Mika in Italian press 2021

mellody

10 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Symphonic world tour! From Tokyo to Berlin! (Will he come back to Germany or is it just a figurative of speech??? 😉) New album!!!

And maybe more TV 😉

And the sound track for a movie :wink2:

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, krysady said:

And the sound track for a movie :wink2:

There is so much going on I almost forgot about that!

It must be the movie about the camel, or at least the IG story he did a few months ago with a moviescript in his hand. 
So if they don’t cut out the camel, that’s the only sure thing we know :lol:

Will he do it together with Simon LeClerc? It wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Symphonic world tour! From Tokyo to Berlin! (Will he come back to Germany or is it just a figurative of speech??? 😉) New album!!!

And maybe more TV 😉

But he says it *would* be fantastic, so I'm not sure how realistic that is or if it's just something he dreams of doing. And besides, I agree with you, it's hard to believe he actually said Berlin, lol! :naughty: Must be a typo. :mf_rosetinted: But in case not, y'know Mika, in Munich a new classical venue has just opened, the Isarphilharmonie... and Munich is pretty easy to reach from both Italy and France. *justsaying* :wink2: :teehee:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

But he says it *would* be fantastic, so I'm not sure how realistic that is or if it's just something he dreams of doing.

Exactly my thoughts, he said a few years ago the same, that he wants to do symphonic concerts in Tokyo and other places, but didn't happen. And with this pandemic, it would be extremely difficult to do a world symphonic tour, I don't have high expectations...

But with some help and support from his friends and management, maybe he will get more opportunities like the ones from Philharmonie Paris, I see all the reviews are great :wub2:

• Like 2

On 10/24/2021 at 3:07 AM, mellody said:

Now that the Italians are back from Paris, any chance of getting to read the complete Repubblica article? :puppy_eyes: (or at least get a summary, if it's not that interesting)

30 minutes ago, mellody said:

What's Mika saying? And what's Emma's question to him? I only understand that he's her fave judge, she says that twice in this video. :teehee:

Ludovico asked them what they would have liked to do in life, if they wouldn't have been musicians, Mika said "a cook".

Then Mika asked Ludovico who was the first person to whom he told he will be the presenter of XF, and the answer was his mother.

Ludovico asked them to give an example of a choice of the other 3 judges that they couldn't understand, Mika said "fettuccine" :lmfao:

Emma asked Mika to impersonate one of the other judges, not sure what he did there... probably he tried to impersonate Emma.

• Thanks 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVihltds0jj/

nimabenati

MIKA DEFINITELY THINKING OUT OF THE BOX for @vanityfairitalia 📸
@mikainstagram ❤️🔥

Editor in chief @marchettisimone
Fashion editor @gaiafraschini
Producer @marinamoretti64
grooming Geraldine Fougerat

248468959_120148173759718_5585170917913214119_n.jpg

248703577_700329827596573_2186781732548395768_n (1).jpg

248920875_553868595712674_2833325753180176638_n.jpg

249305101_311434830416147_7480281208364743290_n.jpg

248641404_1991172074378505_4596367164051172755_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lormare73 said:

I can only share some screenshots that a friend sent to me. In these days I don't have a lot of free time, so I can't translate it. If no one can do it soon, I will do a little summary in the next days. 

Screenshot_20211022-152811_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20211022-152820_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20211022-152833_Twitter.jpg

Thanks a lot! I'm sure someone can catch it with a screenreader and put it through Google translate. I just read it, looks like he already talked about the soundtrack and his album there, and not just in the Corriere interview. If I understand it right, he says the lyrics on his album will be very direct, and it turns out very pop and very melodic. :wub2:

And it seems the interview was done when he had the cold? From what I understand, he says that in one question, about feeling free, that he talks a lot of nonsense because he has a cold and can't think properly. :teehee:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Corriere Della Sera

https://www.corriere.it/spettacoli/21_ottobre_26/anche-pop-poesia-7e4ab482-3681-11ec-9169-9535c00f6f72.shtml

:uk: Google translator

Mika: "Even pop is poetry: I rethink the songs in a symphonic key"

The singer: «I want to hear the words of the lyrics well. The concert will be in homage to my mother, who is no longer there. And now I write the soundtrack of a film "

PARIS To keep up with the rhythm of Boum Boum Boum, an onomatopoeic title about a love that disturbs the neighbors, there are the strings, in the other hits such as Relax, Grace Kelly or Love Today are added winds and percussion, never bass, drums or electronic instruments. Yet at the Philarmonie de Paris the public cannot sit in an armchair, during the more than two hours of "Mika symphonique", the concert with classical orchestra and choir of the 38-year-old artist who tomorrow evening finds the role of judge at X Factor again.

