2013 - Mika in "Saturday Night Online" this September 21

Diani Lissette

XD what else did you ask?

If i can't think of any better questions i might just ask wtf touches you is about :teehee:

I have my own theory about Touches You, but would love to hear the real explanation -- and by that I mean the REAL explanation, not the explanation that Mika would be willing to share publicly. :wink2:

My other questions were... hmm, I can't even remember now. I asked whether he writes the lyrics first or the melody, when he's starting a new song. I asked if his goals and ambitions have changed over the last few years. I asked... gosh, what else did I ask? :aah:

In any case, because of the other "treasures" thread we have going, I ran across the last time Mika did a video Q & A... it was on myspace a few years ago. Thought I'd link to the videos here so you can see what his answers were to some previously asked questions (like "will you marry me?") :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]He51bwEUVOA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4N-OpAAuK4o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]hN9s_-Zd3zs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1fFa-NpBaxw[/YOUTUBE]

I remembered my other one, which I like the most:

The song order on Origin Of Love really stuck out to me as well chosen. What kind of process goes into choosing the song order on your albums?

I have to wonder if posting questions closer to the date gives you a better chance...

• Like 1

So we can talk to mika?? what do we have to do?

not really talk to him... but you can send in questions to mika on this link, and if you're lucky he'll answer one of them - like in the videos deb posted. :wink2:

askanything-logo.png

14586_1378592816.jpg&wmax=424&hmax=300&quality=85

Mika will be on #SaturdayNightOnline this September 21 at 8 p.m. Eastern time.

He will answer questions from fans in live and direct.

To ask your questions link: http://askanything.co/artist-page.php?id=mika … :mikadas:

hey!! could I ask you how does SaturdayNightOnline work ? what have I to do? is he going to answer all our questions ? and how is he going to answer ?please answer me! <3

hey!! could I ask you how does SaturdayNightOnline work ? what have I to do? is he going to answer all our questions ? and how is he going to answer ?please answer me! <3

here's a faq of the website: http://askanything.co/how-it-works.php :wink2: you can ask questions on their website form or via twitter. i'm sure mika won't answer all of them, there are too many. :wink2: and from what i saw, there are videos of the celebs answering the questions... just click through the askanything website, you'll find a few examples of previous chats there. :thumb_yello:

not really talk to him... but you can send in questions to mika on this link, and if you're lucky he'll answer one of them - like in the videos deb posted. :wink2:

thank you mellody! but I don't get if the video he's going to post is just ONE video for us all or he's going to answer in different private videos..I guess the first one xD

here's a faq of the website: http://askanything.co/how-it-works.php :wink2: you can ask questions on their website form or via twitter. i'm sure mika won't answer all of them, there are too many. :wink2: and from what i saw, there are videos of the celebs answering the questions... just click through the askanything website, you'll find a few examples of previous chats there. :thumb_yello:

thank you! I get it :)

I have my own theory about Touches You, but would love to hear the real explanation -- and by that I mean the REAL explanation, not the explanation that Mika would be willing to share publicly. :wink2:

My other questions were... hmm, I can't even remember now. I asked whether he writes the lyrics first or the melody, when he's starting a new song. I asked if his goals and ambitions have changed over the last few years. I asked... gosh, what else did I ask? :aah:

In any case, because of the other "treasures" thread we have going, I ran across the last time Mika did a video Q & A... it was on myspace a few years ago. Thought I'd link to the videos here so you can see what his answers were to some previously asked questions (like "will you marry me?") :naughty:

i'd settle for any explanation right now xD he's never mentioned any meaning of TY, has he?

btw if he doesn't answer your melody or lyrics question, i remember a recent-ish audio interview where he says melody is always first (can't remember which interview tho :doh: ). if he does answer your question, i'll be curious to see if he changes his answer :teehee:

He did a Q&A for Rock The Games last year too

I remembered my other one, which I like the most:

The song order on Origin Of Love really stuck out to me as well chosen. What kind of process goes into choosing the song order on your albums?

I have to wonder if posting questions closer to the date gives you a better chance...

i too wondered about if when you ask matters

i'd settle for any explanation right now xD he's never mentioned any meaning of TY, has he?

