MAGIC PIANO TOUR REFUNDS / VERONA TICKETS

dcdeb

44 minutes ago, Alvaro Lopez said:

Do you mean that the whole tour is not only postponed but totally cancelled forever? So there won't be Magic Piano Tour anymore?

I didn't say that. I mean, in the context of this original set of dates -- September - October 2022 in Italy -- the only concert happening is Verona on 19th September. No other concert from those 10 scheduled will be performed at this time.

2 minutes ago, maggie112 said:

I think they wrote “postponed” but they are acting like it’s cancelled. 
In Italy, when gigs are postponed, even if new dates are not available yet, customers are given the option to keep tickets valid for the replacement date (even if it’s switched to another venue, just happened with Avril Lavigne). This time we don’t have this option. 
I’m totally confident Mika will be back in Italy when he will tour Europe (but after this, I’m not confident he will do as many dates as he was supposed to do this year) 

As of right now, I believe the intention is to reschedule the Magic Piano Tour, as it was originally conceived. But because they don't know how long it will take to work out the problems they've encountered, and then book new dates/venues, they are giving everyone the opportunity to obtain refunds now. Given the uncertainty of the world today, maybe that makes sense, rather than having everyone hold on to tickets that they might not be able to use a year from now. But I really don't think there is a perfect solution that would please everyone. :dunno:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, lormare73 said:

They say that if you don't convert the ticket for Arena di Verona there will be a refund

So if we don't send a refund request for the canceled shows, we will automatically get the refund anyway?

51 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

But because they don't know how long it will take to work out the problems they've encountered, and then book new dates/venues, they are giving everyone the opportunity to obtain refunds now. Given the uncertainty of the world today, maybe that makes sense, rather than having everyone hold on to tickets that they might not be able to use a year from now. But I really don't think there is a perfect solution that would please everyone. :dunno:

I think the best option could be giving the option to choose between the refund now  (which means losing few euros per ticket anyway) or keeping the tickets, but I am not sure if any gig in Italy would ever give this choice, maybe it’s one or the another  🤔

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, krysady said:

So if we don't send a refund request for the canceled shows, we will automatically get the refund anyway?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I think it's better to send the request. Anyway that was a screenshot of Arcimboldi Theatre, so in any case the automatic refund will be available only for that gig. But I don't think there will be any automatic refund.

15 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I think it's better to send the request. Anyway that was a screenshot of Arcimboldi Theatre, so in any case the automatic refund will be available only for that gig. But I don't think there will be any automatic refund.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

they are giving everyone the opportunity to obtain refunds now

It's not an "opportunity", it's the only chance you have if you want to get anything for that ticket, to ask for a refund within 7 (!) days. I mean, WE know, but there might be people who are on holiday or might not check their e-mail for other reasons, and I definitely blame that on ticketone. They should give people at least a month to claim refunds! Or even just reimburse automatically, that would be the fairest option. But we don't have the opportunity to keep the tickets for possible future dates, so it's not a choice, it's a cancellation. I don't get why they (and in this case it's Mika & team) don't call it by its name. Having the option to keep the tickets would mean not losing the fees, even if at another venue we might have slightly different places. And having the option to keep the tickets would still allow us to feel like it can happen some time next year, when the problems are solved. Instead, not requesting a refund within those 7 days will mean losing all the money you paid for the ticket (and apparently there even are some technical problems that might prevent requesting a refund). It's a combination that doesn't feel ok.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, mellody said:

It's not an "opportunity", it's the only chance you have if you want to get anything for that ticket, to ask for a refund within 7 (!) days. I mean, WE know, but there might be people who are on holiday or might not check their e-mail for other reasons, and I definitely blame that on ticketone. They should give people at least a month to claim refunds! Or even just reimburse automatically, that would be the fairest option. But we don't have the opportunity to keep the tickets for possible future dates, so it's not a choice, it's a cancellation. I don't get why they (and in this case it's Mika & team) don't call it by its name. Having the option to keep the tickets would mean not losing the fees, even if at another venue we might have slightly different places. And having the option to keep the tickets would still allow us to feel like it can happen some time next year, when the problems are solved. Instead, not requesting a refund within those 7 days will mean losing all the money you paid for the ticket (and apparently there even are some technical problems that might prevent requesting a refund). It's a combination that doesn't feel ok.

I actually think they are giving the money back, because they cannot know if they can offer the same show for the same price in the future. What if it truly has to do with rising costs (I’ve heard Mika is not the only one cancelling his tour, it happens in Germany apparently a lot as well at the moment), then the only way to cover it is to know how much the costs will be… especially electricity wise, since his shows use a LOT of lamps. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, mellody said:

Or even just reimburse automatically, that would be the fairest option

This would be the most reasonable thing to do! I mean as long as the concerts are not going to happen anymore, who would want to lose the money and not receive them back? It's a common sense matter. Why to ask people to struggle with filling those forms when they don't even manage to keep their site working properly? I see a lot of fans complaining that it's impossible to send those requests, it's a nonsense.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I actually think they are giving the money back, because they cannot know if they can offer the same show for the same price in the future. What if it truly has to do with rising costs (I’ve heard Mika is not the only one cancelling his tour, it happens in Germany apparently a lot as well at the moment), then the only way to cover it is to know how much the costs will be… especially electricity wise, since his shows use a LOT of lamps. 

In theory, ticketone could reward those who are keeping their tickets (i.e. borrowing them money for more than a year) by giving those who already bought tickets the opportunity to keep them for this price, even if the tickets become more expensive on the next tour. But well, it's ticketone. Of course not. I know how expensive tickets can be now, I've been to the Robbie Williams gig in Munich - a standing one, where the ticket price range was between 80-200€ (not counting VIP tickets for 600€ that included food etc., but still were places in the back). Many people tried to sell their tickets in the end, because it was badly organized and the categories differed a lot from what it first said in the venue map. Most of those people couldn't get them sold. So I got a 200€ worth ticket for 85€, I definitely wouldn't have paid 200€ for Robbie. For Mika I'd pay it, of course, but I certainly couldn't buy tickets for 6 gigs at once at this price, as I had for this tour (and that was already a lot). The thing is, you just don't feel treated by those ticket sellers and organizers like an appreciated customer but like a milk cow that's only good for squeezing as much money out of it as possible. That's not what Mika would want his fans to feel like. That's why I fear that it might not get any better next year, especially with ticketone, who have never been customer-friendly. But I'll try to think positive, let's see.

• Like 4

On 9/3/2022 at 2:44 AM, Lexa said:

Hi carafon, I also wanted to visit, apart from Verona, maybe one or two other places, I wanted to go to Lago di Garda for one day or half a day and also thought about Brescia or Padua or Mantua. I'm not so much interested in Venice though... But I would be interested in not going alone here or there.  :blush:

If there are no problems with the flights I'll arrive late on 16/09 ( with Lufthansa via Munich) and I'm staying closed to the venue .

I just saw that it was possible to go to the lake by train , same for Venice , it seems that its not far away . But if you've got other ideas , I'm open 

You can pm me your tweeter or phone number if you want

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mellody said:

In theory, ticketone could reward those who are keeping their tickets (i.e. borrowing them money for more than a year) by giving those who already bought tickets the opportunity to keep them for this price, even if the tickets become more expensive on the next tour. But well, it's ticketone. Of course not. I know how expensive tickets can be now, I've been to the Robbie Williams gig in Munich - a standing one, where the ticket price range was between 80-200€ (not counting VIP tickets for 600€ that included food etc., but still were places in the back). Many people tried to sell their tickets in the end, because it was badly organized and the categories differed a lot from what it first said in the venue map. Most of those people couldn't get them sold. So I got a 200€ worth ticket for 85€, I definitely wouldn't have paid 200€ for Robbie. For Mika I'd pay it, of course, but I certainly couldn't buy tickets for 6 gigs at once at this price, as I had for this tour (and that was already a lot). The thing is, you just don't feel treated by those ticket sellers and organizers like an appreciated customer but like a milk cow that's only good for squeezing as much money out of it as possible. That's not what Mika would want his fans to feel like. That's why I fear that it might not get any better next year, especially with ticketone, who have never been customer-friendly. But I'll try to think positive, let's see.

I think the main reason of the tour cancellation was the significant costs increase - so if the revenue from the sold tickets don't cover the costs it's obvious that they refund all possible tickets and are not letting people keep the "old" tickets for the future. Because in the future the tickets will be even more expensive.

I've already read about a gig cancellation of an Italian artist.

As well the band Anthrax has cancelled the whole European tour.

In both cases the main reason mentioned in the statements was "logistic issues" and costs. So quite similar to the ones mentioned in Mika's post.

Looks like the war in Ukraine and all restrictions against Russia impact the whole Europe (or even the whole world) even on the entertainment business level.

The Piano Tour has been scheduled still in 2021. A big amount of tickets have been sold still before the war in Ukraine.

Nobody could even imagine what would happen next.

So I think we will hear more and more about concerts, tours cancellation. And Mika is one of the victims of the global economic situation. I don't want to think what it will be look like the next year. Economic instability can ruin a lot of plans, a lot of companies, businesses ect.

• Like 1

About the refund, is it only to me that the refund will be given as voucher or everyone else? I am refferring to tickets bought on Ticketone. Plus -10€ from the price originally payed? 

Edited by Vitty27

5 minutes ago, Vitty27 said:

About the refund, is it only to me that the refund will be given as voucher or everyone else? I am refferring to tickets bought on Ticketone.

Did you pay the tickets with a voucher? They say they will use the same way to return the money that was used for payment (if possible, otherwise the IBAN they ask for). To me they offered a money refund.

39 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think the main reason of the tour cancellation was the significant costs increase - so if the revenue from the sold tickets don't cover the costs it's obvious that they refund all possible tickets and are not letting people keep the "old" tickets for the future. Because in the future the tickets will be even more expensive.

I've already read about a gig cancellation of an Italian artist.

As well the band Anthrax has cancelled the whole European tour.

In both cases the main reason mentioned in the statements was "logistic issues" and costs. So quite similar to the ones mentioned in Mika's post.

Looks like the war in Ukraine and all restrictions against Russia impact the whole Europe (or even the whole world) even on the entertainment business level.

The Piano Tour has been scheduled still in 2021. A big amount of tickets have been sold still before the war in Ukraine.

Nobody could even imagine what would happen next.

So I think we will hear more and more about concerts, tours cancellation. And Mika is one of the victims of the global economic situation. I don't want to think what it will be look like the next year. Economic instability can ruin a lot of plans, a lot of companies, businesses ect.

That would be economic reasons, not logistic ones. And the theatres were nearly sold out, he wouldn't have needed a bunch of big trucks for the set, etc., so if it was for money (or bad ticket sales at the arenas), it makes no sense to me why he couldn't have kept the theatre gigs and just cancelled the big shows.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, mellody said:

Did you pay the tickets with a voucher? They say they will use the same way to return the money that was used for payment (if possible, otherwise the IBAN they ask for). To me they offered a money refund.

I payed with 18app so maybe that's the reason (even though I am not happy with that). Thank you for your answer!

Edited by Vitty27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

And the theatres were nearly sold out, he wouldn't have needed a bunch of big trucks for the set, etc., so if it was for money (or bad ticket sales at the arenas), it makes no sense to me why he couldn't have kept the theatre gigs and just cancelled the big shows.

I asked myself the same, I bet everyone would have been more than happy to have the theaters' concerts without the big arenas. I think he's trying too much to organize big and complicated shows with huge decorations, when all we need is him and a piano. And if he can bring also a choir, that would be awesome too! 

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2

That would be economic reasons, not logistic ones. And the theatres were nearly sold out, he wouldn't have needed a bunch of big trucks for the set, etc., so if it was for money (or bad ticket sales at the arenas), it makes no sense to me why he couldn't have kept the theatre gigs and just cancelled the big shows.

I agree Karin. In Italy 98% of our singers have been touring for the entire summer all over the country. Mengoni and Cremonini have also planned many Arenas (most of them sold out) and Stadiums with big logistics and production shows.

So Mika found logistics and the production for Arena di Verona (one of the most expensive venue here) and couldn't find the way to make small theatres? That's strange

Maybe the tour, as he had conceived it at the beginning, wasn't ready on time and he decided to concentrate on just one venue. The most prestigious one

Btw, the causes of this cancellation are not clear because his team made a very generic communication and Mika himself disappeared. Which is the saddest thing. I hope he will find the strength to afford all this. 

Edited by Chiara 83
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Chiara 83 said:

So Mika found logistics and the production for Arena di Verona (one of the most expensive venue here) and couldn't find the way to make small theatres? That's strange

Right?! Not even the Verona theatre, the day before the arena, sold out and literally just a few hundred meters away. That's why the only explanation that makes sense to me is that it must be because he can't get all of his work finished in time if he does this tour - especially the soundtrack, that can't be postponed. It even would explain his absence. I'll keep to that theory, until I find a better one, or he tells us the truth. :lol:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Right?! Not even the Verona theatre, the day before the arena, sold out and literally just a few hundred meters away. That's why the only explanation that makes sense to me is that it must be because he can't get all of his work finished in time if he does this tour - especially the soundtrack, that can't be postponed. It even would explain his absence. I'll keep to that theory, until I find a better one, or he tells us the truth. :lol:

Yes. I guess the soundtrack has a specific deadline and apparently he also accepted this job in the UK, which is great! But he has a lot of stuff to do 🥲

I hope that he will talk to us. This silence is making me worried about him🥺

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chiara 83 said:

Yes. I guess the soundtrack has a specific deadline and apparently he also accepted this job in the UK, which is great! But he has a lot of stuff to do 🥲

I hope that he will talk to us. This silence is making me worried about him🥺

I prefer to think he's just busy.

And well, when I'm talking about what I think is "the" reason for the cancellations, I mean the main reason why he had to cancel ALL of it except Verona. It probably is a whole bunch of reasons together. In an ideal world he'd do a Q&A where he'd answer all the questions, but ofc I know that won't happen. For the last album he opened up so much, and I guess I had hoped the path would continue this way, but it went back the other way. Guess I just need to give up hope that his communication with his fans / the public will ever be understandable for me. He communicates with his songs, and the rest we need to guess. :dunno:

Well. We just need to wait patiently for the new album.

• Like 2

I suppose he's got an inssurance to cover the cancellation costs that may be huge enough that he can hardly pay for it on he's own funds.

After all the assurances had to reward because of Covid , I'd be surprised if bad schedule would be enough for them to take all in charge .

@Anna Ko Kolkowska theories seems more realistic to me .

I don't know how the inflation goes in Italie , I doubt that it's going a good way .

I can't deny that this cancellations gives him more time to work on the soundtrack  (and maybe more we don't know about) , but I doubt it's the only reason .

Probably a combination of bad circomstances

Anyway  I would not like to be the responsible of the mess if there are people to blame :blowup:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, carafon said:

I suppose he's got an inssurance to cover the cancellation costs that may be huge enough that he can hardly pay for it on he's own founds.

After all the assurances had to reward because of Covid , I'd be surprised if bad schedule would be enough for them to take all in charge .

@Anna Ko Kolkowska theories seems more realistic to me .

I don't know how the inflation goes in Italie , I doubt that it's going a good way .

I can't deny that this cancellations gives him more time to work on the soundtrack  (and maybe more we don't know about) , but I doubt it's the only reason .

Probably a combination of bad circomstances

Anyway  I would not like to be the responsible of the mess if there are people to blame :blowup:

Good point that maybe an insurance would just cover all of the tour and not part of it. But then Verona is still ok? :dunno:

But also, after posting about Mika communicating through his music, I suddenly thought of "Who's Gonna Love Me Now". "My on switch won't turn off". The footage of him in the video. But would he already have known months ago that he might have to disappoint his fans because he's trying to do too much at once? Might be a view on the song that we could discuss in the song thread. :naughty:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

But would he already have known months ago that he might have to disappoint his fans because he's trying to do too much at once?

I don't think he knew at that time what would happen, but I think he should start the show in Arena with this song.

• Like 1

I need an information, a friend of mine bought a digital ticket for concerts in Rome, through Tiketone , but she tried to fill the form for refunding but the system doesn’t accept any code…

Some of you have similar problems? The ticket has a

only a qrcode and a number under the qrcode.

If anyone could help…thank you in advance!

9 minutes ago, Patty70 said:

I need an information, a friend of mine bought a digital ticket for concerts in Rome, through Tiketone , but she tried to fill the form for refunding but the system doesn’t accept any code…

Some of you have similar problems? The ticket has a

only a qrcode and a number under the qrcode.

If anyone could help…thank you in advance!

for e-ticket you need to click on "show ticket order" at you tickets list - and you will see this blue button "show ticket"..

image.png.c6dde14c6fe3b07ea665aa7aaa215fbd.png

Click on it. And a blue screen will pop-up. In the right down corner there is an icon "i" for information. Click on it.

image.thumb.png.65be4051b955aa59b33f657be3a0771e.png

On the next screen you will see needed details: carte and F.S. number.

You need to copy them to your request.

image.thumb.png.7476c2162fbd163813b84002a7054d9b.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Thanks 1