Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

This one?

[YOUTUBE]dKlroommhnE[/YOUTUBE]

It did make me smile :naughty:

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello: :naughty:

It's really funny :teehee: and she has a lovely voice and I really love Belafonte, so much better than Miley Cyrus :teehee:

Nice share this time :wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

Perhaps he had second thoughts about the first share :teehee::mikacool:

I just came home, wanted to add the last interesting programs I watched this week to a special list I'm doing, wrote the name Miriam Makeba on it, then turned on my computer and TweetDeck (thanks Christine for the tip :thumb_yello:), and saw Mika's tweets about her :teehee:

:wub2::wub2:

MIKA official @mikasounds

at home listening to Miriam Makeba after a long day. She is one of the finest female singers that ever recorded.

MIKA official @mikasounds

Her duet with Belafonte, 'One More Dance' is currently on repeat, check it out, it will make you smile

Oh, I remember, after the last time he was listening to M. Makeba, we had internet parties with Pata Pata! Those were the days! I still have this song.

Oh, I remember, after the last time he was listening to M. Makeba, we had internet parties with Pata Pata! Those were the days! I still have this song.

I didn't know he already tweeted about her. Do you remember when it was about?

I didn't know he already tweeted about her. Do you remember when it was about?

"Happy New Year to all! sitting around listening to Miriam Makeba. She can always put a smile on my face."

From Twitter:

https://twitter.com/aminabiyaghi/status/387633773468459009

At the Chateau Marouatte in Perigord France with the great Mika and Miles copeland. What an experience..Fantastic

BWEm3OkIEAAPWlf.jpg

https://twitter.com/aminabiyaghi/status/387982921568878593

Heading back to Paris after spending 24h with this great group of talented artists @mikasounds in Chateau Marouattte

BWJkaVOIgAE5WGW.jpg

(this reminds me of ASCAP camp)

Oh, well-spotted. I did see Greg Wells tweet about going to Paris, I guess that's where he eventually ended up. And yes, that's the same place Mika went before -- Miles Copeland's retreat.

Oh, well-spotted. I did see Greg Wells tweet about going to Paris, I guess that's where he eventually ended up. And yes, that's the same place Mika went before -- Miles Copeland's retreat.

Maybe that means "good new songs for the fourth album":mf_rosetinted:

From Twitter:

At the Chateau Marouatte in Perigord France with the great Mika and Miles copeland. What an experience..Fantastic

BWEm3OkIEAAPWlf.jpg

Heading back to Paris after spending 24h with this great group of talented artists @mikasounds in Chateau Marouattte

BWJkaVOIgAE5WGW.jpg

If any songs he writes there are half as good as Step With Me, we should be in for a treat on the next album.:wub2:

Edited by RAK1

From Twitter:

BWEm3OkIEAAPWlf.jpg

BWJkaVOIgAE5WGW.jpg

Awwwh, it´s where Step With Me was Born. I love the fact he got the chance to work there twice.

Awwwh, it´s where Step With Me was Born. I love the fact he got the chance to work there twice.

Me too! Hope he is getting a lot of ideas for new songs.

Thanks for posting, Sookiee! I saw Greg tweeting about it earlier but thought Mika is not doing it this year.

Edited by tiibet

Me too! Hope he is getting a lot of ideas for new songs.

Thanks for posting, Sookiee! I saw Greg tweeting about it earlier but thought Mika is not doing it this year.

Me too... I find this pretty exciting:thumb_yello:

Nina, do you remember when he told us about the camp in Milan? I think he really liked it :wink2:

I think so too. I can remember it :wub2:

So he is doing song writing camps and spending time in studio at the same as he is doing his judging work. Sounds good to me :wink2:

did he need to shut himself away in a castle to be helped in writing songs for LICM? No

and please don't forget Origin was kind of a failure album.

he seems to have lost something, imho.

oh well.

You really think so? TOOL is my favorite of his all albums. Origin, UW, Stardust (to mention some) are brilliant songs.

What I think is even more interesting about this news is that the guy who tweeted these photos identifies himself on Twitter as "Artist manager and concert promoter since 1992-Beirut and all Middle East- Star System . Beirut Holidays 2013 and many others." Interesting because Mika has said that he wanted to do something Middle Eastern/Arabic for a while now, particularly after he appeared on Coke Studio a few months back. Very curious as to what's in the works! :excite:

I think each album has its strong and weak points. Stardust is a better song than Big Girl. The thing I like most about TOOL is that it is moving on a sincere level. I know people cry during Happy Ending and of course Mika's performances are quite literally breathtaking. I just stop everything during the last line hoping to catch an extra special moment. But it does feel like a performance, like a musical, rather than something from the heart. But when he sang Make You Happy at the acoustic gigs I got chills it was so real. And I wasn't even there! I could feel it just from a YouTube video.