NEW VIDEO! Popular Song ft. Ariana Grande

dcdeb

You know what I have noticed, watching it for the umpteenth time? It's awful light outside that kitchen window considering it's 10:59 at night when Mika looks at his watch... :teehee: Maybe it's set at the North Pole? :naughty:

:teehee: I doubt they were going for anything along the lines of realistic so I'll let that slide.

But the car's mouth thing that talks frightens me.

What i found the most ridiculous was that short guy trying to push Mika down the toilet and Mika bumping into the wall....:lmfao:

Can you blame him? He's just so TALL! :aah:

Four. I know nothing about cars. :aah: But if Mini Cooper paid to bring me this magnificent video, then they have my everlasting gratitude!

:thumb_yello: I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm even tempted to say let them sponsor more of his vids if they're all going to be this awesome but I think even I might begin to twig and get put off by a steady stream of car placements in all of his vids:naughty:

Mike Myers is awesome in that movie... I always feel the need to head bang along with them when they're driving around listening to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Yes me too. :punk:

But if Mini Cooper paid to bring me this magnificent video, then they have my everlasting gratitude!

Yeah it's a necessary evil I suppose. It's just sad how desperate the whole music industry has become even since Mika first came on the scene. I mean isn't it enough that advertising is plastered all over the video when you go to YouTube? And this is seriously getting into Wayne's World territory with its absurdity.

I was a little disturbed to see one Mika fan saying on the YT comments she thought Ariana should die!:shocked:

Really?

I don't think it's anyone here has (at least I hope not!), but are the new fan element that Mika is attracting a bit deranged?!

Seriously, we may have differences of opinion on here, and sometimes we have had the odd criticism hurled at us, but no one on here has EVER (to my knowledge at least) wished anyone Mika has worked/been associated with, dead!

It freaks me out a bit that anyone would seriously wish that on anyone.

I was a little disturbed to see one Mika fan saying on the YT comments she thought Ariana should die!:shocked:

Really?

I don't think it's anyone here has (at least I hope not!), but are the new fan element that Mika is attracting a bit deranged?!

Seriously, we may have differences of opinion on here, and sometimes we have had the odd criticism hurled at us, but no one on here has EVER (to my knowledge at least) wished anyone Mika has worked/been associated with, dead!

I don't think it's about Mika's new fans exactly, but much more with a new generation who doesn't realise how serious are some words, even if it's on the internet. :dunno:

:thumb_yello: I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm even tempted to say let them sponsor more of his vids if they're all going to be this awesome but I think even I might begin to twig and get put off by a steady stream of car placements in all of his vids:naughty:

But maybe next time they could get him a bigger car...A BMW,once Mini is now owned by it,at least so he can stretch his legs...Bet he got the cramps right after the shooting...:naughty:

Really?

I also freak out, but its not news to anyone who read tweeter replies to asia argento when he posted about the dog story or even Ditta last time she showed in one of his shows...

These people still didnt get what's reality and whats not...it makes me ashamed for them to call themselves mikafans...:aah:

But maybe next time they could get him a bigger car...A BMW,once Mini is now owned by it,at least so he can stretch his legs...Bet he got the cramps right after the shooting...:naughty:

I also freak out, but its not news to anyone who read tweeter replies to asia argento when he posted about the dog story or even Ditta last time she showed in one of his shows...

These people still didnt get what's reality and whats not...it makes me ashamed for them to call themselves mikafans...:aah:

I did reply to her and asked her not to be so nasty.

It seems that her comment has now been removed, I think.

Seriously??

The video comes to a screeching halt to advertise the car. There is no segue whatsoever. The music stops completely. And Mika speaks the name of the car out loud. It would have been only slightly more obvious if they'd had a voiceover "We interrupt this program with a word from our sponsors. Take it away Mika!!" :aah:

I don't think it's a lucky coincidence that the cover screenshot for the video on YouTube is a shot of the car either. I'm sure it was intentional. I wouldn't be surprised if Mini ties the song into their advertising as well.

Oh, it's definitely product placement for me and I liked it they did it in such an exaggerating way. Why pretend they are not selling something if they are? It would be more annoying. Stopping the music and pointing it out makes people at least aware of it (well that's how I thought when I saw it). If they had to do, better do it in a a funny way (imo).

This is fun, and as someone said, Mika looks so damn sexy.

I prefer the album version of "Popular", but I can put up with this :naughty:

I find this version still a bit hard to put up with (it's simply so teenage), but I guess she made the video possible (more money) and I love the result :thumb_yello: And she looks a sweet girl and seems to admire Mika.

Probably many of them are quite young and can't understand what they are doing, and it's scary they are all over the internet. Not sure they are even learning, it's worrying :aah:

Edited by tiibet

I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!! Mika and Ariana are so delicious together... I love the premise and the production value... and oh, how I love those gorgeous shirts with those beautiful collars that Mika always wears. Especially in this video, his costumes are stunning. Mika's SO (!!!!) charismatic -- seeing him in a video like this makes me (yet again) really want to see him in a film... AND a B'way show! How about combining the two -- some great Stephen Schwartz musicals to pick from; Pippin... Godspell (Jesus!)... Magic Show is a wonderful show -- I'd love to see the Doug Henning role expanded and have Mika be the master magician! It would be great if Stephen would write a show/musical movie for Mika! Or if MIKA would write a show/musical movie for himself!!!! I'm preaching to the choir here... but he is a RARE AND AMAZING TALENT who can do anything! And seeing him be so electric on screen in this video makes me want MORE MIKA on screen and on stage... What a tease this is! But ooooh... how I love it! :wub2:

1335ff35-f3fe-4137-953a-89c335095dd7_zps6819518c.jpg

seriously am going all INSANE here... so... i did these...

crazy me? ya DUH?! (screaming all day long already...

35349841_p2.jpg

35349841_p3.jpg

absolutely love the new video... love it. LOVE IT.

LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE IIIIIIIITTTTTT.

n it kinda reminds me of Tim Burton ;)

I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!! Mika and Ariana are so delicious together... I love the premise and the production value... and oh, how I love those gorgeous shirts with those beautiful collars that Mika always wears. Especially in this video, his costumes are stunning. Mika's SO (!!!!) charismatic -- seeing him in a video like this makes me (yet again) really want to see him in a film... AND a B'way show! How about combining the two -- some great Stephen Schwartz musicals to pick from; Pippin... Godspell (Jesus!)... Magic Show is a wonderful show -- I'd love to see the Doug Henning role expanded and have Mika be the master magician! It would be great if Stephen would write a show/musical movie for Mika! Or if MIKA would write a show/musical movie for himself!!!! I'm preaching to the choir here... but he is a RARE AND AMAZING TALENT who can do anything! And seeing him be so electric on screen in this video makes me want MORE MIKA on screen and on stage... What a tease this is! But ooooh... how I love it! :wub2:

1335ff35-f3fe-4137-953a-89c335095dd7_zps6819518c.jpg

I'LL DRINK TO THAT &

VOTE FOR MIKA, THE ACTOR AS WELL ::

http://faxo.com/home/people/twitter/actor/

Edited by A. Clay

Director Chris Marrs Piliero uploaded ORIGINAL file to VIMEO.

3666673_300.jpg

The ORIGINAL MOV file is amazing !! Check it out !!

435971849_295.jpg

Thank you so much!!! :flowers2:

The original format is better than the version that is on youtube.

Love this video so much, it's like a proper movie! Really like the storyline, the Tim Burton influences, its style in general but what impressed me the most is Mika's acting. He really is an amazingly good actor!!

This is an excellent video:wub2:

Director Chris Marrs Piliero uploaded ORIGINAL file to VIMEO.

3666673_300.jpg

The ORIGINAL MOV file is amazing !! Check it out !!

435971849_295.jpg

many thanks for that - glad to have an official version that can also be watched in germany! :bow:

Best video of his he's ever done I'd say! I LOVE IT. I couldn't stop laughing :aah:

Like his vids all, but that is ssomething special, but I asked myself, who will clean up the room later,:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Like his vids all, but that is ssomething special, but I asked myself, who will clean up the room later,:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Same person who cleaned the toilets where he had his face sunk and the very same that cleaned Celebrate set with al those pieces of paper...:mf_rosetinted:

I like the video. I don`t know how much Mika`s own concept is there, but this mix of Tim Burton, The Adams, Sweeney Todd and a haunted house is ironic and dark enough to be something from Mika`s head:teehee:

I also noticed that Mika (?) continues the idea of theatrical, unnatural, artificial world shown in plastic scenery of the video. Or mb the director was too inspired by Mika and his vision. I like to think so:teehee:

At the moment Popular Song is #106 on the US iTunes (#32 in Pop category) :yay:

Edit: And it's #8 Top music video :boing: higher than Gangnam Style :naughty:

Edited by Milda