Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2020

Dominika

15 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

You know what, I would love to see him on the Italian X Factor! And any other TV project for that matter. If we won’t be able to see him live anytime soon then this is the next best thing, isn’t it? And with Stasera Casa Mika he was able to perform within his world, his universe that he created around his music. 

And it’s a very good reason to start learning Italian 😉 (I know that they will be subtitled here at MFC by the subtitling teams, but it never hurts to have an extra motivation to learn something new!)

I don't know for sure when they'll be able to shoot things for TV....is it safe? I mean they haven't been able to finish The Voice this year because the virus made it impossible to shoot the lives... tonight they are showing 300 choeurs show that was shot last October for the third time on TV (which is great because Mika's in it :wub2: ) but things are so complicated for entertainment now...

Not that I wouldn't love a Mika show obviously. Casa Mika was my fav TV show ever :wub2: and it will take time till concerts can start again...it made me sad to see in the news that they are opening plenty of fairs and fun parks and that open air concerts in festivals can't take place this summer :tears: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 2:26 PM, krysady said:

I wonder if those people who called him "racist" and other names on Twitter, bullying and pushing him to post those links, are happy now... what's the satisfaction when someone does something because you insistently pressing him/her to do it?   A lot of artists only posted the black photo and that was enough to send the message, why there's always such drama when it comes to Mika?  :dunno:

A  racist supporting the UNHCR …...:facepalm:......no comment !

As for the "XF affair" , I'm very surprised that they are already planning a new season as nobody has a clue on how the sanitary situation will evolve within the next month (some scientists say there may be a second wave in Europe this fall) 

I just hope they will be extra carefull whatever Mika is in or not

XF is not what I expected when he talked about new things to come , but with the concerts being cancelled who could blame him for accepting a substitution job ?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, carafon said:

As for the "XF affair" , I'm very surprised that they are already planning a new season as nobody has a clue on how the sanitary situation will evolve within the next month (some scientists say there may be a second wave in Europe this fall) 

XF is not what I expected when he talked about new things to come , but with the concerts being cancelled who could blame him for accepting a substitution job ?

True and from what I've heard today it can last until spring of 2021. We'll see...

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

"Oh, no! Not X Factor!!!! I don't want him to do it again!"

Sorry to sound annoying again but everybody is free to express their opinion if it has no offence in it. You are supposed to express short thoughts on twitter (ok, you can now write more than before, but it was created this way). 
Example: I personally don't like xf Italy, because I find that participants are very arrogant (of course not everybody is arrogant, but I can't stand those who are) and maybe there are other reasons too, but this is the main one and the first that come to my mind if you ask me. So I can easily write "oh no, please Mika, don't do xf again!"
At the same time I understand very well that, as he always said, he has to earn money in order to be free to set up his own shows the way he conceived them. So I can understand why he could do xf again and how can you blame him? If there is no possibility to start touring again, it would be stupid not to accept this job in a period when you can do nothing but wait. 
This said I can't write an essay every time I want to express a feeling on my twitter account! I saw many ppl saying that they don't like xf but are ok if he does it again, it's his choice afterall. 
I saw no drama so far, so where's the problem on expressing one's opinion?

13 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

And it’s a very good reason to start learning Italian 😉 (I know that they will be subtitled here at MFC by the subtitling teams, but it never hurts to have an extra motivation to learn something new!)

I'm pretty sure the Subtitling Team never subtitled x-F and TheVoice :blink: 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Siri said:

Sorry to sound annoying again but everybody is free to express their opinion if it has no offence in it. You are supposed to express short thoughts on twitter (ok, you can now write more than before, but it was created this way). 
Example: I personally don't like xf Italy, because I find that participants are very arrogant (of course not everybody is arrogant, but I can't stand those who are) and maybe there are other reasons too, but this is the main one and the first that come to my mind if you ask me. So I can easily write "oh no, please Mika, don't do xf again!"
At the same time I understand very well that, as he always said, he has to earn money in order to be free to set up his own shows the way he conceived them. So I can understand why he could do xf again and how can you blame him? If there is no possibility to start touring again, it would be stupid not to accept this job in a period when you can do nothing but wait. 
This said I can't write an essay every time I want to express a feeling on my twitter account! I saw many ppl saying that they don't like xf but are ok if he does it again, it's his choice afterall. 
I saw no drama so far, so where's the problem on expressing one's opinion?

I'm pretty sure the Subtitling Team never subtitled x-F and TheVoice :blink: 

No we never did. Some fans subbed two seasons of The Voice though, but on their own. The thing is those shows are very long and with not much of Mika in them. So they would have to be cut down to the Mika only parts, then compile and sub them. A French fan did several videos like that which are subbed into English (Melissa and the first one is called something like "five years old Mika is having fun at The Voice" and the second one "Five years old Mika is having fun at the Voice again" They should be on youtube and vimeo.

We only subbed a few teasers of The Voice and Mika's audition at XFactor.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, carafon said:

Probably they will start the auditions without audience, only the judges and the candidates, or even use the online system if it's possible. 

As for the second wave, I read more and more opinions saying that there's quite little chances to happen, but of course no one can be absolutely sure... we still must be careful and keep the rules for our safety. 

• Like 4

In case you guys want to see Mika in The Voice compilations with subs they are here:

https://vimeo.com/89907332

https://vimeo.com/97354323

https://vimeo.com/139384210

And also on youtube but I can't find the second one.

https://youtu.be/L_KI70E6pmo

https://youtu.be/UzUQxjMNdy0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carafon said:

I'm sure there will be a new outbreak in the fall but maybe not as deadly as the one we've had because the virus will still be here with us.

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/4/2020 at 2:26 PM, krysady said:

I wonder if those people who called him "racist" and other names on Twitter, bullying and pushing him to post those links, are happy now... what's the satisfaction when someone does something because you insistently pressing him/her to do it?   A lot of artists only posted the black photo and that was enough to send the message, why there's always such drama when it comes to Mika?  :dunno:

This is even worst than what I had read :tears: And totally stupid :mad: Those people are silly trolls :sad: I believe they only do this to get attention. No one who knows Mika would call him a racist :shocked:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

A little bit off topic but in relation to racism I found this photo. Sometimes humans should learn from them

101708090_10158522023052764_332965264723

Do you mind if I share this everywhere? I love it so much :wub2:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

In case you guys want to see Mika in The Voice compilations with subs they are here:

https://vimeo.com/89907332

https://vimeo.com/97354323

https://vimeo.com/139384210

And also on youtube but I can't find the second one.

https://youtu.be/L_KI70E6pmo

https://youtu.be/UzUQxjMNdy0

Wow thank you so much for providing those links!

And like I said: anything that isn’t subbed is more the reason for me to learn Italian 😊 I’ve wanted to learn a new language anyway and this would be a great reason! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, carafon said:

so true re: hygiene for a show like XF. On the other hand: football season has started in Germany again (without audience, the players and staff are quarantined a week prior to the game) and that is going well so far. If there is (lots of) money involved, they will make it happen.

• Like 1

I think they can set up XF without audience, or with little audience keeping safe distance (and since it wasn’t easy to attend live recording with the regular audience, I think it will be even less easy this year, so, its not likely to be chance for fans to see Mika In person and maybe meeting him) 

They are also considering not doing it in Milan but in Rome, we will see how the situation goes on when they will have to do the live recordings 🤷🏻‍♀️

About Mika doing Xfactor again, I get that gigs are not happening this year, so in that period he wouldn’t have toured anyway because of covid, and for him it’s money, which he can re-invest for music and touring of course 😃
In my honest opinion, I’m not really a fan of seeing him (again) doing that show in Italy. Because I am not enthusiast of seeing him being recognized by the main audience as a “tv showman” related to talent shows more than a singer (of course, we got that many dates in Italy because of tv shows, and I’ve been happy, so I know I am sounding really contradicting) 

Before XF, for TOOL tour 2012/13, we got 3 Italian dates (just in 2012, none in 2013) and then he became really popular doing XF.
Now, I think that even without doing tv stuff anymore, we wouldn’t ever return to the 2013 situation, with no Italian date at all (or very few dates), since I think he got a very loyal Italian fanbase, even if not as big and loud as in XF years 2013/14/15. So, for just my opinion, enough is enough 🤣

I would have rather preferred him doing a talent show in another European country and gaining fans also there, since I am confident that Italian fanbase (and French as well) is stuck there, even without Xfactor or any other talent show 🤣

Then, I know it’s just talking about my preferences and my “fanfictions” about what I would see him better doing, without really knowing anything about what he is offered and in which terms! I guess that he was offered to do that in Italy, not in another country, and he accepted for the reasons we said, of course, it’s okay 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wow thank you so much for providing those links!

And like I said: anything that isn’t subbed is more the reason for me to learn Italian 😊 I’ve wanted to learn a new language anyway and this would be a great reason! 

