2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

On the video from Olympia people are sitting without masks.

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

From the moment the concerts were announced we were (and of course still are) worried, because of the pandemic.

Just imagine us sitting there without face masks? I know I will have a huge smile on my face! And everyone will be able to see it! :biggrin2:

On a recent Twitter photo by the Philharmonie I saw that people there were still wearing masks. But would be awesome if they changed that now. :wub2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

From the moment the concerts were announced we were (and of course still are) worried, because of the pandemic.

Just imagine us sitting there without face masks? I know I will have a huge smile on my face! And everyone will be able to see it! :biggrin2:

Oh man I hope we won’t have to. I haven’t had to wear a mask since summer (except for in the train) and boy do I not miss that. Besides, they’ve fallen apart at this point because the elastics are breaking apart from all the boiling I’ve done 😂 I did get new fabric ones for the train tho. 

6 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

Was also wondering if anyone would be interested to visit the Louvre on friday night? They have a night opening on Fridays, and according to my sister it’s a lot more quiet at that time.

that sounds really cool! I'd be up for that!

• Like 1

Was also looking at public transport. Since Paris’ metro system is super handy dandy and super easy, I’ll be getting a Metro card for the weekend. Noticed that M5 (Gare du Nord - Porte de Pantin) is the way to go to and from Philharmonie. The metro ride is only 7 minutes, then a 7 min walk 😊 Will have to check the areas to see what ticket will cover that, but a solo ride is only 1,90€, so shouldn’t be too much for a few day tickets.

edit; I do have this vague memory of those machines only taking cash, so bring change lol.

Edited by Maaikie...

6 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

Was also looking at public transport. Since Paris’ metro system is super handy dandy and super easy, I’ll be getting a Metro card for the weekend. Noticed that M5 (Gare du Nord - Porte de Pantin) is the way to go to and from Philharmonie. The metro ride is only 7 minutes, then a 7 min walk 😊 Will have to check the areas to see what ticket will cover that, but a solo ride is only 1,90€, so shouldn’t be too much for a few day tickets.

edit; I do have this vague memory of those machines only taking cash, so bring change lol.

You can pay with crédit card now .....if the machines are not out of order :naughty:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, mellody said:

On a recent Twitter photo by the Philharmonie I saw that people there were still wearing masks. But would be awesome if they changed that now. :wub2:

Yeah, or sometimes people just do it and no one notices *gasp* :facepalm::wink2: (although I think the atmosphere is a bit different in the Philharmonie!)

9 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

Oh man I hope we won’t have to. I haven’t had to wear a mask since summer (except for in the train) and boy do I not miss that. Besides, they’ve fallen apart at this point because the elastics are breaking apart from all the boiling I’ve done 😂 I did get new fabric ones for the train tho. 

I know what you mean, since I live in Germany (masks required indoors), but work in the NL (like you said: not since summer), it’s an easy switch. But yes, you get used to not wearing one very very quickly!!! 

And also, I love to see people’s entire face and their smile (not just their teeth @Heroand @Prisca!) Of course we all see eachother outside of the venue and know what we look like, but there is just a different and more welcoming vibe when you see someone’s entire face smile. I’ve noticed that when face masks weren’t required anymore indoors at work. People started greeting eachother again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

ARE WE READYYYY 

:no:

I still have things to prepare for then. Only two weeks time now. :shocked:

However, I am very much looking forward to Paris. :yes:

:groupwave:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

Was also wondering if anyone would be interested to visit the Louvre on friday night? They have a night opening on Fridays, and according to my sister it’s a lot more quiet at that time.

That sounds great! My hotel is basically just a bit across the river from Louvre so I'd love to join you. :original:

Btw, I've also found that it's free for all people under 26: 

Every Friday from 6 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., admission to the museum is free for visitors under the age of 26 regardless of country of residence. (https://freetoursbyfoot.com/louvre-museum-tickets/)

Otherwise it's only for EU residents. I have to take advantage of the two days I'm still under 26 in Paris... :teehee:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Prisca said:

:no:

I still have things to prepare for then. Only two weeks time now. :shocked:

However, I am very much looking forward to Paris. :yes:

:groupwave:

Same! Just realised I still need travel/medical insurance, will have to look at that today. Amongst other things - still no idea what I'm wearing. :hair:

10 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

That does sound cool, and I'd love to see the pyramid all lit up, but are they still doing late evenings? Their website says open to 6pm every day, closed Tuesdays. I've emailed them to check specifically for the 22nd, will let you know when they reply. That put my rusty French to the test! :naughty:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Just realised I still need travel/medical insurance,

For me, travel insurance (for a few weeks) is included with the credit card. Maybe the same for you?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Same! Just realised I still need travel/medical insurance, will have to look at that today. Amongst other things - still no idea what I'm wearing. :hair:

That does sound cool, and I'd love to see the pyramid all lit up, but are they still doing late evenings? Their website says open to 6pm every day, closed Tuesdays. I've emailed them to check specifically for the 22nd, will let you know when they reply. That put my rusty French to the test! :naughty:

Oh shoot I see now! Fingers crossed then 🤞 My sister looked it up the other day, no clue where she saw this then..

