C'est La Vie - Song and Lyrics Discussion

I love the colours on the cover. 🩷💚 And the new logo fits well to it, tho I'm not sure whether it reminds me more of clouds :cloud: or of ghosts 👻 ... :lol3: - I wonder if it's just for the cover or a general new logo? Somehow can't imagine it on his website. Definitely wouldn't fit to that pic of him in the red suit on the start page.

In the short teaser I thought I heard "mélodie" as a rhyme for "elle me dit", but not sure.

• Like 5

"Video is not available"

:tears:

Did anyone get a copy they can share? Or a screenshot so we can see the new logo? :pray:

Edit: ok, his Insta story has a link to a snippet on Tiktok. 

:wub2::cheer::cheer::cheer::wub2:

I LOVE IT! ❤️

Edited by Hero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh, he wants us to record our own performance and post it on TikTok!!!!

The single will be released next week.

Yes, I think they want to create a buzz for the song, ahead of its release. So everyone who has Tiktok, go and use the song as a sound in your videos, the more the better! And interact with the videos already posted (you can see them if you click on the little song icon on the bottom right in Mika's post) - Tiktoks algorithm has to know that everyone loves this song. ;)

• Like 12

Managed to hear the snippet on youtube this morning before it became unavailable and I absolutely love it!

Feels somewhat of a different style for Mika but still with that upbeat vibe to the melody that we're used to with his more catchy songs. Very much a song that I want to get up and dance to!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Feels somewhat of a different style for Mika but still with that upbeat vibe to the melody that we're used to with his more catchy songs. Very much a song that I want to get up and dance to!

I agree! I wonder which part of the song this is? I guess bridge + ending, because the chorus is repeated a few times, it has a song ending vibe

Edited by Tori13
  • Like 4

What good news ! :lol: I'm happy to hear that !  It seems like a song I will like, at least I know for sure I will probably deeply love the lyrics and message, and the chorus is already hyper-catchy and give this urge to dance ! 

And plus, it will be released just before Chalons' gig, so, maybe I will hear it live very, very soon, too ! :boing:

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Yes, I think they want to create a buzz for the song, ahead of its release. So everyone who has Tiktok, go and use the song as a sound in your videos, the more the better! And interact with the videos already posted (you can see them if you click on the little song icon on the bottom right in Mika's post) - Tiktoks algorithm has to know that everyone loves this song. ;)

Time to use Tik Tok again :wink2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/21/2023 at 12:54 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've read the first raw version of the new song.

Really, really it made me cry like a child.....

And even it's not a final one I think the main meaning is there.

image.thumb.png.aa19649931ef71072200b68c4f74ea49.png

Why these wrinkles on my face? 

Where they come from?

Even if getting older is like a sinking ship...

What could we do without love?

My brothers and sisters' hearts are heavy

Did you locked well the door?

This is life (x3)

Because this is life (x3)

There was a party...... so why it becomes blury?

We were fighting, we were traveling a lot.

This is life, this is life

May heads bloom, bloom again

image.thumb.png.02812e83e66c54ff5605652acb8fa090.png

This is life (x3)

Because this is life (x3)

So life, look at me, 

I will never be afraid of you again

With flowers

even in silence

she sais to me

she sais to me...

(dance ?)

Reposting this as someone was looking for lyrics

For me he sings "elle me le dit, elle me dit danse" at the end of the chorus

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Managed to hear the snippet on youtube this morning before it became unavailable and I absolutely love it!

I actually think it's very much Mika's style, although here you also have the melancholy in the melody instead of just in the lyrics, as he used to do it in the early days. With Yoyo it was the same, but I'd rate Yoyo more as a dance song, while C'est La Vie is clearly Pop to me. Danceable Pop, but although there's a lot of repetitions in the song (which make it super catchy), the melody stands out and does its own thing, supporting the lyrics in such a beautiful way that it gives me goosebumps. :wub2:

1 hour ago, Tori13 said:

I agree! I wonder which part of the song is this? I guess bridge + ending, because the chorus is repeated a few times, it has a song ending vibe

Yes, I think what you can hear at the beginning of the snippet is the bridge.

