Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

21 minutes ago, mellody said:

indeed the next day it was announced that Eurovision would be in the UK.

The host city hasn't been decided yet, for the North area Leeds and York are favourites at the moment.

16 minutes ago, silver said:

Or maybe he just fancied some fish and chips - Whitby in North Yorkshire is famous for them :mf_rosetinted:

(just the mention of Whitby fish and chips has me drooling! :drool:)

An adaptation of Dracula was performed at Whitby Abbey recently, maybe Mika has a fetish for people with pointy teeth! :naughty:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hmm. No postes since June 11th???

So where is Mika now?

Yesterday morning he was in North England.

Now he posts a story that he will take a plane in 2 hours....

Well. He has  projets we are aware already. And for sure twice more we don't know anything about :lol3:

Finishing two albums - in French and in English, finishing the symphonique music to a movie about a camel... something new he can't  tell us now...

So our little camel in Chester zoo... has Mika read our birthday thread and he knows already about the camel adoption? Maybe he went the to say hello to his new baby?

Yes he must have read his birthday thread... my thoughts too :wink2:

On 6/10/2022 at 6:49 PM, mellody said:

I think he was in the desert the few days last week when we didn't hear from him. :dunno_grin:

Nice of him to update us in his stories about where he is! :mikalove: Paris already, in the studio today... well and I suppose the video was shot in Italy, as his coworkers on it are mostly Italian.

And between Disney and Caribana... maybe more studio work in Paris? Guess he's still recording that French album. Maybe the studio in Rome is for the English one, and the one in Paris for the French one - or he does both in both countries, depending on where he is? :dunno_grin:

He said in an interview he now books studios everywhere when he tours. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

He said in an interview he now books studios everywhere when he tours. 

Yeah, but if he's co-writing with someone else, maybe an artist or band who want to compete in Eurovision and they are in the North of England, it'd make sense for him to go there, I guess.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mellody said:

His next gig is only on Saturday, so he has a week now to work on whatever he's working on. One of the many options - or maybe a different one every day? :teehee: Who knows with him... :dunno_grin:

As for Northern England... after he said in Colmar that he'd have to get up early the next day for a new adventure, our first guess was that it'd be something for Eurovision, and indeed the next day it was announced that Eurovision would be in the UK. I wonder if he's maybe writing a song that could compete for the UK in Eurovision - Co-writing with someone who is in Northern England? Or maybe he even changed his mind and would enter the contest himself for the UK? (So far he said he'd only compete for Lebanon) ... or something else, like artistic direction, as he did for Star Academy in Canada, or stage design, etc. - anyway my feeling is that it has to do with Eurovision in some way.

Hmmm. But I think it's too early to do anything specific for Eurovision 2023. For the moment they only announced that it will take place in the UK. Next steps to follow. 

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hmmm. But I think it's too early to do anything specific for Eurovision 2023. For the moment they only announced that it will take place in the UK. Next steps to follow. 

It's less than a year away, so those who want to compete in the contest surely are starting to write songs & prepare applications etc (or whatever you have to do to be one of the bands/artists who take part). You're right tho about things like stage design, they can only do that when they know which city/venue will host Eurovision.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mellody said:

His next gig is only on Saturday, so he has a week now to work on whatever he's working on. One of the many options - or maybe a different one every day? :teehee: Who knows with him... :dunno_grin:

As for Northern England... after he said in Colmar that he'd have to get up early the next day for a new adventure, our first guess was that it'd be something for Eurovision, and indeed the next day it was announced that Eurovision would be in the UK. I wonder if he's maybe writing a song that could compete for the UK in Eurovision - Co-writing with someone who is in Northern England? Or maybe he even changed his mind and would enter the contest himself for the UK? (So far he said he'd only compete for Lebanon) ... or something else, like artistic direction, as he did for Star Academy in Canada, or stage design, etc. - anyway my feeling is that it has to do with Eurovision in some way.

I like the idea of Eurovision, but even if that's  not the case, that's ok.

When Mika was on Catteland he said he was working on August 15. Don't know if it has anything to do with what he's doing now. August 15 is a national holiday in Italy. If Mika were here, I imagine it would be for a private event.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

It's less than a year away, so those who want to compete in the contest surely are starting to write songs & prepare applications etc (or whatever you have to do to be one of the bands/artists who take part). You're right tho about things like stage design, they can only do that when they know which city/venue will host Eurovision.

