2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am SO proud of him for finally having the strength and confidence to be who he really is - not only in front of the world, but to his ownself. Especially when he looks in the mirror! To love and be proud of who he is. He is an AMAZING human being inside and out! It makes me So sad - all of the struggles, I just hope now he is free from the chains he placed on himself! We all knew it all along, we have just been waiting on him to admit it! :naughty:

SO PROUD OF HIM!

I DO think that LGBT celebrities have a responsibility or duty rather to be a positive, confident and PROUD role model. What is a young man to think when his idol is too ashamed to admit he is gay? I think it is SUCH a positive thing when you see THIS happen! NO one should have to live a double life just to cover who they really are - or how they really feel. If only the world wasn't so judgemental - and everyone could just be! I am just so happy for MIKA - I can feel the freedom! :wub2:

:naughty:

MFCers love to discuss everything on "another level"

We always have :aah:

For me, it's as simple as this....

Mika is gay... OK!! :thumb_yello::rainbow:

On with the music!! :yay:

I like your simple summary of the thread! :thumb_yello:

i've just finished reading this whole thread...

I am a christian.

I believe in god. If it wasn't for god i wouldn't be alive today after all i've been through, believe me...

I also know the ten commandments were the only rules given to us by god.

All the rest is bull**** man made up to follw its interests.

People should be more tolerant...jesus said

“not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (matthew 19:11-12)

here jesus identifies three classes of men who should not marry women. Taking his categories in reverse order, first, there are those who have made themselves “eunuchs” for the kingdom of heaven, i.e., those who foreswear marriage to better serve god. Second, he mentions those who have been “made eunuchs by others,” an apparent reference to castrated males. But jesus mentions a third category — eunuchs who were born that way. Some might argue that jesus was referring to males born without testicles, but this would be extremely rare. Moreover, this interpretation ignores how the term “born eunuchs” was used in other literature of the time.

In the ancient world, including ancient jewish culture (as reflected in the talmud), “natural” or “born” eunuchs were not associated with missing testicles. Rather, they were associated with stereotypically effeminate characteristics and behavior (just like modern gay men). Moreover, eunuchs were commonly associated with homosexual desire. As a reasonably informed person of his time, jesus would have been aware of this common view of eunuchs. Yet he very matter-of-factly asserts that some people are simply born that way. The implication of his statement is profound — god created gay people the way they are! Jesus says so.

And to lena:

Jesus feels no need to “cure” these born eunuchs. He speaks no words of condemnation. Rather he lists people born gay alongside another honored class (eunuchs for the kingdom), and accepts them as a natural part of god’s creation order.

Thus, when matthew 19 is read as a whole, we see jesus teaches that most people are created for heterosexual marriage. (i too accept this as god’s predominant creation paradigm.) but, unlike some modern christians, jesus does not see this as the only honorable way to live. He acknowledges that some human beings have been created by god to follow a less common, but equally legitimate path. There are some who have been eunuchs from birth — made that way by god.

superb even iam a cristian and i totally agree with you

i dont know u but u rock!!!!

When I joined the MFC, I never expected it to turn into bible study, but I love some of the posts. Willywonka in particular, beautiful post.

Reading this thread, it seems quite some people are sort of reliving their own coming out, remembering how hard and scary it was, but also sharing the feeling of strength and joy they experienced at the time and being very happy and proud of Mika. :huglove: for all of you, especially if people are still giving you a hard time.

Today's news about upcoming Dutch elections:

http://binnenland.nieuws.nl/710645/christenunie_wil_islam_als_verkiezingsthema

Segers pleit onder meer voor streng toezicht op islamitische scholen. "Als op de godsdienstles wordt geleerd dat je homo's of afvalligen mag stenigen, dan heb je een probleem." Kinderen leren dat homo's zullen branden in de hel, zoals op orthodox-christelijke scholen gebeurt, mag van Segers wel. "Dat behoort tot de onderwijsvrijheid."

Blahblah strictly monotoring Islamic schools: "If you teach he children that you can stone gay people you've got a problem." Teaching kids that gays will burn in hell, as done at orthodox Christian schools in The Netherlands, is okay by Segers: " that is part of liberty of education"

The 'Christen Unie' is one of he dutch political parties.