13 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

For people who are not under 26 and cannot buy a weekend ticket, there is also the possibility to buy a "carnet de 10" (ten tickets for 16.90€), it is cheaper than buy singles tickets for 1.90€. Of course, it only makes sense if you need 10 rides. But I guess you can give (sell) the tickets to someone else, because it doesn't have your name on it.

https://www.ratp.fr/en/titres-et-tarifs/t-tickets

• Like 1

On 07/10/2021 at 16:04, mellody said:

Si quelqu'un cherche toujours des billets pour le samedi, il en existe actuellement plusieurs disponibles sur le site Web de la Philharmonie - également plusieurs côte à côte. Ce sont des billets de balcon Cat1.

Sur 2 sites Web allemands, j'ai vu aujourd'hui que l'incidence de Covid sur 7 jours en France est passée d'env. 50 à plus de 300 depuis hier - je ne peux pas imaginer que ce soit vrai. :cligner: Peut-être que quelqu'un de France peut confirmer que les chiffres sont toujours aussi bas qu'ils l'étaient ces dernières semaines ? Du moins je l'espère!!

pas d'inquiétude Karen,   les chiffres varient d'une région à l'autre mais sont bien en baisse :) 

• Like 2

Sorry guys, I've heard back from the Louvre, the late night openings are suspended during the covid crisis. :dunno:

@maaike  @Emily2b  @giraffeandy

----------

"Dans le cadre de la crise sanitaire actuelle, le musée du Louvre, comme tout établissement public, se conforme aux recommandations gouvernementales et ministérielles transmises par les autorités compétentes.

Le musée du Louvre en met tout en œuvre pour protéger ses visiteurs et ses agents. Je vous invite à consulter ces mesures sur notre site internet.

Le musée est ouvert de 9h à 17h30, tous les jours sauf les mardis. Les ouvertures en nocturne sont actuellement suspendues, ainsi que la nocturne du samedi." 

----------

Shame, that sounded interesting. Will have to find something else! 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

I’ve ordered at Asos and went out of the box with one of them, but the longer I had it on, the less critical I could be lol. It’s so extra I love that for a Mika gig (white one). Red one is perfect contender for Christmas too lol. Plus a comfy peplum.944EC156-3CE7-40B9-937F-8237B6796978.thumb.jpeg.1c4b21b1ba6745ce3aa2458726449841.jpeg532A0BEA-0DA1-4E5A-83A6-AC382F2979F1.thumb.jpeg.5daed3394660066351bff4e178c3e298.jpeg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

I’ve ordered at Asos and went out of the box with one of them, but the longer I had it on, the less critical I could be lol. It’s so extra I love that for a Mika gig (white one). Red one is perfect contender for Christmas too lol. Plus a comfy peplum.944EC156-3CE7-40B9-937F-8237B6796978.thumb.jpeg.1c4b21b1ba6745ce3aa2458726449841.jpeg532A0BEA-0DA1-4E5A-83A6-AC382F2979F1.thumb.jpeg.5daed3394660066351bff4e178c3e298.jpeg

Love them both!! Good choice! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And day 2 was easier, just needed some shorts for under the skirt and some tights without holes in em lol.

also helps to play Mika Symphonique whilst playing dress up, gives you a moment to practice clapping after all that time :lmfao:jk, but the atmosphere helps hahaE12BB681-B2A8-47D3-96B1-8999AC1941E7.thumb.jpeg.451d00907324eac1c1812281ac96b827.jpeg.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

You look beautiful in both :clap:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

32 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

And day 2 was easier, just needed some shorts for under the skirt and some tights without holes in em lol.

also helps to play Mika Symphonique whilst playing dress up, gives you a moment to practice clapping after all that time :lmfao:jk, but the atmosphere helps hahaE12BB681-B2A8-47D3-96B1-8999AC1941E7.thumb.jpeg.451d00907324eac1c1812281ac96b827.jpeg.

:thumb_yello: You look great, good choices! 

I've got a pair of ankle boots for tramping around Paris, and a basic tshirt. I did pick up some jeggings and a fancy tshirt last week, plus a long floral dress in a thin fabric with a side split that is probably completely impractical for October. 

That's it. I'm ordering online. 

@mellody have you found anything yet? 

Edited by Hero
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero said:

:thumb_yello: You look great, good choices! 

I've got a pair of ankle boots for tramping around Paris, and a basic tshirt. I did pick up some jeggings and a fancy tshirt last week, plus a long floral dress in a thin fabric with a side split that is probably completely impractical for October. 

That's it. I'm ordering online. 

Thanks!

Good idea, and the nicest part is that one always send something back, plus it’s just nice to try stuff out from home, as it’s easier to mix and match with what you own. I have one more order coming, but it got delayed so hopefully it does come in time. So I’ll have a few more choices.

• Like 2

Also question, I want to make a bit of a vlog of the weekend, for memory sake plus it could be fun to watch for those that couldn’t make it.
I read that they were a little difficult on phones/cameras during the other symphonic gigs, so I’ll obviously respect that if that’s the case again.

So if you see me filming and you don’t want to be filmed at other times outside the gig, let me know and I’ll point the camera away/not edit you in. Most likely won’t film you, as that’s easier to remember later on haha

But anyway, here’s a few examples

2017, filmed with a potato, but Paris! And with a Mika easter egg lol

https://youtu.be/j-EuxIz8Hq8
And another one for a better idea (I always make little vlogs of my holidays, this one’s Versailles) took the thumbnails away because it’s not Mika relevant and takes up space)

https://youtu.be/0yFeq0URqUg

• Like 2