Live stream benefit concert ‘I Love Beirut’, 19 Sept 2020

giraffeandy

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

I've hidden the posts about the Arabic subtitled videos - not sure this YT account is an official source and I'd prefer to have Team Mika confirm it first. 

Exactly. Although there're many videos from the gig on YT I think it's not a good idea post them here as it was a private concert. 

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, mellody said:

I've hidden the posts about the Arabic subtitled videos - not sure this YT account is an official source and I'd prefer to have Team Mika confirm it first. 

I was wondering how long it will take to block these videos by YT.

The whole video posted just after the streaming disappeared after 1-2 days. Hard to say if it was Mika's team reaction or YT blocked. it

I don't understand these YT rules. Sometimes I post a short video from TV or with a song in the background and YT blocks it after one hour. So why we can watch the whole shows? The same thing on FB.

Mostly videos are taken down because they breach copyright in some way (ie a TV programme "belongs" to the TV company).  With the Beirut concert, this is a commercial venture to make money for good causes, so any unauthorised video deprives the charities of money.

• Like 3

I know that everything is late right now as Mika said yesterday but where are the T-Shirts? Did anyone get a shipping confirmation? (It's not that important but I'm just wondering because the release day was a week ago.) 

Just now, giraffeandy said:

I know that everything is late right now as Mika said yesterday but where are the T-Shirts? Did anyone get a shipping confirmation? (It's not that important but I'm just wondering because the release day was a week ago.) 

I think Deb said on the live on Friday that they'd be shipped around this weekend - I suppose it can take a few days til they arrive. :dunno: If not, then maybe Mikasoon? :dunno_grin:

• Thanks 1

Just now, mellody said:

I think Deb said on the live on Friday that they'd be shipped around this weekend - I suppose it can take a few days til they arrive. :dunno: If not, then maybe Mikasoon? :dunno_grin:

I'm expecting that it will take 1-2 weeks but I think you should get a shipping confirmation because I've ordered there before so I'm assuming it's not on the way yet. Last time it took 1 week since the shipping confirmation (I've ordered from the UK shop). 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Someone from a groupe on FB asked the shop and received an answer that they will start the shipping the 9th of October. 

I can imagine they will not be able to send all of the orders at once.

And seeing that when I sent a letter to France and it took 2 weeks to arrive we have to be patient with our t-shirts.

All those closed frontiers, less flights between countries and I think more restrictions even about mails.

• Like 3

Al Khaleej Today

( Al Khaleej is a daily Arabic-language broadsheet newspaper published in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates by Dar Al Khaleej.)

alkhaleejtoday.co

Mika on your screens this Friday for a very special show

On August 4, a terrible tragedy shook Lebanon as catastrophic explosions in the port of Beirut sowed death and consternation in an already affected community. 300,000 people found themselves homeless in an instant, in an already complicated context due to the pandemic. The Lebanese of origin, Mika, singer of international fame, could not remain without doing nothing. He therefore orchestrated a benefit concert, entitled Mika: I love you Beirut, where he surrounded himself with other artists (Kylie Minogue, Louane and Rufus Wainwright) to raise necessary funds for the Lebanese community. To date, since the first virtual broadcast of this concert, the event has raised more than one million euros.

TVA, in support of the Lebanese community in Quebec, has decided to broadcast this intimate and poignant concert by Mika exclusively for Canada. TVA thus participates in the fundraising effort since the entire broadcasting license is granted in equal parts to organizations. The Lebanese Red Cross and Save The Children Liban.

For the occasion, a handful of journalists were able to speak virtually with the singer this Tuesday morning. Live from Athens and always so sympathetic, the artist shared with us his passion for Lebanon, Quebec and for his profession, which was transformed with the Covid-19 crisis. He speaks first of his intentions: “ I really wanted to do something, to make a kind of gesture, to do my job, to sing, to communicate emotion, in the service of the crisis which is happening in Beirut. »

He adds, concerning the show shot partly in Tuscany: “ For 90 minutes, we turn off the political side, but we do not soften the human side. Often it is the scandals that make the most noise, it is the images of the apocalypse that take the attention, but in the end, the human part is forgotten. I wanted to amplify this human side which is so often lost in the noise of everyday life. The artist speaks of an event in which emotion and celebration come together. We will notably meet baby Georges, a child born in the midst of the splinters, in the semi-darkness of a hospital that was blown away by the explosions. Mika talks about a very emotional moment, a bit of hope.