You're very welcome :hug:

On 6/6/2020 at 6:46 PM, maggie112 said:

Then, I know it’s just talking about my preferences and my “fanfictions” about what I would see him better doing, without really knowing anything about what he is offered and in which terms! I guess that he was offered to do that in Italy, not in another country, and he accepted for the reasons we said, of course, it’s okay 

Exactly, that's the point. I mean, I suppose there's no Mika fan who'd say "I'd prefer him to do talent shows instead of touring and making music". Maybe there are some who'd prefer if he just did nothing or wrote songs, instead of doing Xfactor, or, as you say, if he did talent shows in other countries (you bet I'd love to have him here in Germany with whatever he enjoys or just gets paid to do here!) - but that's what I mean, I don't think he has much of a choice. I don't mind if people voice their opinion here or on socials, as long as they don't accuse or attack Mika with it, expecting him to change his mind, or whatever. I might be wrong, but I imagine that for him it's more heartbreaking than for any of us that he can't tour but has to do talent shows again instead. And if fans on socials tag him, saying "oh no, not again, please don't do that!", what else could he say than "yeah, f*ck, I wish I had a choice!!" - but he surely won't say a bad word about it but instead will try to see the positive sides.

It'd just break my heart to see fans attack him for something that he'd love to avoid as well, if he could. And yeah, back in 2013, I also wasn't happy about him doing Xfactor, and I wrote that to him on Twitter. Maybe he also didn't have a choice back then, I don't know - anyway Xfactor helped him get big in Italy, so whatever I might've thought back then, it was the right choice for him to do it. And today I trust him. I *know* he'd prefer to tour and make music, and I *know* he'll do it again as soon as he can, with or without Xfactor. And that's all I need to know to say, whatever he chooses to do in the meantime is fine for me - and personally I definitely prefer if he does something than if he does nothing and goes into hiding, simply because I miss him. And well, I don't know if and when we can watch Xfactor, as I think it's on Pay TV, but as @holdingyourdrink says, it's a good chance to improve my Italian - so although I've never watched the talent shows with Mika so far, apart from a few bits & pieces, I'll definitely watch this one if I can.

And btw, can I just say, I'd laugh if it turned out not to be true, because everyone's expecting it meanwhile. :lmfao:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@mellody yes, XF is on Pay tv. 
I also would laugh a lot if it would turn out not to be true, but I think it is, since a lot of press seems really confident he is doing it, so I would find it weird!

I hoped until last week it was just a rumour, because in a live he mentioned other projects he planned to do (if he was able) in Asia and South America, and he did not mention Italy or tv either (of course he could not say the word “Xfactor” 🤣 before it was official) 

he could also do both things, it depends on what it is, he could do them before live recordings, or if they are stuff that he could do in few days between one recording and the other 🤣 who knows 

Of course, I hope he did not mean talent shows in Asia or South America 😂😂😂 

Edited by maggie112
  • Like 2

@maggie112 For South America there's the project with Danna Paola, but not sure that's possible yet. Travels outside the EU are still very restricted, and South America is hit hard by the virus. I don't remember hearing him talk about Asia, apart from his cancelled tour there - he said something about Lebanon, wanted to make an EP, maybe a collaboration with a Lebanese artist? But same for that, I don't think he can make plans for anything outside of the EU yet.

There's still the documentary, he said he was working on that. And who knows, maybe when he said he started writing again in quarantine, he meant his book? :teehee: Ok I won't hold my breath for that, but it's an option, apparently he didn't mean writing songs, when he says he doesn't sing and doesn't have a piano there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

@maggie112 For South America there's the project with Danna Paola, but not sure that's possible yet. Travels outside the EU are still very restricted, and South America is hit hard by the virus. I don't remember hearing him talk about Asia, apart from his cancelled tour there - he said something about Lebanon, wanted to make an EP, maybe a collaboration with a Lebanese artist? But same for that, I don't think he can make plans for anything outside of the EU yet.

There's still the documentary, he said he was working on that. And who knows, maybe when he said he started writing again in quarantine, he meant his book? :teehee: Ok I won't hold my breath for that, but it's an option, apparently he didn't mean writing songs, when he says he doesn't sing and doesn't have a piano there.

Danna Paola is Mexican, do you think he meant the same thing? 🤔

1 minute ago, maggie112 said:

Danna Paola is Mexican, do you think he meant the same thing? 🤔

Hmm, good point. I don't know, but wasn't the Danna Paola project meant for Mexico AND South America, she's famous in all those countries, isn't she? :dunno:

• Like 1