Why re-invent the classic version of the pieces?

"The idea is to bring out the poetry of words, which is sometimes lost in pop because we think above all of rhythm and making people dance. I like to show all the different possible identities of a song, and at each symphony concert we offer a different arrangement of them. It is a project in continuous evolution, without thinking about fashions ».

How do you choose the songs?

"The whole concert is a tale, a story, I choose the songs that can give me and the audience the most intense emotion, avoiding the musical. I don't even like the crossover expression, which usually means leaving the song as it is by adding only a soft carpet of strings ... The pieces need to be completely rethought "

How did the idea come about?

“A few years ago I went on a tour in the United States and some dates also in Canada, in Montreal my journalist friend Olivia Lévy came to see me. At one point in the concert we were left at the piano, with a clarinet and an accordeon, and Olivia finally told me: you have to do a concert like this, with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra. I replied ok, if they want why not? She was the engine of everything.

My friend Marc-Olivier Fogiel insisted on the Paris Philarmonie. Now we are talking about a world tour, from Berlin to Tokyo. Moving the whole orchestra, a logistical nightmare. But it would be fantastic »

Is Mika symphonic a way of reconciling different souls?

“It's a way to broaden my spectrum, at 38 I try to move forward. On Saturdays I sing with the orchestra, on Thursdays I can be on TV, on Sundays I can sleep in the desert to capture the sound of the wind and on Mondays I can go into the recording studio to sample it. I am writing a new album and then I will have to dedicate myself for the first time to the soundtrack of a film. Eighty-two minutes of symphonic music, a great challenge for someone like me who can't read music ».

How did he go to the Royal College of Music without knowing how to read on the staff?

«I was pretending. I was trying to move on at the right time. They discovered me, but I appealed to a law commissioned by Prime Minister Tony Blair against discrimination against dyslexic people ... In the end I left, choosing pop ».

Bullying, dyslexia. How did he manage to transform the difficulties into a feeling of love and communion with the audience, like the one that felt so strong on Saturday night at the Philarmonie?

"Thanks to my mother Joannie, who is no longer here. The concert is a tribute to her. She taught me to take difficulties and do something about them, together with my brothers and sisters. Music helps to create a kind of magic, it is a bit like the spirit of the Company of the Swan, the TV series by Ivan Cotroneo with whom I enjoyed collaborating "

What can you tell us about your "X Factor" team?

«X Factor lives because it's not karaoke, the kids have something to tell. Like Westfalia, a jazz-influenced band, on TV ... And then Fellow, unique and powerful voice, and Nika Paris, 16 who comes from Bulgaria on purpose and sings in French. They are big. We may not be the most aggressive team from a competition point of view, but who cares. We can give enormous emotion "

October 26, 2021 (change October 26, 2021 | 20:19)

FCsTrUyXoAQFa1s.thumb.jpg.65664acdd3edf074e0960703679659fb.jpg

Last night I got the pdf file. :glasses3:

Corriere Della Sera

https://www.corriere.it/spettacoli/21_ottobre_26/anche-pop-poesia-7e4ab482-3681-11ec-9169-9535c00f6f72.shtml

☛ PDF file : Page 42 ( 1 page / 349 KB ) 2021.10.27_CorrieredellaSera_p.42.pdf

JPG ( 2002 x 2935 )

2021_10.27_CorrieredellaSera_p_42.thumb.jpg.70f35fb508b16132d4fbf037787b7b71.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I try to summarize the most important things of the Repubblica article. I will translate completely some of the answers when they are particularly interesting. As always, sorry for my mistakes in advance.

He defines himself as millennial, not boomer. It's embarassing to be a millennial because they grew up thinking that the world should gift everything. But that is not how it went.

When did he feel free for the first time? Never. It can happens sometimes and when it happens he feels pure euphoria.

He is working on 4 projects and his schedule is full until 2023, including an important soundtrack. Contrary to MNIMH, he is working with only one person in an intimate way. Direct lyrics that burns without any euphemism. Speak about love, missed love, sex, sadness. Extremely pop and melodic.

He is at ease in front of the tv camera because he knows that he is, first of all, an artist, an author, a composer, a performer. This allows him to be more fragile, to not think if people spit at him or not for what he is saying. The proof is that, even if he has done a lot of tv in these years, he hasn't ever done the "wh*r*" with his music. He doesn't expect that everyone who sees him on tv will buy a ticket for his shows, but if they do, they will see something without compromises.

