Mika in French Press and Other Media - 2023

4 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

Mika talked about doing a TV show in a different country and that he's learning Greek. This is highly unlikely but could it be that he will be part of a TV show in Greece 

He's said before that he's learning Greek, for "complicated" reasons. We assumed it was for Andy and Epirus, but maybe! 

Oh no. That'll be fun for the subs team! :hypo:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

Mika talked about doing a TV show in a different country and that he's learning Greek. This is highly unlikely but could it be that he will be part of a TV show in Greece 

I thought the TV show might be an Australian version of The Piano but you may well be right.

• Like 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0hJP6FCNbH/

canalplus

Il n’avait pas imaginé que la sortie de « Grace Kelly » provoquerait tout ce bruit dans les médias.

Mika est l’invité d’ #EnAparté, ce soir à 20h30 sur CANAL+.

• Like 4

On 12/5/2023 at 2:46 AM, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0cA688Nu3l/?img_index=1

Paris

Le mois de décembre commence bien sur Basique, découvrez le programme tout de suite 🥰

🌞LA QUOTIDIENNE avec @gaetanrousselofficiel, @fffmusique, @mikainstagram et @axelle_red
➡️ À 20h40 sur @france2 / à 18h sur YouTube

🎤 LA SESSION avec @loverman.95
➡️ Mercredi 06/12 à 01h15 sur @culturebox / à 21h sur YouTube

🥳 LE CONCERT AVEC @christophewillem
➡️ Vendredi à 23h05 sur @france2 / à 18h sur YouTube

📸 1 & 5 @antho.bouino
7 @antwanmo

#basique #programmetelevision #france2 #christophewillem #fff #loverman #mika #axellered

407928442_311441178518355_9058722676002115044_n.jpg

Basique

Mika nous parle de son dernier album "Que ta tête fleurisse toujours"

La pop contrastée de MIKA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0hJP6FCNbH/

canalplus

Il n’avait pas imaginé que la sortie de « Grace Kelly » provoquerait tout ce bruit dans les médias.

Mika est l’invité d’ #EnAparté, ce soir à 20h30 sur CANAL+.

A link to watch. No VPN needed.

https://www.canalplus.com/divertissement/en-aparte/h/16928081_50001

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Canal +

En aparté

https://www.canalplus.com/divertissement/en-aparte/h/16928081_50001

Emission du 06 déc. 2023

29 min
Invité : Mika

Une personnalité est invitée par Nathalie Levy à évoquer son actualité et à parler de sa vie et de sa carrière. L'entretien se déroule dans un appartement où l'invité est seul et répond aux questions de son hôte dont on n'entend que la voix.

Disponible plus de 6 mois

Screenshot2023-12-07at05-47-46EnapartmyCANAL.thumb.png.8c85b924848888aa86750d409aa30c29.png

X

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, krysady said:

It's weird, I could watch it without any VPN :dunno:

Same, it works fine for me. It's an interesting setting, the interviewer is just talking with him through a speaker, he's alone in the room. Maybe that allowed him to be more open. He got quite emotional when he talked about how the English press treated him at the beginning, you can tell that it still moves him. :tears: If I understood it correctly, he even said that he thought it was his fault that they wrote such homophobic things about him. And he tells the details about that meeting where his songs got rejected and how he wrote Grace Kelly about it. 

There is a photo in the end of the guestbook he signed, I tried to take a screenshot but it didn't work, only got a black screen. He wrote something like that it was very real and touching and thank you for this safe space. ❤️

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, mellody said:

He got quite emotional when he talked about how the English press treated him at the beginning, you can tell that it still moves him. :tears: If I understood it correctly, he even said that he thought it was his fault that they wrote such homophobic things about him.

You understood it right.

As an English fan, it is shameful how the British press treated him, and were allowed to treat him. It makes my blood boil. :furious: This was just before the phone hacking scandal broke, and the press thought they were untouchable. One whiff of weakness from their victims and they piled in like sharks on a feeding frenzy. But to operate so brazenly, there was a wider cultural mindset that accepted it, and that is horrendous. He is right that it would not be allowed now, but that it ever happened at all is both heartbreaking and infuriating. He deserved better, and Britain let him down. 😞

• Like 8

4 hours ago, mellody said:

Same, it works fine for me. It's an interesting setting, the interviewer is just talking with him through a speaker, he's alone in the room. Maybe that allowed him to be more open. He got quite emotional when he talked about how the English press treated him at the beginning, you can tell that it still moves him. :tears: If I understood it correctly, he even said that he thought it was his fault that they wrote such homophobic things about him. And he tells the details about that meeting where his songs got rejected and how he wrote Grace Kelly about it. 

There is a photo in the end of the guestbook he signed, I tried to take a screenshot but it didn't work, only got a black screen. He wrote something like that it was very real and touching and thank you for this safe space. ❤️

Yes, I tried to take a screenshot, too, but they apparently have it blocked. But what I could get out of the interview itself was indeed very touching.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It works for me with firefox on my android phone. It seems it gets blocked if you use a browser that blocks ads because with opera I was unable to watch.

Mika talked so openly about his life. I hope someone manages to put it online. 

He talks about how British media and he even give the name of the place where they put his album in the trash (Nine if I remember well) after saying he had to make songs like Robbie William's and how he ended up writing Grace Kelly in a few minutes and sent it to them as an insult. 

He also talks about Greece and about Andy saying they were together before he became famous (18 years) which is a good thing for him since it grounds him.

He says he told his family he was gay once he was with Andy and that his mum was totally fine with that right away but that it took longer for his sisters. 

He says he loves spending time in places where there are frontiers between several countries.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, mellody said:

I tried to take a screenshot but it didn't work, only got a black screen.

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I tried to take a screenshot, too, but they apparently have it blocked

I tried to record the whole interview with screen recording on my laptop and when I finished it was just a black video :dunno:

54 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

It seems it gets blocked if you use a browser that blocks ads because with opera I was unable to watch.

Not for me, I use Chrome with AdBlock and it works fine.

• Like 1

I recorded it from mikawebsite. Great interview!

His reaction watching the end of Grace Kelly at PDP :wub2: ... and telling about the horrible reviews in UK media at the start of his career :emot-sad:

He said for the first time the name of the company who rejected his music and made him writing Grace Kelly, it was Nineteen.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Oh that was such a touching interview indeed. The whole set up apartment is incredible, it looks like some intern who is a huge Mika fan had the time of their life!

24 minutes ago, krysady said:

His reaction watching the end of Grace Kelly at PDP :wub2: ... and telling about the horrible reviews in UK media at the start of his career :emot-sad:

That part got to me the most as well, it made me cry actually.

When I discovered him and started reading every English article I could find about him, there were so many that were criticising him for being "too gay" and at the same time (sometimes within the same article) for keeping things vague, for not directly addressing it and the notion was very much "Why doesn't he just come out, it's not like it's hard anymore being gay in 2007".

That was already incredibly upsetting for me to read even though it's not directly addressed to me.

I'm so glad he clearly recognizes these things as homophobic and unacceptable now. And I hope he knows how important and healing it is to a lot of us to see a person who's gone through similarly messy things thriving now and being at peace with themselves.

What an unexpectedly emotional Thursday morning.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

And I hope he knows how important and healing it is to a lot of us to see a person who's gone through similarly messy things thriving now and being at peace with themselves.

True, and every time he's speaking about that, I think how horrible situation would be for any young people to be forced to declare her/his sexual orientation in order to get a job or be accepted in some project. Just imagine being asked this question for an exam or in a job interview, it would be outrageous and make anyone feeling uncomfortable, gay or straight... even more as a gay person in a widely homophobic environment. It's a private thing and it's no one's business.

But this is the ugly side of a public life and I'm glad that he is now feeling comfortable to share with us some parts of his private life and getting so intimate through his songs.

• Like 6