Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

aaaaaaaaaaaah whaaaaaatttttttttt's goiiiing ooonnnn

I don't know! Mika splits from his band, writes some very beautiful lyrics that don't make sense, and replies to someone who wants to lick his elbows!

Well done for getting him to tweet you. He's not gonna forget that in a hurry! Lol

I think the lyrics make sense :blink:

why would I let all the tears dry, when if I miss you, then you stay alive, so I'm gonna miss cuz I want to miss you

If i keep crying then i remember you, and why would i ever want to forget you.

So i will keep trying to remember and miss you, cos i want to

:wub2:

I don't know! Mika splits from his band, writes some very beautiful lyrics that don't make sense, and replies to someone who wants to lick his elbows!

Well done for getting him to tweet you. He's not gonna forget that in a hurry! Lol

I think this is just a dream. Soon i will wake up with bruised elbows i think. xD

From what I understand, they are all still friends.

When people demonstrate that they have all okay, it may mean at all others feeling. At least the girls managed to keep the face and do not descend to the shootouts. In fact, any man would be offended. Be in this situation hard. Even harder to stay friends not in words but in deeds. In this case is worth a lot even if all will be friends only on words. Most people start complaining. Or vilify (as did it the big girl). I do not think for Mika this were an easy solution. To be the initiator rupture is very difficult.

Even more is difficult to meet and then ask "How are you?" As if nothing had happened. Or someone will avoid meetings. Today Mika is often with tweets. I think He's eager to see the support. He needs approval.

When people demonstrate that they have all okay, it may mean at all others feeling. At least the girls managed to keep the face and do not descend to the shootouts. In fact, any man would be offended. Be in this situation hard. Even harder to stay friends not in words but in deeds. In this case is worth a lot even if all will be friends only on words. Most people start complaining. Or vilify (as did it the big girl). I do not think for Mika this were an easy solution. To be the initiator rupture is very difficult.

Even more is difficult to meet and then ask "How are you?" As if nothing had happened. Or someone will avoid meetings. Today Mika is often with tweets. I think He's eager to see the support. He needs approval.

I think you are so right! :thumb_yello:

And iMMa does active tweets ... Everyone wants to show that nothing bad happened. Perhaps this is a good sign.

Yes,I noticed that. Maybe it is,indeed.Maybe we'll find out something one day from Mika himself,on twitter or from his blogs.....

I think you might have hit the nail on the head there, Lena :thumb_yello:

One thing that I do hope he does with the new band, and this one of my main criticisms of him with this band business, is leave them to be just that: musicians in the background.

I think that what he seems to struggle with, in my opinion, is coherence. He has a band which he wants to use for certain things, like dressing them up in a theme or costumes, make they do all sorts of theatre routines, play dead, etc.... yet he wants them to keep a distance and be 'just the musicians'. He has at times treated them as friends, especially Martin and Cherisse, and used them for support on stage when he was feeling particularly vulnerable (all this is evident to any casual observer, I think) but at the same time he seems to want them to sort of disappear when he's not ready for them.

That is just not how things work in reality, and will always cause trouble IMHO.

When I see other solo artists perform, I often look at the band situation, and I have noticed two different scenarios: Scenario A: the bands where they are clearly artist + band, and there is a total divide, they are hired session musicians and that's it, or scenario B, where the artist and band are clearly very close, good friends, and go the long hog together as a team. This doesn't mean that they are not still a solo artist, but that they appreciate the support of their band and include them in things.

What Mika seemed to have created, and in my opinion that is where the problems lie, is a hybrid: The band were neither here nor there. And I think this is what he will probably need to think about for the next tour. Figure out what sort of involvement and relationship he wants, and stick with it. But he needs to realise that if he wants a band who are merely that, musicians in the background, he can't ask them to (for example) dress up in a Mozart outfit and prance around the stage playing or pretending to be shot dead, etc...They are musicians. I think that he's actually been very lucky so far, that the musicians he's had have been game for all that stuff :naughty:

Edited by sariflor

One thing that I do hope he does with the new band, and this one of my main criticisms of him with this band business, is leave them to be just that: musicians in the background.

I think that what he seems to struggle with, in my opinion, is coherence. He has a band which he wants to use for certain things, like dressing them up in a theme or costumes, make they do all sorts of theatre routines, play dead, etc.... yet he wants them to keep a distance and be 'just the musicians'. He has at times treated them as friends, especially Martin and Cherisse, and used them for support on stage when he was feeling particularly vulnerable (all this is evident to any casual observer, I think) but at the same time he seems to want them to sort of disappear when he's not ready for them.

That is just not how things work in reality, and will always cause trouble IMHO.

When I see other solo artists perform, I often look at the band situation, and I have noticed two different scenarios: Scenario A: the bands where they are clearly artist + band, and there is a total divide, they are hired session musicians and that's it, or scenario B, where the artist and band are clearly very close, good friends, and go the long hog together as a team. This doesn't mean that they are not still a solo artist, but that they appreciate the support of their band and include them in things.

What Mika seemed to have created, and in my opinion that is where the problems lie, is a hybrid: The band were neither here nor there. And I think this is what he will probably need to think about for the next tour. Figure out what sort of involvement and relationship he wants, and stick with it. But he needs to realise that if he wants a band who are merely that, musicians in the background, he can't ask them to (for example) dress up in a Mozart outfit and prance around the stage playing or pretending to be shot dead, etc...They are musicians. I think that he's actually been very lucky so far, that the musicians he's had have been game for all that stuff :naughty:

i'm new to this fandom but everything you just said makes total sense to me...:thumb_yello:

What a bizarre 24 hours in Mikaland. Love the elbow comment. :lmfao:

It's nice to see him reaching out and reacting to fans once again. I know he's been in a chatty mood a couple of times since he started using Twitter again more regularly and maybe it's just my own biases, but this felt different to me.

I agree with Sara (no surprise :teehee:) that the band should be in or out and not half-way between. A week ago I would have said they will be relegated to the background but after his latest magazine article I wonder if he's not looking for his "gang" - more close collaborators than hired hands. It will be interesting to see which way it goes and how well it works.

I agree with every word of the above.

I've never been too attached to any of the band members either, in fact at times I have felt slightly annoyed that some of the focus has been taken away from Mika during routines etc. I guess I am not one for too much 'band interaction' and all that goofing around on stage etc. Important to have a good musical chemistry of course, as I always felt Mika and Martin had for example, but that's as far as it goes really, for me.

If I want to see a band, I go and see a band. When I go to see a solo artist I'm only going to see that person and the rest is window dressing.

I do understand why people get attached to backing band members in any fandom, of course, but I don't share those sentiments.

I do wish all ex band members every success in the future though :thumb_yello:

Rach, everyone is quoting everyone else over this but yours is the one I wanted to quote! Hits the nail for me! :thumb_yello:

Yes,I noticed that. Maybe it is,indeed.Maybe we'll find out something one day from Mika himself,on twitter or from his blogs.....

iMMa not be lost.:wink2: That's right. Mika is one of steps for her .

Yes, I think He wants to have some distance with a band members. Only business (Unless, of course, the new band is not a member of the old friends. Of those, about whom He wrote in the blog... Although unlikely)...Maybe He wants to work with musicians who are willing to put down own heads for Him . That there, haven't any other projects ... Or maybe Mika felt itself as a transit point. You can play together for years and is still to hope for another job... Being the boss and friend at the same time is very hard. Perhaps too close friendship had robbed a lot of energy of Mika, distracted from main. Work with musicians in the background is easier mentally.

To be honest, I became interested in musician's names just a year later. Until that time they were for me only as the background. But after the departure of Luke, I realized that the band background is a reality and I took it calmly. But I always thought Martin and Cherise are eternal, not the background.

I still do not understand and hope. Martin stayed with Mika?

Yes, I think He wants to have some distance with a band members. Only business (Unless, of course, the new band is not a member of the old friends. Of those, about whom He wrote in the blog... Although unlikely)...Maybe He wants to work with musicians who are willing to put down own heads for Him . That there, haven't any other projects ... Or maybe Mika felt itself as a transit point. You can play together for years and is still to hope for another job... Being the boss and friend at the same time is very hard. Perhaps too close friendship had robbed a lot of energy of Mika, distracted from main. Work with musicians in the background is easier mentally.

To be honest, I became interested in musician's names just a year later. Until that time they were for me only as the background. But after the departure of Luke, I realized that the band background is a reality and I took it calmly. But I always thought Martin and Cherise are eternal, not the background.

I still do not understand and hope. Martin stayed with Mika?

Indeed... I can a bit understand him about that point...

Unlike 'born-to-be-band' musicians, Mika and other band members are not in equal position. Mika was more a boss than just a 'leader'...

Edited by Yuna

And a big step.Now she has her own gigs,her own vids,and even her own stuff on sale,so I'm not worried about her :wink2: In fact,I'm not worried about the rest of the band either,I'm sure they all will be fine. And you're right,it's hard to be the boss and friend at the same time,and we don't really know what's happened.But the last thing crossing my mind when I'm thinking of Mika is him being rude or disrespectful. That's why I'm completely confident that he took the right decision and it wasn't harmful for someone.

Mika mentioned that during 1.5 years non-stop touring, he didn't manage to write a single song. Songwriting is probably the main emphasis of his career, and he seems to be in a bit of a pickle having not released an album for so long.

Without a band like his, there is more obligation to have such long tours. Maybe mika has just realised what was best for him.

Still, I would have preferred it to be a more gentle 'phasing out' than the whole band going forever at the same time.

Edited by Ellenowl

I think the lyrics make sense :blink:

why would I let all the tears dry, when if I miss you, then you stay alive, so I'm gonna miss cuz I want to miss you

If i keep crying then i remember you, and why would i ever want to forget you.

So i will keep trying to remember and miss you, cos i want to

:wub2:

Weirdly, I really get what he means.

This is only my very own opinion, only me speculating.

I'm wondering if he's going for a new image, to, maybe, get more success in places like America and also, get popular in the UK again. He does need to be. It's high time he was selling out stadiums in the UK and USA

I'm wondering if he's going for a new image, to, maybe, get more success in places like America and also, get popular in the UK again.

Probably

I'm wondering if he's going for a new image, to, maybe, get more success in places like America and also, get popular in the UK again. He does need to be. It's high time he was selling out stadiums in the UK and USA

me thought like that too.

if want one, gotta forget one.....