Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

I didn't even see this, it's not on my timeline. I only saw people responding to it.

I tested it with my second twitter account with this tweet and this theory really seems to be true:

Does anybody recognize this pattern: You see the tweet in your timeline if you opened your timeline before any of your twitter-friends answered to the tweet. And if any of your friends answered already you don't see the tweet?

On the one account some people answered before I opened twitter and I can't see the tweet :huh: On the other account with no answers I see it in my timeline :aah:

But one good thing with this bug :wink2:: You won't really miss a tweet, because it only will not be shown if there are answers - and than you know there must be a tweet because of the answers :teehee:

Yes, it's the stupid new way Twitter are displaying tweets. I only see replies too :aah:

But the people who are replying must be seeing the tweets! I did notice it started happening when they updated the way conversations are viewed (as in, made them impossible to read :aah:)

Use Tweetdeck. You can install it as a Chrome extension. Not only will you still his tweets properly in your timeline you can set up a separate column that lists all of his tweets (including replies to people you are not following) and you can set alerts like popups and sounds every time he tweets.

If anyone has an iPhone/iPad I also use Tweetbot. There is a small fee but it is really worth it. You can use it to mute people (or certain words) in your timeline without actually blocking them. (You can do this with Tweetdeck as well.)

I have X Factor Italia muted. :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, it's the stupid new way Twitter are displaying tweets. I only see replies too :aah:

I've noticed now that his tweet DID apear in my timeline and when my friends replyed to it, it's gone :doh:

But the notifications are working, compared to the other time when I thought he blocked me :aah::aah:

Use Tweetdeck. You can install it as a Chrome extension. Not only will you still his tweets properly in your timeline you can set up a separate column that lists all of his tweets (including replies to people you are not following) and you can set alerts like popups and sounds every time he tweets.

If anyone has an iPhone/iPad I also use Tweetbot. There is a small fee but it is really worth it. You can use it to mute people (or certain words) in your timeline without actually blocking them. (You can do this with Tweetdeck as well.)

I have X Factor Italia muted. :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

TBH, I never use Twitter, because I'm tracking my own account, plus the MFC account as well as my "real-life" business account. I use Tweetdeck on my desktop and Hootsuite on my phone and (brand new!) iPad mini. Never miss a Mika tweet. :wink2:

Added benefit to using Tweetdeck is that you can translate tweets easily with a click. :thumb_yello: Comes in handy with all the French, Italian, and Spanish tweets. Of course, it does nothing for Spataliano :naughty:

This is a fantastic tip!!!!!! Thank you very much, Christine. It's great how you can organize everything there, I just tried it, and now I have 4 personalized columns, it's amazing :D

@silver

You don't need Chrome, there is an web-version as well that you can open with any browser.

I don't use Chrome :dunno:

Well start using that too. IE is crap. :naughty:

Anyway you can get a standalone Tweetdeck. You can just keep the notifications running so you'll get alerts when Mika tweets. http://tweetdeck.com/

Tweetbot for iOS products also translates tweets and the translations are quite good.

This is a fantastic tip!!!!!! Thank you very much, Christine. It's great how you can organize everything there, I just tried it, and now I have 4 personalized columns, it's amazing :D

@silver

You don't need Chrome, there is an web-version as well that you can open with any browser.

There is also a desktop version.

It is a great way to organize everything. Like Deb I use it to tweet from MFC as well and don't need to switch back and forth between accounts. I can even send one tweet from both accounts at the same time.

Anyway you can get a standalone Tweetdeck. You can just keep the notifications running so you'll get alerts when Mika tweets. http://tweetdeck.com/

Tweetbot for iOS products also translates tweets and the translations are quite good.

*Installs Tweetdeck (Thank You!)

And I second this statement about IE :thumb_yello:

Just got my tweedeck account, thank yor for the advice. It reminds me very much to the old Twitter and I really like what I see right now. Thanks :huglove:

Thanks for the advice, I just signed in tweetdeck! A couple of stupid questions... How can I translate tweets easily? And how can I get notifications when Mika tweets?

Edit: Just found the translate button! Very easy!

Edited by tiibet

yeah, tweetdeck was also amazing as an app for android, i used that all the time, but sadly they stopped that service a few months ago. :( i still can't understand why, and still looking for a good substitute since i use twitter mainly from my phone or tablet - i'm hardly at the pc these days anymore. :aah: atm i use plume on the tablet, and tweetcaster on the phone, but neither of them is as good as tweetdeck. in plume you also have the columns, but you don't have notifications for each column (at least i haven't found this function yet). tweetcaster notifies me when mika tweets, but it's slow and doesn't have columns. their logo bird is cute tho, i always have to grin when i start the app. :naughty:

yeah, tweetdeck was also amazing as an app for android, i used that all the time, but sadly they stopped that service a few months ago. :( i still can't understand why, and still looking for a good substitute since i use twitter mainly from my phone or tablet - i'm hardly at the pc these days anymore. :aah: atm i use plume on the tablet, and tweetcaster on the phone, but neither of them is as good as tweetdeck. in plume you also have the columns, but you don't have notifications for each column (at least i haven't found this function yet). tweetcaster notifies me when mika tweets, but it's slow and doesn't have columns. their logo bird is cute tho, i always have to grin when i start the app. :naughty:

I've also used tweetcaster on my phone for one week,after tweetdeck died,but I gave up,because it's killing your battery life so quickly :aah: I'm using now app Twitter for android,and I get notifications for Mika's tweets,my mentions,and my DM's.

And how can I get notifications when Mika tweets?

Create a column just for Mika's tweets. Then you can have alerts for that column. Sorry I am not on my computer atm to give specific instructions but hopefully that gives you an idea.

I am using something called Slices I think for Android. I am not crazy about it but I have not learned to use all the functions fully. The most important thing for me with these apps is not getting alerts (I don't care if Mika tweets anymore sorry :aah:) but filtering stuff out. Twitter's block function is buggy and I need to make sure the tweets aren't coming through.

I hate using Apple products. They just crash incessantly for no good reason and it's impossible to access your files properly. And my iPad is too old to upgrade past iOS 5 so there are apps I cannot use. But people are not developing apps and games for Android of the same quality. It's very disappointing. I was planning to get an Android tablet but I may be forced to get another iPad.