I remember I read an interview and he said that TY is about jealousy,about the desire of being everything that touches your lover,but I can't remember where it was posted :doh:

Edit: found it,it was Gay&Night:

gaynight3_zps4fc2dcf7.jpg

Edited by krysady

Q&As with fans are great. He should do more, maybe even for the MFC someday if we are fortunate. :)

yes i love them too. :wub2: just earlier this evening i watched the one from radio ffn again (posted it on the video treasures thread :teehee:), with live questions, it was just so spontaneous and funny! :mikalove: and one for mfc would be really fab too - just not sure if mika would dare that, he knows not all our questions would be "harmless". :naughty:

i still don't know what to ask him. like christine, i think i know most answers already. in the last faq thing (that spanish chat where he typed the answers) i wanted to asked him about his inspiration for writing live your life, but since this one's an US website they probably won't choose that (has LYL even been released there?). anyway, i still have a bit over a week, maybe i can think of something til then.

btw deb was great to see that myspace chat again... when he answers my question and misreads my name as karim. :lmfao:

Q&As with fans are great. He should do more, maybe even for the MFC someday if we are fortunate. :)

We've asked. Several times. Still waiting. :wait::teehee:

btw deb was great to see that myspace chat again... when he answers my question and misreads my name as karim. :lmfao:

Yes, I thought of you when I was watching :)

@dcdeb Did he made one last year in Spain?

Hmm, I guess -- he did a google hangout chat in Italy, too. And I guess he took questions at the Olympics last year as well... but this one just stuck out in my memory more than any others. Sorry.

btw if he doesn't answer your melody or lyrics question, i remember a recent-ish audio interview where he says melody is always first (can't remember which interview tho :doh: ). if he does answer your question, i'll be curious to see if he changes his answer :teehee:

Hmm, I don't recall that. I would think for him the melody does probably come first, but sometimes he's said he gets these movies in his head, so I wondered if maybe he wrote lyrics for them. For example, when he talks about writing Origin of Love, it sounds more like the lyrics came first... so maybe it's different every time. I'm just curious. :)

Edited by dcdeb

i wanted to asked him about his inspiration for writing live your life, but since this one's an US website they probably won't choose that (has LYL even been released there?).

It's worth a try, I would say :wink2: Who knows, sometimes even unexpected questions get chosen. But if one doesn't ask the question it won't be answered for sure :wink2:

I remember I read an interview and he said that TY is about jealousy,about the desire of being everything that touches your lover,but I can't remember where it was posted :doh:

I have a dark memory as well - that he said it was about obsession. But I have no clue where I have read/seen it and I'm not even sure if I'm only messing up things and it was just an interpretation in the song-thread smiley_emoticons_mttao_cowboy_confused.gif

Edit: Oh, you have found it already :teehee::thumb_yello:

Edited by DerMoment1608

I have a dark memory as well - that he said it was about obsession. But I have no clue where I have read/seen it and I'm not even sure if I'm only messing up things and it was just an interpretation in the song-thread smiley_emoticons_mttao_cowboy_confused.gif

Edited my previous post :wink2:

I can answer every question Mika will receive about when he is coming to Mars, etc. "I really love [insert country here]. The fans are amazing. I definitely want to go to [insert country here]. I am not touring right now. But when the album comes out."

And for the album question he will say yes because he has answered yes to this question every time for the past 6 years whether he was in the middle of it or a year away from even starting on it. And if he is pressed for details he will say something like "it's a lot like [insert piano based artist from the 70s here]." And then this quote will haunt him for the next 3 years when it sounds nothing like that because he doesn't know what an album he hasn't made yet is going to sound like. :teehee:

Christine, I was about to write that until I saw your post :naughty: (probably would've said it in a way less funnier way). But I still asked this anyway, only by pure curiosity. I forgot what was my second question though :blink:

Edited by RayaBadran

I asked my old question again, does he ever play guitar?

I saw him pick one up at the end of an interview once. He seemed to know what he was doing, but the interview faded out before we heard him properly.

I do love to see/hear him play the piano, but I'd also, really love to see/hear him play a guitar on a song. It would be lovely.