Do you suffer from P.M.D? (Post Mika Depression)??????

BonjourMika1990

34 minutes ago, Dominika said:

It past so mady days after Barcelona and I can only say I'M JEALOUS I'M JEALOUS OF EVERYONE who can attend a couple of Mika gigs :crybaby: Besides how are you doing this with your jobs and financials!?

I miss Mika, miss the the excitement of waiting, I even miss the feeling of being tired after travel and waiting. Every minute is worth it!

Wish he performs somewhere closer where I live to not to travel sometimes few days but just to get the train and be there :emot-sad:

I know I shouldn't complain, I already saw him two times this year and each time I was able to talk to him. Others might not have such luck and I wish them to have such opportunity because it's truly dream come true. Happy to see videos from other gigs, it's fantastic that everyone are sharing their experiences but it's not the same as see him live.

ow. this all hit me right in the feels :sad:

• Like 2

On 12/16/2019 at 1:34 PM, Mikasister said:

You have to come to Barcelona next time. He delights us with a fantastic meet similar to the one in Pedralbes. You were there. We were really  lucky.  I was surprised by that meet, maybe it was because there  was no other door through which to leave the venue. :naughty:

But you are lucky enough attending so many gigs. I'll have to wait until Carcassonne and praying for some festival in Spain, something unlikely. :tears:

Well, just that you never know in advance when and where the good M&G's happen. :dunno:

It's true, I was often very lucky with seeing and meeting Mika and you could say I have no reason to complain. But that doesn't make the feelings any less hard. Sometimes it's harder if something is taken away from you that you used to have than if you never had it. :sad:

Anyway, after 4 days now I finally got over it, at least for now. I'll see how Paris goes, guess I won't have time for a lot of emotions with my son there, and unlike in Brussels, I have absolutely no expectations of meeting Mika or even just seeing him offstage. Guess that might help. :)

22 hours ago, Dominika said:

It past so mady days after Barcelona and I can only say I'M JEALOUS I'M JEALOUS OF EVERYONE who can attend a couple of Mika gigs :crybaby: Besides how are you doing this with your jobs and financials!?

:hug: Yeah, those who can attend one gig are jealous of those who can attend 2, those who attend 10 gigs are jealous of those who attend 20, and everyone to whose country Mika doesn't come probably is jealous of all those countries that can enjoy Mika regularly. At least I am. :teehee: I never really heard anyone say "ok I've got enough of Mika for the next few months now." :teehee:

About work, I was working up until August (freelance job), and as hubby pays for the necessary things with his full-time-job and I don't really spend much, I had some spare money I could spend. It's probably soon back to work for me, but as mostly I can only go to gigs on the weekends with some pre-notice, because of the kids, it wouldn't interfere much with work anyway. OK there are some Fridays and Mondays now that I'd need to take time off for - but with kids you don't have holidays anyway, so apart from 2 or 3 weeks per year that we spend travelling with the family, I can use my holidays for Mika gigs. Or I could. Can't even be away that much because of the kids. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

@mellody i think yes because is just one month that i see he in Turin and i would like to see he againnn!!! :thumb_yello: maybe next year i hope :making-a-wish: maybe on a meet and great some where but i don't have a car so i do tell my parents so i don't know but thank to this forum i saw all news and video about Mika thank alot

i listen Mika cd  every days he help me :yes:

Edited by Paoletta

• 1 month later...

I forgot I wasn't anymore in the thread of the three words only :teehee:

I feel really heartbroken and happy and melancholic at the same time and so disoriented .. thanks God there is an entire crazy crew here that fully understand what I mean and that is of great relief :fangurl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I haven't posted anything in this thread yet because in fact, I don't suffer from a Post Mika Depression after a gig. Actually the exact opposite, I have a Post Mika Mania. I knew that from gigs I experienced before Mika, I always keep the positive energy with me for a while but it never lasted as long and never was so strong like with him. I really feel happy, everything is brighter, I even smile more and I'm still in a good mood. It's like getting endorphins or being high, Mika just makes my life better (of course I'm not saying that drugs will make someone's life better, just for the record! :wags_finger:). 

However, that doesn't mean that sometimes I don't feel sad about missing all these fantastic gigs I can't go to. Like every "addict", right after getting my dose, I'm looking for the next one. When I know I'll get the next shot, it makes it a bit easier but still, I really feel every word @Dominika posted here a while ago:

On 12/17/2019 at 10:02 PM, Dominika said:

I miss Mika, miss the the excitement of waiting, I even miss the feeling of being tired after travel and waiting. Every minute is worth it!

Wish he performs somewhere closer where I live to not to travel sometimes few days but just to get the train and be there :emot-sad:

:yeah: I know that nobody can attend every gig of the tour. And I feel so grateful I could see him twice. There are so many fans who haven't been able to go to a gig at all. But like every addict, I wish for more. And I also wish it would be easier to see him. I travelled 2 700 km in total to see him twice and even though it was definitely worth it, it would be great if I could just decide to go to a gig, buy a ticket and travel maybe just a few hours to be there instead of looking for a direct bus connection that is only 9 hours long, not 12 and more, looking for an accommodation near the venue I can afford etc. For a student, it's quite an expensive hobby. I'm already saving money for Summer, for my trip to Verona, but at the same time I wish I could have been in Strasbourg yesterday even though I know I just can't be everywhere. 

On the other hand, I kind of like the travelling aspect to be honest, I've never travelled for gigs before, I always just went to gigs in my city and now thanks to Mika, it's a brand new experience for me and it's quite an adventure. The whole journey becomes a part of the concert experience. So I'm glad Mika encouraged me to travel more. However, you never get enough and my bank account isn't bottomless so I never stop dreaming of a gig near (= let's say less than 500 km :teehee:) me to see him again. :pray:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I have to say I haven't posted anything in this thread yet because in fact, I don't suffer from a Post Mika Depression after a gig. Actually the exact opposite, I have a Post Mika Mania. I knew that from gigs I experienced before Mika, I always keep the positive energy with me for a while but it never lasted as long and never was so strong like with him. I really feel happy, everything is brighter, I even smile more and I'm still in a good mood. It's like getting endorphins or being high, Mika just makes my life better (of course I'm not saying that drugs will make someone's life better, just for the record! :wags_finger:). 

However, that doesn't mean that sometimes I don't feel sad about missing all these fantastic gigs I can't go to. Like every "addict", right after getting my dose, I'm looking for the next one. When I know I'll get the next shot, it makes it a bit easier but still, I really feel every word @Dominika posted here a while ago:

:yeah: I know that nobody can attend every gig of the tour. And I feel so grateful I could see him twice. There are so many fans who haven't been able to go to a gig at all. But like every addict, I wish for more. And I also wish it would be easier to see him. I travelled 2 700 km in total to see him twice and even though it was definitely worth it, it would be great if I could just decide to go to a gig, buy a ticket and travel maybe just a few hours to be there instead of looking for a direct bus connection that is only 9 hours long, not 12 and more, looking for an accommodation near the venue I can afford etc. For a student, it's quite an expensive hobby. I'm already saving money for Summer, for my trip to Verona, but at the same time I wish I could have been in Strasbourg yesterday even though I know I just can't be everywhere. 

On the other hand, I kind of like the travelling aspect to be honest, I've never travelled for gigs before, I always just went to gigs in my city and now thanks to Mika, it's a brand new experience for me and it's quite an adventure. The whole journey becomes a part of the concert experience. So I'm glad Mika encouraged me to travel more. However, you never get enough and my bank account isn't bottomless so I never stop dreaming of a gig near (= let's say less than 500 km :teehee:) me to see him again. :pray:

Barcelona is the closest place I have to see him, all the other places are far from where I live even being in Spain. La Coruña is at 1000 km from Barcelona and Madrid 600 km so many ppl are in the same situation like you and me. It's not easy for me to travel but I do everything I can to see him. I can not go to many places but to which I go, they are special. Mika makes them special and I take them with more desire.:wub: I can't complain. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 9:52 PM, mellody said:

:hug: Yeah, those who can attend one gig are jealous of those who can attend 2, those who attend 10 gigs are jealous of those who attend 20, and everyone to whose country Mika doesn't come probably is jealous of all those countries that can enjoy Mika regularly. 

It's exactly that ! In fact we're all jealous of each other in some way 😆 For exemple, I'm totally jealous of all people who can meet him regularly (basically, each time I'm waiting after one gig, he doesn't come and everytime he's coming and signing after a gig, I can't wait… and it's like that since the beginning ! I swear, it's a malediction. A little advice for you all NEVER wait with me after a show 😅 )

But each time, I'm meeting  somebody who is jealous of me for something (like my first shows in 2010, the fact I make more gigs than them, and especially, my unique but wonderful M&G in 2010...) 

But l aways remember the 14 years old I was in 2008, who would have make anything for just seeing him in concert one time, and I'm thinking : what do you think this teenager would think of a girl who will see him seven times in the front rows, have direct eyes-to eyes contacts with him and even meet him in the most wonderful way, telling what she wanted to say since the beginning and have the brighter smile in answer ? 

She would be just so jealous. But today it's my reality and all those feels, even the more sad, are the proof of all the beautiful memories my little personnal moments are giving me. 

It's why finally, the PMD is a treasure… 

OK, I'm becoming too emotionnal. It will be better tomorrow… Maybe… 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 5

I have to say that after my second gig in Bari I didn't feel taht depressed like after Barcelona. I didn't expct to be at any Mika's gig not mentioning two! The same as I didn't expect to find myself on The Voice in Paris. It's like madness to my little brain! I'm not living a big city life so every opportunity like this is priceless.

I also have to be careful when I choose the date of a concert because when you work at school is rather not well to see by headmaster or parents that a teacher travels a lot while school year and the same time neglect duties.

Mika change my life in many ways, make me open up to ppl more and to see what I actually want from life. I always wanted to travel and Mika makes it happend. I'm already planning a trip to Verona and this is the thing that drives me like I have another goal to achieve,

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dominika said:

I have to say that after my second gig in Bari I didn't feel taht depressed like after Barcelona. I didn't expct to be at any Mika's gig not mentioning two! The same as I didn't expect to find myself on The Voice in Paris. It's like madness to my little brain! I'm not living a big city life so every opportunity like this is priceless.

I also have to be careful when I choose the date of a concert because when you work at school is rather not well to see by headmaster or parents that a teacher travels a lot while school year and the same time neglect duties.

Mika change my life in many ways, make me open up to ppl more and to see what I actually want from life. I always wanted to travel and Mika makes it happend. I'm already planning a trip to Verona and this is the thing that drives me like I have another goal to achieve,

I feel the same (now I'm better than yesterday). I'm 26, so I make what I want now, but I was paralyzed by some panic attacks for years. And I couldn't make it alone. So, when I found myself alone in the audience at Luxembourg, without my parents for helping me, and alone at Strasbourg, me, the autistic girl, who could'nt even go alone in the city some years ago, it was like a dream. I FINALLY can dream of a future where I will see Mika at least one time in a year, or two years, or where I will go alone at the concerts I want to, the signing sessions and all… not too away, but still… Without Mika, I never could have this courage. 😀    

And even if, sometime, I'm a little jealous or sad after a show, I'm just happy more than anything else ! 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Presci1108 said:

I feel the same (now I'm better than yesterday). I'm 26, so I make what I want now, but I was paralyzed by some panic attacks for years. And I couldn't make it alone. So, when I found myself alone in the audience at Luxembourg, without my parents for helping me, and alone at Strasbourg, me, the autistic girl, who could'nt even go alone in the city some years ago, it was like a dream. I FINALLY can dream of a future where I will see Mika at least one time in a year, or two years, or where I will go alone at the concerts I want to, the signing sessions and all… not too away, but still… Without Mika, I never could have this courage. 😀    

And even if, sometime, I'm a little jealous or sad after a show, I'm just happy more than anything else ! 

I'm proud of you! :winner_first_h4h:

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, We-Are-Golden said:

PMD is hitting me hard, but I don't mind it, because it means I had an amazing time!

I had the same thought recently! I was sad about missing the last show when I saw all these nostalgic posts on social media but at the same time, I felt that being sad about it is a good sign because it means that I would feel even worse if I wouldn't travel to any of the shows so it was all worth it! 

• Like 2

I'm still under PMD after 18 days.. is it worrying?? 😂😂😂

Well I think this fact gives me the strenght to stay high for everything that happens to me everyday in my life.. I really can't let a simple singer drive my emotions that way. It is not possible, I really can't. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

Just now, Serendipity said:

Well I think this fact gives me the strenght to stay high for everything that happens to me everyday in my life.. I really can't let a simple singer drive my emotions that way. It is not possible, I really can't. 😂😂😂😂😂

I realized that Mika has control over my life whether I like it or not. Everytime I'm thinking "ok, enough of Mika for today", I go out and hear a Mika song in a shop or I turn on the radio and a Mika song is playing... :lmfao: It's just inevitable!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, giraffeandy said:

I realized that Mika has control over my life whether I like it or not. Everytime I'm thinking "ok, enough of Mika for today", I go out and hear a Mika song in a shop or I turn on the radio and a Mika song is playing... :lmfao: It's just inevitable!

Yes.. I know what you mean. Later tonight I will post here a picture I see everyday on my way home. Maybe I should just surrender to that 😂😂😂 but as I am Mikaddicted since a very short time I still have to understand how to manage all these.. struggling and contrasting emotions 😵😵😵🤣🍭

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, We-Are-Golden said:

PMD is hitting me hard, but I don't mind it, because it means I had an amazing time!

I knew it would be coming to you, but what you say is totally correct! :thumb_yello: :hug:

1 hour ago, Serendipity said:

Hahaha no, it isn't! I am for 10 years. :lmfao:

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Mika belongs to our lives, we are too infected! :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I had the same thought recently! I was sad about missing the last show when I saw all these nostalgic posts on social media but at the same time, I felt that being sad about it is a good sign because it means that I would feel even worse if I wouldn't travel to any of the shows so it was all worth it! 

Exactly! Funny how a Mika gig can have such an effect!

3 hours ago, Serendipity said:

No it isn't :aah: I'll probably be under PMD until the next time I see him! :lmfao: 

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

I knew it would be coming to you, but what you say is totally correct! :thumb_yello: :hug:

Hahaha no, it isn't! I am for 10 years. :lmfao:

Haha yes, you mentioned it! And here it it! :aah: 

5 hours ago, Serendipity said:

Yes.. I know what you mean. Later tonight I will post here a picture I see everyday on my way home. Maybe I should just surrender to that 😂😂😂 but as I am Mikaddicted since a very short time I still have to understand how to manage all these.. struggling and contrasting emotions 😵😵😵🤣🍭

Beginnings are always like that because evrything is brand new and you want to know, see, hear as much as possible and everything around you literally becomes Mika or Mika related :biggrin2:

Now I am better off my PMD knowing that I have two dates ahead and remembering and reviewing everything I've lived in the past concerts fill my soul.:cloud:

Btw, @Dominika I see you saw him two same dates but different year hmmmm is this a sign??? :das:

• Like 3