I posted this tot show that even in our country there are ideas like this.

@willywonka I loved your post and explanation. The best one on this topic , in my view.:thumb_yello:

I am only quoting your summary though:

I am a Christian.

I believe in God. If it wasn't for God i wouldn't be alive today after all i've been through, believe me...

I also know The Ten commandments were the only rules given to us by God.

All the rest is bull**** man made up to follw its interests.

People should be more tolerant...Jesus said

This made me giggle a little :naughty:

Gay&Night Magazine ‏@GayNightMag

So @mikasounds calls the interview we did with him 2009 'disappointing', eh? Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/8v2v7q8

Oh dear. :teehee:

I can't help but think the "disappointing" comment has been spun in the teaser. I hope the publication will have a full quote.

So true!

and therefor be open minded and give Lena a chance. I don't like homophobic people who hate gays (actually I can't stand them) but there is a difference between hate and don't understand it. Lena was a teenager in Russia when there where iron walls around Russia! don't forget that.

I guess she has never known or even met someone who was openly gay and there was no freedom of speech.maybe the law decided for here what she was supposed to believe and think. I understand it's a shock to her and I understand her whole world felt apart. she needs time. she's a good girl with a good heart. we should accept and help her with that because we are open minded people.she's in pain and she needs Mikafanlove:wub2:

I am happy to send my 'mikalove' to Lena right away, but I need to add that we also had the iron curtain running on the Western borders of Hungary and other Russian fans in their thirties are likely to have experienced the same. It's just that we are different as people with different levels of tolerance to accept differing views.

My exposure to gay culture was zero until my late teenage years: I never knew or heard of anyone who would be gay. All I heard (from someone in my family as it was never discussed anywhere publicly) that homosexuals were sick and dangerous to children. :blink:So I imagined them as middle-aged pervs I should be afraid of, except that this family member was also good at spotting 'gay men' on TV, like the singer of Modern Talking, who was wearing an eye-liner...:roftl: Needless to say, I started to question such easily identifiable traits, so I concluded that I shouldn't believe that as it is just part of old people's fear of anything new or different coming from the Western world (now I'd call it Communist propaganda)

Next I remember hearing is that Freddie Mercury died of AIDS and that he was gay. So I thought I should quickly forget about anything I have heard so far as such a great musician can't have been all sick and evil. And that is the reason why role models do play an important part in influencing public opinion / 'educating' people. There is also one other thing I remember that helped me totally understand that gay people love the same way as any straight person does: the film Philadelphia. I remember crying at the end of it.

I think people in most part of the world are exposed to similar news and events at any particular time period and it is up to us how we contruct our own reality.

Edited by suzie

So true!

and therefor be open minded and give Lena a chance. I don't like homophobic people who hate gays (actually I can't stand them) but there is a difference between hate and don't understand it. Lena was a teenager in Russia when there where iron walls around Russia! don't forget that.

I guess she has never known or even met someone who was openly gay and there was no freedom of speech.maybe the law decided for here what she was supposed to believe and think. I understand it's a shock to her and I understand her whole world felt apart. she needs time. she's a good girl with a good heart. we should accept and help her with that because we are open minded people.she's in pain and she needs Mikafanlove:wub2:

:thumb_yello:

superb even iam a cristian and i totally agree with you

i dont know u but u rock!!!!

Thanks!:thumb_yello:

When I joined the MFC, I never expected it to turn into bible study, but I love some of the posts. Willywonka in particular, beautiful post.

Reading this thread, it seems quite some people are sort of reliving their own coming out, remembering how hard and scary it was, but also sharing the feeling of strength and joy they experienced at the time and being very happy and proud of Mika. :huglove: for all of you, especially if people are still giving you a hard time.

@willywonka I loved your post and explanation. The best one on this topic , in my view.:thumb_yello:

I am only quoting your summary though:

I am happy to send my 'mikalove' to Lena right away, but I need to add that we also had the iron curtain running on the Western borders of Hungary and other Russian fans in their thirties are likely to have experienced the same. It's just that we are different as people with different levels of tolerance to accept differing views.

My exposure to gay culture was zero until my late teenage years: I never knew or heard of anyone who would be gay. All I heard (from someone in my family as it was never discussed anywhere publicly) that homosexuals were sick and dangerous to children. :blink:So I imagined them as middle-aged pervs I should be afraid of, except that this family member was also good at spotting 'gay men' on TV, like the singer of Modern Talking, who was wearing an eye-liner...:roftl: Needless to say, I started to question such easily identifiable traits, so I concluded that I shouldn't believe that as it is just part of old people's fear of anything new or different coming from the Western world (now I'd call it Communist propaganda)

Next I remember hearing is that Freddie Mercury died of AIDS and that he was gay. So I thought I should quickly forget about anything I have heard so far as such a great musician can't have been all sick and evil. And that is the reason why role models do play an important part in influencing public opinion / 'educating' people. There is also one other thing I remember that helped me totally understand that gay people love the same way as any straight person does: the film Philadelphia. I remember crying at the end of it.

I think people in most part of the world are exposed to similar news and events at any particular time period and it is up to us how we contruct our own reality.

Next I remember hearing is that Freddie Mercury died of AIDS and that he was gay. So I thought I should quickly forget about anything I have heard so far as such a great musician can't have been all sick and evil. And that is the reason why role models do play an important part in influencing public opinion / 'educating' people.

My story is a bit alike.

I was totally shocked in my 14 to know that Freddie is gay. But luckily, my mom was very supportive and tolerant (I still can't understand why? She is a soviet woman from a village! Maybe she loved me to the extent that supported my feelings in spite anything?). Btw, in my early age I remember the rumours about one actor who got into a jail only for being gay. And my mom, without digging into deep, explained that he is not bad and did nothing wrong.

So, I'm immensely grateful to Freddie and my mom. If not them, I really don't know what my beliefs and views would be now :dunno:

Oh, is Tomas Anders a gay? I had no idea :doh: I admired Modern Talking in my childhood too!

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2012/08/07/im-gay-pop-star-mika-comes-out-headlines-montgolfieres-festival-in-sjr-on-aug-15/

Some interesting stories about Mika from the journalist in this article.

Oh, what I wouldn't give to see Mika's impression of Freddie :aah:

We just talked about Freddie - and here it is! Everything's connected in this world :shocked:

I'm not doubting that he's gone through big changes as a person- I've said on here before that I suspected many of his lies were simply his way of maintaining his privacy, and am glad he's presumably more confident now. But he didn't make a statement before- it was still couched in "if you want to call me something, you can call me bisexual."

But I do think there was a goodish element of calculation involved especially earlier. And even now I feel as if he's playing a role- the first album it was bullying, the second alienated teenage years, now he's gay in a traditional culture. (And the fourth album?)

It's this continual role playing that means I often don't bother to read what he's said about himself, or his opinions in XL. I wonder whether this continual, obsessive need for privacy will relax too now?

I think lies is a bit strong of a word to use in the context of this situation. I also think you're overthinking how much calculation was put into these albums. His music represents him as a person. And even if you're right and there is a bunch of calculation in what his albums are, the musics good. Really good. So does anything else really matter? And I highly doubt he's playing a role. I mean, I'm not him so I have absolutely no idea what's running through his head but I think it's more he's finally truly coming to terms with who he is. If he's different now than he was two years ago, I don't think it's because he is playing some sort of role. I think he's just growing as a person and as a person grows, they change in some ways. Everybody does. And the privacy thing...well when you're in the arts, be it an actor a musician or anyone in the limelight, you always have people wanting to know everything about you. Your life becomes peoples entertainment. I can understand why he'd want privacy about his life.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2012/08/07/im-gay-pop-star-mika-comes-out-headlines-montgolfieres-festival-in-sjr-on-aug-15/

Some interesting stories about Mika from the journalist in this article.

Oh, what I wouldn't give to see Mika's impression of Freddie :aah:

What is with that headline? Why does anyone need to paraphrase what he said and if you feel you must then don't use quotation marks ffs! :doh: