Who's Gonna Love Me Now? - Song and Lyrics Discussion

dcdeb

Although Mika has said he's written it for a movie character, I still wonder if part of it is autobiographical. Some things don't make sense, like that line with the on switch, if he had written the song in the last 2 months it would fit , but I think for a movie he must've written it earlier, and also I think/hope that he is able to relax too and knows where his limits are, so it's not "self-destruct". About not even taking his own advice, muchless someone else's, well that line might be from his own experience... :teehee: But the chorus, I'm sure he knows meanwhile that he's loved by a lot of people. The first part of the 2nd verse doesn't make sense for him either, I think - maybe sometimes he puts the fun before the work and before his health, but as he said himself, he has the discipline to show up for work, even after a long party night, otherwise he wouldn't be where he is today. The part about the new ones on the scene makes me think again of things he said. So I suppose it's like, he wrote it about a movie character, but he knows about some of those things from his own experience, if that makes sense? :dunno_grin: In the past he surely lived through some of this. "Who's gonna have me just to love me", "is this the price we pay for too much fun", the topics aren't new.

I have to get used to the fact that these lyrics are about a fictional character (that he hasn't invented himself) ... guess that's why I'm looking for parallels, tho I wouldn't like a song about self-destruction and putting the fun at the top of everything to be about him. But I like it if he shares his story and his own thoughts and feelings in his songs, that's why I'm not super excited about this one, tho it's really beautiful. 

Anyway will be interesting to hear what scene of the movie the song represents, so those who can watch it, please keep us updated when it's out. :)

• Like 2

I have to say I like this song more than Yoyo! Today in the morning I had the urge to listen to the song and that's exactly the feeling I was missing with Yoyo. 

On 6/13/2022 at 10:51 PM, dcdeb said:

I've been up and down spinning 'round

Yo-yo never hit the ground

It's just the name of the game

You can tell me once, tell me twice

Go and take my own advice

I got no one to blame

This part in the very beginning is SO catchy, I wish there would be another part like that in the song. 

I know it's a sad song but to me it feels somehow comforting. I really like his voice in it. This song definitely gives me the Mika vibes I'm still missing in Yoyo.

I had to laugh when he said in the interview something like "don't blame me if I mix up the lyrics, it's the first time I'm performing this song"... YES MIKA, OBVIOUSLY, YOU WOULD NEVER MIX UP THE LYRICS OF YOUR OLD SONGS! :lmfao:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I know it's a sad song but to me it feels somehow comforting. I really like his voice in it. This song definitely gives me the Mika vibes I'm still missing in Yoyo.

Agree with you on every word, it is comforting and the tempo is very soothing, also his voice goes along with the melody in that particular way that makes you recognize his style from the first second. Not sure what made me more emotional: the lyrics and the melody of the song, or the fact that I can hear something so different from Yoyo :aah:

42 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I had to laugh when he said in the interview something like "don't blame me if I mix up the lyrics, it's the first time I'm performing this song"... YES MIKA, OBVIOUSLY, YOU WOULD NEVER MIX UP THE LYRICS OF YOUR OLD SONGS! :lmfao:

:lmfao:

• Like 3

Billly Porter posts

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce3anvjLx5P/

So excited to share the Anything's Possible movie poster with you! AND Did someone say summer jams? 🎶

Get ready for the #AnythingsPossible possible soundtrack ft. 🔥 songs from @Mika, @joyoladokun, @mjrodriguez7, and more including three new songs from yours truly! Both are out 7/22.

Full tracklist:
Impossible Is Possible – Billy Porter, Shea Diamond
1,2,3 Days up – Kim Petras & Sophie
But I Like It – Billy Porter
12345 – Em Beihold
Candy Cigarette – Michaela Jae
I Want Love (twocolors Remix) – Billy Porter & Jessie J
Chocolate – Kiana Lede & Ari Lennox
Flamingo – DNCE
Future Starts Now – Kim Petras
Moons – Brittany Campbell
Girls Like Us – Zoe Wees
Who’s Gonna Love Me Now – MIKA
That’s How God Made Me – Joy Oladokun
Sunshine – Tassia Zappia
Patience – Ryland James
We – Billy Porter

@anythingismovie
@tranterjustin

Twitter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

‘Anything’s Possible’ Soundtrack Album Details

Posted: June 16, 2022 by filmmusicreporter in Film Music Albums

The details of the soundtrack album for the coming-of-age comedy drama Anything’s Possible have been revealed.

The album features the songs from the movie by artists including Billy Porter (who has made his feature directorial debut on the project), Kim Petras, Em Beihold, Michaela Jaé Rodriguez, Kiana Ledé, DNCE, Joy Oladokun, MIKA, Brittany Campbell, Tassia Zappia, Ryland James & others.

The soundtrack will be released digitally on July 22 by Republic Records.

Check back on this page for the pre-order link.

Anything’s Possible is directed by Porter  and stars Eva Reign, Abubakr Ali and Renée Elise Goldsberry. The movie revolves around a confident high school girl who is trans as she navigates through senior year and musters up the courage to ask her classmate out. The dramedy will premiere on July 22 exclusively on Prime Video.

1. Impossible Is Possible – Billy Porter & Shea Diamond (2:47)
2. 1,2,3 dayz up (feat. SOPHIE) – Kim Petras (3:33)
3. But I Like It – Billy Porter (3:12)
4. 1-2-3-4-5 – Em Beihold (2:44)
5. Candy Cigarette – Michaela Jaé Rodriguez (2:22)
6. I Want Love (twocolors Remix) (feat. twocolors) – Jessie J & Billy Porter (3:21)
7. Chocolate. (feat. Ari Lennox) – Kiana Ledé (3:07)
8. Flamingo – DNCE (2:42)
9. Future Starts Now – Kim Petras (4:39)
10. Moons – Brittany Campbell (2:46)
11. Girls Like Us – Zoe Wees (3:10)
12. Who’s Gonna Love Me Now – MIKA (3:27)
13. That’s How God Made Me – Joy Oladokun (3:15)
14. Sunshine – Tassia Zappia (3:47)
15. Patience – Ryland James (2:53)
16. We – Billy Porter (2:47)

va-39.thumb.jpg.9079945bab5c415ef0f1e15f41b380cb.jpg

• Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Thanks a million for this link Eriko :flowers2: :hug:

I think I'll wait and buy Mika's track on July once it's available :original:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

This is such a beautiful song, so heartfelt and emotional. His performance on the Take Pride show was so touching, it made me cry. It's perfectly suited to his voice and style. ❤

• Like 4

On 6/13/2022 at 9:51 PM, dcdeb said:

Sold my halo for some one

Who needs wings when they're less fun

So during the gig in London I understood this as :

Who needs wings when feathers fall....

This makes sens. Especially when Mika explained that this is a song describing an older man who could have any woman and now he is staring at a mirror thinking about who will love him when he becomes older and not handsome anymore...

• Like 3

On release day, July 22nd, would it be a bit odd to get #YayWayne trending? 

At the London gig Wayne Hector was there, the co-writer of the song, when Mika mentioned this someone in the audience shouted "Yay Wayne!" and Mika said it back, he thanked Wayne too.

Without Wayne's lyrics we wouldn't have such a beautiful song, it would be a nice touch for him on release day to get #YayWayne trending and for Mika to remember his performance at the Roundhouse! 🙂

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

On release day, July 22nd, would it be a bit odd to get #YayWayne trending? 

At the London gig Wayne Hector was there, the co-writer of the song, when Mika mentioned this someone in the audience shouted "Yay Wayne!" and Mika said it back, he thanked Wayne too.

Without Wayne's lyrics we wouldn't have such a beautiful song, it would be a nice touch for him on release day to get #YayWayne trending and for Mika to remember his performance at the Roundhouse! 🙂

I prefer #whosgonnalovemenow

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Without Wayne's lyrics we wouldn't have such a beautiful song

For me what makes this song beautiful is Mika, if another artist would sing those lyrics, wouldn't be the same :original:

• Like 2