Mika's French album, out on 1 December 2023!

mellody

14 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So could somebody post a short (or long :wink2:) report about the listening of the new album with Mika the 21st in Paris?

From what I read on Twitter, they all had to sign a nondisclosure agreement and aren't allowed to say anything until December 1st. I don't get it, I thought the whole point of a prelistening is that those who were there can feed all these little teasers and informations to those who weren't, to make them even more curious to finally hear those songs?! That's what we did back in 2012, I had pen and paper and wrote down what we heard, some of the things Mika said, lyric bits I remembered, and shared all that with the other fans. Of course it was different... we didn't even know the tracklist of the album at that point, it was several months before the release (July, and the release was in mid September). I think they even changed the production of Step with Me after that, at least I remembered it a lot differently than what we heard on the album later. Anyway, I don't get this secrecy. Of course they can't let people share the actual songs, but that they can't even tell what they're about, what style they are, how they sound, etc., is just weird. :dunno: And even more unfair towards all the (especially international) fans who couldn't attend the prelistening.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

From what I read on Twitter, they all had to sign a nondisclosure agreement and aren't allowed to say anything until December 1st.

Awww no! I was really looking forward to reading some kind of report from the fans who went, even if it was just a little tease of something! 

I agree that it doesn't seem fair that they're not even allowed to talk about the sound, melody or even themes of certain songs. I'm really surprised at the secrecy too :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

From what I read on Twitter, they all had to sign a nondisclosure agreement and aren't allowed to say anything until December 1st. I don't get it, I thought the whole point of a prelistening is that those who were there can feed all these little teasers and informations to those who weren't, to make them even more curious to finally hear those songs?! That's what we did back in 2012, I had pen and paper and wrote down what we heard, some of the things Mika said, lyric bits I remembered, and shared all that with the other fans. Of course it was different... we didn't even know the tracklist of the album at that point, it was several months before the release (July, and the release was in mid September). I think they even changed the production of Step with Me after that, at least I remembered it a lot differently than what we heard on the album later. Anyway, I don't get this secrecy. Of course they can't let people share the actual songs, but that they can't even tell what they're about, what style they are, how they sound, etc., is just weird. :dunno: And even more unfair towards all the (especially international) fans who couldn't attend the prelistening.

I am wondering if there was one at that point because we should have heard a bit about it....even just seing a video of his departure after and saying good bye... which wouldn't go against what people signed....but it is so quiet

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sara penny said:

in my opinion it's right because if everyone doesn't give us previews, we lose the surprise created by the new songs. In fact, I hope that Mika will tell us some curiosities about them without making us hear them all first.

In 2012 we kept all the teasers to a specific thread, so those who didn't want to know could avoid that particular thread. It's probably harder on Twitter, but well... half of the fans want to know, the other half doesn't, but I assume this is not the reason for their secrecy. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

And even more unfair towards all the (especially international) fans who couldn't attend the prelistening.

Exactly! I was so looking forward to read some reviews... so what was the point of the whole event, since only a few people could attend and they are not allowed to tell their opinion? It's not like they secretly recorded the songs and share, only give their personal opinion. Which can be very subjective from one to another fan, so wouldn't harm the album's releasing or change any future plans :dunno: 

At least some info about the topics of the songs, the style and rhythm, some general opinions, that would only increase the excitement overall, imo.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mellody said:

From what I read on Twitter, they all had to sign a nondisclosure agreement and aren't allowed to say anything until December 1st.

Possibly they were worried that someone might just record the whole thing and leak it online. Not just by phones, it wouldn't be difficult these days for someone to go in wearing a bug for secret recording. Short of strip searching everyone on the way in, nondisclosure is probably the only legal recourse to try and prevent it. 

It is a shame though. But, not too long to wait now! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

Possibly they were worried that someone might just record the whole thing and leak it online. Not just by phones, it wouldn't be difficult these days for someone to go in wearing a bug for secret recording. Short of strip searching everyone on the way in, nondisclosure is probably the only legal recourse to try and prevent it. 

It is a shame though. But, not too long to wait now! 

It looks like people were allowed to keep their mobile. Fans took photos inside the place. 

So if anybody recorded some pieces of the songs Universal has to trust that it will not be used before December th 1st.

Well. I can wait till then. But really what was the point of this event? Was Mika telling the stories about songs? Did he actually say something?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Was Mika telling the stories about songs? Did he actually say something?

I can't find it anymore on Twitter, but someone said they didn't get to talk with him, but he told things about the songs.

So I assume it was similar to the one in 2012, he told a bit about each song, and after that we had a Q&A, but we didn't get personal time with him (talking, photos, autographs).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tori13 said:

Does anyone know if the album release is at midnight or later during the day? :D

It will be at midnight, the official time around the world is Friday at 00:01 local time :original:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 5

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0RHKjxIFqS/

Ce soir à minuit sort le nouvel album de @mikainstagram tout en français. J’ai eu le privilège de coécrire 7 chansons: Bougez, C’est la vie, Sweetie Banana, Amour pirate, Doucement, Moi Andy et Paris, Touche touche.
La pop française et anglaise réunies. Que la pop fleurisse toujours 🌹🍀
@renaudre
@tristansalvati
@valerielemercier
@carladecoignac

405222352_272392752471903_4955181574869700127_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1