2024 - MFC Party - London, 8th April: DETAILS

dcdeb

On 3/19/2024 at 6:35 PM, dcdeb said:

Who's ready to party? :partytime:

Well, after a lot, and I mean a LOT, of back and forth, I can finally announce the details for our MFC pre-gig party in London, on Monday, 8th April, the day before Mika's show at the Eventim Apollo on 9th April.

I've started this new thread with the details -- thought it was getting a little confusing in the previous thread.

So...

WHO: MIKA FAN CLUB (AKA US!)

WHAT: PRE-GIG PARTY

WHEN: MONDAY, 8TH APRIL, 6:30 TO 9:30PM

WHERE: THE DISTILLERS - HAMMERSMITH, 64 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 9PH

HOW: Anyway you want to, anyway you've got to... love love me... (oops!)

COST: £15/person payable at the door includes food and SOME drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). For those of you who have paid in advance, don't worry! I have you noted.

NOTE: The Distillers are expecting about 35-40 people, which is what I have on the list right now. If additional people show up unexpectedly, they can still join the party, but may have to pay extra for any food or beverage.

We will have our own private room and should be able to play our own music. They will serve us party platters with a variety of foods, including several gluten-free choices. Because we needed to pre-order, I've selected:

- Falafel & minted coconut yoghurt (pb)
- Sweetcorn Fritters, roasted tomato salsa (pb) GF
- ⁠Vietnamese spicy chicken wings GF
- Harissa prawn skewers, sriracha & honey mayo GF
- ⁠Mini fish & chips

If none of that appeals you, or you need more to eat, you should be able to order off the menu, but at your own expense.

For more info on the location:

https://www.distillershammersmith.co.uk/

As you can see, it's quite close to the Eventim Apollo -- which is one of the reasons I switched to this place over the other (The Crabtree) that I was in discussions with. Also, The Distillers had more GF options and were willing to come up with a way that we could use their private room. All in all, a win for us!

I think that's everything you need to know, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask below, or send me a private message.

--------------------------------------

PARTY PEOPLE

@dcdeb

@Hero

@FannySpina14

@Patricia Birden

@NaoMika ***

@tiibet

@Roxane

@Beatrixxx_always

@FGA13

@Maria War

@Prisca

@Sweetieval

@Manuela Ganzerla

@camille*

@Cerise

@lyli21

@wiki M

@Anilado

@Valmont69

@JojoGrape

@MUSICMIKA

@Gabry74

@GRAZIA ARTUSO

@ISAJF414

@Tunde Pfeffer ***

@CrazyChloe15 + 1

@catalana38 ***

@Katia SEKULA

@Nicou ***

@Glitterbug ***

@Vero Bott ***

@EmRay

@Kata

@M de Metz

@Gallois Lisa

@alicewinterland

@Phoebe Jeffery 
Phoebe's Mum

@frenchfan84

Maybe's/Latecomers
@Chiara 83

@sarahel

@TTel20

Add me to the list please, Deb.

• Like 1

Wonder if I am still able to be added to the list? May be coming with two friends too! Edit: 2 friends 

Edited by XaviMarc

Hiya thanks again for organising @dcdeb. Can now confirm I will definitely be there as I'm no longer visiting my parents that weekend due to the train strike 😁

Look forwards to meeting you

OK, I'm getting ready to leave, this time tomorrow I'll be in London, baby!

Looking forward to seeing you all there on Monday! :partytime:

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've just seen your story.

Your flight has been cancelled????

Yes, apparently bad storms in the UK -- Storm Kathleen? But I have been able to get on a flight later tonight, so I'll still get to London tomorrow, just later in the day. As long as THIS flight doesn't get delayed or canceled! :crossed:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, apparently bad storms in the UK -- Storm Kathleen? But I have been able to get on a flight later tonight, so I'll still get to London tomorrow, just later in the day. As long as THIS flight doesn't get delayed or canceled! :crossed:

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by Studios 2016

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TTel20 said:

I have no trains to get to London on Monday :sad: due to the strike

You could get a coach to London, there's always more than one way to get somewhere x

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TTel20 said:

I have no trains to get to London on Monday :sad: due to the strike

Hello! I have the same problem because I'm landing to Gatwick Airport but no worries, there's a lot of shuttle. For example you can take National Express Bus :)

1 hour ago, Florine said:

Hello! I have the same problem because I'm landing to Gatwick Airport but no worries, there's a lot of shuttle. For example you can take National Express Bus :)

That’s very kind. I live in the Uk, not far from London. Strike is affecting my train company so can’t travel. 

14 hours ago, CrazyChloe15 said:

You could get a coach to London, there's always more than one way to get somewhere x

And still have to go home after the party. It would be several buses and way longer journey which I can’t do due to my health. 

17 hours ago, TTel20 said:

And still have to go home after the party. It would be several buses and way longer journey which I can’t do due to my health. 

So does that mean you can’t come to the show either Christel?  Or is it just today that’s the problem? These strikes seem to go on indefinitely. :sad:

I had the chance to walk around Hammersmith yesterday and found the Distillers. It’s literally a few minutes around the corner and down the street from the venue, easy to find. 

looking forward to seeing you there! 

IMG_0670.jpeg

• Like 9

Hello Mfcers

Is anyone staying at Royal London hotel by Saba in Shepherd’s bush ?

If yes, let me know as I will be arriving this afternoon in London.

Happy you have finally arrived @dcdeband  thanks for the picture, that will be easier to find 👍🏻

See you tonight all  👋🏻

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

So does that mean you can’t come to the show either Christel?  Or is it just today that’s the problem? These strikes seem to go on indefinitely. :sad:

I have trains going to London on Tuesday but Tuesday is overtime ban strike so not sure about going home. I’m planning to go to the gig, just have to wait and see trains tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Hi! I had so much fun last Monday! But I didn't record anything 😔

Could anyone share some videos of the part where all of us were singing and dancing? Especially YoYo, Jane Birkin and C'est la vie 😏

Thank you!!! 😊

Edited by FGA13
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, FGA13 said:

Could anyone share some videos of the part where all of us were singing and dancing? Especially YoYo, Jane Birkin and C'est la vie 😏

Thank you!!! 😊

I'd like to see those videos as well. I hope we can collect all of them somewhere. I don't know if it is possible at all. But that Monday was amazing, all of you are amazing!  :partytime:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FGA13 said:

Thank you!!! 😊

Hey! 🤗 I've got just this tiny little bit of JB, hope someone recorded more 😊

It was lovely to meet you all ❤️

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...