2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

6 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

She’s waiting for that insanely pretty, but also expensive dress to be reduced to a respectable price 😆

There is also still the option of robbing Mika, then she can afford the dress. :naughty:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

Also question, I want to make a bit of a vlog of the weekend, for memory sake plus it could be fun to watch for those that couldn’t make it.
I read that they were a little difficult on phones/cameras during the other symphonic gigs, so I’ll obviously respect that if that’s the case again.

So if you see me filming and you don’t want to be filmed at other times outside the gig, let me know and I’ll point the camera away/not edit you in. Most likely won’t film you, as that’s easier to remember later on haha

But anyway, here’s a few examples

2017, filmed with a potato, but Paris! And with a Mika easter egg lol

https://youtu.be/j-EuxIz8Hq8
And another one for a better idea (I always make little vlogs of my holidays, this one’s Versailles) took the thumbnails away because it’s not Mika relevant and takes up space)

https://youtu.be/0yFeq0URqUg

The vlogs look nice. :thumb_yello:

They are for sure good memories. :original:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

She’s waiting for that insanely pretty, but also expensive dress to be reduced to a respectable price 😆

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

There is also still the option of robbing Mika, then she can afford the dress. :naughty:

Um, I've just searched on Zalando and can't find that dress now. Might not need to rob Mika! :no:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

Pfft, there's enough rich as*holes in this world that I'd rob first before taking even one cent from Mika! :sneaky2: :naughty:

Thanks anyway for the reminder, guys. :teehee: I've ordered a green dress now that maybe looks like I robbed the fabric of Mika's green suit. :roftl: But ofc I don't know how it looks on me. It was over 200€, so if I'm not 100% happy with it, I'll send it back and just wear dark trousers and a nice top for one of the 2 gigs. Or maybe go to Munich for a shopping trip, haven't done that for ages. For the other gig I'm wearing the black dress that I've been wearing for one of the Montreal gigs, together with a black top/blouse with lots of blue glitter that keeps losing glitter - my seat will clearly be marked after the gig. :lmfao:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

Pfft, there's enough rich as*holes in this world that I'd rob first before taking even one cent from Mika! :sneaky2: :naughty:

Thank you! Yes! :clap:That's what I was trying to say last time, but couldn't get the words together. :lol3: 

. It was over 200€,

:yikes:

, together with a black top/blouse with lots of blue glitter that keeps losing glitter - my seat will clearly be marked after the gig. :lmfao:

Sounds lovely, can't wait to see it all. We'll be a shimmering audience - I've picked up a black sequin top to go with my velvet skirt. Not tried it on yet mind, it was an impulse buy, so fingers crossed. :crossed:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

Maybe Mika bought it for me, so I wouldn't need to rob him. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty: 

See, that's why you're a mod. Who else would think of that? :clap:

Does he include free delivery? In person? :swoon::lol3:

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, mellody said:

Maybe Mika bought it for me, so I wouldn't need to rob him. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty: 

9 hours ago, Hero said:

See, that's why you're a mod. Who else would think of that? :clap:

Does he include free delivery? In person? :swoon::lol3:

Oh, that gets complicated when Mika wants to hand it over to you. Then you'd better wear it on Sunday. :yes:

10 hours ago, mellody said:

It was over 200€

10 hours ago, Hero said:

:yikes:

Ah, that's a bargain compared to the dress Mika bought for her. :naughty: No matter whether Mika bought it when it still cost 3000 euros or when it was depreciated to 1500 euros. :wink2:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Prisca said:

Oh, that gets complicated when Mika wants to hand it over to you. Then you'd better wear it on Sunday. :yes:

That's why I'm not a big fan of surprises - he'll completely mess up my carefully arranged outfit plans. :facepalm: :roftl:

5 hours ago, Prisca said:

Ah, that's a bargain compared to the dress Mika bought for her. :naughty:

