NEW VIDEO! Popular Song ft. Ariana Grande

dcdeb

At the moment Popular Song is #106 on the US iTunes (#32 in Pop category) :yay:

#79 on Canadian pop charts on iTunes :thumb_yello:

in overall charts: #223 ... getting slowly higher though...

Edited by RayaBadran

For people with normal legs, maybe...

But for Mika...:fisch:

I'm as tall as Mika... and I think it is possible to get in this car, but it's not comfortable there...:naughty:

BTW, the video is amazing... funny, crazy, etc....

Just love it..:mf_rosetinted:

I'm as tall as Mika... and I think it is possible to get in this car, but it's not comfortable there...:naughty:

BTW, the video is amazing... funny, crazy, etc....

Just love it..:mf_rosetinted:

I thought so...

I'm just 1,85 and when i ride my friend's mini i get leg cramps...:naughty:

I enjoy looking at his smile typical for Willy Wonka!

tumblr_mm1p3upSCf1sp8a8po1_500.gif

Typical of me???:fisch:

At the moment Popular Song is #106 on the US iTunes (#32 in Pop category) :yay:

Edit: And it's #8 Top music video :boing: higher than Gangnam Style :naughty:

It's the video position I'm interested in atm. Look how Gangnam Style got Psy noticed! He ended up at #1 because of the hype with the video. What works for Psy should work even better for Mika.

Also, I know it's a bit early to think of MTV awards, but Mika could be up for one at the end of this year, with this video. Let's hope so.

It's the video position I'm interested in atm. Look how Gangnam Style got Psy noticed! He ended up at #1 because of the hype with the video. What works for Psy should work even better for Mika.

Also, I know it's a bit early to think of MTV awards, but Mika could be up for one at the end of this year, with this video. Let's hope so.

Maybe in a " Best Collaboration " category.

I am getting more than stressed out by the growing amount of people giving Ariana first billing!

If the song had been written for her, which it wasn't, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it seems to be getting that she gets the credit, and Mika is just that bloke that she sings with.

I get it from Ariana fans, they are naturally going to think it, but we do, and we should get people to understand it's Mikas song.

Mellody just posted a link on Twitter from a German teen(?) site going on about "Arianas great new video" Mika is barely mentioned!

I'm sure people will tell me I should be happy with whatever small scraps of attention Mika gets from this, but I'm NOT happy, and I think it's ridiculous that he getting pushed to 2nd billing on his own flipping song!:banghead:

I am getting more than stressed out by the growing amount of people giving Ariana first billing!

If the song had been written for her, which it wasn't, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it seems to be getting that she gets the credit, and Mika is just that bloke that she sings with.

I get it from Ariana fans, they are naturally going to think it, but we do, and we should get people to understand it's Mikas song.

Mellody just posted a link on Twitter from a German teen(?) site going on about "Arianas great new video" Mika is barely mentioned!

I'm sure people will tell me I should be happy with whatever small scraps of attention Mika gets from this, but I'm NOT happy, and I think it's ridiculous that he getting pushed to 2nd billing on his own flipping song!:banghead:

I understand you. But it's mostly fans saying these things. Reviews I've read are all about MIKA.

ariana indeed does help with the teenage audience, the video got posted on the website of bravo magazine, together with a voting whether they like the video/song or not - and only 19 don't like it, about 300 people voted for "great" or at least "okay". :biggrin2: and in the comments some of the teenagers are sad that mika gets killed in the end, aww! :teehee:

http://www.bravo.de/stars/musik-charts/ariana-grande-neues-video-gegen-mobber/

even if they mention ariana first, i hope her and her teenage audience help to get the video/song known to more people - if it gets on the radio / in the charts for that reason, then that's perfectly fine with me! :naughty: i didn't think the video being released such a long time after the single would be a good idea, but seeing the media coverage the video gets, even in germany, i don't mind if i'm proven wrong. :teehee:

i just saw your post... i don't tell you to be happy about it, but personally i'd find it great if this video and song became indeed popular... and if the only way they can do it is by selling it via ariana, then why not. of course it's not ideal, but if you have to hit those stupid people over the head to recognize mika's talent, then maybe a teenage audience is a good way to start - they are the ones the radio stations want to satisfy, so if the teenagers want to hear that song, then arrogant stations like radio1 will HAVE to play mika, whether they want to or not. :naughty: and i definitely like THAT thought! :bleh: plus, like i said, i find it rather cute that the teenagers write they're sad that mika gets killed in the end of the video. and they write they like the song - the song, not only the video! and it's mika's song, no matter how often any press mentions ariana! so i read it as a compliment to mika if someone writes they like the song. :thumb_yello:

about the bravo article: yes they sell the article via ariana in the headline - but the text says as many things about mika as it says about ariana, just describing what they do in the video, and that they fight against bullies. ok they first talk about "their" song, but at least in the end it says "mika featuring ariana grande". :wink2:

