make a checkpoint on this theme, as Deb pointed out when she opened the thread, so :huglove:

If the rules here are so clear,there's no doubts for me: we don't post the pics here.

If he agreed that those pics to be published,that's another story,and frankly I don't think there's someone knowing the answer for sure,it's only speculations.Moreover,if you're looking at the first photo from that magazine,you can clearly see him looking straight into the camera,so he was very aware about the paparazzi being there. He even said in Avenches he's expecting from pictures from the Italian paparazzi.So I prefer to wait for his opinion,I think he's mature and smart enough to handle with those situations,imo.

If the rules here are so clear,there's no doubts for me: we don't post the pics here.

If he agreed that those pics to be published,that's another story,and frankly I don't think there's someone knowing the answer for sure,it's only speculations.Moreover,if you're looking at the first photo from that magazine,you can clearly see him looking straight into the camera,so he was very aware about the paparazzi being there. He even said in Avenches he's expecting from pictures from the Italian paparazzi.So I prefer to wait for his opinion,I think he's mature and smart enough to handle with those situations,imo.

How can you tell that he is looking at the camera, knowing it's there?

They aren't just over the pool from them most likely, they are more likely to be a fair distance away hiding with powerful telephoto lens, which Christine has pointed out constantly.

Just because Mika looks like he's looking directly at the camera, doesn't mean he is looking at the person photographing him. He's probably just happened to glance that direction at the time of the shot. It doesn't mean he is aware of someone taking a shot of him at that particular moment.

The italian manager was informed after the article was online on mika italia and he informed Mika himself.

Nina as I said 3-4 times already here the article was promoting XF and was a positive one and for the italian standards on tabloids this column only emphasized Mika as a normal guy who spent the vacation with family, friends and dog and they used it to talk about his role in XF. No allusions at all, just positive promotion so I'm sure this is why the article was posted. Mika here is not mainstream so if they give the message that even if he's a popstar is a normal guy, is a good thing so who doesn't know him can start to understand who he is with no preconceptions.

Would have been absolutely worse to see pics like the ones after some parties (also by paparazzi) when he seems really drunk or stuff like that...his image on people's mind would have been SO negative here...instead this message is a positive one. I know is not fair to steal pics and I agree with you all so paparazzi do a dirty job, but since those pics are out (and no one can control this process unless Mika buys the pics from the paparazzi before they are out but is illegal), I think we are lucky they used them in a good way. I bet Mika Italia thinks the same, they need good news to increase his popularity and to update the page and this scan is a way to do that. The page gained almost 100 more likes in 1 day..

No excuses here...just facts.

As I said earlier, I'm glad to hear the article is positive. I still think that pictures like these including his family are hurting his privacy much, much more than pictures of himself taken after parties (even when he looks drunk). So if they haven't made any deal or he didn't give any permission to publish these the pics are very invasive, imo, and I find it weird his official site posted them. It's not about how positive his image looks, it's about his privacy he used to protect.

That's why I thought maybe he has considered the issue and decided this is what he needs to tolerate (after all, he is now more celebrity than he used to be). Whatever the case, I feel bad for him. He has always said he is a private person. So how come paparazzi pics can suddenly feel good? They are taken so far away they give the feeling of stalking (would be totally different to see a picture of his holidays taken by someone he knows and posted on his twitter account).

I find it ridiculous to think we don't have any idea how Mika or his family feel about paps intruding on their holiday. I have never heard of anyone in the history of celebrity not being annoyed by the fact that they were stalked and photographed in private moments like this. Do they learn to tolerate it? I guess some of them have to because if you're Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie it takes over your entire life. But this has not been a daily fact of life for Mika or his family just because he is famous. People do not take pictures of them everywhere they go and publish them. Surely it is just as unnerving for one of Mika's cousins to find a picture of herself on a tabloid site in a bathing suit on holiday with her family as it would be for any of us.

And would any of us not be disturbed by the idea that anything that we EVER do that is not inside our home could be published in the media? If anyone answers yes to this question then I guess there is a cultural difference I am not aware of or perhaps a generation gap. Because where I come from it is just common sense and no normal human being would welcome this kind of intrusion.

And we have plenty of evidence that Mika and his family are normal in this sense and not the Kardashians. There are times I've been around Mika where cameras were forbidden by fans, nevermind the press. Yasmine has specifically asked fans not to post photos of her on the internet. One of Mika's friends has specifically requested to MFC that her private pictures of Mika not be posted on MFC. I'm sure anyone who's seen Mika's father at a gig has noticed he is very quiet and reserved and not exactly Justin Bieber's mother looking for attention. And I think the COUNTLESS times that Mika has said that he very purposefully restricted his behaviour (and let's face it, limited his fame and therefore his ability to sell his music) so that he would not be hounded by the media speaks for itself.

As for the argument that Mika Italia should utilize these pics because paps will be paps and you can't control their behaviour - also ridiculous. It's like saying the police cannot control guns so they should just hand them out on the streets and encourage everyone to use them. People post pics on MFC because they like to look at pics of Mika. A record company posts things on social media to encourage people to talk (and in this case the talk is going to be gossip about his personal life) about Mika and spread the photos as far and wide over the internet as possible. It's just weird that they are basically sanctioning this pap stalking and are primarily responsible for encouraging Mika fans to spread these pics far and wide.

I find it ridiculous to think we don't have any idea how Mika or his family feel about paps intruding on their holiday. I have never heard of anyone in the history of celebrity not being annoyed by the fact that they were stalked and photographed in private moments like this. Do they learn to tolerate it? I guess some of them have to because if you're Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie it takes over your entire life. But this has not been a daily fact of life for Mika or his family just because he is famous. People do not take pictures of them everywhere they go and publish them. Surely it is just as unnerving for one of Mika's cousins to find a picture of herself on a tabloid site in a bathing suit on holiday with her family as it would be for any of us.

And would any of us not be disturbed by the idea that anything that we EVER do that is not inside our home could be published in the media? If anyone answers yes to this question then I guess there is a cultural difference I am not aware of or perhaps a generation gap. Because where I come from it is just common sense and no normal human being would welcome this kind of intrusion.

And we have plenty of evidence that Mika and his family are normal in this sense and not the Kardashians. There are times I've been around Mika where cameras were forbidden by fans, nevermind the press. Yasmine has specifically asked fans not to post photos of her on the internet. One of Mika's friends has specifically requested to MFC that her private pictures of Mika not be posted on MFC. I'm sure anyone who's seen Mika's father at a gig has noticed he is very quiet and reserved and not exactly Justin Bieber's mother looking for attention. And I think the COUNTLESS times that Mika has said that he very purposefully restricted his behaviour (and let's face it, limited his fame and therefore his ability to sell his music) so that he would not be hounded by the media speaks for itself.

As for the argument that Mika Italia should utilize these pics because paps will be paps and you can't control their behaviour - also ridiculous. It's like saying the police cannot control guns so they should just hand them out on the streets and encourage everyone to use them. People post pics on MFC because they like to look at pics of Mika. A record company posts things on social media to encourage people to talk (and in this case the talk is going to be gossip) about Mika and spread the photos as far and wide over the internet as possible. It's just weird that they are basically sanctioning this pap stalking and are primarily responsible for encouraging Mika fans to spread these pics far and wide.

Yesss but Christine, you don't understand because the article was positive so it is good publicity and everyone in Italy is now like oh what a nice person Mika is! And you know it doesn't matter that his privacy was invaded because that's showbizzzz!