Mika's French album, out on 1 December 2023!

mellody

16 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Actually, someone asked yesterday what MF stands for; apparently Mika said “Mes Fans” :thumb_yello: 

From what I know, when someone asked him the meaning of MF, he didn't want to answer. Then that fan asked him if it's "My Fans" and he looked surprised and said something like "Yeah sure" :aah:  So judging by his reaction, we can be sure it's not the real meaning :teehee:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I hope these pictures are ok, the top edges of them look a little blurry to me so if you have trouble reading them just let me know 🙂

Credit pages from the booklet:

20231203_132433.thumb.jpg.12f460ae9b891ee5c39ee7a02e241231.jpg

20231203_132618.thumb.jpg.6e3bb0fcd64bc54ef634a30acb140808.jpg

20231203_132738.thumb.jpg.f64e781bb27dec571ac2ec980ae89b7b.jpg

20231203_132856.thumb.jpg.fe70fbd692cf25f9cbe890770774192f.jpg

close up of the dedication:

20231203_133014.thumb.jpg.f36fb632ffa572297fc21516e70780a0.jpg

Look at all the instruments for Je sais que je t'aime!

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, krysady said:

From what I know, when someone asked him the meaning of MF, he didn't want to answer. Then that fan asked him if it's "My Fans" and he looked surprised and said something like "Yeah sure" :aah:  So judging by his reaction, we can be sure it's not the real meaning :teehee:

It could be 'Mes Fesses'. :naughty:

• Haha 7

Does anyone find that some of these songs seem to segue into other Mika songs?  If I hum "Jane Birkin" to myself, I find I wander off into "Rain".  And "Je sais que je t'aime" ends up as "Underwater".

• Like 5

20 hours ago, silver said:

Does anyone find that some of these songs seem to segue into other Mika songs?  If I hum "Jane Birkin" to myself, I find I wander off into "Rain".  And "Je sais que je t'aime" ends up as "Underwater".

Definitely! During the bridge of 30 Secondes, I can hear the sound of Good Guys. And on Touche Touche there's a part that's similar to a bit from L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, silver said:

When I started singing C'est la vie cover I slipped into Elle me dit and I sang Elle me dit c'est la vie and I burst into laughter. It's true and I love it :wub2:

• Like 2

On 12/3/2023 at 3:19 PM, krysady said:

Yup, this. It was the French girls next to me who asked, and I just understood "mes fans" and that he replied to them "no, it's not Mylene Farmer", seems someone had asked that too. So I said half to myself, half to Nina, "ah, mes fans, that makes sense - so that's what MF means?" and then Mika looked at me, and I think he said something like "yeah, my fans!" - it seemed very genuine (he might be a bad actor, but he's a good liar! :aah:), so I thought that was it, until the French girls told me the whole conversation later. 🙈 

I assume it's Marc-Olivier Fogiel. Maybe he was the first to suggest that M does an album in French, and/or the most supportive of it?

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, mellody said:

I assume it's Marc-Olivier Fogiel. Maybe he was the first to suggest that M does an album in French, and/or the most supportive of it?

Yes, I think the same, he is helping Mika a lot with promotion. If that's the case, this is a great honor, imo :original:

• Like 2

I saw people ranking the songs so I wanted to share my personal current ranking after being addicted to the album for 5 days: :teehee:

1. Je Sais Que Je T'aime

2. Moi, Andy Et Paris

3. Passager 

4. Bougez

5. Jane Birkin (grew on me a lot lately)

6. 30 Secondes (this one also)

7. Touche Touche (used to be in my top 5 but I guess now I prefer JB and 30s)

8. Apocalypse Calypso (from 8. to 10., it's pretty even to me tbh)

9. Amour Pirate

10. Doucement

11. C'est La Vie (I'm really sorry, I like the "EMD" bridge but otherwise, it's not my cup of tea musically)

12. Sweetie Banana (it's not bad but tbh, I do skip it sometimes :mf_rosetinted: also after Lollipop and Ice Cream... I don't trust Mika singing about bananas :mf_rosetinted: If that makes me go to the NC, it's all Mika's fault.)

