l'll be OK again, I'll be OK again
I'll be OK again, I won't cry over you

Don't make me cry cry cry cry cry

(Don't make me cry)

Don't make me cry cry cry cry cry

(Don't make me cry)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It reminds me of some of the bad Take That songs from the 90s. :teehee: I was a fan of TT back then and loved pretty much everything they did... but today, I'm just like, Meh about most of these songs. :rolleyes: Anyway, after a few times of listening to Cry, it grew on me at least enough so I can listen to it without constantly wanting to skip it. :naughty:Also I just can't place the lyrics in this project about personal stories from recent years, it sounds more like and old story, maybe about the person that Rain is about. :dunno:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

It reminds me of some of the bad Take That songs from the 90s. :teehee: I was a fan of TT back then and loved pretty much everything they did... but today, I'm just like, Meh about most of these songs. :rolleyes: Anyway, after a few times of listening to Cry, it grew on me at least enough so I can listen to it without constantly wanting to skip it. :naughty:Also I just can't place the lyrics in this project about personal stories from recent years, it sounds more like and old story, maybe about the person that Rain is about. :dunno:

Actually I didn't like this much when I first heard it, but it has grown on me. I think it's a bit George Michael-ish, it's not a strong song but it's not the worst one on the album.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, silver said:

Actually I didn't like this much when I first heard it, but it has grown on me. I think it's a bit George Michael-ish, it's not a strong song but it's not the worst one on the album.

It's grown on me as well, but not my favorite either. Curious, what's the worst song on the album, in your opinion?

9 hours ago, kreacher said:

It too grew on me. I often find myself randomly singing it. I hope Mika talks about it more.

Same here. I do like the song. Not my favorite but its not bad. 

Sadly he wont sing many of these songs live. 😞

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

Me too, I like it, now. It's not his best song, but there's this "Must be the Reason why…" part of the song I really like a lot ! 

Exactly, love that part too! 

20 hours ago, silver said:

3 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Same here. I do like the song. Not my favorite but its not bad. 

Sadly he wont sing many of these songs live. 😞

:yeah:

Same here. Didn't click for the first time.

• Like 1

I kinda want to make a poll to see how many people didn't like this song at first but has had it grow on them. Seems like a lot!

2 hours ago, Irem Aytepe said:

The song is really good for calm down. Also I listen this song when I'm solving cheeky question banks :naughty:

About the meaning; so great, i need to analysis all the song of the album but, he describes the blue soooo cute

2 hours ago, Irem Aytepe said:

Same for me, maybe because of the album mood? Other songs are fun and we listened all of them together. When we opened blue, we didn't like too much

anyway its really great

Calm down? Blue? This is the thread for Cry :teehee: Thread for Blue is over here: 

5 hours ago, kreacher said:

I kinda want to make a poll to see how many people didn't like this song at first but has had it grow on them. Seems like a lot!

Calm down? Blue? This is the thread for Cry :teehee: Thread for Blue is over here: 

oh s...

I open a lot of page together so i couldn’t realised 🙄

11 hours ago, kreacher said:

I'm not sure i've ever created a poll on MFC before. is there a way to do it without opening a whole new thread?

You can only set up a poll if you start a thread.  I could add one to this thread if you like, but you might get more interest (from people not reading this specific thread), if you start a new one.

However, I suspect that fans may have changed their minds about quite a few songs, now that they have heard them more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver said:

You can only set up a poll if you start a thread.  I could add one to this thread if you like, but you might get more interest (from people not reading this specific thread), if you start a new one.

However, I suspect that fans may have changed their minds about quite a few songs, now that they have heard them more.

Ok thanks for explaining. 

With other new songs at least *some* people liked them right away, but it seems almost no one  liked Cry right away.

I find Cry kind of calming and chill. Someone in the youtube comments compared it to vaporwave, which made me think about it in a different way, and appreciate it a little more.  The issue with vaporwave, though, is I appreciate the creativity, but only listen to it as chill out background music, not as songs I specifically want to listen to. So I'm not sure that's a compliment? 

6 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Same here! I think I like it more and more cos it's stuck in my head all day. :naughty: When I'm at work and there isn't any noise I can hear Mika sing this song. :aah:

I like the song too and also It had it stuck in my head this morning while working. smilie_musik_111.gif

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 12:55 AM, ellie said:

This is my favourite song on the album :biggrin2:

And about the meaning @mellody my first thought was that its a metaphor about coping with depression/addiction actually. 

After listening several times, I agree, that it sounds like it's about some sort of addiction. Could be a person, a habit, an item - or actual drugs/alcohol, which of course I hope it isn't.

Maybe he's addicted to chainsaws - they hurt him, right? :lmao:

In fact the song has grown on me as well now. It's still my least fave, but it slowly crawls into your head. Addictive. :mf_rosetinted: :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2