Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

OMG! Where to start?....maybe that it didn't come?...I was like a kid who's Birthday cards all came late I was like "no way...this can't be right" Then by the wonders of Ommm the parcel guy came in his van ..lo and behold one "parcel"=MY DVD!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I will try and keep this short as could rav on for ages..

This Dvd to me is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than LICM...maybe it's 'coz I was there I dunno but there seems more intimate behind the scenes ...which I decided to watch first.

Can't beeelieve he let Andy film inside his flat!! I would have not let that happen!! love the drawings on the wall and that he has orange...daisies :wink2: and white lillies...my favourite flowers!! :wub2:(so if anyone wants to cheer me up, death flowers do it everytime!) The boy has good taste!! Ok he does cook kinda...a stirfry!....Es looked happy to let him do the cooking so she must have had faith in him.

Your flat is lovely btw incase you are reading this...lovely grey granite worksurfaces...the builders did well! :roftl:

Great to see all the family too...afterall they play such a big part in the whole PdP experience. Also as we were sat above the VIP ground area,we (my friend and I) can now put names to faces :naughty:

Was good to actually see how he was feeling backstage as we could feel the anticipation being enthused by John before the show.

The funny parts such as Sara flying and cartwheeling. All the rehearsal that was needed for the dancers...lollipops and Big girl routines too. All the meetings and how it all came together...makes this extra special

The best part of the whole dvd for me is ......seeing MIKA'S face when he realises his vision, the dream inside his head had turned into reality. He really is astonished....and you can feel the pride, achievment.. the feeling of YES!!!!

The show is spectacular and actually to watch the "making of it" before actually seeing the show, I think brings it more to life....makes you actually feel part of it, not just a person in the audience watching it ...you are part of this dream that he and Es built together. (gorgeous baby Es has...soooo cute) It was if they were meant to work together when you see how she models everything even to the Mini MIKA! they seem to have the same way of thinking which is extraordinary....and obviously works!

If you were there you will (hopefully) understand (altho I know some of you were not pleased with the acoustics, his singing etc...that's your opinion and that's fine and heres mine and you probably won't like it)

I feel MIKA put his heart and soul into that show. He sang his heart out and it showed. He was out of this world the way he sang that night. He was live, extremely nervous and knew he had one chance to make it work....and he did it!!

Rain on the night gave me goosebumps and brought both me and my friend to tears...watching it again only the tears. Soppy i know but we had such a joyus night that the memories all came flooding back. :wub2:

It was like watching a really good movie when you know the end but you still wanna see more and you give a huge sigh at the end....ahhhhhhh:wub2:

Right gonna leave it there as have so much to say on this but have taken up so much room in this thread already.

I feel for those of you that haven't received yours but believe me when I say ....It is worth the wait!!!

reviewed and loved by daisylou!

Star Value....5 out of 5!!!!! :thumb_yello:

xx

INSIDE HIS FLAT?

His family?

Ez?

The kitchen?

COOKING?

AAAAH!

It SUCKS that I can't see it!

Aah!

Stupid family!

Mine, not his!

So mean!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika’s new DVD has completely reconciled me with the PdesP show, although it doesn't do justice to the wild atmosphere in the audience, the only thing I could really enjoy that night as I was miles away from the stage.

I don’t think I have ever heard Mika in fullest command of his magnificent voice. At least till the first version of Grace Kelly but even then, thanks to his training, he was able to control it. :bow: How right was John to call him 'Sire", as an artist he is the king of kings. :king:

Will it be blasphemous to say that if I had known there would be such a good recording of the concert I would not have been there ? It may be exciting for a musician to perform in front of an audience of about 50 000 (the stadium was not entirely full) but as a spectator my appreciation doesn’t increase with the size of the crowd. Rather the reverse.

The documentary was disappointing.

:furious:First, as usual and it’s even worse than for the Olympia DVD, sound and image are not synchronized ; the image follows the sound by at least half a second. They should really find themselves decent technicians.

:bored:Then, as in the first DVD, we are generously shown some bits twice. It can become slightly boring at times, as the message sent is more or less always the same : what a challenge, I didn’t really intend to do that kind of thing that early in my career, it’s cost me the earth, we are terrified, etc. He didn’t have to tell us, his speaking voice on stage revealed how tense he was.:hypo:

But I am going to watch the disk again and again in the weeks to come and hopefully enjoy even that part.

And the show itself was so brilliantly filmed that it is worth buying a hundred copies ! I am working on it : have already bought the standard version of the DVD and am waiting for Amazon UK to send me the Deluxe one...

Where do I start! I think the thing which impressed me the most is, how the awesome Mika has evolved as an artist

From watching the LICM DVD, and his concerts at KOKO, and SOMMERSET HOUSE (which were all great of course) we now see Mika, more in command of the stage than ever. Even though there was so much going on and so much to look at, I couldn't take my eyes off him!

He and Es created the most spectacular show I've ever seen! I thought the finished product was truly breathtaking and I'm so upset not to have seen any adverts for the DVD on British TV. Mika's publicity machine isn't doing it's job, imo. He needs to find someone who will get his work the advertising it should have, so more people get to see the evolving visionary and genius that is our Mika!

I loved Mika's performance, the slightly different arrangement of BIG GIRL and HOLY JOHNNY. The latter sounded very much like a country song and it suited the song well. He seemed to bring a newer element to all of his songs and it was great. I also loved that he sang GRACE KELLY in French, for all those French people present.

The documantary was entertaining. It was great to see Mika cooking, and Es is obviously very similar to Mika, in her vision of the show.

Mika can be very proud of his first stadium gig! I know I am extremely proud of him, and hope to see many wonderful concerts from him in the future. I'm sure we will do.:thumb_yello: Rating 10/10

It will mostly just be interesting to those who are in it though (assuming they want to see themselves) and people who know mfcers and either haven't met them or want to see them on film.

I can't imagine in itself it would have much commercial value?

well, andy didn't just film the fans, but also parts of the shows. :wink2: apart from that, it's not just interesting for those who are in it/know mfcers, but for everyone who went to those shows. it's always nice to see on dvd at least bits of the show you went to.

well, andy didn't just film the fans, but also parts of the shows. :wink2: apart from that, it's not just interesting for those who are in it/know mfcers, but for everyone who went to those shows. it's always nice to see on dvd at least bits of the show you went to.

I suppose some good concert footage especially of the ones you have been to yourself would be good yes. :thumb_yello:

But it would only be people like us who would buy it. He could just put it up on a blog or something, youtube for us.....

OMG! Where to start?....maybe that it didn't come?...I was like a kid who's Birthday cards all came late I was like "no way...this can't be right" Then by the wonders of Ommm the parcel guy came in his van ..lo and behold one "parcel"=MY DVD!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Right gonna leave it there as have so much to say on this but have taken up so much room in this thread already.

I feel for those of you that haven't received yours but believe me when I say ....It is worth the wait!!!

reviewed and loved by daisylou!

Star Value....5 out of 5!!!!! :thumb_yello:

xx

Thank you so much for yr review Daisy!! :thumb_yello:

I agree with everything you say about the DVD, Mika and so on.

I'm enthusiastic about it as well!! Love it!! every single scene: show and documentary! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

And for those who haven't seen it yet, it's really worth the wait!!

Edited by mari62

It's nice to see what everyone feel seeing this DVD :blush-anim-cl:

I saw it twice yesterday and it's amazing !

I can't say in English what I feel but this DVD is really nice ! :thumb_yello:

The gig is very well filmed, we can see his emotion on his face, his happiness to do such a crazy thing, his smile, the wonderfull set designs, the crowd which is so moved and impressed....

It's a great memory and glad we can some of us! at the end of "stuck n the middle" and during "happy ending" with the "merci" banners...there are some French fans incuding myself... it's always strange to see yourself ! :blink: Also happy for Aurélien and Olga & Fanny :wink2:

The documentary is very interesting because we can't imagine all they had to do for this show and we can see that Mika is a real artist, involved in what he wants to do...

Well, this DVd is amazing ! :wub2:

The gig is very well filmed, we can see his emotion on his face, his happiness to do such a crazy thing, his smile, the wonderfull set designs, the crowd which is so moved and impressed....

It's a great memory and glad we can some of us! at the end of "stuck n the middle" and during "happy ending" with the "merci" banners...there are some French fans incuding myself... it's always strange to see yourself ! :blink: Also happy for Aurélien and Olga & Fanny :wink2:

The documentary is very interesting because we can't imagine all they had to do for this show and we can see that Mika is a real artist, involved in what he wants to do...

That must be very surreal moment to see yourself there, i know it will be for me to think i am watching it now but i actually saw this amazing event with my own eyes..and no chance for me to see myself amoung the crowd, as i was sitting a bit far, but who cares...:bleh:

I wondered who had the Merci signs! Great idea to get noticed!

And which is Aurelien? Blonde guy? Who is the other one?

Anybody know who is sitting on the steps with Zuleika when she is talking about the dragon?

I wondered who had the Merci signs! Great idea to get noticed!

And which is Aurelien? Blonde guy? Who is the other one?

The "merci" signs was an idea from Lucinda (Lululitalienne) and Deblau, two french fans. With 2 other girls, they made about 100 banners to give to the first people who arrived in the queue and who will be on the front row to show them during "Happy ending" ! yeah it was a great idea :wub2:

and apparently, it worked !!

Aurelien is the blonde guy who talks, the other one (with black air and sunglasses) is a member of the french band Yelle. They made the support act during the tour and were also there at the Parc des Princes :wink2:

and I also like the moments when he laughs ! :naughty: especially during "Ring Ring" when he broke his pants and had to keep a hand on them ! :roftl:

Why buy the DVD (even several copies of it) and still download bits of it ?

Because, for some unfathomable reason, the synchronization between image and sound is perfect on utube and crappy on the DVD.

At least that's what happened with the LICM DVD and I don't see why it shouldn't be the same with the PdesP DVD. How can that mysterious phenomenon be explained ? Search me !

and I also like the moments when he laughs ! :naughty: especially during "Ring Ring" when he broke his pants and had to keep a hand on them ! :roftl:

Oh is that what he was doing? I was wondering why his hand kept going there :naughty:

Yes it was a crazy bet to do those hundred banners with lululitalienne, severine, Noaa :wub2: One intense week of work :roftl:!!

I watched the dvd yesterday : it's a really impressive thing!! I realised that all the concept of this show could'nt be fully appreciated on place at the parc des princes because it wasn't a projet on a human scale :shocked: It 's one of the thing that I appreciate the most with him : his generous artistic ambition!! What a vivid creativity!!

Oh is that what he was doing? I was wondering why his hand kept going there :naughty:

yes, that's what he was doing. Just after, he explains that he had broke his pants to all the crowd ! so funny ! :roftl:

and Laurence, I agree with what you just said about the show, I totally feel the same :wink2: