Mika announces the Apocalypse Calypso Tour 2024!

mellody

5 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

This is all very exciting and I'm happy that Mika will be performing new music for this tour but I'm allowed to be a little sad that there's no UK date right? :(

Seeing as this is taking up the whole of March I hope Mika might go to more countries afterwards.

Anyway, he is going to be one very busy man! Now to find out his secret for how he fits in time to sleep . . .

I expect Mika will do several gigs again in the UK next spring like he did this year, especially if he appears on the second season of The Piano.

I wonder when he'll return to North America - will he wait until his English-language album  is ready? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kath said:

Very happy for everyone that will be able to see Mika. 😘But I too am very disappointed that there are no UK dates. 😢

I guess we have to wait for the English album for UK date(s).

• Like 1

Well,that's great for french fans, nor for me. 

I will wait for the English album to see if it comes close to where I live and also for a summer festival like this year.  Someone close the  the Cap Roig organization told me that he was in negotiations with ¡Pedralbes festiva (now with another name)to come back again  :pray: we'll see... but it's likely that he will return to Cap Roig. festival. That's enough for me right now.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tami said:

How long does it usually take for a venue to be sold out? Is it important to buy a ticket as soon as possible or could I wait until next year? I am thinking about going to the one in Berlin.

I'd buy one as soon as possible.  Mika hasn't done a gig in Germany for years so demand might be high.  On the other hand, there might be tickets available near the time of the concert as people have spare tickets or find they are unable to go.

• Like 1

Are these all standing? I was reading an online review for the Marseille venue, and it was complaining about the small hard plastic seats. 

Not that we'd be sat for long, but nice to know if we have the option. :teehee: :old:

• Like 2

Just now, Hero said:

Are these all standing? I was reading an online review for the Marseille venue, and it was complaining about the small hard plastic seats. 

Not that we'd be sat for long, but nice to know if we have the option. :teehee: :old:

Yes, I was wondering that! What do you reckon the best French venues are?

1 hour ago, kath said:

Very happy for everyone that will be able to see Mika. 😘But I too am very disappointed that there are no UK dates. 😢

1 hour ago, silver said:

This is only for March/Easter. There's still the summer festival dates tbc.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hero said:

This is only for March/Easter. There's still the summer festival dates tbc.

And Jan/Feb. And April/May/June etc. This is only one month out of the year, the tip of the iceberg for 2024! No need for wailing and gnashing of teeth yet! :dunno_grin:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kath said:

3 hours ago, silver said:

52 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

And Jan/Feb. And April/May/June etc. This is only one month out of the year, the tip of the iceberg for 2024! No need for wailing and gnashing of teeth yet! :dunno_grin:

I don't expect much for the time before this tour, but I also think there might be more afterwards. It looks like Mika will be doing The Piano in the UK again, and I'd be surprised if he didn't do a few gigs as well this time, he saw this year how succesful it was! And he hasn't announced The Piano yet either, so it's likely the UK fans will get news eventually. :)

I'm curious how it is with Italy, I see a lot of people complaining on Instagram. Mika did several gigs in Italy this summer, so I thought the Italian fans might have expected the new tour with the French album to be just in France... it's a big surprise anyway that he's bringing it to Amsterdam and Berlin (less surprised about Belgium & Switzerland)! Who knows what other surprises he has for us. :lol3:

3 hours ago, Tami said:

How long does it usually take for a venue to be sold out? Is it important to buy a ticket as soon as possible or could I wait until next year? I am thinking about going to the one in Berlin.

I agree with what the others said. The venue is rather small, compared to the others of the tour, it's the last gig of the tour (for now), the only one in Germany, and he hasn't been here for 12 years (Berlin 14 years). Berlin didn't sell super well the last times he played there, I think... but he seems to be getting more fans in Germany since Eurovision, and there'll be lots of people travelling to this gig, I suppose.

So, generally, it depends on the venue/city/date how fast it sells out. Always hard to tell, but as silver says, you might also be lucky to get a ticket next year from someone else, if it's sold out. 

Btw, I'm also wondering if there might be more dates in Germany / Austria if the Berlin one sells really well. :cloud: Ok ok I know, I shouldn't be greedy, Berlin is already much more than I had expected! But one can dream, right? :lol3:

• Like 4

I am beyond excited he is coming the the Netherlands (last time in 2020) and then Germany (even longer ago!!)!! I do understand that it’s a special feeling when he comes to your country and it’s a disappointment if he doesn’t… but but but, I just want to be happy and spread happiness with Amsterdam and Berlin for now ❤️

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

Btw, I'm also wondering if there might be more dates in Germany / Austria if the Berlin one sells really well.

