Bella d'estate - a duo Mika and Michele Bravi - released 28/08/2020

On 8/27/2020 at 5:57 PM, mellody said:

A new candidate for the list of my least fave Mika songs. Not too fond of the original song either, the 80s vibe of that was ok, but they totally destroyed that with this electronic sound. Ah well, I can't like them all, right? :bleh:

Same here, I don’t hate it, but I like a lot better the new French one. 🤷🏻‍♀️

7 hours ago, krysady said:

The thing is that I can't figure out what he is exploring here.... he said so many times that he doesn't like to do collaborations with other artists and considering his huge experience I suppose that he is aware when his voice is not compatible with someone else's :aah:... the only purpose of this experiment seems to be the commercial one, probably will be promoted at XF and the Italian radio stations will play it as well, but again this is just me :blush-anim-cl: 

It was my first thought as well, commercial reasons. Both songs sound like the stuff that's on the radio these days, that's why mostly I don't listen to the radio. He said he doesn't like collaborations, he said he isn't good at doing covers and that he can't write songs with a huge team of writers and producers, and at least for the French song, there's quite a long list of writers. Still, I'm not sure if it's purely for commercial reasons. He also said he's constantly challenging himself, trying out new things, doing things he's scared of, to stay the "enfant terrible". :naughty: Also, remember the "may your head always bloom" message by his Mum? He needs to stay creative, it's part of his life. And the options these days are limited, for example he can't go to Beirut to write / record an EP there, as he had said he planned after the tour. So what does he do? Stay creative the way he can.

Many complained when he said in that Italian interview that he writes 50-60 songs for each album, why we don't get to hear those. :teehee: I'm sure not all of these are worth hearing them, but nevertheless I'm happy to hear from him, that he's so active now and not disappearing for months or even until after the Corona crisis. I doubt we'll get over the winter without another lockdown, and I love it that Mika is there with us in some way. Personally, as a fan, I wouldn't mind him doing IG lives and cooking shows every week to stay in touch with us, but I suppose in the long run that's not what makes him happy.

Well, this is a cover, and the other one he has already written before the lockdown, so maybe it's indeed just commercial reasons. :teehee: I'd love to know the truth, but I suppose we'll never know. :dunno:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, mellody said:

Well, this is a cover, and the other one he has already written before the lockdown, so maybe it's indeed just commercial reasons. :teehee: I'd love to know the truth, but I suppose we'll never know. :dunno:

Maybe one day he'll tell us, you never know what to expect when he's giving an interview :naughty:

• Like 2

Michele Bravi INSTAGRAM stories

https://www.instagram.com/stories/michelebravi/2386590723500775783/

EgnqC2VU4AACM-H?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.instagram.com/stories/michelebravi/2386590764353222290/

EgnqUTbVgAA2EN6?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.instagram.com/stories/michelebravi/2386590806984206849/

Egnq1AYUwAIfyyl?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.instagram.com/stories/michelebravi/2386591075453281552/

EgnrZEJU4AAnULa?format=jpg&name=large

michelebraviのプロフィール写真
:italia:

“Bella d’Estate” Mika (with Michele Bravi)
Disponibile su tutte le piattaforme digitali.
Presenteremo la canzone per la prima volta dal vivo ai @seatmusicawardsofficial il 5 settembre (in diretta su Rai 1).

:uk:

"Bella d’Estate" Mika (with Michele Bravi)
Available on all digital platforms.
We will present the song live for the first time at @seatmusicawardsofficial on September 5th (live on Rai 1).

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Anna-is-golden said:

I can’t wait to see the video (if there will be a video)...mika is so charming in these photos

Is there a video for this song? As far as I know there's one for " Le Coeur Holiday" and I understood another for the song with Danna,  or am I wrong?  Then if there's a video for the italian song it means he's making three videos?? :shocked:  

35 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Is there a video for this song? As far as I know there's one for " Le Coeur Holiday" and I understood another for the song with Danna,  or am I wrong?  Then if there's a video for the italian song it means he's making three videos?? :shocked:  

I hope there is a video ..... 

Because if they only did a photoshoot to choose the worst one for the cover.....it's quite a shame :naughty:

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, carafon said:

Because if they only did a photoshoot to choose the worst one for the cover.....it's quite a shame :naughty:

Totally agree!  :naughty:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, carafon said:

I know right??? They are both handsome, I can’t believe they picked the most unflattering one of all 🙈

And did you notice the bad photoshop with Mika‘s arm? I just can’t 🙈🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I know right??? They are both handsome, I can’t believe they picked the most unflattering one of all 🙈

And did you notice the bad photoshop with Mika‘s arm? I just can’t 🙈🙈

I don't get it either, they choose such a bad picture and then they also cut and change Mika's arm and body like that (why? to look even slimmer with no shoulders? :teehee:), why didn't they just use this pic for example? 

image.thumb.png.8c08de826021f7b8782d216830af11cb.png

I don't love it but it looks still better than the weird one on the cover imo.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I don't get it either, they choose such a bad picture and then they also cut and change Mika's arm and body like that (why? to look even slimmer with no shoulders? :teehee:), why didn't they just use this pic for example? 

image.thumb.png.8c08de826021f7b8782d216830af11cb.png

I don't love it but it looks still better than the weird one on the cover imo.

Yes. This looks a way better than the other.  Also this one 

118427986_308578013704710_3520128441691690021_n.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mikasister said:

There was this little videoclip on Spotify, that's why I thought there would be one. But well, maybe it was just a video of the photoshoot and there won't be a MV. Shame, this clip looked promising... :teehee: This one:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, mellody said:

There was this little videoclip on Spotify, that's why I thought there would be one. But well, maybe it was just a video of the photoshoot and there won't be a MV. Shame, this clip looked promising... :teehee: This one:

I thought the same. I am still hoping they will do a video. It looks really good.

• Like 2

There is something in this song. While seeming a summer hit on the surface, it has somewhat of a melancholic sound. I find it to be perfect for late August. It has this end-of-summer feel to it. Kind of the last devil-may-care dance with someone you met during a seaside holiday. The lyrics also suggest something like this, but it's mostly the sound.

Edited by Ally Kate
  • Like 2