TODAY! 20 September 2021

3pm Eastern Time (US and Canada)
8pm UK
9pm Central Europe

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/83868494156?pwd=U1ZkaVRabTVKay8vWFJOaUNrTU90UT09

Meeting ID: 838 6849 4156
Passcode: fp01wy

Can't be there,  it's too late for me (because I'm working very early tomorrow)

I was just thinking that we could take some of the hearts flag we had at the heaven tour in Bercy on board

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dcdeb said:
It's Zoom Time!

Topic: MFC - October in Paris

Let's talk about 23-24 October!
The MFC Tour Boat and more!

TODAY! 20 September 2021

8pm UK
9pm Central Europe

Join Zoom Meeting

Can I be there even if I am not a the concert?

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:
It's Zoom Time!

Topic: MFC - October in Paris

Let's talk about 23-24 October!
The MFC Tour Boat and more!

TODAY! 20 September 2021

8pm UK
9pm Central Europe

Join Zoom Meeting

Sorry Deb, I have to leave and I don’t understand verry well. And maybe you just talk about the boat. If Mika comes please let me know on my email. Thank you 😘

I'm sorry, I was too lazy to connect my camera for the Zoom meeting (I have a PC and I disconnect the webcam while I don't use it because I'm paranoid :lmfao:) and also I have a cold so I was just listening today... But regarding the schedule, I don't know if I would like to travel to the northern part of Paris for a brunch on Saturday as I'm not staying at the Mercure. However, if there would be a gathering before the gig in the late afternoon/evening, I'm ready to come. Btw, if anybody wants to join me on Friday or Saturday for sightseeing (nothing in particular, just a regular city walk if the weather is nice enough of course), I'd be very happy and I don't have a problem with swapping phone numbers. :original:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, carafon said:

Can't be there,  it's too late for me (because I'm working very early tomorrow)

I was just thinking that we could take some of the hearts flag we had at the heaven tour in Bercy on board

That's a cute idea! I don't have anything like that, and we don't really have a lot of time to decorate, but I was thinking we might want to have something on board.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I'm sorry, I was too lazy to connect my camera for the Zoom meeting (I have a PC and I disconnect the webcam while I don't use it because I'm paranoid :lmfao:) and also I have a cold so I was just listening today... But regarding the schedule, I don't know if I would like to travel to the northern part of Paris for a brunch on Saturday as I'm not staying at the Mercure. However, if there would be a gathering before the gig in the late afternoon/evening, I'm ready to come. Btw, if anybody wants to join me on Friday or Saturday for sightseeing (nothing in particular, just a regular city walk if the weather is nice enough of course), I'd be very happy and I don't have a problem with swapping phone numbers. :original:

Would the city walk take in the patisseries? :biggrin2: :lol3:

Sounds good, I'd like to do that. It'd be a useful way to get our bearings in a new city. I was planning on having some time for a walk around. :original:

• Like 3

Ah I didn't see for the Zoom. I suppose you will tell it here if we make a fan action or a meeting, so I will just quietly wait.

As for my plans before the concert, there's not much time of travel in train between where I live and Paris, and I don't want my father to take some days off for my own caprice so normally, we will only take the train on the saturday morning and arrive at Paris around noon. Excepted if there's a strike or I don't know what who make there isn't trains, so we will come the friday.  Then, the afternoon, if the train isn't late, (but it would be a big, big late) I plan to go to visit the national museum of natural history because not only I always wanted to visit it, but it would be very useful for my studies. Plus, I already made a full sightseeing in Paris at a school trip and the museum in on the same metro line that the Philharmonie, the train station and the hotel. 

I would love to make the boat trip the sunday, though, but I can't. And of course, I hope we will see each others before the concert, or after if we wait, or when we return at the hotel, since I don't think I will be alone at the Mercure... :original:

• Like 2

9/20/21 ZOOM RECAP

For those of you who weren't on the MFC Zoom call yesterday, I thought I would just sum up for you what was discussed. (Those of you who were on the call, please let me know if I've forgotten something or gotten it wrong.)

* The MFC Tour Boat is set for Sunday, 24 October 2021. Departure time will be 3 p.m. so if you are attending you will need to arrive at least 15 minutes before that. We will be sailing with Vedettes de Paris and departing from the quay located near the foot of the Eiffel Tower. The boat ride will be 1 hour long, and there will be food available for purchase on the quay or on the boat. The boat company should be able to arrange for us to pre-purchase food that will then be brought on the boat to save us time waiting in queue. Details for this are being worked out and will be announced soon.

* A Saturday fan gathering was discussed at length. Some fans have been in touch with a cafe located near the venue, and also the Hotel Mercure, where many fans are staying, to determine whether they have a space where we could hold either a breakfast or lunch. Realizing that many may not want to incur additional expenses, alternatives were discussed, such as finding an open park where we could gather, bringing our own food/drink. This idea depends on good weather, so a "Plan B" (bad weather) option is also necessary.

* Pre-concert drinks somewhere before the Saturday night concert -- near or at the venue?

* A method for staying in touch during the weekend was also discussed. Options include:

-- posting on mikafanclub.com

-- creating a WhatsApp group

-- creating a private group on Instagram

-- creating a special/private Instagram account

-- creating a special Twitter account

I haven't yet decided what the best option is -- maybe we'll need a combination of these, so that no one is left out.

* Other items:

-- It would be nice to have a way to identify each other, as not everyone will have an MFC badge -- name tags/stickers.

-- Decorations for the boat? Not sure whether we will be able to do much, as we are only sailing for 1 hour.

We did not get around to discussing flowers/gift for Mika yet, but we should! I will start another thread for that.

This is what I think my tentative schedule for the weekend will be here -- obviously it is subject to change. If you all have ideas for how I might fill it in, please let me know!

FRIDAY - 22 OCT

7:30am: Fans start arriving to Paris (at least, that's when I arrive!)

LUNCH

DINNER

-------------------------------------------------------

SATURDAY - 23 OCT

BREAKFAST/LUNCH - Possible Fan Gathering?

AFTERNOON - Sightseeing around Paris

7pm - Drinks before concert?

8:30pm - MIKA!

11pm - Post-concert drinks/snacks?

SUNDAY - 24 OCT

BREAKFAST

LUNCH

2:30pm Meet at Vedettes de Paris Quay

3pm MFC Tour Boat sails the Seine!

4pm Disembark and socialize

5pm Dinner and prepare for concert

7pm Drinks before concert?

8:30pm MIKA!

11pm Post-concert drinks/snacks?

MONDAY - 25 OCT

BREAKFAST - Farewells?

AFTERNOON - Sightseeing around Paris (if anyone wants to join me!)

DINNER

TUESDAY - 26 OCT

MORNING - Return to reality...

• Like 12

I just read that there'll be a very special art exhibition in Paris from tomorrow for a few months, with a private Russian collection of works from artists like Van Gogh, Monet, Matisse, Picasso, etc.. I might prefer that to regular sightseeing if there's time... but maybe the weekend is too full, and ofc I mainly want to spend time with MFCers - anyway wanted to post about it here, maybe some of you would be interested? https://www.fondationlouisvuitton.fr/en/events/icones-de-lart-moderne-la-collection-morozov 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

9/20/21 ZOOM RECAP

For those of you who weren't on the MFC Zoom call yesterday, I thought I would just sum up for you what was discussed. (Those of you who were on the call, please let me know if I've forgotten something or gotten it wrong.)

* The MFC Tour Boat is set for Sunday, 24 October 2021. Departure time will be 3 p.m. so if you are attending you will need to arrive at least 15 minutes before that. We will be sailing with Vedettes de Paris and departing from the quay located near the foot of the Eiffel Tower. The boat ride will be 1 hour long, and there will be food available for purchase on the quay or on the boat. The boat company should be able to arrange for us to pre-purchase food that will then be brought on the boat to save us time waiting in queue. Details for this are being worked out and will be announced soon.