Exactly, that's why it's important for as many as possible to support it. Good sales = further opportunities. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goose said:

Yes, I was wondering that! What do you reckon the best French venues are?

I was going to ask a similar question, I've no experience with the arenas. But looking at the online reviews, Paris Accor Arena is top. 

What say the more experienced fans? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hero said:

I was going to ask a similar question, I've no experience with the arenas. But looking at the online reviews, Paris Accor Arena is top. 

What say the more experienced fans? 

How do you define "best"? The security at Bercy (Accor Hotels Arena) was completely rubbish the 3 times I was there to see Mika. The first 2 times they messed up the entry, so queueing all day became pretty much obsolete (which might be a positive thing, but probably if you say "ah, then I won't bother queueing!" it'll be the other way round :lmfao:), the 3rd time I had seats but some of the securities wouldn't let us take the papers for the fanaction inside. So I can't be bothered with going to Paris this time - unless Mika is doing something special there that he'll announce in advance, and it wouldn't surprise me if he did, a huge arena like Bercy definitely is special to him.

Luxembourg always is fab, I really enjoyed the 2 gigs I saw at the Rokhal. Also great security/staff there. Strasbourg Zenith is also a fab venue imo... but it's in the middle of nowhere and the shopping mall that's nearby is probably closed on Sundays. However, there are toilets in front of the venue, but I don't remember if they were open all day.

I also know the venues in Amsterdam and Brussels, not pretty, but great atmosphere at the Mika gigs I saw there. Dunno about the other French venues, I haven't been there.

Thinking about going to Nancy the day before Strasbourg - it's kinda nearby, and a Saturday. :)

• Like 3

Yes, I agree that hopefully there will be something in the UK next year. But as ever, it’s the not knowing. If I knew there was definitely going to be something here I would be happy to wait- but as I don’t, I’m thinking ‘is it possible for me to go to one of these dates’- which it probably isn’t. 
Great news about a second series of The Piano though- and a Christmas special. 

• Like 2

So I was scrolling through Twitter and there is a presale for Riffx (https://riffx.fr/) members that already starts Monday September 11th at 10am. Riffx partners with Ticketmaster and all French dates are mentioned on their website (https://riffx.fr/billetterie/

I think that you need both an account for Riffx and for Ticketmaster France to enter the presale, but I’m not sure if the presale is only for certain dates, or for all dates. I believe Accor Arenas (Paris) has announced that they will.

If it’s all standing I don’t think it matters to enter the presale. I don’t think Mika will be sold out the first day. But since we don’t know which gigs are standing or seated I wanted to take a look anyway on Monday. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

So I was scrolling through Twitter and there is a presale for Riffx (https://riffx.fr/) members that already starts Monday September 11th at 10am. Riffx partners with Ticketmaster and all French dates are mentioned on their website (https://riffx.fr/billetterie/

I think that you need both an account for Riffx and for Ticketmaster France to enter the presale, but I’m not sure if the presale is only for certain dates, or for all dates. I believe Accor Arenas (Paris) has announced that they will.

If it’s all standing I don’t think it matters to enter the presale. I don’t think Mika will be sold out the first day. But since we don’t know which gigs are standing or seated I wanted to take a look anyway on Monday. 

I think the presale for Paris is linked to a newsletter. Here is a link to subscribe to it: https://www.accorarena.com/fr/programmation/mika--53e53

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tami said:

Thanks to everyone for your replies :-)

I would love to see Mika live. I`ve never been to one of his concerts before. The problem is that I am not sure if I will be able to go. I have to be very careful not to catch Covid. Which means I wear a mask when I`m around people and I try to reduce contacts. I don`t know how I could make this concert Covid Safe for me. Even with the best mask I would still be surrounded by a few hundred people indoors. 

I`m thinking about buying 2 tickets now, just in case something changes for me until April and I would be able to go.

Would it be easy to re-sell my tickets a few weeks before the concert if it turns out that I won`t be able to use them?

5 minutes ago, Tami said:

Would it be easy to re-sell my tickets a few weeks before the concert if it turns out that I won`t be able to use them?

If the gigs would be sold out at that date, I think you'll be able to sell them, otherwise it's a bit risky.