Tour rumours 2021/2022

mellody

6 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Symphonic concert in the UK please!!! :pray:

After Mika was Birmingham I remembered that there's a philharmonic concert hall there, it could be why he was there! 

There's also the Leeds philharmonic society and the Glasgow Philharmonia youth choir (plus all male choir too!).

Didn't he mention that he would love to do a philharmonic/symphonic world tour? 

I've never been to one before and it would be a dream if Mika did a concert like that here! :cloud:

Ohhh I truly hope it’s connected!! But why would he go with the 100 voices of gospel and not the Stella Maris choir like at the Paris Philharmonic? (Then again: why didn’t he go with 100 voices of gospel back then? :dunno_grin:)

• Like 2

Well, Mika was talking about something symphonic before the pandemic.

100 Voices - it can be symphonic as well as a pop music.

But as they put a part of the Versailles concert in the post I would rather think about the classical music.

I don't know if it can be connected with the Tehu soundtrack. But with Mika you never know :lol3:

We have to be patient. Which we are used to (Mikasoon!!!!!) :lol3:

In the UK he was with Geraldine and his gig outfits so it was about recording. 

I would prefer to see some live events. I want to travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Ohhh I truly hope it’s connected!!

I hope so!... but now there's rumours that he might perform at the Stade de France again for the rugby World Cup next year with the 100 voices gospel choir.

His performance last time was amazing but I'm not sure he'd do it again :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I hope so!... but now there's rumours that he might perform at the Stade de France again for the rugby World Cup next year with the 100 voices gospel choir.

His performance last time was amazing but I'm not sure he'd do it again :dunno:

Oh, where did you hear about 100 Voices at Stade de France? I've read about choir groups for which Mika is an ambasador. And MAYBE Mika performing at Rugby finals. But still just rumors.

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

where did you hear about 100 Voices at Stade de France?

There was a French article that mentioned Mika could be performing again next year, but it did come across very gossipy I think it was written by a journalist who's simply a fan of Mika. The idea of the choir joining him for the rugby World Cup is floating around on twitter. 😅

To be honest until something is confirmed for definite by Mika or his team I always take these rumours with a pinch if salt! 

Saying that though, I can't help but discuss them myself! 😅

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that the Gospel was supposed to be part of the show in Verona  in 2020 before it was cancelled because of the pandemic.

Maybe they'll be there for the big shows during the magic piano tour ?

• Like 3

I think the rumours about Stade de France come from this article: https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/melee-des-choeurs ... but it's a question of interpretation if Mika means by "involved" that he'll perform. Maybe he'll work together with the 100 Voices of Gospel to train the choirs? I don't even know if that website is official.

Btw, iirc the first time the 100 Voices of Gospel performed with him was in Bercy 2019, so they don't necessarily have anything to do with symphonic gigs. And as they're based in France, I suppose it will be a French project. I read somewhere that Mika said at the Toulon gig that he's planning a tour in France for next year. Tho they also were on a tour through Europe, part of which got cancelled because of Covid. Maybe they weren't available for Mika's symphonic gigs - or he just needed the choir to sound a certain way to match the symphonic orchestra, it's different to the stripped down version in Versailles, if you want the orchestra to sound big it might be distracting to have a big sounding gospel choir with it. 

In any case, there's a lot of possibilities, I certainly wouldn't hold my breath that it's anything that goes beyond France. He'll have to promote his French album there. :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mellody said:

Btw, iirc the first time the 100 Voices of Gospel performed with him was in Bercy 2019,

It was in October 2019 when they performed together in The Voice kids.

I post the link just for a pleasure to see Mika with his curls and the tight trousers on stage :cloud:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

And as they're based in France, I suppose it will be a French project.

My thoughts as well, I doubt he'd travel with such a big choir around the Europe.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I post the link just for a pleasure to see Mika with his curls and the tight trousers on stage :cloud:

Thanks, I had forgotten about this performance, brings back so many emotions to watch it now! :wub2: And Dear Jealousy is such an amazing song, I miss it! Especially with the choir. It's even one of my daughter's fave songs, she recently started asking for it when I have MNIMH on the car stereo. :teehee: 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh I love this song, especially with the choir! Very excited to see they are working together again, whatever the project is, they just sound great together.

Little off topic, but with this outfit he looks SO TALL. I know that he is tall (hence I stood next to him on stage, I just didn’t dare look up… there was only a little girl next to me to hide behind :facepalm:), but optically with his current stage outfit it’s just not that… obvious! I guess!?

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The 100voicesofgospel choir posted on Instagram a short video from the Versailles concert with a note that a great news will be announced soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChzOEb7I2qU/

"Throwback to this incredible moment singing “Happy Ending” with @mikainstagram and @idafalkwinland at Opera de Versailles

For @cultureboxftv

We have some big news for this new upcoming year and we can’t wait to share them with you all…❤️"

I asked them if the project concerns Mika and they confirmed!!!!!

"oui oui ce sera avec lui,on vous en dira plus bientôt " - Yes, it will be with him. Soon we will give you more details.

image.thumb.png.d68f6740ffebdda57597262081cca734.png

They post a new IG story.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Lol, as if they read MFC and are now saying "Hey, we didn't just do stuff in France with Mika!" :roftl: Anyway true, this was another performance I didn't remember. Maybe he'll be presenting Sanremo next year? It wouldn't surprise me, with everything he's doing. But if he's presenting, he wouldn't need a choir for that. Maybe performing there again together?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But they say it's for the next year.

Lot of time to fantizise about it then .....:lalala:

Edited by carafon
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, mellody said:

Lol, as if they read MFC and are now saying "Hey, we didn't just do stuff in France with Mika!" :roftl: Anyway true, this was another performance I didn't remember. Maybe he'll be presenting Sanremo next year? It wouldn't surprise me, with everything he's doing. But if he's presenting, he wouldn't need a choir for that. Maybe performing there again together?

Amadeus ( who you see in the clip) is hosting Sanremo Song Festival again. So far the blogger Chiara Ferragni and the singer Gianni Morandi have been announced as co-hosts. I think it's more likely that Mika will perform with a song from his  new album.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, carafon said:

Bad joke but..... The choir at the magic piano tour's theory is back...... :naughty::teehee:

It is always better to take things with a sense of humor. There are worse things. :naughty:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

It's a private dinner for the Fondation Price Albert II in Monaco.

As there is no yearly gala this year they decided to collect money for the Foundation.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It's a private dinner for the Fondation Price Albert II in Monaco.

As there is no yearly gala this year they decided to collect money for the Foundation.

So Mika is going there only for dinner? 

• 3 weeks later...