Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

I can't understand why people should just accept negative sides of being a celeb. Paps are doing their job, yes. So are people who torture animals in labs (and by not accepting it we can get better laws against it).

Yes they should both be illegal. Someone pointed out to me that in one of the pics there are bystanders with their faces blurred out. So it seems these tabloids feel some ethical and/or legal obligation to protect "the innocent" but why aren't the people who are close to Mika entitled to the same protection? Or for that matter Mika himself? :blink:

Yes older fans did not publicly discuss his boyfriend to protect them but that is not what Mika is referring to.

I know, I just started from this quote to explain my thought :wink2:

Yes they should both be illegal. Someone pointed out to me that in one of the pics there are bystanders with their faces blurred out. So it seems these tabloids feel some ethical and/or legal obligation to protect "the innocent" but why aren't the people who are close to Mika entitled to the same protection? Or for that matter Mika himself? :blink:

All tabloids with blurred out celebs' faces. "Scoop, some actor is dating someone" :aah: "A politician got a serious bender"

Edited by Elwendin

I don't think there's any scandal either. Just a normal, lovely couple. And I also think their life could be easier if they were a bit more open, it wouldn't be news anymore. His mother and sisters are with him all the time and people respect their privacy quite well? Hiding must be stressful at times. But he has made it clear he wants to keep this issue private and papers should respect it.

Maybe this is the case,maybe he decided to stop hiding and doesn't care about the paps anymore.My impression is that that he is usually the one having the control of the events,and even if unexpected things happens sometimes,I'm sure he is perfectly able to handle the situation :thumb_yello:

Protecting innocents gives a false impression that tabloids are doing nothing wrong. There's a certain group of people willing to pay for seeing celebs in private situations and they need to justify it to themselves (innocents are protected and for celebs this is the price to pay for being public figures).

Maybe this is the case,maybe he decided to stop hiding and doesn't care about the paps anymore.My impression is that that he is usually the one having the control of the events,and even if unexpected things happens sometimes,I'm sure he is perfectly able to handle the situation :thumb_yello:

I've seen the pics (I didn't want to buy magazines but I've seen the photos) and he obviously saw the camera and didn't show a happy face. So it didn't look he doesn't care. Maybe he should have included a photo of his bf in the Paris Match interview and to do it with his own terms. I wonder what he really thinks about all this :dunno:

Why would there be a scandal anyway? It's just a guy with his partner, whom he's been with for years. I don't see why there's such a fuss.

Oh, I don't see a scandal at all, but some people, especially the press seem to enjoy making scandals when none are there.

I've seen the pics (I didn't want to buy magazines but I've seen the photos) and he obviously saw the camera and didn't show a happy face. So it didn't look he doesn't care. Maybe he should have included a photo of his bf in the Paris Match interview and to do it with his own terms. I wonder what he really thinks about all this :dunno:

Yes I think it's unfortunate that he didn't do it on his own terms but maybe they are still hoping this will go away relatively unnoticed which is preferable to making a formal statement that will then become an open topic for every interview and article about him.

I've seen the pics too (is there anyone who didn't? :mf_rosetinted: ),and I am curious too about his opinion,until then we can only make speculations about his thoughts :wink2:

Hopefully the paps will back off after they realize there's not much to see here, just two nice guys trying to live a relatively normal life. Normal for a celebrity at least. He's pretty boring as far as famous people go.

I'll sort of echo what Sylvie's saying, and say that I really admire this site and the fans for how respectful they have always been, and not just on this issue, but all areas of Mika and his family's life. I sensed right away that there was an unwritten code of conduct, and I really like that. I could tell that you long timers knew who the BFwas, but you always protected their privacy. I don't think most other fandoms would do that.

Yes I think it's unfortunate that he didn't do it on his own terms but maybe they are still hoping this will go away relatively unnoticed which is preferable to making a formal statement that will then become an open topic for every interview and article about him.

Or maybe this is exactly on their own terms.

As you said, claiming it in a formal statement would have been quite a big deal compared to let people know through a tabloid. This could be a kind of more mild step. As he said, these kind of things require many steps to get to an end.

Sorry, I can't explain it clearer, I hope you got what I mean.

There's no scandal at all, and I am among those who believe they'd live an easier life coming out as a couple. At least they could control the information flow and feel free to go wherever they want whenever they want, but as long as they are discreet (or secretive, depending from the point of view) it wouldn't be fair matching Mika's authorized assertion to unauthorized photos

Then of course within a wider discussion topic we can say that sooner or later something like this was going to happen and that paps are "only" doing their job, and that this is the negative side of being a celeb and so on and on

That's completely my own opinion too. They could have as much privacy, or attention as they want. It's the secrecy that has fuelled the fire all this time. Without that, they'd be just another couple where one is a celebrity and the other half is his partner. Just like many other couples.

That's completely my own opinion too. They could have as much privacy, or attention as they want. It's the secrecy that has fuelled the fire all this time. Without that, they'd be just another couple where one is a celebrity and the other half is his partner. Just like many other couples.

In fact right now we are discussing about pictures showing two lads walking, to be honest those photos are quite innocent and there's no real evidence for the general public that Mika is with his boyfried, but secrecy has fuelled the fire, and now paps (and maybe tabloid readers) are eager to find salacious information even when there's nothing to be shown.

Anyway you older MFCers have been absolutely brilliant and devoted respecting Mika's privacy for such a long time, I think he can be absolutely proud of his fanbase :hi5:

I am not curious about Mika's opinion. I think it goes without saying that this was not intentional and he would have been annoyed about it and would rather it did not happen. On the other hand I don't believe he was so upset about it that he couldn't focus on the Voice 36 hours later. He's a grown man and it's not like there is anything scandalous going on here especially since he has been openly gay and openly in a relationship for 2 years.

I'll sort of echo what Sylvie's saying, and say that I really admire this site and the fans for how respectful they have always been, and not just on this issue, but all areas of Mika and his family's life. I sensed right away that there was an unwritten code of conduct, and I really like that. I could tell that you long timers knew who the BFwas, but you always protected their privacy. I don't think most other fandoms would do that.

Well as I said earlier Mika drew us all into his world. I think it's very easy to treat celebs as characters in a movie when you don't know them. I don't buy tabloids and I have never seen Kim Kardashian doing anything real (I have never seen her TV show, etc.) but I know exactly what she looks like in a bikini and who she was married to and when she had a baby, etc. But myself and hundreds of fans have spent as much or more time interacting with Mika's entourage as with Mika himself. Even if Mika signed away his rights as a private person by becoming a celeb I think fans would protect his family and friends anyway. They are real people to us and not stars in some celebrity soap opera.

Hopefully the paps will back off after they realize there's not much to see here, just two nice guys trying to live a relatively normal life. Normal for a celebrity at least. He's pretty boring as far as famous people go.

Such a lovely 999th post! :wub2: - I feel the same.

In fact right now we are discussing about pictures showing two lads walking, to be honest those photos are quite innocent and there's no real evidence for the general public that Mika is with his boyfried, but secrecy has fuelled the fire, and now paps (and maybe tabloid readers) are eager to find salacious information even when there's nothing to be shown.

Anyway you older MFCers have been absolutely brilliant and devoted respecting Mika's privacy for such a long time, I think he can be absolutely proud of his fanbase :hi5:

There's no real evidence for Mika fans either that this is Mika with his bf ... it's just speculation ... because nothing has been confirmed by Mika or his team. :mf_rosetinted:

Protecting innocents gives a false impression that tabloids are doing nothing wrong. There's a certain group of people willing to pay for seeing celebs in private situations and they need to justify it to themselves (innocents are protected and for celebs this is the price to pay for being public figures).

Private situations like walking down a busy public street in full view of everyone? :mf_rosetinted:

I just don't understand the big deal. Everyone has a camera now, and I can't even go to buy some groceries without worrying that I'll end up getting mocked all across the internet on peopleofwalmart because someone thought I was ugly or wearing funny clothes. And I certainly haven't courted celebrity. Why should people who have get more privacy than an ordinary person. :dunno:

Private situations like walking down a busy public street in full view of everyone? :mf_rosetinted:

It is their private time and those paps follow and wait celebs to get their pics :dunno: I don't go to talk to Mika at public places like airports or cafes, I rather wait if he comes to me. It should be his decision.

I just don't understand the big deal. Everyone has a camera now, and I can't even go to buy some groceries without worrying that I'll end up getting mocked all across the internet on peopleofwalmart because someone thought I was ugly or wearing funny clothes. And I certainly haven't courted celebrity. Why should people who have get more privacy than an ordinary person. :dunno:

Well I guess it all sucks but even if that were to happen to you it's unlikely that along with the picture someone would publish your name and talk about your relationship with your boyfriend/girlfriend. That's what is private, not necessarily the image itself.

Such a lovely 999th post! :wub2: - I feel the same.

Thank you!

I didn't even realize I was getting to that point!

Here's my final take on this:

I love this fandom

Everyone deserves privacy no matter who they are.

The papparazzi suck.

And yay me!

1, 000 posts! :yay:

Thank you!

I didn't even realize I was getting to that point!

Here's my final take on this:

I love this fandom

Everyone deserves privacy no matter who they are.

The papparazzi suck.

And yay me!

1, 000 posts! :yay:

Congratulations :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I think we all try to be decent human beings, you know? And I always try to put myself in the other person's place, and think how I would like to be treated. Also, some of us have been asked at various times by Mika's family or friends to keep private photos offline as much as we can -- we can't ignore a request like that.

And I just wanted to point out to everyone (not directing this at you, ceebs, but everyone in general) who may not have read the MFC's FAQ and Forum Guidelines (and if you haven't read them, please go and read them!), that it's not just an "unwritten code of conduct" -- we actually do spell out what our guidelines are on this subject:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25843

#4. Respect the privacy of others.

Do not post personal information (i.e. personal photographs, addresses, phone numbers, passwords, or any other private information) without permission. This applies to other members, Mika, his family, his band or his management. Since Mika's family are not public figures, posting photographs of them that are not officially taken at publicity events, or soliciting personal information about them, is not permitted. Keep in mind that Mika, his band and management, and his family and friends read these boards at times.

Well as I said earlier Mika drew us all into his world. I think it's very easy to treat celebs as characters in a movie when you don't know them. I don't buy tabloids and I have never seen Kim Kardashian doing anything real (I have never seen her TV show, etc.) but I know exactly what she looks like in a bikini and who she was married to and when she had a baby, etc. But myself and hundreds of fans have spent as much or more time interacting with Mika's entourage as with Mika himself. Even if Mika signed away his rights as a private person by becoming a celeb I think fans would protect his family and friends anyway. They are real people to us and not stars in some celebrity soap opera.

Exactly -- we've had conversations with them over the course of several years, as well as with Mika, so they ARE real people to us. And that's why I said above, I put myself in the other person's place. I know I wouldn't want to be stalked by paparazzi or even fans simply because of who my brother is, or who my boyfriend is. :dunno: