Feels like Fire - Song and Lyrics Discussion

dcdeb

7 minutes ago, silver said:

It's not a secret, but it is going to be commercially available  (:pray: ), and as a soundtrack is subject to copyright.

I understand, we will have to wait until it will be released on some platform probably, and listen to it on private till then :original:

• Like 3

I'm shocked. I came here to read reviews of the song. Instead I end up reading a lot of dirty innuendo, and exhortation of criminal activity!! :shocked:

I'm proud of you guys. I wasn't even here. :lol3: (But seriously, how are you not all in the NC?)

• Haha 7

I was gonna say, I should send all of you to NC for turning this innocent camel song and thread into... something else ;)

No, I actually agree, before watching the movie I was 99% sure that this was gonna be a song for his album cause the title and chorus alone sound kinda sexy.

But it is a beautiful song with a verse that's more melancholic ballad and a chorus that is upbeat and hopeful. It matches the mood of the movie perfectly.

And during the scene where the song sets in there isn't just love between Zodie and Tehu but also some camel/camel love, so primal love isn't so far off I suppose. Lots of love in this movie anyway!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I was gonna say, I should send all of you to NC for turning this innocent camel song and thread into... something else ;)

Seconded! :biggrin2:

7 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

And during the scene where the song sets in there isn't just love between Zodie and Tehu but also some camel/camel love, so primal love isn't so far off I suppose.

I... didn't realise it was that kind of movie. :lmfao:

• Haha 6

54 minutes ago, krysady said:

Yet the song was publicly presented to the audience today, so it's not quite a secret anymore :dunno_grin: 

I don't know if maybe we can discuss it, but posting it definitely is forbidden. Today's recordings aren't in good quality and were taken without permission, so everyone who worked on this song surely wouldn't want the public to hear those phone recordings first.

Imo they should have officially released the song today, to avoid this secrecy, but well, unfortunately that didn't happen. As Michelle said on Twitter, let's hope he releases it next week as an anniversary gift for MFC! :biggrin2: Or if he can't do that, play it for us on the MFC Insta live. :naughty: :cloud:  (yeah, I'm a dreamer. :dunno_grin:)

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Hero said:

I... didn't realise it was that kind of movie. :lmfao:

What he said about the soundtrack at the London gig, that camels don't talk and he has to do that with the music, gets an interesting meaning in that context. :lmfao:

• Haha 8

• mellody changed the title to Feels like Fire - Mika's title song from the Tehu Soundtrack
10 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I am trying to transcript the lyrics. I have the first part (Mika) so far what I can hear: 

Mika:

Whisper out your name

I’m on my fire 

Crawling on my skin

Oh my…. God

Underneath the sky

I feel cold

Now we’re anything 

You’ve got to hold

Love feels like fire

Every step it takes me higher

And your skin

What it’s for

Let the truth lead us to more

Your love

Feels like fire

(6x)

And if all the dust should fall

Upon my skin

Would it even let it all (?)

Just let me in

And I don’t care if the world 

Can see

From the desert to the ocean 

Let it all go down on me

So after another careful listen, I can hear the following so far: 

Feels Like Fire

Mika:

Whisper out your name

I’m on my fire 

Crawling on my skin

Oh my…. God

Underneath the sky

I feel cold

Now we’re anything 

You’ve got to hold

Love feels like fire

And your skin

What it’s for

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

And if all of this/the dust? should fall

Upon my skin

Would it even hurt at all 

Just let me in

Can see

Let it all pour down on me

Woman:

I right now (?) understand 

Someone might hear if I whisper

Air is so dry in our….(?) 

(Co? meaning)…?…. 

I hide between your shoulders

Together:

Love feels like fire

Owns my heart and takes me higher

And your words (?)

What they’re for

Hold me tight and never let me go

Your love

Feels like fire

(5x)

Upon my skin

Just let me in

Can see

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Thanks! I've talked with Deb and she thinks it's ok to post the lyrics, so I unhid your post. But ofc if we get different instructions, we might need to hide them again til the song is out.

11 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

And your words (?)

What they’re for

Here I understand something like "You're all I'm (it's?) burning for" ... but the woman is pretty hard to understand with her accent, so I'm not sure.

Anyway, I get why they duetted, it gives the song an Arabic touch, so it relates more to the movie. I suppose she's Arabic, from the way she sings.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

Here I understand something like "You're all I'm (it's?) burning for" ...

It would fit very well with the rest of the song, but to me there are parts that are inaudible, which makes it hard to get the gist of it :facepalm: 

You know what would be funny? If it’s something else completely and we both go like “HUH!?” Wouldn’t be a first time :lol3:

18 minutes ago, mellody said:

Anyway, I get why they duetted,

They sound really well together. My absolute favourite duet-partner for Mika is Eros Ramazzotti (they sound phenomenal together!), but this sounds really good as well. I wonder if they have recorded it together in the studio, or if they sang their parts separately and only merged them later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Feels Like Fire

Mika:

Whisper out your name

I’m on my fire 

Crawling on my skin

Oh my…. God

Underneath the sky

I feel cold

Now we’re anything 

You’ve got to hold

Love feels like fire

And your skin

What it’s for

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

Upon my skin

Just let me in

Can see

Woman:

I right now (?) understand 

Someone might hear if I whisper

Air is so dry in our….(?) 

(Co? meaning)…?…. 

I hide between your shoulders

Together:

Love feels like fire

Owns my heart and takes me higher

And your words (?)

What they’re for

Hold me tight and never let me go

Your love

Feels like fire

(5x)

Upon my skin

Just let me in

Can see

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

Your love

Feels like fire

(8x)

Thank you Michelle,

Definitely it's a conversation between two camels in love :thumb_yello:

Ha ha ha! But from what I've heard on the part of the audio Anne posted this song starts when the guy sais:

"Thank you my little boy. Thank you"   and then to his (?) tribe. "It's the day of peace!"

EDIT: it seems he sais "It's the day of feast" (fete instead of paix) Anyway it's about joy and happy moment.

And the tribal music and singing start to play.  And the songs starts to play.

For me it's a beautiful transition 

So for me it sounds very special. Like an anthem of love in any possible aspects.

BTW I think that the choirs in the background are not in English.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, mellody said:

I don't know if maybe we can discuss it, but posting it definitely is forbidden.

Yes, I guess discussing it won't hurt anyone.  It's similar to sharing our opinion about any other movie we've seen, it's not like we have to sign some privacy deal once we entered the cinema :aah:  We can talk about the storyline, dialogue, music, even the lyrics if someone happened to memorize them :teehee:

14 hours ago, mellody said:

Imo they should have officially released the song today, to avoid this secrecy, but well, unfortunately that didn't happen. As Michelle said on Twitter, let's hope he releases it next week as an anniversary gift for MFC!

Or maybe they will wait until February 2023?

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 11:53 PM, silver said:

It's not a secret, but it is going to be commercially available  (:pray: ), and as a soundtrack is subject to copyright.

"Sharing copyrighted material - Any Mika-related material that can be purchased through regular channels cannot be posted. This includes all studio recordings, clips from the Live in Cartoon Motion or Parc des Princes DVD, iTunes files, etc."

I am so thankful it is going to be released officially and I hope the whole soundtrack will but it is so hard to wait especially as there is no date yet...also I expect it will be different as the voices and noises won't be on the song...  so much better :wub2:

• Like 4

On 12/31/2022 at 4:04 PM, krysady said:

Yes, I guess discussing it won't hurt anyone.  It's similar to sharing our opinion about any other movie we've seen, it's not like we have to sign some privacy deal once we entered the cinema :aah:  We can talk about the storyline, dialogue, music, even the lyrics if someone happened to memorize them :teehee:

Or maybe they will wait until February 2023?

I believe that too...February 8th can't come soon enough :excite: However it is a Wednesday and usually songs and albums are released on Friday.... :dunno:

• Like 4

On 12/31/2022 at 9:59 AM, mellody said:

Thanks! I've talked with Deb and she thinks it's ok to post the lyrics, so I unhid your post. But ofc if we get different instructions, we might need to hide them again til the song is out.

Here I understand something like "You're all I'm (it's?) burning for" ... but the woman is pretty hard to understand with her accent, so I'm not sure.

Anyway, I get why they duetted, it gives the song an Arabic touch, so it relates more to the movie. I suppose she's Arabic, from the way she sings.

She sounds arabic to me too :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

On 12/31/2022 at 12:11 AM, Hero said:

I'm shocked. I came here to read reviews of the song. Instead I end up reading a lot of dirty innuendo, and exhortation of criminal activity!! :shocked:

I'm proud of you guys. I wasn't even here. :lol3: (But seriously, how are you not all in the NC?)

Naughty Chicken? :floor:

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I'm listening to Feels like Fire on repeat and it seems like this :chkn:is dancing to it :shocked: How can I  unsee this please? :yikes:

I'm afraid you have to wait until the song comes out together with the video. :teehee:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

"Mika touched my :chkn:" could very quickly become "Mika touched my :camel3:"  and then have a whole new meaning :teehee:

Chickens...

Camels...

Humps...

There's a joke in there somewhere but I'm a good girl I am!

tumblr_lqxehfweTf1qakh43o1_500.gif.aa58c71f2bfad629f17d0527d21baef6.gif

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

"Mika touched my :chkn:" could very quickly become "Mika touched my :camel3:"  and then have a whole new meaning :teehee:

Chickens...

Camels...

Humps...

There's a joke in there somewhere but I'm a good girl I am!

tumblr_lqxehfweTf1qakh43o1_500.gif.aa58c71f2bfad629f17d0527d21baef6.gif

but treading on very thin ice :wags_finger:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2