For a few summers now he is part of a hidden online world, the Wild Swimmers. They go around Europe looking for extreme places where to swim. They exchange info about water quality, dangers, gps position.

He dreams to stage The wizard of Oz with a symphonic orchestra. Dorothy would be 96 y.o. The wizard is the doctor, the witches are the nurses and in the end everybody rebel because they don't want to take the nedicins anymore. Music would be melodic to make everyone think that all is good and then... bam! We talk about reality.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

For a few summers now he is part of a hidden online world, the Wild Swimmers. They go around Europe looking for extreme places where to swim. They exchange info about water quality, dangers, gps position.

Now it’s not so hidden anymore 🤣 the entire fandom knows now! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, lormare73 said:

He dreams to stage The wizard of Oz with a symphonic orchestra. Dorothy would be 96 y.o. The wizard is the doctor, the witches are the nurses and in the end everybody rebel because they don't want to take the nedicins anymore. Music would be melodic to make everyone think that all is good and then... bam! We talk about reality.

Perfect. At the rate things are going, by the time he's ready to do this, I will be just the right age to play Dorothy! :lmfao:

I can't wait!

• Haha 8

I'm really enthousiast about his projects, the album, the movie soundtrack ! :cloud:

Oh, and even if it would be difficult to effectively make, I would dream of a symphonic tour. Just at the moment I thought I would give everything for going to again... 

I hope it could be possible someday... 

• Like 2

On 10/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, mellody said:

Now that the Italians are back from Paris, any chance of getting to read the complete Repubblica article? :puppy_eyes: (or at least get a summary, if it's not that interesting)

Mika, quello che dice no (e pochi sì)

di Alba Solaro

La Repubblica.it

22 ottobre 2021

L'ultima puntata di X Factor 2021 ha scelto i concorrenti che da giovedì prossimo parteciperanno ai Live. Al giudice più "cattivo" abbiamo chiesto chi sono e cosa vogliono i giovani talenti: "Non vedono più i confini"

"C'è una bella parola in inglese, loaded, che vuol dire essere carico. Ecco, loro sono belli carichi". Loro sono Fellow (20 anni), Nika Paris (16) e i Westfalia (27-32), in una parola la squadra di Mika, annunciata nella puntata di ieri sera di X Factor edizione 2021; quella senza categorie, senza divisioni tradizionali, l'edizione dell'inclusività e del valore artistico.

E dei fazzoletti di carta che Mika consuma a raffica perché intanto gli è esploso un raffreddore coi fiocchi. Tra uno starnuto e l'altro, l'artista libanese parla dei suoi magnifici tre, così diversi tra loro. Fellow, torinese, è "emotivamente un libro aperto". I Westfalia decisamente non sono una band alla Måneskin. Ha ragione Mika quando dice che "suonano un tipo di musica, jazz funk, che non è di moda, eppure si ascolta e si suona in tantissimi locali in giro per l'Italia". Il Paese reale che buca il talent show. E nei modi più inaspettati. "Guarda Nika. A soli 16 anni ha lasciato la Bulgaria, si è trasferita a Milano, si presenta in tv in una lingua diversa dalla sua e canta in un'altra lingua ancora (inglese). Sta costruendo la sua identità in un modo che solo vent'anni fa sarebbe stato impensabile".

Com'era invece Mika a 16 anni?

"Per me è stato tutto molto diverso. Fino ai 15 ho lavorato nella musica classica in modo

professionale, cantavo alla Royal Opera House di Londra, mi pagavano, avevo responsabilità da adulto. A 16 anni però ero già fuori. Un cambiamento brutale. Ho dovuto rapidamente cercare una cosa che mi desse lo stesso senso di potere che provavo sul palco. L'ho trovato nello scrivere canzoni".

Avete in comune anche il provenire da Paesi culturalmente diversi.

"Sì, ma la generazione di Nika è molto interessante perché non vede i confini... Anzi, li vede ma non gli dà lo stesso significato che gli davano i suoi genitori".

Magari hanno un gran bisogno di sbarazzarsene.

"E sono estremamente consapevoli di questo. Arrivano dall'Albania, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Paesi che nessuno ha mai considerato in termini di pop culture, non parliamo poi di geopolitica. Ma è da lì che giungono Dua Lipa, Rita Ora, Ava Max; artiste che stanno occupando il mercato. Vengono etichettate come una forma di "soft politics" ma per me non c'è niente di soft in quello che stanno facendo. Stanno letteralmente alzando una bandiera".

