Tour rumours 2021/2022

mellody

I'm happy that we can have a tour rumours thread again! :wub2:

First unconfirmed gig is a ski opening in French ski resort Vars on December 11: https://www.vars.com/ete/evenements/vars-en-scene 

It's not confirmed, but so exciting that it looks as if things might finally start happening again. :excite:

• Like 8

If Mika's feeling confident enough to do these gigs in France then I really hope he is thinking about touring again. Even if it means waiting until next summer before he truly starts again around Europe it would be worth the wait to know if he's going to come back to the UK. I miss him so much! 

Even with the covid restrictions and also issues with visas (Brexit :annoyed:) I can't see him missing the UK off his list, even if it is just London again. I definitely wouldn't miss a concert next time! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

If Mika's feeling confident enough to do these gigs in France then I really hope he is thinking about touring again. Even if it means waiting until next summer before he truly starts again around Europe it would be worth the wait to know if he's going to come back to the UK. I miss him so much! 

Even with the covid restrictions and also issues with visas (Brexit :annoyed:) I can't see him missing the UK off his list, even if it is just London again. I definitely wouldn't miss a concert next time! 

Tbh, I don't think Mika is going to start a new tour before releasing his next album... Especially since he officially "gave up" on the Revelation Tour and destroyed the stage set. Maybe he will do some festivals (that's indeed possible as many of them were postponed) but I don't expect a whole tour. However, I could be wrong of course (and I'd be really glad to be wrong this time). :biggrin2:

• Like 6

9 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Tbh, I don't think Mika is going to start a new tour before releasing his next album... Especially since he officially "gave up" on the Revelation Tour and destroyed the stage set. Maybe he will do some festivals (that's indeed possible as many of them were postponed) but I don't expect a whole tour. However, I could be wrong of course (and I'd be really glad to be wrong this time). :biggrin2:

I hope for festivals not only in Italy and France. Mika dear you have fans all over the world. :biggrin2: 

• Like 2

He said in the interview for "Canal sat programm" that he will be very busy for the next 3 years and that he want and need to write new music ......so let's hope !

• Like 6

Even if a tour doesn't happen next year I would still be happy with Mika doing festivals. Leeds festival is happening right now, it always falls close to my birthday and it's only a 30 drive from me!, if Mika did that festival next year (not sure if he's ever done it before?), I honestly don't know what I would do. Cry. A LOT. Probably... :naughty:

It's my dream as well to go to Glastonbury, I've never been. I know Mika has done that one before so maybe he'd like to come back? 🤔 

I just hope we don't have to wait too long for new music and he keeps his promises about being busy! :biggrin2:

• Like 3

I remember Mika saying on an Instagram Live in 2019 that he was planning a special one-off gig in London in 2020.  Obviously, this never happened due to the pandemic, but I wonder if he will do anything like that in London next year?

It's possible that he won't tour, but it would be nice to see him do a one-off gig in the UK that I could go to.  I'm sure many fans would appreciate it!

Anyway, it's so great to see him doing shows again! :cheer:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Even if a tour doesn't happen next year I would still be happy with Mika doing festivals. Leeds festival is happening right now, it always falls close to my birthday and it's only a 30 drive from me!, if Mika did that festival next year (not sure if he's ever done it before?), I honestly don't know what I would do. Cry. A LOT. Probably... :naughty:

It's my dream as well to go to Glastonbury, I've never been. I know Mika has done that one before so maybe he'd like to come back? 🤔 

I just hope we don't have to wait too long for new music and he keeps his promises about being busy! :biggrin2:

Unfortunately the problem is always the same with festivals and gigs: if they are not interested in Mika, they won't request him, no matter how much he would like to go :no:  At least he can rely on demands in France and Italy, otherwise I imagine the situation would probably be quite sad..

• Sad 1

I am beyond excited that he is doing shows. Since it’s been shared on social media also by the MFC, I think it means that he will actually do the show on the 11th of December in Vars. 

Contemplating on making it a longer weekend, so that I can go down the slopes maybe once or twice. Two loves of mine combined: skiing and Mika. I can’t believe it :pbjt:

(Is there a pandemic? Yes there is, but like a wise man said… “who gives a s**t about tomorrow”. We will worry then!)

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I am beyond excited that he is doing shows. Since it’s been shared on social media also by the MFC, I think it means that he will actually do the show on the 11th of December in Vars. 

Contemplating on making it a longer weekend, so that I can go down the slopes maybe once or twice. Two loves of mine combined: skiing and Mika. I can’t believe it :pbjt:

(Is there a pandemic? Yes there is, but like a wise man said… “who gives a s**t about tomorrow”. We will worry then!)

Unless you definately want to go  skiing  be carefull till Mika confirm the show

He was supposed to be in Verbier a few years ago ........

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, carafon said:

Unless you definately want to go  skiing  be carefull till Mika confirm the show

You are very right, I reserved something that I can cancel up to 14 days beforehand. Hopefully by then he has either confirmed or denied it 🙃

• Like 2

Can we not have any negativity in this thread? I'd rather focus and believe in what concerts that Mika can or could do rather than thinking that he won't do something. 

@Prisca maybe you could practice some summoning spells with the magic whispering wand? :biggrin2:

I will focus on a summoning circle! 

🕯 

🕯       MIKA.    🕯 
🕯                      🕯 
               🕯 

sketch-1630154354437.thumb.png.0fb39f3370ddf2dd8791c8dc975b9606.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Haha. :lol3:

Who said he would do there a gig and why?

He was announced by the station for a gig at the top of a slope around Easter time  ,but I  don't remember  why .......

Just for pleasure probably :biggrin2:

Edited by carafon
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carafon said:

@prisca Many fans went to Verbier (paying) because that place advertised that Mika would do a gig there but it was never confirmed by Mika's team or Mika so it was a lie so at the last minute some other singer was there...

That was a few years ago and it had happened before so we never take anything for granted until Mika or his team makes it official.

So it's really best to wait till anything is official or make sure you can cancel a trip and a hotel room easily and without losing money  if you have planned to go and nothing happens.

@Prisca

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, carafon said:

He said in the interview for "Canal sat programm" that he will be very busy for the next 3 years and that he want and need to write new music ......so let's hope !

Yes!!! I just read it as well!! 

What does it mean? Is he composing for himself? For others? Both??? Is he setting up a show? Or a tour?

Sooooo many questions!!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

I remember Mika saying on an Instagram Live in 2019 that he was planning a special one-off gig in London in 2020.  Obviously, this never happened due to the pandemic, but I wonder if he will do anything like that in London next year?

It's possible that he won't tour, but it would be nice to see him do a one-off gig in the UK that I could go to.  I'm sure many fans would appreciate it!

Anyway, it's so great to see him doing shows again! :cheer:

Hi. Why he can’t see news about Mika in Facebook?

5 hours ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

I remember Mika saying on an Instagram Live in 2019 that he was planning a special one-off gig in London in 2020.  

I remember him saying that too and I was getting so excited until covid put a stop to everything. I always wondered if he was planning to do a surprise ending to his Revelation Tour, perhaps at one of the opera theatres in London? Maybe even collaborate with the London Philharmonic Orchestra 🤔

With his symphonic concerts coming up in Paris, who knows, maybe this is a future possibility for Mika!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 1:31 PM, mellody said:

I'm happy that we can have a tour rumours thread again! :wub2:

First unconfirmed gig is a ski opening in French ski resort Vars on December 11: https://www.vars.com/ete/evenements/vars-en-scene 

It's not confirmed, but so exciting that it looks as if things might finally start happening again. :excite:

• Like 2

On 8/28/2021 at 1:00 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Yes, Deb said the gig in Vars is supposed to happen, BUT also that December is still far away and as we all know Covid infection numbers usually are rising in winter, so we can't rely on it happening. So IF you book anything, make sure it's possible to cancel without costs. The gig itself is free.

And guys, this thread is for actual tour rumours, not for chatting about what you wish or think Mika might do... the occasional post about that is ok if it refers to something he said, but please don't turn this into a chat thread. Thanks. ;)

• Like 3