Mika's French album, out on 1 December 2023!

mellody

4 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

The songs were released midnight French time, so we could listen to them earlier here in the US. Will it be the same for the album 🤔 

It seems the album will be also released on midnight French time indeed, from what I see on Amazon.

Edited by krysady

Being a non-French speaker, I hadn't intended to buy this album.  However, some of the snippets have sounded really interesting, even if I don't really understand the lyrics.  But I think I'd like to hear some of the tracks in full before I buy it.

• Like 5

Oh, I LOVE it! Beautiful, touching, considered, intelligent, honest... I already loved JSQJT from the snippet, even more now. And Amour Pirate blew me away, I wasn't sure on the snippet but my god it's so good. And Passager, so touchingly beautiful. It's wonderful. ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, silver said:

Being a non-French speaker, I hadn't intended to buy this album.  However, some of the snippets have sounded really interesting, even if I don't really understand the lyrics.  But I think I'd like to hear some of the tracks in full before I buy it.

You can check them all on youtube playlist and the lyrics are in the description in French but if you click on  transcript they are translated in English for all the songs.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful!!  I'll have to read the lyrics in english to get a deeper understanding but the softness in the melodies and especially in his voice is absolutely beautiful. I love every song but the ones I like best are Moi, Andy et Paris and Je sais que je t'aime ❤

• Like 3

I couldn't stay up till midnight but I did wake up extra early for this album today, still absolutely worth it!

It's beautiful and packed so full of emotion, I am truly in love with this album. Je sais que je t’aime is certainly something special and I adore Moi, Andy and Paris! Bougez and Touche Touche are the ones I'll dance like crazy to as well! Every song is perfect! I just want to listen to this album on repeat over and over again.

Even though English transcription is on YouTube I hope the French fans will still share the translations here on the forum. I'm not sure if the lyrics online are 100% correct.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, silver said:

Same but I think I will end up buying it anyway :lmfao: I really like the artwork and there are a couple of great songs I do enjoy even without understanding the lyrics (or at least most of them). 

8 hours ago, emilynxlan said:

I don't know what he's saying but girl I am living 

can relate :biggrin2:

I see most of us share the same favourite songs, so far I like Je sais que je t'aime, Moi, Andy et Paris and Passager the most. Touche Touche is my favourite upbeat song. The second half of the album is really strong. As usual, the singles are some of my lesser favourites... :teehee: 

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 3

On 11/22/2023 at 10:30 PM, vanessa-love-mika said:

We're not allowed to say anything before the album release, sorry :no:

And now?? :original: We would love a detailed report about that event.

EDIT: I was wondering if he gave you more detailed explanations about the meaning of the songs.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 4

The album is so good! I shouldn't be surprised but my expectations were quite low to be honest, I didn't like the first singles that much and even though I don't mind a few French songs, I've never listened to a French album before. I thought I will only enjoy a few songs but it's really growing on me, I can't stop listening to it since yesterday and the songs are getting better. That's so unexpected for me, but it seems the Mika magic it's there, even though I don't understand most of the lyrics. I'm also really grateful Mika did these reels about each song so I get the meaning a bit better, it makes it easier to get an idea about the songs.

• Like 5

From what i can decipher on the link in the Mikastore email i received a couple days ago my album is either supposed to arrive Dec 5th or it doesn't ship until the 5th?!?! So, can someone who has the album already pretty please post pics of the album credits? I'm very curious. Thanks!

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

For some reason my album tracking from the French store is showing as being in India at the moment 🤨 It shipped during the week so I'm hoping it's just a glitch and it's not been sent to India instead of Ireland... 

4 hours ago, kreacher said:

From what i can decipher on the link in the Mikastore email i received a couple days ago my album is either supposed to arrive Dec 5th or it doesn't ship until the 5th?!?! So, can someone who has the album already pretty please post pics of the album credits? I'm very curious. Thanks!

I think it will arrive on the 5th, but we will see. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kreacher said:

I hope these pictures are ok, the top edges of them look a little blurry to me so if you have trouble reading them just let me know 🙂

Credit pages from the booklet:

20231203_132433.thumb.jpg.12f460ae9b891ee5c39ee7a02e241231.jpg

20231203_132618.thumb.jpg.6e3bb0fcd64bc54ef634a30acb140808.jpg

20231203_132738.thumb.jpg.f64e781bb27dec571ac2ec980ae89b7b.jpg

20231203_132856.thumb.jpg.fe70fbd692cf25f9cbe890770774192f.jpg

close up of the dedication:

20231203_133014.thumb.jpg.f36fb632ffa572297fc21516e70780a0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I hope these pictures are ok, the top edges of them look a little blurry to me so if you have trouble reading them just let me know 🙂

Credit pages from the booklet:

20231203_132433.thumb.jpg.12f460ae9b891ee5c39ee7a02e241231.jpg

20231203_132618.thumb.jpg.6e3bb0fcd64bc54ef634a30acb140808.jpg

20231203_132738.thumb.jpg.f64e781bb27dec571ac2ec980ae89b7b.jpg

20231203_132856.thumb.jpg.fe70fbd692cf25f9cbe890770774192f.jpg

close up of the dedication:

20231203_133014.thumb.jpg.f36fb632ffa572297fc21516e70780a0.jpg

Obviously, MF stands for Mother F***ers! Isn’t that how he lovingly calls us? :biggrin2:

Actually, someone asked yesterday what MF stands for; apparently Mika said “Mes Fans” :thumb_yello: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Obviously, MF stands for Mother F***ers! Isn’t that how he lovingly calls us? :biggrin2:

😆

I was actually going to say the same thing when I very first saw it on Friday!

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Actually, someone asked yesterday what MF stands for; apparently Mika said “Mes Fans” :thumb_yello: 

But it looks like I was right with this! 😁

(I had guessed this in the Social Media thread!).

• Like 1