Il suo primo X Factor risale al 2013, sono molto cambiati i giovani artisti?

"Oh sì. Come spiegarlo? Quando abbiamo cominciato c'era un sistema molto rigido. Arrivavi con una base di merda che avevi trovato da qualche parte, i più privilegiati le montavano in studio. Raramente qualcuno riusciva a cantare con una chitarra. C'era quello che io chiamo il flatline: musicalmente parlando, la linea era piatta".

Poi che cos'è successo?

"Che la produzione si è democratizzata come mai. Guarda Billie Eilish: No Time To Die per me è una delle più belle canzoni di Bond di sempre e quel pezzo lo ha fatto nella sua stanza, con suo fratello Finneas. Ci sono ormai programmi con cui puoi fare tutto. Di conseguenza oggi i concorrenti hanno molto più spazio per presentarsi per quello che sono. Nessuno li banalizzerà facendogli fare il karaoke. Perché puoi essere la persona più strana e magica quando canti la tua musica, puoi essere anche Nick Cave; ma se ti chiedo di cantare su una

base un pezzo di Jovanotti, non sarai più Nick Cave, sarai una scena di Prima o poi me lo sposo con Adam Sandler...".

Prima o poi me lo sposo?

"Certo, è un film iconico per i millennial come me! Non sono un boomer, come mi tocca spesso ricordare anche ai concorrenti di X Factor".

La imbarazza passare per boomer?

"È molto più imbarazzante essere un millennial".

Perché mai?

"Perché siamo scemi. Siamo cresciuti con l'idea che il mondo doveva regalarci tutto. Ma non è andata cosi".

Vi siete presi però una parola d'ordine della generazione precedente: Come As You Are, che è il titolo di un pezzo dei Nirvana. Quando si è sentito per la prima volta libero?

"Mai".

Addirittura.

"Può succedere, a volte, e quando succede provo un senso di pura euforia. Faccio questo lavoro perché cerco quella sensazione. È una sirena fortissima. Lei lo sa, vero, che sta parlando con una persona molto raffreddata e poco lucida che sta sparando un sacco di schiocchezze?".

A proposito di stereotipi da abbattere, che cosa pensa di chi vorrebbe abolire la differenza tra miglior attore/migliore attrice a premi come gli Oscar?

"Uff. Uhm. Mi sembra complicato. Eliminare certe categorie vuol dire aprirne di nuove. Ma

allora come riorganizziamo tutta la catena del decision making a ritroso? La scrittura, il casting, la produzione? L'Oscar è un meccanismo di promozione e marketing che smuove miliardi di dollari, non è un gioco. Eppure questa potrebbe essere una cosa molto utile e tosta da fare".

Si spieghi meglio.

"Ricorderò per sempre un giorno di 17 anni fa, all'ultimo piano di un palazzo a New York, negli uffici Sony. Ero lì per l'ultima di quattro audizioni, e sento questo tipo della Sony che rivolto a un altro, non a me, gli dice: "Guarda, no, è tutto un po' troppo gay per me"".

Oggi lo avrebbero licenziato.

"Lo spero. Il mondo sta cambiando, è vero, ma quella cultura non è sparita. Ma se non ci fossero le categorie di genere ai Grammys, diventerebbe inutile anche un commento come quello che 17 anni fa mi ha spezzato il cuore".

Torniamo al presente. Sta lavorando a un nuovo album?

"Sto lavorando ad almeno quattro progetti, l'agenda è bloccata fino al 2023. Ci sarà una colonna sonora importante. E c'è il nuovo album, sì. A differenza di My Name is Michael Holbrook sto lavorando con una sola persona, in modo molto intimo. I testi sono diretti, bruciano, niente eufemismi. Parlo dell'amore, dell'amore mancato, del sesso, della tristezza. E non so perché ma sta uscendo estremamente pop e melodico".

Ha mai pensato che il Mika televisivo possa rubare spazio al Mika musicista?

"Se sono a mio agio davanti alla telecamera, è proprio perché mi guida il sapere che sono prima di tutto un artista, un autore, un compositore, un performer. Questo mi permette anche di essere più fragile, di non pensare se mi sputeranno addosso o no per quello che sto dicendo. La prova è che, anche facendo molta tv in questi anni, non ho mai fatto la puttana con la mia musica. Non mi aspetto che tutti quelli che mi vedono in tv comprino un biglietto per il mio concerto. Ma se lo fanno, vedranno una cosa senza compromessi".

