Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2020

Dominika

He posted it on Twitter as well, together with some links. I agree that he needn't have posted anything and it's purely his own decision. But I love it that, as always, he put a lot of thought into what he posted, all of this is certainly nothing he put together within 5 minutes. You get bombarded with so much information on Social Media, I think the hardest thing is to choose and to select what to follow, to read and to support in particular. Not everything that is done in the name of a good cause really does serve this cause. So I'm very thankful to Mika that he has done all this research and put this together. :wub2:

Mika's text & links:

What has been happening in the past few weeks has emphasised the severity of the situation and the urgent need to address the racial discriminatioin prevalent in so many parts of society and policy. This is an urgent subject for all of us, a subject which calls for awareness, engagement and action. For me this begins with using my platform in the best way possible to support the fight for racial equality. It is time to listen, reflect and work together to make a positive change.

Here are some of the organisations that are doing very meaningfurl work. I have personally donated to them, if you would like to follow them and find out what they do, or even donate, the links are in the comments below.

The NAACP Legal Defense Fund: naacpldf.org

Official Gerge Floyd Memorial Fund: gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd

Stand Against Racism & Inequality: sariweb.org.uk

:france: LICRA: licra.org

:italia: Mamme Per La Pelle: mammeperlapelle.it

Join me in signing the petition at Color of Change

https://act.colorofchange.org/sign/justiceforfloyd_george_floyd_minneapolis/

Reading can be very useful, it is to me. Here are 2 further reading lists

Bit.ly/ElleAntiRacism

Bit.ly/TimeAntiRacism

It is also the start of Pride month, and as an engaged and proud member of the LGBTQ community, I also wanted to acknowledge this and the efforts of Stonewall and Exist Loudly, fighting racism within the community, as well as GLAAD within the US.

stonewall.org.uk

bit.ly/ExistLoudly

glaad.org

Google translate Italian :italia:

Spoiler

Ciò che è accaduto nelle ultime settimane ha enfatizzato la gravità della situazione e l'urgente necessità di affrontare la discriminazione razziale prevalente in così tante parti della società e della politica. Questo è un argomento urgente per tutti noi, un argomento che richiede consapevolezza, impegno e azione. Per me questo inizia con l'uso della mia piattaforma nel miglior modo possibile per sostenere la lotta per l'uguaglianza razziale. È tempo di ascoltare, riflettere e lavorare insieme per apportare un cambiamento positivo.

Ecco alcune delle organizzazioni che stanno facendo un lavoro molto significativo. Ho personalmente donato loro, se desideri seguirli e scoprire cosa fanno, o anche donare, i link sono nei commenti qui sotto.

Il fondo di difesa legale NAACP: naacpldf.org

Fondo ufficiale Gerge Floyd Memorial: https://gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd

Stand Against Racism & Inequality: https://sariweb.org.uk

: francia: LICRA: https://licra.org

: italia: Mamme Per La Pelle: https://mammeperlapelle.it

Unisciti a me nel firmare la petizione a Color of Change

Leggere può essere molto utile, lo è per me. Ecco altre 2 liste di lettura

Bit.ly/ElleAntiRacism

http://Bit.ly/TimeAntiRacism

È anche l'inizio del mese dell'orgoglio e, in quanto membro impegnato e orgoglioso della comunità LGBTQ, volevo anche riconoscere questo e gli sforzi di Stonewall ed Exist Loudly, combattendo il razzismo all'interno della comunità e GLAAD negli Stati Uniti.

https://stonewall.org.uk

https://bit.ly/ExistLoudly

https://glaad.org

Google translate French :france:

Spoiler

Ce qui s'est passé au cours des dernières semaines a souligné la gravité de la situation et le besoin urgent de lutter contre la discrimination raciale qui prévaut dans tant de secteurs de la société et de la politique. Il s'agit d'un sujet urgent pour nous tous, un sujet qui appelle à la sensibilisation, à l'engagement et à l'action. Pour moi, cela commence par utiliser ma plateforme de la meilleure façon possible pour soutenir la lutte pour l'égalité raciale. Il est temps d'écouter, de réfléchir et de travailler ensemble pour apporter un changement positif.

Voici quelques-unes des organisations qui font un travail très significatif. Je leur ai personnellement fait un don, si vous souhaitez les suivre et découvrir ce qu'ils font, ou même faire un don, les liens sont dans les commentaires ci-dessous.

Le Fonds de défense juridique du NAACP: naacpldf.org

Fonds commémoratif officiel Gerge Floyd: https://gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd

Stand Against Racism & Inequality: https://sariweb.org.uk

: france: LICRA: https://licra.org

: italia: Mamme Per La Pelle: https://mammeperlapelle.it

Rejoignez-moi pour signer la pétition à Color of Change

La lecture peut être très utile, c'est pour moi. Voici 2 autres listes de lecture

Bit.ly/ElleAntiRacism

http://Bit.ly/TimeAntiRacism

C'est également le début du mois de la fierté, et en tant que membre engagé et fier de la communauté LGBTQ, je tenais également à le souligner et à reconnaître les efforts de Stonewall et d'Exist Loudly, qui combattent le racisme au sein de la communauté, ainsi que GLAAD aux États-Unis.

https://stonewall.org.uk

https://bit.ly/ExistLoudly

https://glaad.org

• Like 9

I wonder if those people who called him "racist" and other names on Twitter, bullying and pushing him to post those links, are happy now... what's the satisfaction when someone does something because you insistently pressing him/her to do it?   A lot of artists only posted the black photo and that was enough to send the message, why there's always such drama when it comes to Mika?  :dunno:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, krysady said:

I wonder if those people who called him "racist" and other names on Twitter, bullying and pushing him to post those links, are happy now... what's the satisfaction when someone does something because you insistently pressing him/her to do it?   A lot of artists only posted the black photo and that was enough to send the message, why there's always such drama when it comes to Mika?  :dunno:

I know that other artists where criticised too, like Emma Watson or the french singer Amir. Even tho I just don’t understand why people criticise:blink: Is it to attract attention?

Edited by Londonmikafan
  • Like 1

Although I found it fantastic that he posted the links to the different organizations and articles to read up on (and to also combine Pride Month with BLM!) I wonder if he was pushed to do this (because of the negative backlash of #blackouttuesday), or that he was reading up on it already and just wanted to post the next day after careful consideration? Not that it matters much, because the effect is still the same, but I would hate to think that he was bullied into it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Londonmikafan said:

I know that other artists where criticised too, like Emma Watson or the french singer Amir. Even tho I just don’t understand why people criticise:blink: Is it to attract attention?

5 hours ago, krysady said:

I think it's done to attract attention and as well to feel more "important" because they insult celebrities telling them what they should do. Maybe there are some other reasons too.

It costs them nothing and after they can "proudly" say the celebrity followed his/her request. I can imagine that their only act is to write on Twitter or Instagram. Nothing more. It's a sort of Internet trolls writing posts everywhere and on any subject.

Imo Mika did not post his slides because of those comments.

He has the american passport and he has rights to express himself about what happens in America.

As well he was a victim of racist attacks when he was young. He was called "Lebanese" - at least this is what he said once while talking about bullying at school.

In Paris his familly (and many other Lebanon imigrants) was not very welcomed in this rich 16th Arrondisement because they were like Gipsies.

I was not surprised he posted his statement. For more it was not an impuls to post just because everybody posts something. He took his time and spread some important links.

He passed a message he wanted to pass.

@krysady  I don't think those people are happy now. They are never happy. They will find some other reasons to write. I hope they at least open links Mika mentioned in his statement. 

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I wonder if he was pushed to do this (because of the negative backlash of #blackouttuesday), or that he was reading up on it already and just wanted to post the next day after careful consideration?

7 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Imo Mika did not post his slides because of those comments

I like to think that this is the case.

• Like 2

I think Mika is always very intentional about what he does -- I'm sure he thought carefully about what he wanted to say, and wanted to have meaningful links and attractive graphics to go with his post, and that took time. I don't think his post was a reaction to all the backlash. Just my opinion, of course. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 16

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I think Mika is always very intentional about what he does -- I'm sure he thought carefully about what he wanted to say, and wanted to have meaningful links and attractive graphics to go with his post, and that took time. I don't think his post was a reaction to all the backlash. Just my opinion, of course. 🤷‍♀️

I think Mika didn't post because he felt he had to. He knows perfectly well that we never doubted him.  His involvement against discrimination is part of his daily life. He probably wanted to do something serious and thoughtful. The conduct of these so-called fans is lamentable, if only because it leaves a doubt and could discredit him in the eyes of a certain press. I don't understand the behaviour of these people who regularly seek to provoke   :dunno:

• Like 5

I guess with everything going on in the world, people have put social media (even more) as a center of their attention. With no other distraction, waiting for your favorite person to respond feels even longer and some get very impatient. 

Let’s be kind to one another and have more patience 😊 I think you guys are right about Mika putting a lot of thought into this, because that’s what it reflects, including making it look pretty and colorful. (Loved that!)

Bad thing about being in the spotlight like him, you can’t do everyone justice. There were several posts that highlighted that he has less followers now, but in the end, you would want the people that see and appreciate you to stick around, not the ones that are upset with every little thing you do (or don’t do, in their respective timeline).

• Like 7

Hello there! I see you are still discussing about Mika’s last post. I just want to say a couple of things because I’ve read several posts on twitter and I think I can at least collect what was said.

Please note that I am reporting what other people said, I’m not expressing my thought on that, so don’t blame or yell at me.
I’ll not talk about rude fans though, I think it’s better to leave them where they are and ignore them.

About the people that called Mika out respectfully, there’s no reason to attack them. Everyone can simply have different thoughts and express them without attacking each other; we can also change our mind with constructive criticism, so no need to shut them down every time (I’m still talking about respectful tweets, not rude ones).
What they wanted wasn’t a tweet where he said that he donated. There was no doubt on his involvement because if you are fan you know he is really concerned about this kind of subjects. What they were asking for was to tell something about what’s happening, and the reason is simple: there are many fans that are just not interested in what happens around the world and having him speaking about that would reach more people. 
It’s quite sad that you don’t know or are not interested in such things if your fave doesn’t tweet about that, but sadly those people do exist (if you don’t see them maybe you just follow active fans); or maybe you were just logged off every social for a while and missed everything (that could happen too, it happened to me some times). 

That’s it. Of course there were some rude tweets, but blaming everyone is not the answer. I saw much more tweets about people talking about other being rude than the actual rude tweets, and those whining tweets spread more hate and, as always, they created drama out of nothing. You can’t put everyone into the same basket. If someone was rude, tell them, but not blame everyone without distinction.

I just want to add that many artists were called out too, not just Mika. And that’s simply because they have many followers and they could reach more people. I’m not judging if that’s right or not, but I can at least understand why they called them out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All in all, this episode made me change my point of view on social media. The reason why I joined any of the social networks in the first place was because of Mika, and despite all the bad news you get (also) there whenever bad things happen in the world, to me it always was a happy place, the only connection I can have with Mika when he's not touring, and the only connection I have with other fans who don't come on MFC much (anymore). So I never really understood the negative things Mika said about social media, starting with his "Twitter bitter" post years ago, and continuing in several interviews and his continuous absence from socials. But now I think I understand what he means. If a few people criticize a post (by Mika or by anyone else), it's normal to me, it's not something I notice much. But what I've seen posted to Mika recently, even if most posts aren't hateful if you just look at a single post - but the sheer amount of it is just overwhelming. It's like drops of water that destroy a stone in the long run, and Mika has had this for years, about pretty much everything he does or doesn't do. And yes, often enough I've taken part in this, not seeing what it does if you get that kind of stuff hundreds of times every day. And maybe it'll happen again because even with the best intentions people do make mistakes, and social media still IS the only way we all can be in contact with Mika and give him feedback. So I'm not blaming anyone (apart from the few really hateful posters) or saying this or that could or should have been done. It just changed my opinion on social media to a probably more realistic one. And for once, although I do miss him, I'm happy that Mika doesn't come much on the socials these days, because it means I can take a bit of a break from it as well, without having the feeling that I'm missing much. As I said on Twitter the other day, social networks aren't life, and often it's just not possible to express certain thoughts with a few words or in a photo. I'm happy that Mika found a way with his well-researched and thoughtful post. ❤️

• Like 9

Well, new subjet (maybe) to discuss in the nearest future.

Next Tuesday at 21:15 Italian TV  SkyUno will announce the names of jury for X-Factor Italia 2020.

Will Maka be on the list? We will know soon.

All we know for the moment: there will be one woman and 3 guys. Not much as information 😜

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mellody said:

the sheer amount of it is just overwhelming. It's like drops of water that destroy a stone in the long run

It just changed my opinion on social media to a probably more realistic one. And for once, although I do miss him, I'm happy that Mika doesn't come much on the socials these days. 

As I said on Twitter the other day, social networks aren't life, and often it's just not possible to express certain thoughts with a few words or in a photo. I'm happy that Mika found a way with his well-researched and thoughtful post. ❤️

Yeah, that's the good and at the same time bad side of socials. They amplify things x1000, whether is love/hate/fake news/etc. And that's why I understand him not being constantly on socials. If you wanna use socials as a distraction or for sharing positivity and wanna live your life you can't be on socials all day long. And taking breaks from them is always good.

Anyway I like how he doesn't use socials at all for months and then he pops out of nothing saying he bought vacuum cleaners and such things, I find it funny and I wouldn't change that with a socializer-Mika!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, new subjet (maybe) to discuss in the nearest future.

I didn't know why there's so many tweets about XF and Mika today... so that's the reason :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, krysady said:

I didn't know why there's so many tweets about XF and Mika today... so that's the reason :rolleyes:

Yes, there have been rumours about him judging the Italian Xfactor already for a few weeks, some Italian tabloids wrote about it. So far it's only rumours, but as he doesn't have much choice atm as for what he can do, I could imagine it's true.

Thanks @Anna Ko Kolkowska for the update. The 2nd action figure from the right does have a slight similarity with Mika. :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

So far it's only rumours, but as he doesn't have much choice atm as for what he can do, I could imagine it's true.

I wonder if these are the news he was talking about in his IG stories

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Hard to say. We will see on Tusday.

If he is in it will be a new topic to criticize him on Twitter. Already now I can see some comments.

But I don't care. You cannot make everybody happy.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, krysady said:

It sounded like there might be more news than just this... and maybe that's his strategy to avoid criticizm, if for example he publishes his documentary at the same time. :dunno:

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

If he is in it will be a new topic to criticize him on Twitter. Already now I can see some.

Really?! :sneaky2: Luckily I haven't seen any - but then, I haven't been on Twitter much today. I mean, everyone knows that Mika doesn't have much of a choice of what to do, due to Corona, and that he'd very much prefer to do gigs if it was possible. When he started doing Xfactor in 2013, many feared that he'd turn away from music, have no time to write a great album or do gigs - and that he'd betray what he stands for, by taking part in casting shows (see the early cartoon video of the popstars assembly line). I think with his latest album and tour he showed everyone clearly that neither of this is true, and he also made it very clear that continuing his tour is his priority, when it's possible again.

I think he has lost a lot of money due to the cancellations, he said in some interview that he invested everything he had in this tour... and I'm sure any performing artist can be happy to get a job that earns them good money in these times - although restrictions get loosened in many places, cultural events with many people, like concerts or festivals, will be one of the last things to come back. And Mika also said in another interview a few months ago that he can't afford to just take a few years off, like Adele or others who've had several worldwide hits.

So well, I'll be curious to hear from anyone who complains, what alternatives they would suggest. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

22 hours ago, dcdeb said:

My thoughts exactly :hug:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, mellody said:

So well, I'll be curious to hear from anyone who complains, what alternatives they would suggest.

I wouldn't count on any suggestions 😜

I don't read a lot on Twitter but today I reviewed quickly messages and I found some "unhappy" ones.

We all agree  that it's a hard time for entertainment industry (of course not only for it).

Mika lost about 40 (FOURTY!!!!) concerts all over the world. And I can imagine a young Twitter user sitting before his/her screen writing soemthng like: "Oh, no! Not X Factor!!!! I don't want him to do it again!"

Mika has lots of ideas and good friends who would like to cooperate with him. In Italy as well.

We all still need to go through several months to overcome this strange situation.

Doing anything you are able to do is better than sitting and complaining. 

• Like 2

I don't believe anyone who knows Mika had any doubts that he would post about the situation. He always has in the past when things get rough or good because he truly cares and he is really a good guy. However it is better to think carefully about what you post and he took his time which is a good thing. I am against putting pressure on anyone either online or offline. I think it is rude and counterproductive. You can ask in a nice way but not with caps (for example) and using please... but you can also be patient...I will sound like an old thing maybe, but love and patience are the best way...always...trust me :wink2:

• Like 6

You know what, I would love to see him on the Italian X Factor! And any other TV project for that matter. If we won’t be able to see him live anytime soon then this is the next best thing, isn’t it? And with Stasera Casa Mika he was able to perform within his world, his universe that he created around his music. 

And it’s a very good reason to start learning Italian 😉 (I know that they will be subtitled here at MFC by the subtitling teams, but it never hurts to have an extra motivation to learn something new!)

• Like 3