Bella d'estate - a duo Mika and Michele Bravi - released 28/08/2020

Okay so now that I've listened to it more than once I have to admit I begin to like it. I know the original song and I didn't like that one very much. But I have to say that I like what Mika did with this cover version. I also don't mind the electric sound. :wink2: So I guess with the time passing I will like it even more. :biggrin2:

• Like 2

On 8/27/2020 at 2:44 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Translation from Italian:

My new Italian single comes out at midnight! Great inspirations are born from the love for beautiful music! I recorded a cover of the fantastic song Bella d’Estate that Mango wrote with Lucio Dalla in the 1980s. With me in this new version there is @michelebravi: we had fun in a duet that will surprise you! Production by @thekatoo

I dont like the pic at all, it doesnt flatter him. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mellody said:

A new candidate for the list of my least fave Mika songs. Not too fond of the original song either, the 80s vibe of that was ok, but they totally destroyed that with this electronic sound. Ah well, I can't like them all, right? :bleh:

Same for me

I've got nothing specific against the song itself , but I don't like the sound with too much reverb

Maybe it will be better "live " ?

As for the duet ,I don't feel that the voices are good combination ,I prefer the real difference between Mika and Soprano's voices and the duets with Jack Savoretti are the best combination imo

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I guess I'm in the minority but I like this song better than the French one. It sounds more interesting to me and quite catchy. 

I like this one better, as well! Maybe there's a little too much in the production for my own taste, I would have preferred if it was "simpler", but I really enjoy their voices together and I also find it very catchy. The chorus is stuck in my head since last night! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sara09 said:

I like this one better, as well! Maybe there's a little too much in the production for my own taste, I would have preferred if it was "simpler", but I really enjoy their voices together and I also find it very catchy. The chorus is stuck in my head since last night! 

Indeed, since the first time I've heard the whole song, I had the chorus stuck in my head! When I've heard the snippet yesterday, I also found it very overproduced but I got used to it now.

On the other hand, I can't even remember the chorus of the other song after multiple listenings...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

On the other hand, I can't even remember the chorus of the other song after multiple listenings...

Same! I was very excited after reading so many great comments yesterday, but when I listened to it, I just can't feel the same energy

• Like 2

This version is soo awesome. It's running on loop the whole time. I love it 😍❤️

Edit: I cannot say the same about the French song. Because it did not appeal to me at all. Maybe I just have to give the song more tries until I like it sometime, but when I hear it, I don't get that energy I usually feel when I listen to MIKA. As a cover I think it's actually really good and I really like it. 
The other song could be a pop song like any other song and that somehow doesn't distinguish MIKA's music style. I don't know what you think about it.

Edited by EzPz_german_squeezy
added text
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I guess I'm in the minority but I like this song better than the French one. It sounds more interesting to me and quite catchy. 

After listening to both songs all day yesterday I can tell you I feel the same about it. :biggrin2: but I really like them both very much!

I was totally happy to get new Mika songs and it doesn't matter to me at all that they're duets and a cover version. :wink2:

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

I was totally happy to get new Mika songs and it doesn't matter to me at all that they're duets and a cover version. :wink2:

Not sure if it's important to get new songs, no matter how those songs are... there's singers who release songs every week, songs made from different composers that have nothing to do with their artistic identity...I know I prefer to wait more and get genuine good quality music, but this is just my opinion of course :blush-anim-cl: 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, krysady said:

Not sure if it's important to get new songs, no matter how those songs are... there's singers who release songs every week, songs made from different composers that have nothing to do with their artistic identity...I know I prefer to wait more and get genuine good quality music, but this is just my opinion of course :blush-anim-cl: 

I understand what you mean and a big part of me also agrees with you. But that’s why we are all Mika fans and love his specific sound 😊 However, I do think that him being a musician and just a lover or music in general, makes him curious and want to explore different styles all the time, I’m sure. 

I just draw this comparison: I love drawing, portraits are my absolute passion, but I also like to explore cartoon style and illustrating and even abstract. I may suck at those things, but I like the variety and it broadens my horizons in other ways that are not directly visible in my drawings. I think Mika being able to do these things is him broadening his horizon that will definitely pay off in his own niche and music 😊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, krysady said:

I agree, quality over quantity for sure! 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

However, I do think that him being a musician and just a lover or music in general, makes him curious and want to explore different styles all the time

The thing is that I can't figure out what he is exploring here.... he said so many times that he doesn't like to do collaborations with other artists and considering his huge experience I suppose that he is aware when his voice is not compatible with someone else's :aah:... the only purpose of this experiment seems to be the commercial one, probably will be promoted at XF and the Italian radio stations will play it as well, but again this is just me :blush-anim-cl: 

• Like 4

Well both songs grew on me especially thanks to the videos :wub2:

If I concentrate on Mika's voice only I like them a lot better. ..like nice summer songs but nothing like My Name is Michael Holbrook songs as far as taking me away..

But collabs are good so Mika gets more radio TV and media coverage. If those songs reach a wider audience it is a smart move. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krysady said:

The thing is that I can't figure out what he is exploring here.... he said so many times that he doesn't like to do collaborations with other artists and considering his huge experience I suppose that he is aware when his voice is not compatible with someone else's :aah:... the only purpose of this experiment seems to be the commercial one, probably will be promoted at XF and the Italian radio stations will play it as well, but again this is just me :blush-anim-cl: 

You have a good point. I haven’t been a fan that long so I see everything with pink glasses still 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I haven’t been a fan that long so I see everything with pink glasses still 😆

It's clear that we are all biased more or less when it comes to our favorite artist, don't worry :wink2:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krysady said:

It's clear that we are all biased more or less when it comes to our favorite artist, don't worry :wink2:

Tell me about it... 

Me on Thursday: being disappointed that one of the new songs is just a cover

Also me: waiting till midnight to hear it and listening to it multiple times over the next few days... :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Also me: waiting till midnight to hear it and listening to it multiple times over the next few days... :mf_rosetinted:

I did this too 😁

I like both new songs but with mixed feelings, I have a greater preference for Le Coeur Holiday because I find it more catchy and I understand French better than Italian. Bella d'estate is good but it still might take a while to grow on me. 

I'm not too disappointed it's a cover because hey it's MIKA! He could go away and record a wacky comedy theme song from the 60's and I'd still download and listen to it! 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, krysady said:

You're right of course!  I didn't mean that I don't care about the quality. And I meant that a duet won't make a bad Mika song. :wink2:

To me both songs are good and I like them. And even more I'm happy we got new stuff. :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 3