Edited by mellody

i just saw your post... i don't tell you to be happy about it, but personally i'd find it great if this video and song became indeed popular... and if the only way they can do it is by selling it via ariana, then why not. of course it's not ideal, but if you have to hit those stupid people over the head to recognize mika's talent, then maybe a teenage audience is a good way to start - they are the ones the radio stations want to satisfy, so if the teenagers want to hear that song, then arrogant stations like radio1 will HAVE to play mika, whether they want to or not. :naughty: and i definitely like THAT thought! :bleh: plus, like i said, i find it rather cute that the teenagers write they're sad that mika gets killed in the end of the video. and they write they like the song - the song, not only the video! and it's mika's song, no matter how often any press mentions ariana! so i read it as a compliment to mika if someone writes they like the song. :thumb_yello:

about the bravo article: yes they sell the article via ariana in the headline - but the text says as many things about mika as it says about ariana, just describing what they do in the video, and that they fight against bullies. ok they first talk about "their" song, but at least in the end it says "mika featuring ariana grande". :wink2:

But this is the problem, her fans couldn't give a hoot about Mika. The massive majority of comments on YT are banging on about her, only a few mention Mika, and they are mostly throwaway comments. I'm sure Mika thought it would be a good idea to do this, bring Ari into the mix and get a foothold in the teen market, but her fans don't see past her, and I fear it's going to back fire on him massively, sadly.

I'm sorry if I seem to be coming across as negative lately, but I REALLY want Mika to pull out of this slump that seems to be happening, and most of all I want to see him doing well here in the UK again. But everything that is going on recently seems to be making that so far away from happening, and I fear that when he finally gets around to it, it'll be too late, and it will be a case of starting from scratch, which is sad, as he should already be popular (pardon the pun) here.

Edited by RAK1

But this is the problem, her fans couldn't give a hoot about Mika. The massive majority of comments on YT are banging on about her, only a few mention Mika, and they are mostly throwaway comments. I'm sure Mika thought it would be a good idea to do this, bring Ari into the mix and get a foothold in the teen market, but her fans don't see past her, and I fear it's going to back fire on him massively, sadly.

I hear you, Rose, and agree that it's annoying, but actually I've seen quite a few of the "Arianators" saying how they've fallen in love with Mika and/or his voice, and how the song is stuck in their heads. I do think that will have the desired effect -- that is, get Mika new fans. They are both tweeting and posting like crazy, and even if they don't give Mika "top billing" they are tagging him in what they write and that certainly helps as well. In addition, music blogs and other publications that might not ordinarily post about Mika are writing about him and yes, I do think it's true that any publicity is good publicity, at least in this case. :dunno:

I'm sorry if I seem to be coming across as negative lately, but I REALLY want Mika to pull out of this slump that seems to be happening, and most of all I want to see him doing well here in the UK again. But everything that is going on recently seems to be making that so far away from happening, and I fear that when he finally gets around to it, it'll be too late, and it will be a case of starting from scratch, which is sad, as he should already be popular (pardon the pun) here.

I don't disagree with you at all here -- I guess one of the reasons the whole X Factor Italia thing bothers me so much is that Mika just finished a phenomenal acoustic tour in North America, with nothing but glowing reviews. My strategy would be to strike while the iron is hot and try to continue on that trend in UK and Europe. I worry about the "having to start from scratch" thing again, too. But... there's not much we can do about it at this point but wait and see what happens, is there? :sad:

On another note, I see that someone changed the thumbnail for the video, so that we see Mika and Ariana, rather than Mika and the car on the front page. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

"Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times."

Niccolò Machiavelli

And the XF thingie deal with this, too.

Same person who cleaned the toilets where he had his face sunk and the very same that cleaned Celebrate set with al those pieces of paper...:mf_rosetinted:

Right, first problem is soved:fisch:

First of all the song is titled "MIKA - Popular Song ft. Ariana". Therefore, this shows that it is Mika's song and that Ariana is the addition, not the other way round, and if her fans can't get that then it's their problem. It's all spelled out for them and if they don't get it then just leave them to it :naughty: It's already in black and white for them to read. Secondly, it's on HIS vevo channel. Enough said.

Anyway, I like the video, best one he's done yet although not sure about the song change.

The end.

First of all the song is titled "MIKA - Popular Song ft. Ariana". Therefore, this shows that it is Mika's song and that Ariana is the addition, not the other way round, and if her fans can't get that then it's their problem. It's all spelled out for them and if they don't get it then just leave them to it :naughty: It's already in black and white for them to read. Secondly, it's on HIS vevo channel. Enough said.

Anyway, I like the video, best one he's done yet although not sure about the song change.

The end.

:thumb_yello:

Also, I really enjoyed this video. Creative, I had no idea that all that time they were brewing a potion to turn those guys to stone:naughty:

Behind The Scenes of Popular Song posted by Mikasoundsofficial on Youtube:wink2:

Thanks Lucrezia :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by dcdeb
Had to pull video temporarily

I don't know what the problem is with Ariana's fans thinking it's an Ariana song. Aside from the occasional "that guy is creepy" (which he's supposed to be) I haven't seen any negative comments from them. If Mika didn't use her he wouldn't get any credit at all because no one would be listening to the song. :dunno:

If Mika can get airplay with this song then it might give him a chance to get airplay with songs that are 100% his. I think he's better off being known as Ariana's sidekick than some dude selling beer and sunglasses in any case.