MAGIC PIANO TOUR REFUNDS / VERONA TICKETS

dcdeb

On 9/6/2022 at 12:08 AM, mellody said:

The ticket cancellations went through smoothly last week, but now I'm  :banghead: after 3 hours of looking for ways what do do with my Rome flights. Thought I'd reschedule them to some time next summer and reschedule them again when Mika announces tourdates... the problem is just that a) it's not possible next summer, although I can buy flight tickets on the website until August, it won't let me reschedule later than March. And b) I can only reschedule to another Rome flight, not to a different city, so Mika would have to announce *something* in Rome until next March (even if it takes place later, but the announcement of dates would need to be until then), and I won't hold my breath for that...

For now I've decided to wait a few more weeks, I can still reschedule until a day before the flight or so. Don't want to go to Rome on my own, and if my husband booked a flight at the same time, it'd be even more expensive. Besides, it's 2 days during a school week, we can't both leave then because of our kids.

Are any of you going to Rome anyway on the originally scheduled gig dates?

Hi Karin, 

yep, this was my struggle as well. Now we have decided that we go to Rome, however we have cut the original 5 days to 3 days, so we are there from Friday evening till Monday evening. With a bitter taste but still waiting to spend some days in this beautiful city. 

• Like 2

On 9/8/2022 at 1:01 AM, allegra said:

- It is not fair that they give only one week to ask the refund and, as Mellody rightly said, in this particular period. If I purchased a ticket for the 29th or 30th of September, I should have the right to have it “valid” (in this case eligible for a refund) untill that date. And it is not fair that the procedure is with a system with bugs. It should be enough to send a request via email, just forwarding the original order without any code, number, password etc etc.

You're so right !

As the tickets won't be valid for the postponed shows , after the deadline to change the tickets for the Verona concert all the tickets should be automaticaly refounded without even asking for those that were purchased online

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, carafon said:

You're so right !

As the tickets won't be valid for the postponed shows , after the deadline to change the tickets for the Verona concert all the tickets should be automaticaly refounded without even asking for those that were purchased online

This happened for the gig that was cancelled in Boston, it was so nice to not have to deal with applying for a refund. 

On the other hand, I think this is what they maybe needed to do to give the possibility to convert it into a ticket for Verona…

22 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Same! I got a refund for 2 tickets…. 12 more to go :lol3:

I got the message yesterday that the money from the theatre in Verona will be credited to my credit card. Nothing yet from the other locations... Hopefully this is not a bug and the other locations will be credited. I had sent one request for all locations.

11 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This happened for the gig that was cancelled in Boston, it was so nice to not have to deal with applying for a refund. 

On the other hand, I think this is what they maybe needed to do to give the possibility to convert it into a ticket for Verona…

It was the same back in 2020 when it was not possible to convert anything :wink2:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I got the message yesterday that the money from the theatre in Verona will be credited to my credit card. Nothing yet from the other locations... Hopefully this is not a bug and the other locations will be credited. I had sent one request for all locations.

Same here, let’s wait 60-6 days for them to process it. I think they go gig by gig and there are MANY tickets. I’m pleasantly surprised they have done it this week already! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Same here, let’s wait 60-6 days for them to process it. I think they go gig by gig and there are MANY tickets. I’m pleasantly surprised they have done it this week already! 

They gave themselves 60 days - but I think they will proceed the refunds as soon as they get enough money on their account. TicketOne keeps only their fees. The rest is going to other organisations and to the artists.So now they have to have the resources to make transfers.

Anyway it was a nice surprise to receive the emails. And some of us have already received the money on PayPal accounts.

I remember in 2020 I was waiting over 30 days for the refund.

I don't have a refund yet, but got an e-mail that I'll get a refund for the 2 Verona theatre tickets I bought. Which is interesting, as I only requested the refund for my own ticket and Saskia did it for hers, but they listed the order number & said I'll be refunded 190€ (so that's minus the fees, I paid 202,74€). Well, we'll sort it out between us, that's just a minor issue compared to everything else. :teehee:

Didn't get an e-mail about Florence or Rome yet, but maybe they'll just start at the beginning of the tour & work their way forward.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, Prisca said:

I have sent one request for all locations too....they sent me money back only for the concert in Milano (just one date), and that's all....so I have refund for only two tickets from 10....

1 hour ago, jajinka5 said:

I have sent one request for all locations too....they sent me money back only for the concert in Milano (just one date), and that's all....so I have refund for only two tickets from 10....

Same for me (one request; all tickets), but I have received numerous emails again today, so I am assuming they are just working them through slowly (but surely). So far 2 of 14 have been refunded. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Same for me (one request; all tickets), but I have received numerous emails again today, so I am assuming they are just working them through slowly (but surely). So far 2 of 14 have been refunded. 

I also received other emails today..so I will get money for next 4 tickets.....

• Like 2

Hello,

i am very disappointed about this évent. I booked 2 tickets for my wife birthday. And  It was cancelled at the last minute ( i allready booked the plain  ticket for Florence). And they gave us only 1 week to be refund with ticket master. 
‘unfortunatly i Didn’t manage to ask the refund on time. I did not understood that it was until the 7 (i think started the 7) and Was thinking to have more time to do it. When i checked this weekend to ask it , i realize it was too late :( So what will happened for me ? I lost my 180€ ? 
i just wrote an e-mail to ticketmaster and this is the answer :

————————

Dear Amelien,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to inform you that the deadline to request a refund for your event was set on 7 September 2022, as explained on our website here:  MIKA: THE MAGIC PIANO TOUR suspended to future dates, show in Verona on September 19 2022 confirmed.

We also inform you that our email communication was sent correctly to your email amelien.retourne@hotmail.fr on 31 August 2022 and was opened on 31 August, 3 and 10 September 2022. 

Ticketmaster acts as intermediate between the event organizer, in this case FRIENDS & PARTNERS S.P.A., and customers using our website to purchase tickets. Our role is to support the event organizer in selling the tickets, and manage customers queries.

For this reason, we are not the ones authorising refunds, whether in cash or voucher. The event organizer communicates the guidelines to us, and we are required to pass them on to customers.

We are thus going to ask the event organizer if it is possible to accept your refund request on your behalf and we will let you know their reply as soon as we receive any updates.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Ticketmaster Staff

——————

do you think this event management is professional ? I am so disappointed 

2 hours ago, Amelien said:

We are thus going to ask the event organizer if it is possible to accept your refund request on your behalf and we will let you know their reply as soon as we receive any updates.

They say they'll let you know what friendsandpartners say. Personally I think they would have to refund the tickets, because the time really was too short (and the website didn't always accept the tickets) and I think if people started sueing them for the money, they would have to pay. Anyway that's just my opinion. Wait for their reply, and if they say no, I'd try to find other people who are in the same situation like you and missed the deadline, maybe it'd really be worth sueing them because it's a lot of money. Keep us updated please! (Btw, I don't think ticketone would have sent such a detailled e-mail and would ask friendsandpartners about anything on a customer's behalf, so thumbs up for ticketmaster!)

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

They say they'll let you know what friendsandpartners say. Personally I think they would have to refund the tickets, because the time really was too short and I think if people started sueing them for the money they would have to pay. Anyway that's just my opinion. Wait for their reply, and if they say no, I'd try to find other people who are in the same situation like you and missed the deadline, maybe it'd really be worth sueing them because it's a lot of money. Keep us updated please! (Btw, I don't think ticketone would have sent such a detailled e-mail and would ask friendsandpartners about anything on a customer's behalf, so thumbs up for ticketmaster!)

Yeah, I was surprised that Ticketmaster was trying to be helpful.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Not yet… but the request did go through 

I didn't get any request registration number, only an email saying that I don't need to contact them for a refund for a cancelled event... that's weird.  From Ticketone I got a proper confirmation for my request.

This is what Ticketmaster  sent me:

Screenshot (370).png

28 minutes ago, krysady said:

I didn't get any request registration number, only an email saying that I don't need to contact them for a refund for a cancelled event... that's weird.  From Ticketone I got a proper confirmation for my request.

This is what Ticketmaster  sent me:

Screenshot (370).png

Yes, I got the same email. The way I understood it though, is that they have received the request but will not be able to respond to it quickly due to the high demand of refund requests. So that we have to be patient and not contact them asking about it, before they have been able to process and inform us about the details.

And it seems that when both you and I got this email, most probably everyone got this email. 

• Like 1

Any news about the service fees? I’m not willing to lose 25€ for something which is not my fault. I know these times are hard, but it’s harder for some people than for others. I already lost the opportunity of having my desired holidays of the year, and will have to go to Italy anyways cause I’m not getting the money from the planes and the hotel back.

• Like 1