Mika on Star Académie TV show (Montréal, Qc, Canada) - March 25 2012

Christine

Thanks a lot for the D/L link !!!! :flowers2:

[YOUTUBE]0WwfyabYyBs[/YOUTUBE]

Translation from French to English

Man: We're going to interview the star of the star Mr Mika who'll be here in a second

Man : hello

Mika: Hello

Man : I'm very happy to see you, how are you doing?

Mika : Fine, thank you.

Man: The crowd was over the top excited when you were on stage

Mika Yeah, they are top, the audience is top here

Man: Do you like Quebec? Is it your first time here or not?

Mika: I've been to Montreal quite a lot, several times, when I started writing my third album, I started here.

Man: Is this true?

Mika: yes.I like it here, the food is good, all is cool

Man: that's happiness

Mika I can't complain, I'm delighted to be here once again

Man; Let's takl about your third album. I read today on internet that you are making this album "without limits" What does "without limits " mean?

Mika: An album with no limits means you take many risks. Elle Me Dit for example . The album is in Eglish and it is called The Origin Of Love and it's a collection of love songs and when I say in interviews love songs , people think they will be cheesy , but not all all.

Elle Me Dit will be in the French version of the album and for me it is a love song even if it deals with hate and love at the same time, but for me it is a love song

There is the English version and there are four songs in French for the French version of the album and we're mixing the songs right now

Man: the albmu should be out soon, 2012 for sure?

Mika Yes, of course

Man: I read a story about Elle Me Dit , you took a long time to write it, you were with your friend Dorian

Mika Yes, Dorian is one of my friends and a writer, he wrote for several singer including Camila Jordan (Mika give sthe name of the song but I don't know it sorry) and he writes a lot

We spent a week writing together and we decied to write songs in French and they were all very depressing because I was listening to Barbara a lot, so all was wet , sad and nostalgic and at the end we weondered what to do we felt depressed , what are we doing, only writting sad songs , and I started saying "Why can't you write a happy song?"and I said it sounds like my mother when I was fifteen and I said "Are you stupid why can't you write a happy song? A fun song " and he answered "not a depressing sing" and in ten minutes the song was written.

Man: Ajd finally it took you to the victoires de la musique

Mika: Yes

Man: And we'll hear it later during the show

Mika : Yes

Man: fourteen academicians here that want to be liked by the public and they are all different How important is it to be successful?

Mika: You can be different but you must exagerate or else you become a caricatureof yourself, you have to learn how to let go and stay yourelf in your diffrence. They all have different voices and they're not trying to change them, Melissa for example has a little voice and that's cool, you must'nt try to be different , you musn't try to be diffrent on purpose but you musn't be depressed if you're different Life is made of circles: one day you can be a freak and the next one you can be trendy , so you can't control things

Man: and what are you?

Mika: I don't know, yet I'm both , I'm totally bizarre,I don't know I have my own constraints

I take many risks which doesn't make it not easy to have a normal carrer

Man: thanks a lot Mika

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've finally watched Mika's performances, and I love them. :wub2: They were beyond all expectations, so much better then NRJ and especially Les Victoires. (Even though it's not that hard to do a better show than Les Victoires :aah:)

Loved all the special effects, especially the "rain" with all the red umbrellas. It was so gorgeous done. The whole "Mika show" was really well done. :mf_lustslow: I really regret now that I didn't watch it live :huh:

I have to say I loved Happy Ending the most, can't stop listening to it. :teehee:

Thanks everyone for sharing pics, videos and experiences. :original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr0R7fNdT48&feature=youtu.be&a

Another Mika vid link by Boa we on twitter

Translation

This is the first time I'm doing a show with the academicians.