* A Saturday fan gathering was discussed at length. Some fans have been in touch with a cafe located near the venue, and also the Hotel Mercure, where many fans are staying, to determine whether they have a space where we could hold either a breakfast or lunch. Realizing that many may not want to incur additional expenses, alternatives were discussed, such as finding an open park where we could gather, bringing our own food/drink. This idea depends on good weather, so a "Plan B" (bad weather) option is also necessary.

* Pre-concert drinks somewhere before the Saturday night concert -- near or at the venue?

* A method for staying in touch during the weekend was also discussed. Options include:

I haven't yet decided what the best option is -- maybe we'll need a combination of these, so that no one is left out.

* Other items:

-- It would be nice to have a way to identify each other, as not everyone will have an MFC badge -- name tags/stickers.

-- Decorations for the boat? Not sure whether we will be able to do much, as we are only sailing for 1 hour.

We did not get around to discussing flowers/gift for Mika yet, but we should! I will start another thread for that.

This is what I think my tentative schedule for the weekend will be here -- obviously it is subject to change. If you all have ideas for how I might fill it in, please let me know!

SATURDAY - 23 OCT

Thank for the infos ! A pre or post concert drink would be perfect for me, for seeing you all ! But of course, I'm not alone ! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

22 hours ago, Hero said:

Would the city walk take in the patisseries? :biggrin2: :lol3:

Sounds good, I'd like to do that. It'd be a useful way to get our bearings in a new city. I was planning on having some time for a walk around. :original:

I don't know yet when I will be in Paris on Friday. But I guess around 5pm/6pm. I would like to join you in the evening if that's ok. :original:

5 hours ago, mellody said:

I just read that there'll be a very special art exhibition in Paris from tomorrow for a few months, with a private Russian collection of works from artists like Van Gogh, Monet, Matisse, Picasso, etc.. I might prefer that to regular sightseeing if there's time... but maybe the weekend is too full, and ofc I mainly want to spend time with MFCers - anyway wanted to post about it here, maybe some of you would be interested? https://www.fondationlouisvuitton.fr/en/events/icones-de-lart-moderne-la-collection-morozov 

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Another interesting place is Atelier de la Lumiere (the same place where Mika was present for his Lotus tissues promo).

One of fans was there a few days ago and she posted fantastic videos.

Here is her Instagram post.

The exposition is based on Dali and Gaudi artworks.

https://www.atelier-lumieres.com/

Apart from Mika's concerts and the boat trip, I have nothing planned so far. I will probably be where other fans are. I don't really want to visit classic sights like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre because I've already seen them. Then rather something like this, because I haven't seen that yet. :original: But I probably still prefer to just hang out somewhere spontaneously with fans. :biggrin2:

I have to check out on Monday by 11 a.m. at the latest, but theoretically I could stay in Paris after check-out on Monday. And theoretically I could stay some days more because I have a week's holiday.

• Like 2

OK, multiquote isn't working properly for me today.

But I wanted to say that I want to spend lots of time with MFCers AND I want to see the city, because, as I mentioned the other day, I haven't been to Paris in actual decades!  :old:

But I am staying until Tuesday, so I could sightsee on my own on Monday. I don't need to go to the Louvre, but I would like to see the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre and... well, I just want to be a tourist, I guess. But maybe I could take a bus -- a TOUR BUS! -- on Monday and do it all then!

So I am fairly flexible Friday through Sunday for sure.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

But I wanted to say that I want to spend lots of time with MFCers AND I want to see the city, because, as I mentioned the other day, I haven't been to Paris in actual decades!  :old:

But I am staying until Tuesday, so I could sightsee on my own on Monday. I don't need to go to the Louvre, but I would like to see the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre and... well, I just want to be a tourist, I guess. But maybe I could take a bus -- a TOUR BUS! -- on Monday and do it all then!