I don't even think Mika would compete in Eurovision. He can do so many other things for the program. Even with Yasmine as designing the stage. But I don't see him singing a song as a representative of any country.

• Like 3

On 7/31/2022 at 5:38 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Maybe a tour in UK?

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

On 7/31/2022 at 6:18 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I live in the North of England and can confirm that Mika stopped over at my place to have a 3 course meal and then serenade me with new music...... :fisch:

Oh, so that was why he was late to mine. Thanks for warming him up for me. :naughty:

On 7/31/2022 at 6:18 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Maybe Jonathan Ross and Mika being here at the same time are connected? 🤔

I know you're joking, but, I really really really hope not! 

On 7/31/2022 at 10:11 PM, silver said:

Or maybe he just fancied some fish and chips - Whitby in North Yorkshire is famous for them :mf_rosetinted:

You knew that would get us drooling. :licks_lips:Ok, who wants an MFC trip to Whitby? 

9 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't even think Mika would compete in Eurovision. He can do so many other things for the program. Even with Yasmine as designing the stage. But I don't see him singing a song as a representative of any country.

I agree, other than Lebanon I can't see him tying himself specifically to representing one country. There's so much more he can do for his causes and the show as a presenter or adviser.

Besides, it wouldn't be fair on the other contestants. Douze points - Mika! Ad infinitum.  :teehee: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Hero said:

Oh, so that was why he was late to mine. Thanks for warming him up for me. :naughty:

Warming him up for what exactly? 😳

12 hours ago, Hero said:

I know you're joking, but, I really really really hope not! 

Masked Dancer UK starts soon, maybe Mika could be a guest judge? I think it's unlikely though and I can't see him actually entering the competition either.

12 hours ago, Hero said:

Ok, who wants an MFC trip to Whitby? 

🙋‍♀️ 👍

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/31/2022 at 6:09 PM, silver said:

We know he has been to Leeds before to rehearse songs, so maybe another musical event is planned :dunno_grin:

The only thing I can imagine he is rehearsing for is the Magic Piano Tour, not a planned tour after.
Then again it would make sense to rehearse for that in Italy? Not sure. 

22 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I agree, he has performed as a judge during ESC, I don’t think he will compete for a country. I can imagine that Mika doesn’t care about winning when it comes to something as symbolic as ESC, he cares about what it represents. He specifically chose hearts on flags to unite the audience, I think he has achieved all he wanted and could performance-wise.

On 8/1/2022 at 11:25 AM, mellody said:

But yes, maybe co-writing a possible song? It would be very early for that though, don’t they mostly do these things online? Only in final stages they came together. However, I’m not familiar with timelines when it comes to songwriting. So I could be wrong of course.

• Like 2

So, with Mika's story from Glasgow it's clear that he's not there for preparations or rehearsals, but for some sort of recordings or at least photoshootings - otherwise Geraldine wouldn't be with him. I wonder when we'll get to see what he's doing there... days, weeks, months?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, mellody said:

So, with Mika's story from Glasgow it's clear that he's not there for preparations or rehearsals, but for some sort of recordings or at least photoshootings - otherwise Geraldine wouldn't be with him. I wonder when we'll get to see what he's doing there... days, weeks, months?

The Irish pub is called Jinty McGuinty's. 5f3977f3-edd0-4346-a2c9-8c36dcbe54c8.thumb.jpg.9d6747c2f5ec9c4ee6e0d9fbccd91d76.jpg

https://www.jintys.co.uk/

They have live music shows almost everynight, I don't think MIKA will perform there, though.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mellody said:

This is what I though as well. Where is Geraldine there is a camera on Mika :lol3:

It would be nice if it's for any promo in UK....

• Like 5

There's an article in France today talking about Mika. They wrote that he's really busy about a lot of different project and that he's actually in the UK recording a TV show about young pianist talent !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Florine said:

There's an article in France today talking about Mika. They wrote that he's really busy about a lot of different project and that he's actually in the UK recording a TV show about young pianist talent !

I think this is the English translation of the French article you read.

https://gettotext.com/mika-summer-on-all-fronts-before-an-intense-return-to-school/

I guess the articles should be in the French press thread

So the TV show must be why Mika was in Glasgow.

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 3