Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think it was in Italy.

He definitely managed again to tell us just enough so we have something to talk about. :naughty:

I thought the man in the background might be his friend from Illhaeusern, but you're right, it might be Mr Penniman Sr. - it makes more sense that Mika is in Florence with his family. Also it's a bit warmer there, and Mika is wearing a short-sleeved shirt. And I can see some pine trees.

Btw, I like his pearl necklace, shame we can't see more of it, I'm sure it looks beautiful with that shirt, because that's also a pearly white colour/structure. ❤️ I wonder if maybe it's his Mum's necklace, and he's wearing it to feel like she's with them for Christmas? :wub2: Or it's just one of his beautiful pieces of jewelry from his treasure box. Either way, the bit we can see of it looks lovely.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Hero said:

He's confusing us again. His favourite hobby! :naughty:

I also think it's Mr Penniman Senior in the background. 

Was it sunny today in Florence/Tuscany? 

Weather forecast in La Nazione ( Florence's newspaper) for December 25:

Partially cloudy with temperatures above average. Good weather. No rain.

Screenshot_20221225-224721_Chrome.jpg

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Hero said:

The weather was....

https://www.weather25.com/europe/italy/toscana/florence?page=today

The local weather in Florence today

Sunday, 25 December 2022

The weather today in Florence will be comfortable with temperatures around 16°C. During the evening and night time the temperatures will drop to 11°C.

1205554196_Screenshot2022-12-26at06-54-57Florencelocalweather(live)todayhourlyweather.thumb.png.96cba255758642aa1092e5aa06e7cc92.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I thought the man in the background might be his friend from Illhaeusern, but you're right, it might be Mr Penniman Sr. - it makes more sense that Mika is in Florence with his family.

31 minutes ago, Hero said:

He's confusing us again. His favourite hobby! :naughty:

I also think it's Mr Penniman Senior in the background. 

But if they are in Italy where are the Girls? Would he go for a walk without the Girls?????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But if they are in Italy where are the Girls? Would he go for a walk without the Girls?????

Maybe they're nearby with Andy? But showing them would give away where Mika is, so ofc he can't do that, it wouldn't confuse us. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

• Haha 4

The thing that's tripping me up is the picture from the hotel in Paris. 

Was it taken before today and posted today as a Christmas greeting? But Mika seems to be wearing the same outfit. Would he do that? So...

Was it taken early this morning, then Mika travelled to meet his family? Travelling on Christmas day? Paris to Florence? I guess a private plane could do it, but would he want to do that? 

Or... its not Florence. Maybe they're meeting up at a friend's place, and that's why he filmed outside? Do they have a friend in France who owns a big muddy field with nice views? Was it sunny anywhere in France today? 

Ugh, too many questions! :insane::naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

The thing that's tripping me up is the picture from the hotel in Paris. 

Was it taken before today and posted today as a Christmas greeting? But Mika seems to be wearing the same outfit. Would he do that? So...

Was it taken early this morning, then Mika travelled to meet his family? Travelling on Christmas day? Paris to Florence? I guess a private plane could do it, but would he want to do that? 

Or... its not Florence. Maybe they're meeting up at a friend's place, and that's why he filmed outside? Do they have a friend in France who owns a big muddy field with nice views? Was it sunny anywhere in France today? 

Ugh, too many questions! :insane::naughty:

I was already starting to collect reasons why he might be wearing the same outfit, but in fact I checked again, it's a different one. The shirt in his videos is short-sleeved, while the one on the picture has long sleeves and he just rolled them up. Also the neckline is different, and I think he isn't wearing the pearl necklace. So I suppose the picture was taken another time, when that Belgian singer met Mika at the hotel, and he just posted the photo today as Xmas greetings. It's sweet of Mika to repost it, btw. :mikalove:

Anyway, I don't think you can find a field like that in Paris (or even nearby, with those hills), so he must have traveled *somewhere*, lol! :naughty: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

... it's a different one. The shirt in his videos is short-sleeved, while the one on the picture has long sleeves and he just rolled them up. 