• Like 7

Ok I wasn‘t sure if I should participate or not as I‘m not really sure about the song yet and will wait until it‘s fully released.

But since we‘re talking about genres and musicality… This song is giving me massive Schlager vibes!

I absolutely love the lyrics (the depth, the callback to elle me dit) but musically it is just SO simple.

• Like 3

Don't know if that's useful at that point, but the lyrics of the snippet are clearly :

Car je n'aurai plus peur de toi

Avec des fleurs, même en silence

Elle me le dit, elle me le dit

Alors la vie, regarde moi

car je n'aurais plus peur de toi

Avec des fleurs, même en silence

Elle me le dit, elle me dit danse

(Because I will not be afraid of you anymore

With flowers, even in silence

She tells me it, she tells me it

So, life, look at me

Because I will not be afraid of you anymore

With flowers, even in silence,

She tells me it, she tells me "dance")

And then, the chorus we already know... 

There was only some words we didn't have completely, I think. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Ok I wasn‘t sure if I should participate or not as I‘m not really sure about the song yet and will wait until it‘s fully released.

But since we‘re talking about genres and musicality… This song is giving me massive Schlager vibes!

I absolutely love the lyrics (the depth, the callback to elle me dit) but musically it is just SO simple.

I think it refers to French Chanson, which I guess is kinda the French version of Schlager. To me, what makes a song sound like Schlager is mainly the lyrics, which are often silly and interchangeable. And that's definitely not the case for C'est la vie. But yeah, I guess if you added a text by Helene Fischer to that song, it might fit to the beat & repetetive elements. :lol3: That could be true for many other pop songs too tho.

On 8/1/2023 at 6:51 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Guilty, my French is terrible (ironically it’s the same word in both French and English).

Yes, except that "terrible" can also mean "fantastic" in French. So, when you say in French that your French is "terrible," you might mean that your French is fantastic. :wink2:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

This song is giving me massive Schlager vibes!

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that, I hear that too! I'm very curious if it's the sound of the whole album or not

Edited by Tori13

Btw, I love that they made the cover look like someone (life?) had thrown Mika at the wall and he's leaving a pink stripe there while falling on the floor. It fits to the "when life is shit, dance", it's funny and sad at the same time... even the flower is hanging its head. I wonder if he'll make a series of this artwork for the next releases, like in the next one he'd get up, in another one he'd dance, or something... :dunno_grin:

And I also love how he teased the artwork in his post about the tour a few weeks ago, with the 💚🩷💚🩷💚🩷 hearts. :wub2:

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, mellody said:

Btw, I love that they made the cover look like someone (life?) had thrown Mika at the wall and he's leaving a pink stripe there while falling on the floor. It fits to the "when life is s**t, dance", it's funny and sad at the same time... even the flower is hanging its head. I wonder if he'll make a series of this artwork for the next releases, like in the next one he'd get up, in another one he'd dance, or something... :dunno_grin:

And I also love how he teased the artwork in his post about the tour a few weeks ago, with the 💚🩷💚🩷💚🩷 hearts. :wub2:

https://twitter.com/mikasounds/status/1690014133087850496

Screenshot2023-08-26at09-12-00MIKAonX.thumb.png.73313658646811f295416dde67fc11e0.png

Screenshot2023-08-26at09-12-00MIKAonX.thumb.png.a19af2036c56ef80bbf90ff709e13005.png

• Like 4

What's also interesting is that the photo of him on the cover is in colour, and even putting a focus on the colour. The covers of Ice Cream and Tiny Love also had a colour pic of him, but there the colours were still more around him, while here he even leaves a stripe of colour on the wall.

• Like 2