Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

Yes, or even Love you when I'm drunk, imo....

I still think OOL is the best song in the album, but I'm not sure if it would be a good single, for the main audience...

Origin is the best song in the album but Stardust might have worked better as a single. Drunk is great live especially with big audiences. He should keep the song, imo. But he should have kept Ring Ring too and he didn't. Oh well.

Drunk is great live especially with big audiences. He should keep the song, imo. But he should have kept Ring Ring too and he didn't. Oh well.

That is exactly it. Touches You replaced Ring Ring and Drunk replaced Touches You. I think when he releases a fourth album there will be another song that works in a similar way live that will replace Drunk.

Can someone explain me what exactly is this "camp" he was in please? And you said he was already here before?

I don't really understand what it is all about, how can he be working on new songs in the middle of 24 people? It seemed more like a big party for me but I guess I'm wrong as you all seem pretty excited :blush-anim-cl:

I would rather want him to drop a song like Blue Eyes live than LYWID; He'd better not quit performing that :sneaky2::naughty: I love that song, it's a party starter and one of Mika's most creative tunes. But we all have different tastes of course. Everyone here seem to love Step With Me and Make You Happy and I can't even stand listening to those songs and I never could.

Can someone explain me what exactly is this "camp" he was in please? And you said he was already here before?

I don't really understand what it is all about, how can he be working on new songs in the middle of 24 people? It seemed more like a big party for me but I guess I'm wrong as you all seem pretty excited :blush-anim-cl:

Totally +1 :aah:

Check the track by track for step with me. I think he talks about it there.

And there's probably a thread somewhere...

This camp is for songwriters and they are divided by small group and have to work on a new song every day.

Check the track by track for step with me. I think he talks about it there.

And there's probably a thread somewhere...

This camp is for songwriters and they are divided by small group and have to work on a new song every day.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3827892&postcount=338

It is a writing camp that he went to last year with Greg Wells and Priscilla Renea, which is run by ASCAP and the chateau is owned by Miles Copeland, brother of Police drummer Stewart Copeland.

He wrote Step With Me there, and clearly got inspired to go back again this year, which means he is heavily into writing, so that is very exciting:thumb_yello:

It is a writing camp that he went to last year with Greg Wells and Priscilla Renea, which is run by ASCAP and the chateau is owned by Miles Copeland, brother of Police drummer Stewart Copeland.

Greg Wells and Priscilla Renea were there as well?

I would rather want him to drop a song like Blue Eyes live than LYWID; He'd better not quit performing that :sneaky2::naughty: I love that song, it's a party starter and one of Mika's most creative tunes. But we all have different tastes of course. Everyone here seem to love Step With Me and Make You Happy and I can't even stand listening to those songs and I never could.

I am not crazy about Drunk for similar reasons that I love Make You Happy. I think it is really mean spirited (and MYH is the opposite). Maybe if it was aimed at a one night stand and not his bf it wouldn't bother me, but... I also think the chorus is silly/awkward. I like the bridge a lot though. It reminds me of Barenaked Ladies who are some of my favourite songwriters, although they did this idea better IMO with a song called Alcohol. "I love you more / Than I did the week before / I discovered alcohol" :teehee:

I am also not getting excited at the prospect of another Step with Me but I am glad to hear that Mika is actually thinking about writing songs instead of faffing around or having writers block. :aah:

Oh yeahhh right I got it... thanks! that's so nice! Sounds like something to speed him up in a cool way :naughty: Well, Step With Me it is indeed a great result :blush-anim-cl:

But does he really need it..? :dunno: Or maybe it's more for the experience and trying new things for fun.....

Edited by lollipop161

More info here! :wink2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26340

Are you sure Priscilla was there? Because he wrote Step with me with Hilary Lindsay...

She was, she posted pics from there. I don't think her and Mika were in the same group, as he got there later.

Last year, yes. Greg is there this time too.

Sorry but it´wasn´t last year but 2011

Are you sure Priscilla was there? Because he wrote Step with me with Hilary Lindsay...

yes she was there :wink2:

I am not crazy about Drunk for similar reasons that I love Make You Happy. I think it is really mean spirited (and MYH is the opposite). Maybe if it was aimed at a one night stand and not his bf it wouldn't bother me, but... I also think the chorus is silly/awkward. I like the bridge a lot though. It reminds me of Barenaked Ladies who are some of my favourite songwriters, although they did this idea better IMO with a song called Alcohol. "I love you more / Than I did the week before / I discovered alcohol" :teehee:

I am also not getting excited at the prospect of another Step with Me but I am glad to hear that Mika is actually thinking about writing songs instead of faffing around or having writers block. :aah:

It is sort of a cruel song :naughty: Will have to give that Barenaked Ladies song a listen. I only dislike Step With Me because it's about being in love and I'm unlucky in love and feel like vomiting whenever I hear a sweet and cheesy love song like that :naughty: Anyway, I'm also happy he's writing new music (just hope it's not 12 new Step With Mes lol). :)

I only dislike Step With Me because it's about being in love and I'm unlucky in love and feel like vomiting whenever I hear a sweet and cheesy love song like that :naughty:

Well, it's not really a sweet love song because in the end we get to know that it's only daydreaming of the speaker and nothing is real :wink2:

Still not the best song for being unlucky in love, I know :huh::huglove:

But because of the twist I like it although I hate sweet and cheesy love songs in general :teehee: