titania

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

She seems to be such a lovely woman and it's really heartwarming to see her at all the gigs, actively supporting Mika (and I'm sure all her children) as well as going above and beyond for the fans. I know she is personally responsible for getting a couple of people who deserved passes into the afterparty and I'm glad she can be an extra pair of eyes and ears because Mika can't be everywhere at once to see that his wishes are carried out.

I also saw Mr. Penniman while Mika was speaking and he looked so happy and proud of his son. Again it was really heartwarming to see.

I have been lucky enough to see Mika 3 times...4 if you count that surprise gig a few hours after GMA

Where Mika is, there is his mum, just feet away or in the balcony. I saw her jamming to his music in the balcony at The House of Blues and she even took pictures of my family who were in the skybox across from her. :roftl: That made me laugh so much, but I suppose she wants these memories. I think she's deeply touched by the fans, sincere about everything and just a nice lady. I've never talked to her, because I'm always awe struck...but I did smile at her the first time I ever saw her as she walked past me and I got a smile:wub2:

I think she's amazing:wink2:

She seemed to be a lovely person before, but when I had the chance to meet her in November I understood that she's amazing. She is smart, beautiful and friendly. No wonder we use the same adjectives when talking about Mika. :)

Never seen this thread before and it turns out that it's been there forever!

I spoke to Mrs P on thursday night after the Brixton gig, although I was a bit aprehensive at first, cause I wasn't sure if we were "allowed" or if I'd be bothering her, but she seemed welcoming so I approached her...and also cause Mika had said "go ask my mum" about the tshirt, so I thought I had an excuse.....

Anyway I'm SO glad I did!! She's such a nice woman, so friendly, sweet, warm, genuine.....NORMAL.

I was really really impressed, she was incredibly nice, and I'm really happy that I got the chance to speak to her. She even told me that she'd burnt herself cooking:naughty: .

Oh and she has a very sweet voice.

Anyway I thought I'd share this.

I am just wondering if other fan sites feel as passionately about their star's mother as we do?

Is there a Thankyou Mrs Timberlake thread?

a Thankyou Mrs Williams thread?

a Thankyou Mrs. Stefani thread?

a Thankyou Mrs Spears thread.....oh maybe not...:wink2:

I am just wondering if other fan sites feel as passionately about their star's mother as we do?

Well... do other fan sites feel as passionately about their star's cameraman (busdriver... cue man) as we do? :naughty:

Unlike many other star mothers though, Mrs Penniman is an active and visible presence at shows, interacting with fans, helping things go smoothly... not to mention the fact that she makes Mika's stage clothes and generally has a huge impact in his life, and he often brings up how much he owes her in interviews, etc.

There is much reason for a Mrs Penniman thread! The entire Penniman family is rather special.

--Jack

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: funny lady!!!

you are sooooooooooo right!

• 1 year later...
Mika's mum is amazing! One of my friends on myspace is running a campaign to make her Prime Minister! LOL!

Mika's mum for Prime Minister! Yay!!!!

Seriously, I was just thinking about her today! I was thinking that when she made those momentous decisions, to keep him off school and then get him a singing teacher, she sealed his destiny. Getting him away from the bullies gave him the time to find himself and figure out what he wanted, and gave him the chance to figure out how to play the piano without music.

Getting him a singing teacher (she saw an advert apparently) helped him to learn to sing correctly!

Her influence has been so essencial in his life, even though it was eventually his own tenacity that got him the record deal and his marvelous career. But he (and us) owe so much to that 'wind beneath his wings' who is his mother!

Seriously, I was just thinking about her today! I was thinking that when she made those momentous decisions, to keep him off school and then get him a singing teacher, she sealed his destiny. Getting him away from the bullies gave him the time to find himself and figure out what he wanted, and gave him the chance to figure out how to play the piano without music.

Getting him a singing teacher (she saw an advert apparently) helped him to learn to sing correctly!

Her influence has been so essencial in his life, even though it was eventually his own tenacity that got him the record deal and his marvelous career. But he (and us) owe so much to that 'wind beneath his wings' who is his mother!

whata beautiful post :wub2:

I'd be curious to know how much credit Mika gives his mother for his success to date.

In my own situation, I'd hastily correct anyone who wanted to give props to my mother for any positive traits I may have - but my upbringing wasn't exactly roses and sunshine, and my relationship with her today is still rather precarious.

But in Mika's case, it seems his mother really did go to bat for him - one interview recently revealed that while he was out of school and focusing on his music lessons, his mother kept the fact that a minor was out of school a secret from the school board. Despite having four other kids to attend to, she managed to evaluate what her oldest son needed, and to do her best to provide that for him.

I'm clearly only speculating, but I would bet that if Mika were born to less caring, less supportive parents... well, we all wouldn't be hanging out on this website today. :wub2:

Never seen this thread before and it turns out that it's been there forever!

I spoke to Mrs P on thursday night after the Brixton gig, although I was a bit aprehensive at first, cause I wasn't sure if we were "allowed" or if I'd be bothering her, but she seemed welcoming so I approached her...and also cause Mika had said "go ask my mum" about the tshirt, so I thought I had an excuse.....

Anyway I'm SO glad I did!! She's such a nice woman, so friendly, sweet, warm, genuine.....NORMAL.

I was really really impressed, she was incredibly nice, and I'm really happy that I got the chance to speak to her. She even told me that she'd burnt herself cooking:naughty: .

Oh and she has a very sweet voice.

Anyway I thought I'd share this.

Havnet seen this thread before. These two posts are lovely:wub2: