Hello from Italy :)

Chris_14

Hello everyone! I'm Cristina, 26 and Italian. I have been reading this forum for a while now (a wealth of precious information) and finally decided to officially join MFC. Nice to meet you all! :bye:

I discovered Mika 4 years ago, when he was a guest on an Italian TV show and sang Good Guys to promote NPIN. I had obviously already heard some of his famous songs like Grace Kelly, Relax or Underwater (without really knowing who the author was), but that night something magical happened and I simply fell in love with him and his way of making music. I personally find the video of Good Guys one of the most beautiful ever made.

Apart from listening to all his albums (too many favourites songs), I also started watching every interview I could find online. I could listen to him talking for hours, he always has something clever to say (and often also funny). Having graduated in Translating and Interpreting, I also particularly appreciate his multicultural background and his versatility with languages. I wish I could be as fluent in English as he is in Italian! 

I already managed to see him perform live twice, in Genoa during the Heaven Tour and in Florence for one of his symphonic concerts. And now I can't wait to see him again in this Revelation Tour. Already got my tickets!

Well, I think I have written enough for now. Even if I am usually not comfortable with social networks, I am sure I will have a very good time here 😊

P.S. Apologies in advance for any mistake I may have made. Even if I work with English every day, I am not a native speaker. But I am always happy to improve and learn new things, so feel free to correct me if necessary :)

Edited by Chris_14
  • Like 6

Thank you for sharing your Mika story, Cristina! I'm Sara, welcome to the MFC :bye: 

Even if you're not completely new, here's a thread you might find useful to start exploring around: 

And the Italian thread, if you want to chat in Italian with other MFCers:

If you have any questions, we'll be glad to help you! In the meantime, enjoy this place :D

32 minutes ago, Chris_14 said:

Well, I think I have written enough for now. Even if I usually am not comfortable with social networks, I am sure I will have a very good time here 😊

I forgot to say, that makes two of us! But, you'll see, it feels good to be here :)

• Like 1

Hi! :bye: Really a nice introduction. Good Guys is also my favourite music video! :cloud: 

I have the feeling there are quite a lot of MFCers who work with languages (I study Translation Studies too and I'm not the only one here), it seems it's a common thing among Mika fans... :lol3:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sara09 said:

Thank you for sharing your Mika story, Cristina! I'm Sara, welcome to the MFC :bye: 

Even if you're not completely new, here's a thread you might find useful to start exploring around: 

And the Italian thread, if you want to chat in Italian with other MFCers:

If you have any questions, we'll be glad to help you! In the meantime, enjoy this place :D

Thank you very much for your help, Sara :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Hi! :bye: Really a nice introduction. Good Guys is also my favourite music video! :cloud: 

I have the feeling there are quite a lot of MFCers who work with languages (I study Translation Studies too and I'm not the only one here), it seems it's a common thing among Mika fans... :lol3:

Hi!

Yeah, I've noticed this widespread passion for languages. It's so wonderful to be able to understand what people from other countries are saying and talk to them 😃

Good luck with your studies! :thumb_yello:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Cristina! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Piedmont, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

I hope to see you soon in the next tour! :cheer:

Have fun here and we're waiting for you in the Italian page! :mika1:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm late ,  but welcome to MFC :huglove: and enjoy yourself with us :group_hug:

Here are three threads you might enjoy

www.mikafanclub.com/topic/6970-the-mikanictionary-more-random-funnyness

www.mikafanclub.com/topic/30851-mika-rare-video-treasures-for-newbies-and-others/

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/28644-the-looking-for-something-thread-part-ii/

and if you need any help around the forum feel free to ask :wink2:

See you around :bye:

• Like 1