Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

I'm getting more and more annoyed by MIKA's facebook:

The last post is this:

226656_10151903230613040_1532731752_n.jpg

"Flashback Friday!!! Here Mika arrives at the MTV Video Music Awards at the Saitama Super Arena on May 26, 2007 in Saitama, Japan. Look at that smile!!"

It's not as much as the "#hot" that they wrote once (and, of course, the smile is beautiful :wub2:) but why does the official page talk about that? I would prefer they stay neutral about his pysical attributes and focus more on the artistic or funny sides. Sometimes it seems to me that a fan is hosting this page and not someone of his team.

Of course I could simply skip the Facebook page (what I'm doing most of the time, only having a blink to be sure I'm not missing any important information) but I also think it deserves him.

What do you think people?

Edited by Alireine

I don't have a problem with creatures that are taxidermied, though I am sure a lot of his vegitarian fans may freak out seeing them, but on the dinner table is a big no no for me. Just doesn't seem right.

Edited by RAK1

The last post is this:

"Flashback Friday!!! Here Mika arrives at the MTV Video Music Awards at the Saitama Super Arena on May 26, 2007 in Saitama, Japan. Look at that smile!!"

It's not as much as the "#hot" that they wrote once (and, of course, the smile is beautiful :wub2:) but why does the official page talk about that? I would prefer they stay neutral about his pysical attributes and focus more on the artistic or funny sides. Sometimes it seems to me that a fan is hosting this page and not someone of his team.

Of course I could simply skip the Facebook page (what I'm doing most of the time, only having a blink to be sure I'm not missing any important information) but I also think it deserves him.

When I saw the post I didn´t think they meant his smile as a cute attribute, for me it meant " look how happy he was there ", it was his worldwide start and it is a flash back :dunno:

I think it is the nature of FB that most people are drawn by photos. Look at a hot pic of Mika compared to a text heavy post about an auction for charity or a competition or something and the likes are 20:1 in favour of the hot pic.

And it is the nature of Mika's FB that people do not speak the same language so discussions or thoughtful comments on the posts are virtually non-existent. Sometimes I look at Mika's FB or YT comments and Twitter timeline and think the internet is a mindless void but then Lily Allen releases a controversial video and I'll see hundreds of people having thoughtful and intelligent debate...and well..."the internet" is not really the problem when it comes to Mika's fanbase over the past few years.

The last post is this:

I don't have a problem with people posting about how hot he is. I look at it this way.

First of all, the guy is gorgeous. To me, there is nothing wrong with using that asset. I'm not saying he should be going around acting like he's the bees knees, but he doesn't do that anyway. What I mean is, I've never seen him look more hot than he has on X Factor, but he has been himself, so he is a hot, but humble guy. An incredible combination of beauty and a wonderful personality, in one package. That's very rare indeed.

Maybe they were stuffed owls with apples inside? Instead of a goose :fisch: just to add some gotic feeling. I wonder what music they were listening :teehee:

:naughty: Maybe some music by - Owl City ...:teehee: Btw, re. music - I got my Songbook already today ! :fisch: A great surprise, as it was estimated to be here 8th Jan. It's very beautiful, imo, and I love to have both "Kick Ass" and "Live your life" on a CD ...:thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

Owls for xmas????

it's a snow owl. maybe he was hoping it would be a good luck charm for a white christmas. :naughty:

as for that fb comment, i didn't even notice it. besides, he does look gorgeous, nothing wrong with mentioning it, imo. :teehee: as long as his team does it, and not he himself on his twitter... but i agree with marilyn there. :wink2:

Ack, stuffed birds on the table, yikes! Awful close to the candles too.

The flowers are pretty.

Yes the flowers are beautiful. The taxidermy is weird but he's had these pieces for a long time so this is nothing new. :naughty:

yeah...do you remember this one?

I wonder if 'it' was a guest at his xmas table :naughty:

awww this comment just made me picture eating all alone with no one but Mel & his stuffed animals to celebrate the holidays with :teehee:

The last post is this:

I completely agree with you.I don't see any other official facebook page of another artist doing the same. Especially not mention him being half-naked.

Edited by IngievV

The last post is this:

I didn't think there's anything wrong mentioning his smile (as it is kind of an indicator of his happiness and connected to the situation in the photo) but otherwise I agree with you, tags like "hot" and describing him "half-naked" is inappropriate, of course. People seem to appreciate pictures more than real discussion, it's the nature of FB, but surely everyone can see he is half-naked without mentioning it...? He is absolutely beautiful :wub2: but yes, more neutral approach would fit better to his official FB page. Who writes the updates these days??

I completely agree with you.I don't see any other official facebook page of another artist doing the same. Especially not mention him being half-naked.

I couldn't agree with you more. The average comment on the MFC is more professional than the stuff on his facebook page lately. I like several artist pages there and if any of the other ones would post crap like that I would unlike them immediately. I haven't quite reached that point with Mika, but I'm getting there :sneaky2:

I couldn't agree with you more. The average comment on the MFC is more professional than the stuff on his facebook page lately. I like several artist pages there and if any of the other ones would post crap like that I would unlike them immediately. I haven't quite reached that point with Mika, but I'm getting there :sneaky2:

Sometimes I think maybe it's better that Mika himself would manage the facebook page... It works well on twitter :naughty:

Only when it comes to official things- mika team could do it, and nothing more...

I also remember they wrote mika has a birthday on August 17'th and cancelled the post after 5 mins... :sneaky2: And just recently they wrote it's christmas on the 24'th instead of 25..

I'm not sure what's going on there really :aah: