Mika in French Press and Other Media - 2023

6 hours ago, krysady said:

I recorded it from mikawebsite. Great interview!

His reaction watching the end of Grace Kelly at PDP :wub2: ... and telling about the horrible reviews in UK media at the start of his career :emot-sad:

He said for the first time the name of the company who rejected his music and made him writing Grace Kelly, it was Nineteen.

Thank you so much❤️

• Like 2

RFI

Le choix musical de RFI

PODCAST

Avec «Que ta tête fleurisse toujours», Mika sort son premier album en français

Publié le : 07/12/2023 - 11:50

https://www.rfi.fr/fr/podcasts/le-choix-musical-de-rfi/20231207-avec-que-ta-tête-fleurisse-toujours-mika-sort-son-premier-album-en-français

« Pour votre santé, bougez ! » Ce n'est pas un message du ministère de la Santé, ni un clip pour les prochains Jeux olympiques mais bien l'un des titres phares du nouvel album de Mika. Après 16 ans de carrière, le chanteur pop sort pour la première fois un album entièrement écrit et chanté en français.

:uk: google translator

« For your health, get moving ! » This is not a message from the Ministry of Health, nor a clip for the next Olympic Games but one of the flagship tracks from Mika's new album. After 16 years of career, the pop singer released for the first time an album entirely written and sung in French.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can't keep up with him, and all those interviews he's doing. :aah: :lol3: I get to watch one, and he's doing 3 new ones. :lmfao: Kinda hope that he'll have a little interview break over Christmas time, so I can catch up. 😅 Then again, it's so nice to see him everywhere, and although his schedule must be exhausting, he looks better and better! :fangurl: That little video at the piano yesterday, I can't stop watching and listening to that! :wub2:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Thanks. Just watched it. I don't understand much of what he says at the beginning, I get they talk about Jane Birkin, and then about ageing - what does Mika say to the older man next to him? That something becomes better with age but the guy sees that differently, from what I understand... I just don't understand what it is that they're talking about, lol! He also talks about the album title and his Mum's design ... but I gotta say, this is something that has been bothering me for a while - I think he keeps saying that she drew this when she was so ill that she couldn't write anymore? Which doesn't make sense, as she actually did write "May your head always bloom" on it?! In the 2019 Paris Match interview he told the story differently - that she drew this for him on his birthday when he was about to finish the recordings for MNIMH (so that must have been in 2018) and he had a fight with her on the phone but when he saw the flowers and the drawing and tried to call her back, his family told him she was having a stroke. It was a very emotional situation he told in this interview, maybe it's too long and complex for all those album interviews, or too personal, but that now he keeps saying that she was too ill to write when she drew this for him, just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe something gets lost in translation for me, but I've heard and read this in several interviews now, I just can't bring it together with how he described it in 2019. :dunno:

They also ask him about bullying and he tells the story about his abusive teacher and he gets tears in his eyes while talking about it. :tears: And he repeats some of the things he has said at this anti bullying event, that he wanted to disappear, had no sense of value, and that he wouldn't be here today, talking about ageing, if it wasn't for music. And he also mentioned that at that time he started talking about himself in the 3rd person, to detach. I think he keeps using "I" more now, but for the longest time he said "we" when he talked about himself, and it's actually heartbreaking to learn that this is where it came from, this feeling of having no value, and that despite music and success this stuck with him for so long, maybe still does. :tears:

• Like 2

C à vous

France5

https://www.france.tv/france-5/c-a-vous-la-suite/saison-15/5454372-emission-du-jeudi-7-decembre-2023.html

S15 : Invités : Jean-Marie Périer, Mika, Sofiane Chalal

diffusé le 07/12/2023 à 20h04 Disponible jusqu'au 06/01/2024

Magazine proposé par Pierre-Antoine Capton, coproduit par France Télévisions/Troisième Oeil Productions/MEDIAWAN. 2023. Présentation : Anne-Elisabeth Lemoine. Dans ce rendez-vous de tous ceux qui font l'actualité politique, économique, sociétale et culturelle, les téléspectateurs de C à Vous retrouvent Anne-Elisabeth Lemoine entourée de Lorrain Sénéchal, Aurélie Casse, Patrick Cohen, Pierre Lescure, Mohamed Bouhafsi, Bertrand Chameroy et Émilie Tran Nguyen. Dans la seconde partie de l'émission, on retrouve la mini-fiction \" Les radoteurs \", incarnée par le duo Stéphane De Groodt et Gilles Gaston-Dreyfus.

- L’apéro :

Jean-Marie Périer, photographe. Pour son livre “Mes nuits blanches”, sorti le 2 novembre dernier aux éditions Calmann-Lévy.

- La suite :

Mika, auteur, compositeur et interprète. Pour son album “Que la tête fleurisse toujours”, sorti le 1er décembre. Il est en tournée dès le 1er mars 2024, dont le 25 mars 2024 à L’Accor Aréna à Paris.

- Live :

Mika interprétera son titre “Jane Birkin”.

- Le dîner :

Sofiane Chalal, danseur, chorégraphe et comédien. Pour son spectacle “Ma part d’ombre”. Il est en tournée actuellement dans toute la France, à Marseille du 12 au 23 décembre 2023 au Théâtre Les Bernardines puis le 19 mars 2024 à Paris au Musée National de l'Histoire de l'Immigration.

- La carte blanche :

En l’absence de Bertrand Chameroy, Tristan Lopin, humoriste, aura carte blanche.

- En cuisine :

Mohand Souiki, chef du restaurant “La Maison Dorée” à Saint-Étienne (Loire). Au menu ce soir : velouté de potimarron, fourme de Montbrison et giroles. 

Présenté par : Anne-Elisabeth Lemoine

YouTube

L’hommage de Mika à Jane Birkin - C à Vous - 07/12/2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx1UTirdNAQ

JaneBirkin.thumb.jpg.8126c2b2282164eb5b08e483b7138e99.jpg

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

France 5

C à vous

Mika, son premier album en Français !

His face watching him from Olympia 2007 :roftl:

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks. Just watched it. I don't understand much of what he says at the beginning, I get they talk about Jane Birkin, and then about ageing - what does Mika say to the older man next to him? That something becomes better with age but the guy sees that differently, from what I understand... I just don't understand what it is that they're talking about, lol! He also talks about the album title and his Mum's design ... but I gotta say, this is something that has been bothering me for a while - I think he keeps saying that she drew this when she was so ill that she couldn't write anymore? Which doesn't make sense, as she actually did write "May your head always bloom" on it?! In the 2019 Paris Match interview he told the story differently - that she drew this for him on his birthday when he was about to finish the recordings for MNIMH (so that must have been in 2018) and he had a fight with her on the phone but when he saw the flowers and the drawing and tried to call her back, his family told him she was having a stroke. It was a very emotional situation he told in this interview, maybe it's too long and complex for all those album interviews, or too personal, but that now he keeps saying that she was too ill to write when she drew this for him, just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe something gets lost in translation for me, but I've heard and read this in several interviews now, I just can't bring it together with how he described it in 2019. :dunno:

They also ask him about bullying and he tells the story about his abusive teacher and he gets tears in his eyes while talking about it. :tears: And he repeats some of the things he has said at this anti bullying event, that he wanted to disappear, had no sense of value, and that he wouldn't be here today, talking about ageing, if it wasn't for music. And he also mentioned that at that time he started talking about himself in the 3rd person, to detach. I think he keeps using "I" more now, but for the longest time he said "we" when he talked about himself, and it's actually heartbreaking to learn that this is where it came from, this feeling of having no value, and that despite music and success this stuck with him for so long, maybe still does. :tears:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, mellody said:

think he keeps saying that she drew this when she was so ill that she couldn't write anymore? Which doesn't make sense, as she actually did write "May your head always bloom" on it?!

I think he means she couldn't use a pen to write, so she did it on the iPad his sisters had got for her so she could still communicate. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mellody said:

... but I gotta say, this is something that has been bothering me for a while - I think he keeps saying that she drew this when she was so ill that she couldn't write anymore? Which doesn't make sense, as she actually did write "May your head always bloom" on it?! In the 2019 Paris Match interview he told the story differently - that she drew this for him on his birthday when he was about to finish the recordings for MNIMH (so that must have been in 2018) and he had a fight with her on the phone but when he saw the flowers and the drawing and tried to call her back, his family told him she was having a stroke. It was a very emotional situation he told in this interview, maybe it's too long and complex for all those album interviews, or too personal, but that now he keeps saying that she was too ill to write when she drew this for him, just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe something gets lost in translation for me, but I've heard and read this in several interviews now, I just can't bring it together with how he described it in 2019. :dunno:

he posted the picture she drew in Aug 2017 ❤️🤓🏵🎂🍝 birthday message from my Ma | Instagram

I didn't realize she was sick way back then.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kreacher said:

he posted the picture she drew in Aug 2017 ❤️🤓🏵🎂🍝 birthday message from my Ma | Instagram

I didn't realize she was sick way back then.

Thanks, I had forgotten that he had posted this. Well... she might have been sick then, but it definitely was before the tumor affected her brain so severely that she wasn't able to do much anymore, as Mika says now.

He said in the 2019 interviews that she had heart surgery at some point before her tumor diagnosis, and some complications after that. I remember seeing her at the filming of Casa Mika in Fall 2017, she needed a walking stick, it was obvious that she wasn't well, but she was working there with Mika. From what I remember from his interviews (I might mix up things tho...?), that was after her heart surgery, and he wanted her to rest but she didn't listen.

So maybe she was in hospital for that when she drew this for him in 2017? The first time that he almost lost her, and surely very destabilizing for all of them. But not the final stages of her brain tumor.

Anyway, he tells a different story now about the drawing. Maybe he wants to test us, if we pay attention. :dunno_grin:

• Like 3

If I remember well, he said in previous interviews for MNIMH that she had heart surgery at the beginning of 2018 when he was in Usa and that they found about the cancer after his birthday celebration in Corsica in 2018. 

The drawing dates back to 2017 for sure. Probably she wasn't well for some reasons but I really don't think they already knew about the tumor. 

So I think what is telling in all the interviews about the drawing is a bit messed up. 

Edited by lormare73
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, mellody said:

what does Mika say to the older man next to him? That something becomes better with age but the guy sees that differently, from what I understand

Mika said that when you're aging, you can allow yourself to be more childish, to have the courage to confront things you avoided before. That man told him it's not true and that Mika says that because he's young. And that everyone is teaching you how to be a child, or an adult, but no one is teaching you how to be old, so he is planning to open a school for old people. 

Mika insisted that he believes that when we become old, we have the permission to be more childish, but that man said again it's not true, even if it sounds wonderful to say it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, krysady said:

Mika said that when you're aging, you can allow yourself to be more childish, to have the courage to confront things you avoided before. That man told him it's not true and that Mika says that because he's young. And that everyone is teaching you how to be a child, or an adult, but no one is teaching you how to be old, so he is planning to open a school for old people. 

Mika insisted that he believes that when we become old, we have the permission to be more childish, but that man said again it's not true, even if it sounds wonderful to say it.

I agree with Mika. My mum is a lot like a little girl in many ways. My aunt was like that too. And I intend to do the same :lmfao:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

So I think what is telling in all the interviews about the drawing is a bit messed up. 

I think the same.  But maybe one thing he say it's true, maybe this was for real the last b-day message she sent to him, since after that she became so ill.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Just listen to a new intro to C'est la vie.

Every time he's performing live this song, I wonder when he has time to breathe, this is such a difficult song to perform! :aah:

And now Underwater, another breathless song :aah:

Edited by krysady

RTL2

Double Expresso

https://www.rtl2.fr/programmes/le-double-expresso-rtl2/7900329585-pepite-mika-en-live-et-en-interview-dans-le-double-expresso-rtl2-08-12-23

Mika dans Le Double Expresso RTL2 (08/12/23)

Mika était l'invité du Double Expresso RTL2 ce vendredi 8 décembre 2023. Le chanteur qui vient de sortir son nouvel album "Que ta tête fleurisse toujours" a répondu aux questions de Grégory Ascher et de Justine Salmon et a interprété deux titres en direct des studios de la station Pop-Rock, son nouveau single "C'est La Vie" et le maintenant classique "Underwater".

Dailymotion links

L'INTÉGRALE - Mika dans Le Double Expresso RTL2 (08/12/23) 2h

PÉPITE - Mika en live et en interview dans Le Double Expresso RTL2 (08/12/23)

LIVE - Mika interprète "C'est La Vie" dans Le Double Expresso RTL2 (08/12/23 )

LIVE - Mika interprète "Underwater" dans Le Double Expresso RTL2 (08/12/23)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8qcr0f

Official YouTube

"C'est La Vie"

My YouTube ( including mikainstagram story )

mikainstagram story ( posted before the program )

1637346-mika-dans-le-double-expresso-rtl2.thumb.jpeg.dee4f12bd90ecfa1271945a77dc927e7.jpeg

GA0aq7aa8AAnL-Y.thumb.jpg.2b22573ad0f0c60e9fe163057295f522.jpg

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, krysady said:

Thanks. Pfft, that old guy apparently wasn't the right one to ask. 🙄 It's true tho that this permission is not something you get from others or that automatically comes with age. You have to give yourself permission to be who you want to be. Sad for the guy that at his old age he still doesn't seem to have figured this out. I hope Mika will - and I believe that he will. Through his songs I think he already says a lot of things that this guy has never dared to say in his life (who is he, btw?).

And also, who teaches you to be an adult?! And adults trying to teach children how to be children also isn't very constructive. You have to figure it out yourself, in every phase of your life. And I guess the best way to do that is by staying curious, as Mika keeps saying.

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I love this version with the acoustic start! :wub2: Poor Mika, you can tell how tired he is, he really needs some rest... but he did well, even singing some harmonies. I loved the song from when we first heard it, but also love how it evolves now over time. :wub2:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, krysady said:

@mellody

I checked Jean Marie Perrier life and he was not the son of his official father but the son of the singer Henry Salvador. He had several wifes and he now lives with his last ex wife and her new husband. His life seems to be very complicated and that would explain that he got bitter and answered the way he did to Mika like he knew better. Of course Mika is younger than he is but being old or young is more a state of mind in my opinion. 

• Like 2