Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

15 minutes ago, SusanT said:

I think this is the English translation of the French article you read.

https://gettotext.com/mika-summer-on-all-fronts-before-an-intense-return-to-school/

I guess the articles should be in the French press thread

So the TV show must be why Mika was in Glasgow.

https://tickets.glasgowconcerthalls.com/25611/25612

I wonder if this is the competition. Note the reference to Glasgow

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, silver said:

This is an annual competition run  by the BBC, open to all musicians (not just pianists). 

I missed that. Also, the article talks about a NEW program, so I guess it must be another show.

• Like 1

I only saw this mentioned in an article on purepeople.fr so far, they are yellow press and write a lot of rubbish, so unless it's confirmed by an official news source, I wouldn't believe it. So this "fan theories" thread is the right place for it, not the french press thread. ;)

So, which studio did he go to yesterday? Paris? Rome? His home studio in Florence? Would be nice if he could spend a few weeks at home, after all this traveling - even if he has to work from home... but the traveling, although it's nice, is also stressful if it's so much and you don't get to rest in between.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mellody said:

So, which studio did he go to yesterday? Paris? Rome? His home studio in Florence? Would be nice if he could spend a few weeks at home, after all this traveling - even if he has to work from home... but the traveling, although it's nice, is also stressful if it's so much and you don't get to rest in between.

I think he was traveling on a ferry to Livorno, so I would say he's is at home in Florence.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think he was traveling on a ferry to Livorno, so I would say he's is at home in Florence.

That's good to know that he's (probably) at home. :wub2:  I hope he also does have a few days off and it's not JUST studio - maybe he just wrote that because everyone wants new music from him, so he wanted to let us know that he's working on it. Well, I guess he's happy with his countless projects at the same time, otherwise he wouldn't do it? I don't think he needs the money, after hosting Eurovision it should be enough for a few years. :teehee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Love it that he's posting more stories since last weekend, also showing himself. :wub2: It makes such a difference to the feeling that he's in contact with his fans, imo.

And also, as I said, nice to know that he's at home, even if he's working. I don't know how he can write good music when he's so tired, but well... we might want his album asap but we didn't make his schedule. I hope he has a few days now to write and relax and sleep, until that next festival in France.

When we were waiting for Mika after Cap Roig, for 2 hours, at some point my son asked me, "but if you're tired too, why do we keep waiting instead of going to bed?". Children can be a lot smarter than us, I guess we should listen to them more often. :dunno_grin: (btw I was glad to have the excuse that we were sharing a car with someone, so we couldn't leave sooner :teehee: and I did offer to my son to bring him to the car so he could sleep there while we were waiting - he didn't want to... so while he might have realized that sleeping would have been the more sensible option,  he also chose to stay there and wait :lol3:)

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

And also, as I said, nice to know that he's at home, even if he's working. I don't know how he can write good music when he's so tired, but well...

I have a feeling that making music with other people - and for more in his house - makes him more relaxed. He loves to be in a full (Lebanese) house.

And I don't know what is happening with Amy - I have seen her post on the Instagram that she will be absent in the SM for a while to focus on herself. It doesn't sound good...

Hard to say if it will impact her cooperation with Mika. 

Anyway our boy keeps himself busy.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

I love the little stories where he keeps us up to date! Checking in with us for a few seconds, it’s sweet ☺️ 

I wonder if being in the studio is his way to relax and unwind. I can understand that if you have so much creative energy and inspiration, it just has to come out and it needs to be materialized into song. If you don’t do this, it will just boil inside of you and that thought alone will make you restless (I am projecting here :lol3: but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same for him.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I love the little stories where he keeps us up to date! Checking in with us for a few seconds, it’s sweet ☺️ 

I wonder if being in the studio is his way to relax and unwind. I can understand that if you have so much creative energy and inspiration, it just has to come out and it needs to be materialized into song. If you don’t do this, it will just boil inside of you and that thought alone will make you restless (I am projecting here :lol3: but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same for him.)

I know what you mean, Michelle.

I can be dead tired but when I have an idea I need to make something with it. At once! And I forget about being tired.

Creativity gives you superpower. And I love this feeling :lol3:

And Mika mentioned several times the moments when he wrote a song in 15-20 minutes. It was a sort of a flow in your head. Just like a door opens and you just grab something and you have it. 

I call it "connection with God" or "higher state of consciousness". You feel like being in a different dimension where everything is possible.

• Like 4

I think that being on tour helped him to be in the creativity flow. He got so much input and energy (which he gave back to us tremendously, I’m still reeling from all the shows I have attended!) and it gets all the wheels rolling even more, “we’re gonna stay high” as a wise poet once said :wink2:

As exciting and energizing as it is, I do hope he has his little power breaks (two hours at the beach, for example :biggrin2:) to refuel and balance out. As much as I love to see his work, I also love to see him as a normal human being in need of sleep and rest. Otherwise he is making us all look bad!! :lol3: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

He’s working hard! In his studio in Tuscany, he’s sweet for not making us wonder too long in this thread :wink2: but it’s really interesting to see behind the scenes, I’m so glad he does that more now. I also adore his Mikavision videos. I was hoping he would continue with those, he truly is! 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

He’s working hard! In his studio in Tuscany, he’s sweet for not making us wonder too long in this thread :wink2: but it’s really interesting to see behind the scenes, I’m so glad he does that more now. I also adore his Mikavision videos. I was hoping he would continue with those, he truly is! 

yes i agree with you i like so much behind the scenes in Tuscany 

Hm, so where is he now and what is he getting ready for? 🤔 What country, even? Lol! Maybe back in the UK for whatever he is doing there? Maybe I should look back at that one interview earlier this year where he said he'd be spending one day in the desert, the next doing a gig, etc., I wonder if there are more hints in there. Anyone remembers which interview that was? The Cosmopolitan one maybe?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, mellody said:

Hm, so where is he now and what is he getting ready for? 🤔 What country, even? Lol! Maybe back in the UK for whatever he is doing there? Maybe I should look back at that one interview earlier this year where he said he'd be spending one day in the desert, the next doing a gig, etc., I wonder if there are more hints in there. Anyone remembers which interview that was? The Cosmopolitan one maybe?