Deb, it's my first time in Paris, so I'd like to do the basic tourist stuff too. I'm staying until Wednesday, so give me a shout if you want company. :thumb_yello:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I don't know yet when I will be in Paris on Friday. But I guess around 5pm/6pm. I would like to join you in the evening if that's ok. :original:

Of course! We'll have to work out a meeting time/place, and where we want to eat (and probably reserve a table). You and @giraffeandy have been in Paris before, so I'm open to suggestions. 

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I have to check out on Monday by 11 a.m. at the latest, but theoretically I could stay in Paris after check-out on Monday. And theoretically I could stay some days more because I have a week's holiday.

I arrive at Gare du Nord on Friday at 2pm, and leave on Wednesday at 1pm. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hero said:

Of course! We'll have to work out a meeting time/place, and where we want to eat (and probably reserve a table). You and @giraffeandy have been in Paris before, so I'm open to suggestions. 

I've never been to Paris. :biggrin2:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

It will be my third time in Paris but my only proper one as the last two trips were for mika things and I was there for only 23 hours each time and literally just saw the hotel room and the airport:lmfao: Sightseeing would be so fun! but I would also love to meet everyone and get to know people! I'm staying from friday to monday although i'm not sure quite when I will be leaving on monday yet but everything sounds great so far! (thank you so much for organising this all!)

• Like 4

^^

6 hours ago, Hero said:

Don't count too much on me. :teehee: I've worked a little bit outside of Paris (Levallois-Perret) and only ate there in restaurants during the lunch break. Otherwise I ate at the woman's house where I lived. And when I did sighseeing, I ate things that I had bought in the supermarket beforehand. :wink2: That's why I probably won't know so well where to eat in the arrondissement where we'll be. :teehee: However, we will find something. :thumb_yello:

And the meeting point depends on which part of town you want to visit. :dunno_grin:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dcdeb said:

9/20/21 ZOOM RECAP

* Other items:

FRIDAY - 22 OCT

7:30am: Fans start arriving to Paris (at least, that's when I arrive!)

LUNCH

DINNER

SATURDAY - 23 OCT

SUNDAY - 24 OCT

BREAKFAST

LUNCH

2:30pm Meet at Vedettes de Paris Quay

3pm MFC Tour Boat sails the Seine!

4pm Disembark and socialize

5pm Dinner and prepare for concert

7pm Drinks before concert?

8:30pm MIKA!

11pm Post-concert drinks/snacks?

MONDAY - 25 OCT

BREAKFAST - Farewells?

AFTERNOON - Sightseeing around Paris (if anyone wants to join me!)

DINNER

TUESDAY - 26 OCT

MORNING - Return to reality...

Hi Deb, hi everybody!
First of all I want to thank you for all the tremendous work you're doing to organize a dream weekend in Paris that is going to be unforgettable for all of us.

Me and my friend @Grazia Simonewill be arriving in Paris by train on Friday 22nd around 4:30PM and we'll be leaving on Monday 25th around 2:30PM from Gare de Lyon.

Since it's going to be our very first time in Paris, we've booked a hotel which is quite central and close to the Champs Elysées area. Of course, we'd love to go sightseeing around... (also because, for some personal reasons, I don't think we'll have many other chances to visit Paris in the future).
At the same time, we'd love to meet and get to know as many MFCers as possible! But I guess we can socialize during meals or before/after the shows.
So, we'd love to join you from time to time, let's say, from dinner on Friday until the aftershow on Sunday (I'm not sure about lunch on Monday, since we have to leave...).
But we'll hopefully meet and get to spend some time together!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Just be aware that every saturday afternoon there are demonstrations against the sanitary pass , the vaccin , the masks .......and many other things.....

It's far less violent than the yellow vest protests used to be (even  basically almost the same people are involved) , but it may be difficult to go to some places .

You should ask Parisian people what places you'd better avoid at that time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2