I'm happy that this first time is here

And there is truly an amazing feeling here

Everyone loves everyone else

There was a very difficut time in my family life

My sister had a very serious accident and I told myself I couldn't stay where I was , kind of trapped into this and I had to escape and I didn't know what to start with

I left for Montreal and on my wayto the airport I confirmed a sessiosn with a muscian called Nick Littemore

He was working on circus music at that moment and I think he was happy I asked him to work with me because he needed to escape from the circus

It opened the door to something totally new

I'm back more than a year after that and the album is almost over, that's the story

Mika Yes, Dorian is one of my friends and a writer, he wrote for several singer including Camila Jordan (Mika give sthe name of the song but I don't know it sorry) and he writes a lot

This one, most likely: Camélia Jordana - Non, Non, Non (Ecouter Barbara)

Thank you so much everyone for the reports (amazing!) Translations , pics and vids.

I am going to hook the computer up to the TV so that I can watch it on a large screen. :biggrin2:

I hope you all have a lovely time! I'll never forget the guys I met when I went to Montreal and Toronto. Such a different atmosphere to Europe.

I hope it surpasses your expectations!

Yes wow it really did surpass expectations!!

And the atmosphere was unbeatable. I love all the Canadian fans which is one of the reasons I love having gigs here.

I feel sorry for the contestants, everyone seems to love Mika more than any of them :wub2::teehee:

Yes I thought perhaps the rest of the audience was just excited to watch the academiciens (I mean that's why they were there presumably) but at one point they were chanting "Mika! Mika! Mika!" The screaming was so loud it sounded like there were 5000 people behind me. It was brilliant.

And just Canada too of course

Mikatrend3.jpg

Fantastic!!! :fangurl:

I'm LOVING his new style! LOVING! His hair was looking cute tonight :blush-anim-cl: I'm curious to know what Christine thinks about his outfit after seeing it live :naughty:

Oh I loved it!! We were kind of laughing at the dress rehearsal pic. Green?? What's with the Danny Zuko jacket?? But of course it all became clear when the car rolled out on stage. :biggrin2:

Thank you everyone for the video files. I am on a train at the moment and they have restricted video streaming so I can't watch right now but I can't wait to see it when I get home.

Roxane gave you all the logistics but I just have to say what an amazing night it was. It was great running around the soundstage and being part of the show. I had never seen it before (I don't really watch TV) but you could tell it was a Big Deal. I think I have absorbed French by osmosis after all my years of Mikaring because I could follow at least 75% of what was being said on the show (although I needed the girls to translate the instructions they were giving us because it was so fast :aah:)

And what they did with Mika was so unexpected and awesome. I swear it was longer than some of the gigs I've been to! Who could imagine hearing Happy Ending on a Canadian TV show in 2012?!! The energy of the entire crowd was phenomenal and not only did no one care that we were jumping and shouting but they all joined in. The points gig was fantastic for its own reasons of course but I have not been to an all-out gig in almost 2 years and this was, for all intents and purposes, an all-out gig. It brought it all back like it was yesterday. Everything I love about Mika was on full display last night. He was focused in his performance but relaxed and having fun, humble and sweet but every bit a pop star. Everyone loved him and his reaction was priceless. :fangurl:

I'm so glad I went and I can't wait until he comes back to Canada so we can do it all over again.

awww!!! :fangurl: first of all thanks for all the pics and vids!!! I couldn´t see it last night, so you made my day with the links and pics!! (Special thanks to Mari62 who organised all the multimedia information in one thread :wink2::huglove: and it was easier to find everything!)

and I loved all the reports!!!! :wub2: and I´m so happy Cath and Roxy could see him for their very first time live :fangurl::fangurl: with your reports you reminded me of the excitment and happiness I had when I saw him for the first time too!!! I´m so so so happy for you dears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it looks like Mika knew he had new people there, cause he did an amazing performance!!!!!!!! I loved it, had fun, laughed, and all by videosªª I can´t imagine how it´d have been to live that with him in front of you!!!! :faint:

Roxy, your report was absolutely brilliant! I am SO happy for you! Thanks for

sharing your enthusiasm with us! :wub2:

Cath, so happy for you, too -- how special to be able to share the

evening with your daughter! :)

Guylaine, Christine, I can't wait to hear more from you both! :biggrin2:

Sorry I couldn't be there, but the videos are certainly enough to bring

out the :fangurl:

oh God! Those vids made me :fangurl: ing again. He seems to be in good shape.

Indeed much better performances than previous.

Thank you everyone for vids,pics and reports-it was lovely to read them. I'm glad you had a great time :biggrin2:

Lovely reports here, nice and happy feelings to read :)

I'm so happy for my sweet friend Roxy who was able to see Mika for the first time! And girl...you were so lucky to be so near to the stage!!

First of all... thanks Rox for your report!! (LOL I thought I would never say this :aah:) I´m so happy you could see this amazing show live. To be honest first I wasn´t sure you would enjoy a TV show, since I thought he would only sing a couple of songs and that´s all... but no, it was a whole gig!!!! :yay: I think your country deserved that. Supporting him for a loooooong time without any feedback. I´m so glad this gig happened in Canada, congrats girls!!!!! :huglove:

And now....

I DIED THIS MORNING AND I JUST WATCHED HALF OF THE SHOW??? NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WAS A SECOND PART!!! :shocked:

If I fangurled watching half of the show, now I´m all teary, ffs!!! It reminded me of all the gigs I´ve been to, and made me miss that feeling...

I hate you Mika :mf_rosetinted:

He just said that in this interview,but maybe I misunderstood :dunno:

No, you understood it right, I didn't read it earlier. He said it was a love song for him though, not necessarily for others :teehee:

He also confirmed that EMD won't feature on the English version of the album. I guess the English version will though.

No, you understood it right, I didn't read it earlier. He said it was a love song for him though, not necessarily for others :teehee:

He also confirmed that EMD won't feature on the English version of the album. I guess the English version will though.

I guess too, since someone asked him on twitter and he said "yes"

This doesn´t mean that Mika always tells the truth... you know... :mf_rosetinted:

Lovely reports glad you all enjoyed it!

@Roxy, if that's your report when you've been waiting to see him for 2 years, then I don't wanna even think about mine (that is if I ever see him live) and I've been waiting for 4 and a half years already :roftl:

This doesn´t mean that Mika always tells the truth... you know... :mf_rosetinted:

He always tells the truth... the way he remembers it :mf_rosetinted:

I think your country deserved that. Supporting him for a loooooong time without any feedback.

Didn't he cancel an important show in Canada at the beginning of his career though? I remember some story on that. I don't think Canada is supporting him in any particular way but he obviously he can't expect support in a country unless he proves himself there. Now he did and if the album is out soon this show will have a huge impact on its reception and sales.:thumb_yello:.

I DIED THIS MORNING AND I JUST WATCHED HALF OF THE SHOW??? NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WAS A SECOND PART!!! :shocked:

I can feel your pain :huglove:

:roftl:

He always tells the truth... the way he remembers it :mf_rosetinted:

Didn't he cancel an important show in Canada at the beginning of his career though? I remember some story on that. I don't think Canada is supporting him in any particular way but he obviously he can't expect support in a country unless he proves himself there, Now he did and if the album is out soon, I think this show will have a huge impact on its reception and sales.:thumb_yello:.

In my mind Canada means: Roxy, Cath, Guy and Christine, so, for me, Canada has been supporting him A LOT :mf_rosetinted:

Nah, seriously, I said that cause EMD was number 1 there too, so I guess, that at least Quebec supports him a lot....

I can feel your pain :huglove:

:roftl:

In my mind Canada means: Roxy, Cath, Guy and Christine, so, for me, Canada has been supporting him A LOT :mf_rosetinted:

:doh: I can actually continue that list...:teehee: you are right:roftl:

Network is primarily for fench-speaking quebecers but it can be seen throughout canada.

Star Académie usually reached more than 2 millions TV viewers and is the most elaborate show in our TV.

That's good to hear. I think earlier on Christine mentioned on MFC that some international artists like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga became successful in Canada first, before making it in the US or anywhere else in the world.