He pursues : ” I felt something new. I felt it wasn’t just a taped concert or a TV performance, but it was a different speech. It was at the service of people who wanted to tell their story, their testimonies, their suffering. I had the impression that even in this period of lockdown, we were doing something much more collaborative, universal and linked to people. We were in this team of 285 people, we had generosity of spirit everywhere and I felt something rare in the entertainment world: this feeling of not being alone. Which is amazing because I was alone on stage. »

Mika’s family who still live in Beirut were spared. The singer tells us about the situation there: ” Fortunately, in our family which still remains in Beirut, we did not lose any people directly, in our small family circle. But every person I talk to knows someone who’s been or hurt, or who’s lost everything, or who knows someone who’s dead. It is a crisis that is difficult to quantify. Because if you look coldly at the numbers, a few hundred people have died directly in the explosions. But, on the other hand, when we try to understand or visualize 300,000 people who no longer have a home, it becomes surreal. The repercussions of these two explosions, in combination with political instability, the economic crisis and the Covid, is really critical in Beirut and throughout the country. »

Mika draws a parallel between this concert and what he will do at Star Académie in 2021, as artistic director : « There is the idea of creating things. Artists today, we must be almost visual artists in a sense. You have to think, and especially in a showbizz crisis, you have to think about the situation, you have to adapt in other ways and tell in other ways. That’s kind of what they asked me to do in these 3-4 moments that I’m going to be doing on Star Académie next year. To communicate this idea that you have to dare, you have to think outside the box, you have to think of representing yourself with artistic freedom and taking risks. This idea of 360 degree creation is very important. That doesn’t mean that we have to do everything ourselves, but we have to know how to surround ourselves well. »

He approaches his love of Quebec as follows: “ Compared to Quebec, the first time I arrived in Montreal, I immediately felt at ease. Because I am a mixture of different cultures. I’m an immigrant, it’s part of my fabric and my identity. I’m not ashamed of it. For me, this mixture of all these places doesn’t mean that I come from nowhere, it means that I come from several places. When I arrived in Montreal and saw this francophone side that is in me and that of North America, with a way of communicating that is different from France, I found that reassuring. I found myself totally at ease right away. I do not know why. »

Mika: I love you Beirut will be presented this Friday at 10:35 p.m. on TVA. Mika will perform there his greatest hits and present his musical favorites. This is not to be missed!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I've missed this long ( 18min ) interview ! :doh:

BTMTV

"I Love Beirut": Mika s'engage pour le Liban en organisant un grand concert caritatif

On 9/20/2020 at 2:38 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

• Like 2

:canada:

TVA

REPLAY

https://videos.tva.ca/details/_6201937236001

Épisode du 16 octobre 2020

MIKA : Je t'aime Beyrouth

( 1h 23min )

En soutien à la communauté libanaise du Québec, TVA diffuse en exclusivité canadienne, ce concert virtuel animé par Mika. Au cours de cette soirée exceptionnelle, intime et poignante, tournée en partie en Toscane, Mika interprète ses plus grands succès et présente ses coups de cœur musicaux. De nombreux artistes ont accepté de soutenir la cause en se joignant à lui dont : Kylie Minogue, Louane et Rufus Wainwright.

yL5DaakI?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

TVA Nouvelles

tvanouvelles.ca

Publié le 9 octobre 2020 à 14:43

Le spectacle «Mika: Je t’aime Beyrouth» présenté à TVA

TVA diffusera en exclusivité canadienne le spectacle «Mika: Je t’aime Beyrouth», que le populaire chanteur avait organisé en septembre pour venir en aide aux victimes des récentes explosions au Liban.

• À lire aussi: Le concert pour le Liban de Mika génère 1 M$

• À lire aussi: Les profs de «Star Académie» sont prêts pour l’aventure

• À lire aussi: Mika, nouveau directeur artistique de «Star Académie»

C’était le 4 août dernier: deux puissantes explosions dans le port de Beyrouth ont détruit une grande partie de la capitale du Liban et fait plus de 200 morts, fait 6000 blessés et laissé 300 000 personnes à la rue.

Natif de Beyrouth, Mika avait alors réagi à la tragédie en mettant sur pied le concert caritatif virtuel «Je t’aime Beyrouth», enregistré en Toscane, pour amasser des fonds au profit de la reconstruction de Beyrouth.

Le coloré auteur-compositeur-interprète et futur directeur artistique à «Star Académie» y revisitait ses grands succès et ses coups de cœur musicaux, entouré de nombreux artistes qui ont accepté de se joindre à lui, comme Kylie Minogue, Louane et Rufus Wainwright.

L’ensemble des bénéfices et des dons récoltés lors de la soirée étaient destinés à la Croix Rouge libanaise et à l’association Save The Children Liban. À ce jour, l’événement a permis de cumuler plus d’un million d’euros.

C’est donc en guise de support aux Libanais du Québec, qui ont vu des membres de leur famille et de leurs amis figurer parmi les victimes, que TVA présentera «Mika: Je t’aime Beyrouth», le vendredi 16 octobre, à 22 h 35.

En relayant le concert, TVA participe également à l’effort de campagne humanitaire, puisque l’entièreté de la licence de diffusion est octroyée à parts égales aux deux organismes cités plus haut.

«Pour rendre hommage à la communauté libanaise du Québec et pour leur témoigner de notre sympathie, TVA tenait à présenter ce bel élan de solidarité auquel de nombreux artistes internationaux participent, dont la vedette Mika et Rufus Wainwright, qui a grandi à Montréal. Un spectacle rempli de créativité, d'émotion et de générosité, qui touchera tous les Québécois», a souligné Nathalie Fabien, directrice principale chaînes et programmation de Groupe TVA, dans un communiqué.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

TVA Nouvelles

tvanouvelles.ca

Publié le 9 octobre 2020 à 14:43

Le spectacle «Mika: Je t’aime Beyrouth» présenté à TVA

TVA diffusera en exclusivité canadienne le spectacle «Mika: Je t’aime Beyrouth», que le populaire chanteur avait organisé en septembre pour venir en aide aux victimes des récentes explosions au Liban.

• À lire aussi: Le concert pour le Liban de Mika génère 1 M$

• À lire aussi: Les profs de «Star Académie» sont prêts pour l’aventure

• À lire aussi: Mika, nouveau directeur artistique de «Star Académie»

C’était le 4 août dernier: deux puissantes explosions dans le port de Beyrouth ont détruit une grande partie de la capitale du Liban et fait plus de 200 morts, fait 6000 blessés et laissé 300 000 personnes à la rue.

Natif de Beyrouth, Mika avait alors réagi à la tragédie en mettant sur pied le concert caritatif virtuel «Je t’aime Beyrouth», enregistré en Toscane, pour amasser des fonds au profit de la reconstruction de Beyrouth.

Le coloré auteur-compositeur-interprète et futur directeur artistique à «Star Académie» y revisitait ses grands succès et ses coups de cœur musicaux, entouré de nombreux artistes qui ont accepté de se joindre à lui, comme Kylie Minogue, Louane et Rufus Wainwright.

L’ensemble des bénéfices et des dons récoltés lors de la soirée étaient destinés à la Croix Rouge libanaise et à l’association Save The Children Liban. À ce jour, l’événement a permis de cumuler plus d’un million d’euros.

C’est donc en guise de support aux Libanais du Québec, qui ont vu des membres de leur famille et de leurs amis figurer parmi les victimes, que TVA présentera «Mika: Je t’aime Beyrouth», le vendredi 16 octobre, à 22 h 35.

En relayant le concert, TVA participe également à l’effort de campagne humanitaire, puisque l’entièreté de la licence de diffusion est octroyée à parts égales aux deux organismes cités plus haut.

«Pour rendre hommage à la communauté libanaise du Québec et pour leur témoigner de notre sympathie, TVA tenait à présenter ce bel élan de solidarité auquel de nombreux artistes internationaux participent, dont la vedette Mika et Rufus Wainwright, qui a grandi à Montréal. Un spectacle rempli de créativité, d'émotion et de générosité, qui touchera tous les Québécois», a souligné Nathalie Fabien, directrice principale chaînes et programmation de Groupe TVA, dans un communiqué.

At 0:48 the journalist sais that Mika collected 2 millions EUR. So I don't know if it's an error or with all the licences from other TVs it makes 2 millions??????

17 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

At 0:48 the journalist sais that Mika collected 2 millions EUR. So I don't know if it's an error or with all the licences from other TVs it makes 2 millions??????

:dunno_grin:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A newspaper from the UAE and Middle East

The National News.com

20 of the region’s biggest musical moments in 2020: From a rare appearance by Fairouz to Kiss in Dubai for New Year’s Eve
Saeed Saeed

What can we say about a year that caused once-in-a-lifetime damage to all aspects of the music industry?

While it was tempting to call 2020 a write-off as early as March, Arab artists and those with links to the region managed to make the most of the situation by creating works underscoring our times.

From innovative songs to heart-warming viral videos and pioneering online music festivals, here are 20 standout musical moments of the year.

16. Mika's ode to Lebanon is unforgettable

Mika has often spoken about his affection for Beirut, but he has never expressed it so clearly as in this entertaining and affecting online concert dedicated to his native Lebanon.

Blending performance with documentary-style images of Beirut's extensive destruction in the wake of the port explosion, as well as interviews with survivors, September’s I Love Beirut concert remains a stirring tribute to a resilient city picking itself up from the wreckage.

“My irrepressible Beirut. Your flame has never been extinguished, it flickers on,” Mika said in the concert opening. “You witnessed my birth under the falling bombs in 1983 but I have never forgotten that I was also born of your grandeur. My beautiful Beirut, you are not alone.”

PRESSREADER https://pressreader.com/article/281483573991661

page 20, 21

page20.thumb.jpg.51dff69b5953ca8005d3d39f4e8f68ba.jpgpage21.thumb.jpg.a023a086db2a99d6dd6017c3c2f513e2.jpg

• Like 5

Mika posted on Instagram 01/01/2020

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJgiHbeF3ZV/

A little New Year’s Day treat from @dannapaola and I. Our interpretation of the @realroxette classic. We know how much you guys enjoyed this performance from the I ❤️ Beirut concert and so we decided to release it today along with a live version of my duet with Danna #memyself. Both performances are available to watch on YouTube and you can stream them on all platforms as of now! Xx

Here are full versions from YouTube.

Here is the version from Instagram (with captions on the screen)

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Just realized that this is actually not common (maybe in this fandom it is 🤣). I grew up like this as well. 

You are right, Michelle.

For me as well it' s pretty normal to use Polish, French and English (maybe not in one sentence). But actually it started when I was about 30y-o (for 3 languages - English was my first foreign language at school, and Russian :lol:).

It seems to me like it was always like this :lol:

So I am learning Italian to increase my collection of languages. Blame it on Mika, please :das:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

You are right, Michelle.

For me as well it' s pretty normal to use Polish, French and English (maybe not in one sentence). But actually it started when I was about 30y-o (for 3 languages - English was my first foreign language at school, and Russian :lol:).

So I am learning Italian to increase my collection of languages. Blame it on Mika, please :das:

Same! I am learning Italian. Because, why not? ☺️ Education opens doors, but language opens hearts. Just my opinion though 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/13/2021 at 2:16 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Same! I am learning Italian. Because, why not? ☺️ Education opens doors, but language opens hearts. Just my opinion though 😆

Michelle do you speak French ?

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 1:22 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

You are right, Michelle.

Anna who will soon know more languages than Mika! Yes, she will!Clapping Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2
  • Haha 1