Se le offrissero di dirigere un'opera, quale sceglierebbe?

"Da qualche estate faccio parte di questo mondo online un po' nascosto dei wild swimmers, nuotatori selvatici. Si va in giro per l'Europa a cercare luoghi estremi dove nuotare, ci si passa informazioni sulla qualità dell'acqua, sui pericoli, la posizione gps. Durante un'escursione, ho visto questa vecchia cava di pietra trasformata in un lago, e ho pensato che sarebbe bellissimo ambientare lì i Racconti di Hoffmann di Offenbach, immaginando che le storie escano dalle rocce, dall'acqua. E un'altra cosa che sogno da tanto è mettere in scena Il Mago di Oz con un'intera orchestra sinfonica, però ambientato in una casa di riposo per anziani. Dorothy avrebbe 96 anni, gli altri personaggi avrebbero chi la demenza, chi l'artrosi; il mago è il dottore che decide tutto, le streghe sono le infermiere, e alla fine tutti si ribellano perché non vogliono più prendere le medicine. La musica sarebbe melodiosa per far pensare che tutto è bello, tutto è perfetto e poi... bam! Parliamo della realtà".

:uk: (Google Translation)

The latest episode of X Factor 2021 has chosen the competitors who will participate in Live from next Thursday. We asked the "baddest" judge who young talents are and what they want: "They no longer see borders"

"There is a nice word in English, loaded, which means to be loaded. Here, they are beautiful loaded." They are Fellows (20 years old), Nika Paris (16) and Westfalia (27-32), in a word Mika's team, announced in last night's episode of X Factor 2021 edition; the one without categories, without traditional divisions, the edition of inclusiveness and artistic value.

And some paper handkerchiefs that Mika consumes in bursts because in the meantime he has a bad cold. Between one sneeze and another, the Lebanese artist talks about the magnificent three of him, so different from each other. Fellow, from Turin, is "emotionally an open book". Westfalia is definitely not a Måneskin band. You are right Mika when you say that "they play a type of music, jazz funk, which is not in fashion, yet it is heard and played in many clubs around Italy". The real country that pits the talent show. And in the most unexpected ways. "Look at Nika. At the age of 16 she left Bulgaria, moved to Milan, shows up on TV in a language other than hers and sings in yet another language (English). She is building her identity in a way that only twenty years ago it would have been unthinkable ".

What was Mika like at 16?

"For me it was all very different. Until I was 15 I worked in classical music professionally, I sang at the Royal Opera House in London, they paid me, I had adult responsibilities. At 16, however, I was already out. A brutal change. I have I had to quickly look for something that gave me the same sense of power I felt on stage. I found it in songwriting. "

You also have in common that you come from culturally different countries.

"Yes, but Nika's generation is very interesting because she doesn't see the borders ... On the contrary, he sees them but doesn't give them the same meaning that his parents gave him".

Maybe they badly need to get rid of it.

"And they are extremely aware of this. They come from Albania, Bulgaria, Kosovo, countries that no one has ever considered in terms of pop culture, let's not talk about geopolitics. But that's where Dua Lipa, Rita Ora, Ava Max come from; artists who are occupying the market. They are being labeled a form of "soft politics" but to me there is nothing soft about what they are doing. They are literally raising a flag. "

Your first X Factor dates back to 2013, have young artists changed a lot?

"Oh yeah. How to explain it? When we started there was a very rigid system. You came with a s**t base that you had found somewhere, the most privileged mounted them in the studio. Seldom could anyone sing with a guitar. it was what I call the flatline: musically speaking, the line was flat. "

What happened then?

"That the production has democratized like never before. Look at Billie Eilish: No Time To Die for me is one of the best Bond songs ever and that song he did in his room, with his brother Finneas. There are now programs with you can do it all. Consequently today competitors have a lot more room to present themselves for who they are. Nobody will trivialize them by making them do karaoke. Because you can be the weirdest and most magical person when you sing your music, you can also be Nick Cave; but if I ask you to sing a piece by Jovanotti on a base, you will no longer be Nick Cave, you will be a scene from The Wedding Singer with Adam Sandler ... ".

The Wedding Singer?

"Of course, it's an iconic film for millennials like me! I'm not a boomer, as I often have to remind even X Factor competitors."

Are you embarrassed to pass for a boomer?

"It's much more embarrassing to be a millennial."

Why never?

"Because we are stupid. We grew up with the idea that the world had to give us everything. But it didn't happen like that."

However, you have taken a password from the previous generation: Come As You Are, which is the title of a song by Nirvana. When did you first feel free?

"Never".

Really.

"It can happen, sometimes, and when it happens I feel a sense of pure euphoria. I do this job because I am looking for that feeling. She is a very loud siren. You know, right, that you are talking to a person who has a big cold and is not very clear-thinking, who is shooting a lot of nonsense? ".

Speaking of stereotypes to break down, what do you think of those who would like to abolish the difference between best actor / best actress at awards like the Oscars?

"Uh. Uhm. It seems complicated. Eliminating certain categories means opening new ones. But then how do we reorganize the whole chain of decision making backwards? Writing, casting, production? The Oscar is a mechanism of promotion and marketing. that moves billions of dollars, it's not a game. Yet this could be a very useful and tough thing to do. "

Explain yourself better.

"I will always remember a day 17 years ago, on the top floor of a building in New York, in the Sony offices. I was there for the last of four auditions, and I hear this Sony guy addressing another, not a me, he tells him: "Look, no, it's all a bit too gay for me" ".

Today they would have fired him.

"I hope so. The world is changing, it is true, but that culture has not disappeared. But if there were no gender categories at the Grammys, even a comment like the one that broke my heart 17 years ago would become useless."

Let's go back to the present. Are you working on a new album?

"I am working on at least four projects, the agenda is blocked until 2023. There will be an important soundtrack. And there is the new album, yes. Unlike My Name is Michael Holbrook I am working with only one person, in very intimate way. The lyrics are direct, they burn, no euphemisms. I speak of love, of missed love, of sex, of sadness. And I don't know why but it's coming out extremely pop and melodic. "

Have you ever thought that the television Mika could steal space from the musician Mika?

"If I am at ease in front of the camera, it is precisely because I am guided by the knowledge that I am first of all an artist, an author, a composer, a performer. This also allows me to be more fragile, not to think about whether they will spit on me. or not for what I'm saying. The proof is that, even doing a lot of TV in recent years, I've never been a whore with my music. I don't expect everyone who sees me on TV to buy a ticket for my concert . But if they do, they will see one thing without compromise. "

If you were offered to direct an opera, which one would you choose?

"For some summer I have been part of this somewhat hidden online world of wild swimmers. gps position. During an excursion, I saw this old stone quarry turned into a lake, and I thought it would be wonderful to set Offenbach's Tales of Hoffmann there, imagining that the stories come out of the rocks, out of the water. another thing I have dreamed of for a long time is to stage The Wizard of Oz with an entire symphony orchestra, but set in a retirement home. Dorothy would be 96 years old, the other characters would have some dementia, some arthrosis; magician is the doctor who decides everything, witches are the nurses, and in the end everyone rebels because they don't want to take medicine anymore.The music would be melodious to make you think that everything is beautiful, everything is perfect and then ... bam! Let's talk about reality ".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 10:06 AM, NaoMika said:

You know, right, that you are talking to a person who has a big cold and is not very clear-thinking, who is shooting a lot of nonsense? ".

I've adjusted this bit, because Google translate had just skipped it - I hope I got the translation right, please one of the Italian fans correct me if I'm wrong.

And I also adjusted the title of the Adam Sandler movie Mika mentions, in English it's "The Wedding Singer". I remember watching that years ago, but I can't even remember if I liked it or not. I usually like romantic comedy, and I love Drew Barrymore as an actress, so I suppose I did. :teehee: Gotta watch that again at some point. Still not sure tho what Mika is trying to say with all of that regarding to X-Factor. :blink:

I'll look into the rest of the translation when I have time, I remember noticing a few mistakes when I first read it. Those interviews all were so close to the Paris gigs that I didn't even have time yet to process them. :lol: Only catching up now.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Faustine said:

Est-ce que il va être traduit ?

I guess it depends on whether it will be a general interview or mostly about XFactor. The @Subtitling Team is still busy with the Pif documentary, so IF this RTL interview is interesting enough to get translated, then probably not soon. But I'm sure someone can post a summary here of what he says.

Here is the replay from Mika's short phone interview: https://play.rtl.it/ospiti/1/mika-in-collegamento-in-the-flight-giovedi-25-novembre-2021/ . He talks about Thanksgiving and about tonight's show. I can't understand the details, but I'm on the train now, will try again when I'm home and it's more quiet. I think I understood that his talents picked their songs themselves?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1