New single: Jane Birkin, 17 November 2023

mellody

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

I slowed it down by half😅 As cute as the sped up version is, I prefer is non chipmunk voice lol. Had to reduce image quality to be able to post it

video-output-EFED8146-ACEB-4E1E-911E-542E3AC2047B.mov 359.84 MB · 4 downloads  

here.

This is so beautiful, made me cry! 🥹 :swoon:Thank you. I hope there'll be a chance to hear it live soon, in this super beautiful and touching acoustic version. :wub2:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Czwg6ljsyfr/

mikainstagram

Birkin ❤️ à la Piaf

Rehearsals in Paris

#newmusic out now

50% OFF version Jane Birkin rehearsals in Paris

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

I slowed it down by half😅 As cute as the sped up version is, I prefer is non chipmunk voice lol. Had to reduce image quality to be able to post it

video-output-EFED8146-ACEB-4E1E-911E-542E3AC2047B.mov 359.84 MB · 13 downloads  

here.

Thank you!! God those opening notes, his voice sounds so beautiful! I'm in love. Again! :lustslow::lol3:

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

video-output-EFED8146-ACEB-4E1E-911E-542E3AC2047B.mov 359.84 MB · 23 downloads  

here.

omg this is so beautiful and touching. now we need an acoustic version on the album from this song (and from Apocalypse Calypso as well)

• Like 7

On 11/17/2023 at 3:42 PM, mellody said:

He should have come out right at midnight, to party with you. :biggrin2: And done an IG live about it, so we could all have partied together. :wub2: :teehee:

I like how different people can interpret this song so differently, based on their own life experiences. :wub2: What Mika said in some interview a few weeks ago re. Jane Birkin, about sexual freedom and all that, isn't explicit in the lyrics, so to me it's mainly about feeling valued instead of judged, and I interpret "l'amour à la Birkin" as confidence, the love for yourself that gives you the strength to be and to show who you are without fearing other people's judgement.

The story Mika posted from that other interview yesterday (or was it 2 days ago already?), of him saying that some people shouldn't sing, made me think, because although it's not directed at anyone in particular, it's quite judgmental (and not very nice to say it so shortly after he asked people to sing along to his song, whether they can sing or not :no:). And in fact, when you yourself easily judge others, that makes you more worried of others judging you, because you assume others think the way you do. It's surely not the only reason for fearing judgment of others, but one of them. I didn't get to watch the whole interview yet and maybe he just had a bad day, I think usually he's not as quick with judgements but rather very empathetic (one reason why I love him :wub2:) - anyway I found it interesting to see this contrast between his words there and the lyrics of this song.

I love this part of the lyrics, it reminds me so much of what he keeps saying at his gigs, dance like no one is watching. :wub2: And maybe he says it there because it's his dream to do it, without feeling judged for it. At his gigs he can do it, and feel free, even though everyone is watching him, but not judging, not "killing him" with their eyes, but adoring him.

But I assume that when he's at a club it feels more like that to him:

(or maybe he had actual experiences of being laughed at for his way of dancing, he always seemed insecure about it, although I think his way of dancing is wonderful :wub2:) ... btw, Google translate tells me it's "too bad if my arms swing", and my dictionary tells me that "tant pis" can mean both "nevermind" and "too bad" ... I guess "too bad" might make more sense in the context of people laughing about him? But ofc I don't know the details of how to use and interpret it, just wondering if it could be the other option too or if it's clear in the context that it would be "nevermind" here?

And about the first lines, sometimes too big and sometimes too small, I wonder if maybe it stands for how you feel, that sometimes you feel like you're the king of the world (and maybe you get judged for that because it's not far from there to behaving snobbish) and sometimes you feel like you're nothing - so the confidence that comes and goes, like probably for most people. Could it mean that, or wouldn't you use these words for that at all in French?

Totally quote!!

I saw here the shy little Mika, feeling all eyes on his bow ties, here in "Si mes bras se balancent, tu te moques et tu ris", those laughs who make you want to disappear ("Souvent en m'effaçant, peu importe où je suis").

And the aspiration to forget those fears.

It would be more interesting if he would refer to self love :mikadas: , but maybe we will know better next months.

Anyway, after two days and a half, I can say: I love it.

The Kylie Minogue la la la, the first notes reminding of CLV, but with the sound of Jane Birkin songs, I imagine how we all will dance since the pre refrain, hands up, and closed eyes, dancing how he wants us to dance, without shame.

And now I will go and listen the acoustic version, I am sure I will  :swoon:.

• Like 6

Screenshot2023-11-21at09-18-02mikad6Eriko.thumb.png.a69a2fa888b78454811a2cbceaef6c1c.png

Official “Jane Birkin” lyrics :

Je suis
Parfois beaucoup trop grand

Parfois beaucoup trop petit

Je vis
Souvent en m'effaçant
Peu importe où je suis

Libre, libre, libre comme l'air
Vivre, vivre à ma manière
Libre, libre, je ne sais pas faire

Moi..

J'suis pas à l'aise dans mes Blue Jeans

Je rêve d'un amour à la Birkin
Tous ces regards qui m'assassinent

J'ose pas sortir de la piscine

Pour vivre mon rêve jusqu'au bout
J'aimerais seulement me dire que je m'en fous
J'suis pas à l'aise dans mes Blue Jeans
Je rêve d'un amour à la Jane Birkin

Cette nuit, j'suis un enfant qui danse

J'suis un homme qui s'oublie

Tant pis si mes bras se balancent

Tu te moques et tu ris

► Credits Lyrics & Music by MIKA

• Lyrics & Music by Renaud Rebillaud
  • Published By: Mika Punch, administered by Warner Chappell France / Gohan Music / Peermusic France / Daktari
  • Editions, administré par RightBack Music
  • Animator: Kayleigh Ariens @kayleemix

© 2023 MIKA PUNCH, in JV with Island Def Jam, Universal Music France.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Carla De Coignac ( co - author )

https://www.instagram.com/carladecoignac/ story

En savoir plus sur la chanson Jane Birkin de Mika.
Une chanson que j'ai eu l'immense honneur de co écrire avec @mikainstagram

Un hommage par un homme magicien des mots.

Liberté

Amour

Poésie

Osez sortir de la piscine

:uk: Google translator

Learn more about the song Jane Birkin by Mika.
A song that I had the immense honor of co-writing with @mikainstagram

A tribute by a man who is a magician of words.

Freedom

Love

Poetry

Dare to get out of the pool

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Carla De Coignac ( co - author )

https://www.instagram.com/carladecoignac/ story

En savoir plus sur la chanson Jane Birkin de Mika.
Une chanson que j'ai eu l'immense honneur de co écrire avec @mikainstagram

Un hommage par un homme magicien des mots.

Liberté

Amour

Poésie

Osez sortir de la piscine

:uk: Google translator

Learn more about the song Jane Birkin by Mika.
A song that I had the immense honor of co-writing with @mikainstagram

A tribute by a man who is a magician of words.

Freedom

Love

Poetry

Dare to get out of the pool

"Osez sortir de la piscine" :punk:

Edited by Valmont69
  • Haha 1

I love the new lyric video for Jane Birkin so much! I love the simplicity of the animation, it actually makes me want to draw in that style. In a way I find it inspiring, another intention of the lyrics I think.

I really can't help but sing along to this when it comes on, the lyric video helps but I don't think I'll be learning French any time soon 😅

• Like 4