It's still impressive that I like all the songs in the top 10, only the last two I skip sometimes when I'm listening multiple times... I think that's great considering it's a French album. :fisch:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Actually, when I got the limited vinyl today and saw Mika sitting on that cloud with those colours, suddenly this came to my mind: :cloud: And a little bit the MFC background colours... haha, imagine if Mika saw :cloud: on here and decided, yup, that's what I want my album cover to look like! :lol3: He did say in one of the interviews that this album is for all the daydreamers. So although his face and posture on the cover don't really look like he's dreaming, maybe him on a cloud is a reference to that. Did he speak about it in one of the interviews? I'm sure I've missed a few, there were so many! 🙈

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

He did say in one of the interviews that this album is for all the daydreamers. So although his face and posture on the cover don't really look like he's dreaming, maybe him on a cloud is a reference to that. Did he speak about it in one of the interviews? I'm sure I've missed a few, there were so many! 🙈

Just popping in on the forum and I see your question, here are the notes we took at the listening party when Mika mentioned the cover :

Doucement 

About the idea of flying over your problems. That's where the cover is from. On the cover he's not dead like some ppl seem to think nor some Italian reference he said (Padre something) but it's about the idea of daydreaming. Always be a daydreamer even when growing up. 

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, camille* said:

Just popping in on the forum and I see your question, here are the notes we took at the listening party when Mika mentioned the cover :

Doucement 

About the idea of flying over your problems. That's where the cover is from. On the cover he's not dead like some ppl seem to think nor some Italian reference he said (Padre something) but it's about the idea of daydreaming. Always be a daydreamer even when growing up. 

thank you!

On 12/1/2023 at 11:41 PM, krysady said:

And now?? :original: We would love a detailed report about that event.

EDIT: I was wondering if he gave you more detailed explanations about the meaning of the songs.

Sorry for the late answer! I just came back home from Paris and I had left my notes at home on my computer!

But the explanations are pretty much the same that he gave in the tiktok videos he did. Except for some songs like Passager where he only said that some songs speak for themselves and he doesn't need to explain them

And he also said that Bougez will be a single in the future but maybe not the next one

Also he said that he would like to re record the songs after the tour with new arrangements to keep them alive / not 'frozen'

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

13 hours ago, vanessa-love-mika said:

Sorry for the late answer! I just came back home from Paris and I had left my notes at home on my computer!

But the explanations are pretty much the same that he gave in the tiktok videos he did. Except for some songs like Passager where he only said that some songs speak for themselves and he doesn't need to explain them

And he also said that Bougez will be a single in the future but maybe not the next one

Also he said that he would like to re record the songs after the tour with new arrangements to keep them alive / not 'frozen'

Thank you! 

• Like 1

My personal ranking after listening to it several times.

I have three songs in the first place:

1. Je Sais Que Je T'aime, 30 Secondes and Passager

2.Jane Birkin

3.C'est La Vie

4.Moi, Andy et Paris

5. Doucement

6. Apocalypse Calypso

7.Amour Pirate

8.Touche Touche

9. Bougez

10. Sweetie Banana

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The album has been on repeat since its release and my mind and heart has just exploded - in the best possible way.

I started a drawing trying to capture the essence of this album, what it provokes in me. But….I notice that I haven’t wrapped my head or heart around it yet. I think I am going to let it sit for a little bit and just enjoy it without expressing myself too much. Which is unlike what I usually do, because usually I feel I am more than ready to put something on paper. This time it is the opposite: I feel this album shows such a tender side of Mika that I don’t want to ruin it with mere scribbling and dashes of colour. I want to honour the image and the intention. If that makes sense.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

For those who like to collect different versions of MIKA CDs, a new version of Que ta tête fleurisse toujours was released last month in France (and some parts of Europe?) called the "MOINS CH€R MAINTENANT edition" with a discounted price.

https://www.fnac.com/a19538713/Mika-Que-ta-tete-fleurisse-toujours-Edition-Limitee-CD-album

Based on previous experience, it probably is a version with an extra slipcase of the same cover.

Que-ta-tete-fleurie-toujours-Edition-Limitee[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1