I had a voucher, so the 200€ are ok. :teehee: If it fits. If it doesn't, I'll send it back and buy clothes for my kids from the voucher instead, and/or some nice shirts for everyday use - that's a lot less stressful. 😅

And just to make that clear to everyone who just joined the conversation and maybe doesn't know much English: We're joking, Mika hasn't bought a dress for me. :aah:

On to a different topic (the one about my outfit stresses me, lol! 😅): I thought yesterday how nice it'd be to hear Sound of an Orchestra with an actual orchestra. :biggrin2: :wub2: Would be a fab opportunity to play it live, if he ever plans to. :teehee:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, mellody said:

I thought yesterday how nice it'd be to hear Sound of an Orchestra with an actual orchestra. :biggrin2: :wub2: Would be a fab opportunity to play it live, if he ever plans to. :teehee:

I'm in !:thumb_yello:

And would not be against the full version of Tiny love as well 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, carafon said:

I'm in !:thumb_yello:

And would not be against the full version of Tiny love as well 

I won't hold my breath for that, but I'll be happy about any version of Tiny Love. :cloud:

• Like 5

Well, I've tried on the sequin top with the long velvet skirt. It's ok, top is a bit short maybe. It'll do if I can't find anything nicer. 

IMG_20211010_135755.thumb.jpg.7c06a970a5700560f91d9acb4be1f7fa.jpg

This is the unsuitable floral dress - it might work for daytime with a cardigan, thick tights and ankle boots. Ignore the scratty hair, nails and no make up! 

IMG_20211010_141304.thumb.jpg.0bd9964a3dd7380dc8a1dff7d5a54a37.jpg

I already had this long dress, but I think it's a bit too summery, doesn't really say Paris in Octobre. 

IMG_20211010_140718.thumb.jpg.7b6897c1f06a8f180d81c8dc8808105b.jpg

And a cosy jumper for nippy days. :biggrin2:

IMG_20211010_141626.thumb.jpg.719237d9138d82e922f01f522d04f88e.jpg

Sorry about the resting bitch face. :doh::lol3:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hero said:

Well, I've tried on the sequin top with the long velvet skirt. It's ok, top is a bit short maybe. It'll do if I can't find anything nicer. 

This is the unsuitable floral dress - it might work for daytime with a cardigan, thick tights and ankle boots. Ignore the scratty hair, nails and no make up! 

IMG_20211010_141304.thumb.jpg.0bd9964a3dd7380dc8a1dff7d5a54a37.jpg

I already had this long dress, but I think it's a bit too summery, doesn't really say Paris in Octobre. 

And a cosy jumper for nippy days. :biggrin2:

IMG_20211010_141626.thumb.jpg.719237d9138d82e922f01f522d04f88e.jpg

Sorry about the resting bitch face. :doh::lol3:

These are the forecast temperatures (in °C) for the weekend in Paris (to be taken with a grain of salt):

grafik.png.d6bf97de55ca86bb155609a661ac8050.png

What you wear also depends on how quickly you get cold, I guess. :dunno_grin:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Prisca said:

These are the forecast temperatures (in °C) for the weekend in Paris (to be taken with a grain of salt):

grafik.png.d6bf97de55ca86bb155609a661ac8050.png

What you wear also depends on how quickly you get cold, I guess. :dunno_grin:

Oh that does look promising! As long as it doesn’t rain!

1 hour ago, Hero said:

That dress is very pretty!  And sequins are always great👌

Also saw this thread on Twitter and made me feel all bubbly inside:wub2:

Can’t wait!!

• Like 3

I post here even if off topic. I find an app that has maps that work offline too, it's CityMaps2go. It's for Apple and Android. I tried it and worked for Paris.

Ho trovato un app che ha le mappe che funzionano anche senza internet. È CityMaps2go, funziona veramente sia per Apple sia per Android. Anche se fuori dal contesto ho pensato che potesse servire 

• Like 3