The room reminds me of his house in Milan.  But I seem to remember that he no longer has that house. ..? Max is heading to Italy but it seems it's for his own music.  At the same time now he doesn't seem to have anything concrete in Italy and could it be England?  Or will it be some promotion for the concerts in Italy in September? What a mystery!  I love this!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

He is….in a hotelroom! Country not specified. All I know is; I have an ear worm for the rest of that day with that song!

same. :facepalm:

43 minutes ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

The room reminds me of his house in Milan.  But I seem to remember that he no longer has that house. ..? Max is heading to Italy but it seems it's for his own music.  At the same time now he doesn't seem to have anything concrete in Italy and could it be England?  Or will it be some promotion for the concerts in Italy in September? What a mystery!  I love this!

Yes, Max is on his way to @Gabry74 because she won the private gig by him. So that probably means whatever Mika is doing doesn't involve playing live music, because then Max would be with him. There were rumours that the thing in the UK is yet another casting show - I hoped he'd be done with those, but well, if it helps him in the UK as much as it helped him in Italy and France, I guess I can't complain. At least for a change I'd be able to understand what he's saying. :mf_rosetinted: But I'd definitely prefer something that is more about Mika himself and his music, than about others. A Casa Mika version in the UK would be so awesome. :fangurl: Or some sort of documentary about him - but then they would rather follow him on his journey than him going somewhere to film, I suppose.

Sigh, why does it all need to be so top secret? :rolleyes: I still wouldn't rule out that it has something to do with Eurovision, that would also explain the secrecy. When they announced the possible host cities, Leeds and Glasgow were among them, and iirc Mika has been to both of these cities in the last few weeks.

Well, all we can do until he (or some other reliable source) tells us is :wait: :tumbleweed: (and enjoy his random & funny stories :naughty:).

Edit: I was just thinking, if I put casting show and Eurovision together... how do they pick who represents the UK at Eurovision, is it done in some sort of casting show? 🤔

Edited by mellody
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Well, all we can do until he (or some other reliable source) tells us is :wait: :tumbleweed: (and enjoy his random & funny stories :naughty:).

This has become my general approach now, although I do love to theorize where he is!

Promotion for the Magic Piano Tour would be great, but something tells me it’s something not obvious at all and he will yet again surprise us with a new project :biggrin2:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And there is a woman in black in the room. Could it be Paloma? 

image.thumb.png.603a4d57eb16013a1e9f1c6277f3228e.png

I think it's Mika's security Ninja bodyguard!  :ph34r:   :lol3: 

There to stop anyone stealing his expensive suits!!! :biggrin2:

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hmmm. The room is rather small.

I don't think it's Crillon hotel in Paris. They don't have mirrors over beds.

And there is a trolley  with Mika's suits: black, green, white...

image.thumb.png.3a813cf3bf06758e1751627aecf68d98.png

And there is a woman in black in the room. Could it be Paloma? 

image.thumb.png.603a4d57eb16013a1e9f1c6277f3228e.png

Yeah, the room looks more modern than the ones he's usually staying at in Paris or Rome - they have this beautiful design that almost looks royal, with chandeliers and stuff, and this one looks more like any other hotel room.

The woman in the background is probably someone who's responsible for his wardrobe, but doesn't look like Paloma to me. The different suits might mean it's for a photoshoot. So maybe it IS promo for the Magic Piano tour? If it's in Milan or Florence, it might just be a random hotel room for the day, so he can prepare & get changed.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mellody said:

same. :facepalm:

Yes, Max is on his way to @Gabry74 because she won the private gig by him. So that probably means whatever Mika is doing doesn't involve playing live music, because then Max would be with him. There were rumours that the thing in the UK is yet another casting show - I hoped he'd be done with those, but well, if it helps him in the UK as much as it helped him in Italy and France, I guess I can't complain. At least for a change I'd be able to understand what he's saying. :mf_rosetinted: But I'd definitely prefer something that is more about Mika himself and his music, than about others. A Casa Mika version in the UK would be so awesome. :fangurl: Or some sort of documentary about him - but then they would rather follow him on his journey than him going somewhere to film, I suppose.

Sigh, why does it all need to be so top secret? :rolleyes: I still wouldn't rule out that it has something to do with Eurovision, that would also explain the secrecy. When they announced the possible host cities, Leeds and Glasgow were among them, and iirc Mika has been to both of these cities in the last few weeks.

Edit: I was just thinking, if I put casting show and Eurovision together... how do they pick who represents the UK at Eurovision, is it done in some sort of casting show? 🤔

http://www.musicweek.com/interviews/read/exclusive-digital-cover-inside-eurovision-2022-with-tap-music-parlophone-and-sam-ryder/085765

I read that the BBC had viewers participate in the selection for several years, then in 2020 they had the record label BMG choose the singer. However, there was no Eurovision that year due to Covid. James Newman was reselected in 2021 but ended up last so then Tap management (the team Dua Lipa worked with) got involved in the search for a suitable contestant. See the article above

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1