After a close up inspection and much use of the pause and zoom functions... you're right, it's short sleeved and with less defined ribbing! Sneaky. :naughty: With all the clothes he has too. 

But he looks good in it. :lustslow::teehee:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mellody said:

Anyway, I don't think you can find a field like that in Paris (or even nearby, with those hills), so he must have traveled *somewhere*, lol! :naughty: 

Muddy field? Did he visit my region and didn't say anything?! :annoyed::teehee:

Just kidding, I think he is in Tuscany. :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

They're all so stylish! :wub2: And nice of them to let us know where they're celebrating Xmas, instead of making us guess. :fisch: :teehee: Well... I remember that at the start of the pandemic I had no idea what Mika's different houses looked like and where he posted from, and I didn't care much either. Guess I spent too much time at the computer the last 3 years. 🙈 :naughty:

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, mellody said:

They're all so stylish! :wub2: And nice of them to let us know where they're celebrating Xmas, instead of making us guess. :fisch: :teehee: Well... I remember that at the start of the pandemic I had no idea what Mika's different houses looked like and where he posted from, and I didn't care much either. Guess I spent too much time at the computer the last 3 years. 🙈 :naughty:

:hug:

I wonder where and how Mika will be spending NYE... still in Florence with his family? Or have they travelled to Miami now? Will he be burning fireworks again (and sending us awesome videos from the pool, or from other places :wub2:)? Or is he in France for movie/soundtrack promo?

The calm before the storm is lasting really long... :wait: Well, he definitely deserves some time off now over the holidays, after all the work in 2022. I had hoped he'd give us some news before the holidays, but at least we know that with the soundtrack we'll get to hear news in the next few weeks, and at least one new song besides the instrumentals. I hope those of you who can watch the movie preview today will let us know how it sounds, I can't wait for news! :excite:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mellody said:

I can't wait for news! :excite:

Me too! If there's already a thread for reviews please direct me there (and feel free to move this post there too).

Not sure if this is really a spoiler but I'll put it as hidden just in case!

Spoiler

The theme song is "Feels Like Fire", and it's also a duet with a female singer! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Me too! If there's already a thread for reviews please direct me there (and feel free to move this post there too).

Reveal hidden contents

:dog::dance_man: me too i wait to see where they are 

Edited by Paoletta
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Hide contents

I read the same on Twitter. Somehow I still hope that there'll be a version of the song just by Mika, not too thrilled if the actual song is another duet... but well, it probably is for the story of the movie and makes sense in that context. :dunno_grin: I'm just craving Mika news so much that I had hoped for a single that he sings and promotes all by himself, to get at least one 100% Mika song while we're waiting for the album/s, see him performing it on TV, hear it at gigs... and Mika could definitely use some promo in preparation for festivals/tour/albums, as he isn't doing The Voice and stays quiet on social media. But well, maybe that hope was unrealistic anyway, as it's a movie soundtrack, even if Mika wrote it.

• Like 5

On 12/30/2022 at 1:09 PM, mellody said:

I wonder where and how Mika will be spending NYE... still in Florence with his family? Or have they travelled to Miami now? Will he be burning fireworks again (and sending us awesome videos from the pool, or from other places :wub2:)? Or is he in France for movie/soundtrack promo?

Mystery solved

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm1Z4ChggwK/

mikainstagram

Still here in my field. Wishing you all a joyous end of year. May next year be full of bounty, fine weather, mud and fun. Bring it on. 🌞 🌍🏽 ❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Thank you Mika for the reply. :wub2: :naughty:

43 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Mystery solved

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm1Z4ChggwK/

mikainstagram

Still here in my field. Wishing you all a joyous end of year. May next year be full of bounty, fine weather, mud and fun. Bring it on. 🌞 🌍🏽 ❤️

Love this, and all of his stories! :wub2:  

I did something pretty similar today, took a walk with my kids to the nearby forest, through a lot of mud. :naughty: Just ofc not shirtless and the mud was only on the shoes & trousers, not in my face. :lol3: It was really warm today, probably even warmer in Italy, so I'm not surprised that he found it too warm with shirt & jacket. I like those temperatures. :cloud: :naughty:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3